Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

CrushB610 04-23-2018 09:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)

Went to game 4, that sucked.

Went to game 6 to make up for game 4, sucked a little less but still sucked.

Sometimes I really hate being a fan of a Philly sports team. Idiots throwing shit on the ice when you are a damn WC playoff team going up against back to back Cup winners. Lol canít stand this cityís fans sometimes, man.

Roose13 04-23-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 17070676)
Went to game 4, that sucked.

Went to game 6 to make up for game 4, sucked a little less but still sucked.

Sometimes I really hate being a fan of a Philly sports team. Idiots throwing shit on the ice when you are a damn WC playoff team going up against back to back Cup winners. Lol canít stand this cityís fans sometimes, man.

Flyers werenít a wild card and finished two points behind the Pens in the standings.

CrushB610 04-23-2018 10:12 AM

Good call about the WC, guess it just felt that way... but regardless of the 2 pts between them, there is a clear difference in talent level. Iím not sure what there is to get so pissed about. If this was years and years of frustrating play from a top team in the league year in, year out (like the Caps) i guess I would understand.

Iím just not sure where these people come from where throwing shit on the ice (2 closeout playoff games in a row vs clearly superior opponents), beer cans at opposing fans, etc is acceptable behavior for adults. I mean in 2 outta the last 3 playoff games Iíve been to, Iíve seen Flyers fans fighting each other. Makes no sense.

TheLastPig 04-23-2018 12:03 PM

Excited to sit back and watch Gm 6 tonight and root for the Blue Jackets to push it to 7.

Was there no mention of the Torts guarantee in here? That fucking guy, probably gonna end up guaranteeing a loss at home tonight :lol

Brohan_Santana 04-23-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 17070587)
Looks like a real nice stadium youíve got there in Minny. Glad we own it now.

This is a pathetic - is this going to be the Philly mantra forever now? At least we have a Super Bowl to win an argument in another sport?

Brohan_Santana 04-23-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 17070700)
Good call about the WC, guess it just felt that way... but regardless of the 2 pts between them, there is a clear difference in talent level. Iím not sure what there is to get so pissed about. If this was years and years of frustrating play from a top team in the league year in, year out (like the Caps) i guess I would understand.

Iím just not sure where these people come from where throwing shit on the ice (2 closeout playoff games in a row vs clearly superior opponents), beer cans at opposing fans, etc is acceptable behavior for adults. I mean in 2 outta the last 3 playoff games Iíve been to, Iíve seen Flyers fans fighting each other. Makes no sense.

The thing is Caps fans aren't shitty. Even though the team, refs, bad situations - whatever you want to call it - keep happening you don't see shit being thrown on the ice. You don't see them booing Crosby

Every single time stuff like this happens the excuse is always, "But they're passionate, that's why they do it". No, they're fucking idiots

Roose13 04-23-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 17070700)

It's just dumb drunk people being dumb drunk people. Sadly, Philly has A LOT of them. You're right. You're adults. Act like it. It's just a game.

Roose13 04-23-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17070858)
The thing is Caps fans aren't shitty. Even though the team, refs, bad situations - whatever you want to call it - keep happening you don't see shit being thrown on the ice. You don't see them booing Crosby

Every single time stuff like this happens the excuse is always, "But they're passionate, that's why they do it". No, they're fucking idiots

Oh yea, those well-behaved Caps fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLX86vR-iDE

Brohan_Santana 04-23-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17070893)
Oh yea, those well-behaved Caps fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLX86vR-iDE

Let's be honest, Torts deserves all of this. I also didn't see anything in the video & don't really have time to look. I'll take it that there was actually ice being thrown on the bench?

If there is one fan doing something, you can narrow it down. when it's the whole stadium it's another thing.

This one still gives me all the lulz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBeZWZGxlpU&t=15s

jrkarger 04-23-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17070846)
This is a pathetic - is this going to be the Philly mantra forever now? At least we have a Super Bowl to win an argument in another sport?

I didn’t understand that last night when he posted twice about that.

The Eagles won the super bowl so they “own” a stadium in which they’ve never played?

Even if that made any sense (it doesn’t) I’m not sure what that has to do with hockey

Roose13 04-23-2018 12:49 PM

Meh whatever. Drunk people gonna drunk people. It's idiotic, yes, but not exactly breaking news. But this shit only comes up when it happens in Philly. That gets tired :rolleyes

Roose13 04-23-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17070913)
I didnít understand that last night when he posted twice about that.

The Eagles won the super bowl so they ďownĒ a stadium in which theyíve never played?

Even if that mad any sense (it doesnít) Iím not sure what that has to do with hockey

The Super Bowl was played in Minnesota's stadium. He's a Minnesota fan. But no, has nothing to do with hockey outside of AJF is just a weird Philly hater.

jrkarger 04-23-2018 12:59 PM

Ah. That makes sense... I guess. I had forgot SBLII was played there.

CrushB610 04-23-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17070858)

I will say the Caps fans I've come across at WFC have been pretty good. A Caps fan was actually the one trying to break up the fight between 2 Flyers fans I mentioned earlier :lol

I don't see a problem booing Crosby at all but for example the fans boo the refs as soon as they come onto the ice in pregame... for what? The game hasn't even played yet and there hasn't been any really terrible calls vs the flyers that cost them a game in the series or anything. Just unnecessary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17070885)
It's just dumb drunk people being dumb drunk people. Sadly, Philly has A LOT of them. You're right. You're adults. Act like it. It's just a game.

Agreed... I go to close to 10 Flyers games a year and idk how to explain it but I feel like people show up to these playoffs game actively looking for something to get pissed off about... I get things are charged up in the playoffs but during the regular season the fanbase finds that right mix between being into the game but not going over the top.

Wasn't trying to turn this thread into the "Philly Sports Fan" thread but honestly I can't stand those types of Philly fans. Good luck to all your teams in here (except for the Pens fans). Go Preds!

fonzz41 04-23-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17070574)
Didnít get any videos this time, just a pic from us watching the Avs game, which I thought Matty would like.

:lol Dustin's face looks a lot like mine did.

How is he after a playoff defeat? I imagine it stings, but that he's been around long enough to have learned how to move forward.

dmbetc 04-23-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17070954)
:lol Dustin's face looks a lot like mine did.

How is he after a playoff defeat? I imagine it stings, but that he's been around long enough to have learned how to move forward.

:lol I didnít talk to him specifics. Heís fine though, his normal self aside from being banged up.

Side note: props to the Avs fans for cheering on the guys even in a brutal defeat. Thatís what fans should be doing!

Roose13 04-23-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17070574)
Didnít get any videos this time, just a pic from us watching the Avs game, which I thought Matty would like.

:lol:lol

fonzz41 04-23-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17070992)
:lol I didnít talk to him specifics. Heís fine though, his normal self aside from being banged up.

Side note: props to the Avs fans for cheering on the guys even in a brutal defeat. Thatís what fans should be doing!

I was super pleased with the fans. They've really come back in force this year and it's been fun to see.

Overall, the team is hella fun to watch. I'm excited to see how they come back next season after a learning experience like this.

TheLastPig 04-23-2018 02:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)

So is it against any rules what just happened with Bill Peters? Clearly he had an under the table deal done to get hired by the Flames before resigning from Carolina.

JRS1386 04-23-2018 02:33 PM

Not to excuse the fans because they are fucking idiots, but I think they were throwing shit due to the perceived shitty officiating and not the overall narrative of the game

TheLastPig 04-23-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 17071046)
Not to excuse the fans because they are fucking idiots, but I think they were throwing shit due to the perceived shitty officiating and not the overall narrative of the game

Throwing (full) beer cans is throwing beer cans. Doesnt matter what the reasoning is.

Philly fans hate the stereotype, but they keep living up to it.

JRS1386 04-23-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17071048)
Throwing (full) beer cans is throwing beer cans. Doesnt matter what the reasoning is.

I wasn't trying to excuse it, but that's cool. Also, the ones who hate are the ones who it doesn't apply to. That's how these things work

TMoore4075 04-23-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17071039)
So is it against any rules what just happened with Bill Peters? Clearly he had an under the table deal done to get hired by the Flames before resigning from Carolina.

I believe he had a clause in his contract where he had a window to talk to other teams. So 100% ok.

swordo84 04-23-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17071039)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17071146)
I believe he had a clause in his contract where he had a window to talk to other teams. So 100% ok.

He definitely had an 'out' clause that he clearly exercised. I'm fairly certain I also saw that the Flames requested permission to speak with him and were granted said permission.

DMBzilla 04-23-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17071048)

I donít think we really hate it. Itís just that many of the stories are overblown, and stuff that has happened in many cities over the years.

smudge1 04-23-2018 05:17 PM

Not a big hockey fan..but if my hometown team makes it to the playoffs..I follow.
Amazing how this thread pretends Tampa Bay Lightning doesn’t exist.

TheLastPig 04-23-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 17071271)
I don’t think we really hate it. It’s just that many of the stories are overblown, and stuff that has happened in many cities over the years.

More about the consistency that it happens.

And I dont recall any other cities eating horse shit, maybe you can point me to some stories?

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudge1 (Post 17071282)
Not a big hockey fan..but if my hometown team makes it to the playoffs..I follow.
Amazing how this thread pretends Tampa Bay Lightning doesn’t exist.

Noone is pretending they dont exist. Theres not really any tampa fans that come in here, so it doesnt get brought up. I feel like this is deja vu of something said last year too. Follow during the season and come here to discuss!

jrkarger 04-23-2018 05:24 PM

:lol :lol

I think I pulled an ab muscle or two from :lol ing.

Anyway, I’ll fix this for you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 17071271)
I don’t think we really hate it. It’s just that many of the stories are well documented, and stuff that has happened in many cases here over the years.

:lol :lol

fonzz41 04-23-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudge1 (Post 17071282)
Amazing how this thread pretends Tampa Bay Lightning doesnít exist.

Sounds like you pretend it doesn't either unless they make the playoffs. :lol

But seriously, we are all hockey fans here who have our own teams, for sure, but are down with talking about other teams when there's something worth talking about. For me and Tampa, I just don't know there's much to talk about... they are a great team who will probable come out on top of the East. Great for them. FWiW, I hope Hedman gets the Norris. He deserves it.

smudge1 04-23-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17071288)
Noone is pretending they dont exist. Theres not really any tampa fans that come in here, so it doesnt get brought up. I feel like this is deja vu of something said last year too. Follow during the season and come here to discuss!

Oh..I follow regular season. They killed it.