Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

mthawk07 05-21-2021 09:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
The Caps seriously haven't looked like they've given a shit in the playoffs since Game 5 ended in Vegas three years ago.

prdstmnky36 05-21-2021 09:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17957870)
The Caps seriously haven't looked like they've given a shit in the playoffs since Game 5 ended in Vegas three years ago.

It’s infuriating! 4 power plays thru 2 periods and your total SOG are like 11? Fuck outta here!

prdstmnky36 05-21-2021 09:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Yup, I’m done watching this piss poor effort.

mthawk07 05-21-2021 09:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Yeah I’m out. We’ll always have 2018.

TypicalBilly14 05-21-2021 10:26 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Bruins!!!!!!!:bounce:thumbsup:multi:thumbsup

Lcsulla 05-22-2021 12:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
8 games for kadri, relatively surprised that I think the punishment fits the penalty - rare since I usually think DOPS is a joke.

Lcsulla 05-22-2021 12:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17957768)
Murray's glove was worse.

NBC loves to run with that narrative all the time across the league, thats where guys shoot now because most goalies low blockers are so good.

He absolutely has let in some soft ones so far, especially GM1, but it wasnt an overarching issue throughout the season for him.

Im not 100% sure if he has a deep run in him either, but that narrative is just tired imo.

I watch a lot of Pens games actually and I agree on murray, that and his swiming around the net like a beached whale was entertaining at times.


If I did not know better I'd think he got a new glove to start the playoffs with but he did bounce back in 2 and 3.

drakan 05-22-2021 12:13 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Want to go on record saying OT should only go 2 periods and then they should have a shootout. 3 periods max. There is no value in 3 or 4 OT periods.

...and now there is a PP. Game over I bet. Sorry to jinx you Canes.

jmkratt 05-22-2021 01:16 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
The Blues played their best game of the series and got blown out 5-1, go Avs

Antiramie 05-22-2021 01:36 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17957955)
Want to go on record saying OT should only go 2 periods and then they should have a shootout. 3 periods max. There is no value in 3 or 4 OT periods.

...and now there is a PP. Game over I bet. Sorry to jinx you Canes.

Want to go on record saying this take smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.

Lcsulla 05-22-2021 01:49 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Hell no regarding a shootout to decide a postseason game

Antiramie 05-22-2021 01:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17957976)
Hell no regarding a shootout to decide a postseason game

Yea fuck that. Hardest shot!

jmkratt 05-22-2021 01:54 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17957974)
Want to go on record saying this take smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17957976)
Hell no regarding a shootout to decide a postseason game

Agreed :thumbsdow

Lcsulla 05-22-2021 02:04 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17957977)
Yea fuck that. Hardest shot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmkratt (Post 17957978)
Agreed :thumbsdow

Might as well stuff a pinch runner at second base to start extra innings, that was awful as well. Never quite certain why people want to fix non-existent problems - personally that is an aspect of the Stanley Cup playoffs I love (especially better on a Friday or Saturday!) - being able to watch how guys handle a brutal grueling series packed with multiple overtimes. In 2013 when the Hawks beat Boston holy shit was that a close series, 4 of the 6 games went to OT and all were decided by one goal if memory serves. That series if including shootouts would have been nowhere near as exciting as finishing up a season with non-stop action, tight games and extra time most games - and as someone who was cheering for one of those teams it was nailbiting, frustrating and elating - THAT is why I love the Cup playoffs as much as anything in sports. For me a soccer fans this is like having an annual World Cup where I can kick back for a month plus and watch 2 or 3 games a day.

Lcsulla 05-22-2021 02:11 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17957775)
Bounce back tonight. You have the Swordo guarantee!*

Definite improvement for sure, Hellebuyck was just in god mode all game which is a very scary proposition for any team. Sorry for your luck bro.

ToySoldier#34 05-22-2021 09:13 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17957903)
Bruins!!!!!!!:bounce:thumbsup:multi:thumbsup


Looking good!

swordo84 05-22-2021 10:14 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17957983)
Definite improvement for sure, Hellebuyck was just in god mode all game which is a very scary proposition for any team. Sorry for your luck bro.

Both goalies played out of their minds, Oilers still got out played by a wide margin imo. Will they improve tomorrow? I'm losing faith, that's for sure.

mr.MikeD 05-22-2021 10:40 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I think the Oilers do rely too much on Connor and Leo (no shit...) And they are such high skill guys who haven’t figured out how to break through when the regular season rules go out the window and clutch-grab-interference hockey takes over.
I’m not specifically complaining about the reffing against the Oilers since “playoff hockey” is across the board but it doesn’t suit McDavid at all. Maybe... who knows, or maybe the Oilers are just put on this earth to get my hopes up and dash them again and again:)

drakan 05-22-2021 08:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17957974)
Want to go on record saying this take smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.

No reason to go 3 or 4 OT's and ruin a the next game or so. Workers and fans need to go home. I sat thru 9 periods of hockey once at an NCAA tourney.

Antiramie 05-22-2021 08:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17958217)
No reason to go 3 or 4 OT's and ruin a the next game or so. Workers and fans need to go home. I sat thru 9 periods of hockey once at an NCAA tourney.

3+ OT games have only happened 35 times in 50+ years. They're still a way better option, even with whatever negative aspects you think they have, than ending a game with a gimmick like a shootout. The latter will NEVER happen in the playoffs.

drakan 05-22-2021 09:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17958223)
3+ OT games have only happened 35 times in 50+ years. They're still a way better option, even with whatever negative aspects you think they have, than ending a game with a gimmick like a shootout. The latter will NEVER happen in the playoffs.

Shootouts are not gimmicks. They decide the Gold medal in the olympics after 1 OT. Don't you remember Peter Forsberg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3yNIuoUjfk

Shootouts are used in the regular season and are important in the playoff seedings and in even making the playoffs. Why not use all that experience to not have 3 or 4 OT games?

Lcsulla 05-22-2021 09:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17958050)
I think the Oilers do rely too much on Connor and Leo (no shit...) And they are such high skill guys who haven’t figured out how to break through when the regular season rules go out the window and clutch-grab-interference hockey takes over.
I’m not specifically complaining about the reffing against the Oilers since “playoff hockey” is across the board but it doesn’t suit McDavid at all. Maybe... who knows, or maybe the Oilers are just put on this earth to get my hopes up and dash them again and again:)

Apologies for potentially bringing up bad memories but I thought they relied too heavily on them vs the Hawks in the bubble last year and their defense was so off for a playoff team it was amazing to watch them leave guys like Toews or Debrincat wide open in the slot without a defender within 5 yards at times. Smith and Koskinin (sp) did all they could but the Oilers gave up too many high danger chances that went in for McDavid and Draisaitl to overcome. In game one this year I thought they were giving up chances just like last year but they tightened up in game 2 (credit to Smith for not bending on a few chances) so that is something to build on. Both those big guys can steal a game for you as can Smith, D tightens up a bit more and you guys can be right back in that series tomorrow night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17958224)
Shootouts are not gimmicks. They decide the Gold medal in the olympics after 1 OT. Don't you remember Peter Forsberg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3yNIuoUjfk

Shootouts are used in the regular season and are important in the playoff seedings and in even making the playoffs. Why not use all that experience to not have 3 or 4 OT games?

:lol No offense intended at all but I doubt you are going to get many takers in here for the idea of a postseason shootout. I know I have seen and enjoyed plenty of multiple overtime games over the years and I am guessing so have many in this thread who also enjoyed them.

Antiramie 05-22-2021 09:26 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17958224)
Shootouts are not gimmicks. They decide the Gold medal in the olympics after 1 OT. Don't you remember Peter Forsberg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3yNIuoUjfk

Shootouts are used in the regular season and are important in the playoff seedings and in even making the playoffs. Why not use all that experience to not have 3 or 4 OT games?

Because the league and fans largely don’t want it. 3+ OTs are rare, and they’re awesome.

Most fans don’t want shootouts in the regular season, but they’re better than ties and going extended OT lengths and risking guys getting hurt.

Lcsulla 05-22-2021 09:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17958229)
Because the league and fans largely don’t want it. 3+ OTs are rare, and they’re awesome.

Most fans don’t want shootouts in the regular season, but they’re better than ties and going extended OT lengths and risking guys getting hurt.

Damn, may have to mark my calendar or something - we agree completely on something! Cheers! :lol

drakan 05-22-2021 09:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17958227)
I know I have seen and enjoyed plenty of multiple overtime games over the years

Pretty sure I'll have less years because of OT games.:lol

Lcsulla 05-22-2021 09:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17958232)
Pretty sure I'll have less years because of OT games.:lol

Yes, there is certainly that. Just going on what I was really invested in Hawks/Flyers in 2010, Hawks/Bruins in 2013 were brutal and so was Hawks/Ducks 2015 - every damn game was OT it felt like. I remember one game that felt like a dagger to the heart, 2015 against the Ducks Hawks pull Crow with about 3 minutes remaining because they are down 2, Toews puts 2 in in about a minute to send it to OT and I am happy as hell and Chicago has all the momentum - five minutes into the first OT a bad turnover and Anaheim ends up winning - that one probably took half a decade off my life! :lol

unccrombie 05-23-2021 12:21 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Even the World Cup goes to penalties. Just saying.

Antiramie 05-23-2021 01:28 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 17958290)
Even the World Cup goes to penalties. Just saying.

They don't call it the hardest trophy to win in professional sports for nothing...;)

drakan 05-23-2021 02:35 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17958305)
They don't call it the hardest trophy to win in professional sports for nothing...;)

https://giphy.com/gifs/zidane-PDmXIQru17Udy

TypicalBilly14 05-23-2021 01:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Go Bruins!!!!!!! :bounce:multi:bounce:thumbsup


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.