Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Climb2safety 04-03-2018 11:36 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Golden Knights are alright)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17054034)
Really doesn't matter who Caps face. They just need to focus on each game whoever the opponent is. Only thing ever holding them back is themselves

Any team wanting the Caps is fooling themselves. No one in the east scares me either.

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17054392)
Any team wanting the Caps is fooling themselves. No one in the east scares me either.

uhhh...the Pens?

Roose13 04-03-2018 11:39 PM

Talk about amateur hour between the two non-Barbs Caps fans... :rolleyes

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2018 11:42 PM

thoughts on the disallowed Nashville goal tonight?

Apparently, I'm in the minority. I thought it was the right call. Forward had his stick in the legs of Lou and caused the puck to become loose.

barbogast 04-03-2018 11:46 PM

I would definitely want to face the Caps. Especially if I’m Pittsburgh. Which let’s face it, that’s likely gonna happen in round 2 (save for a first round lollercaps). I don’t like our chances against the Pens in round 2. I just don’t.

To say otherwise as a Caps fan is fooling yourself.

Plus, looks like they’re gonna head into the playoffs with two number one goalies. Because that’ll work.

Climb2safety 04-03-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17054394)
uhhh...the Pens?

Yeah sure. The past is the past and the road probably goes through them.

They donít not seem as scary this year but of course Malkin and Sid are as good as they come.

mr.MikeD 04-04-2018 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17054365)
What planet am I living on where ESPN considers Taylor Hall the likely Hart winner over Nathan MacKinnon?

It’s not that crazy. Nearly identical total points and the gap between Hall and the next highest scorer on the team is bigger than any other team, at something like 42 points. He’s dragging the team along with him.

Totally unrelated but I can’t wait till the Oilers get a high scoring winger for McDavid.

JRS1386 04-04-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17054406)
Yeah sure. The past is the past and the road probably goes through them.

They donít not seem as scary this year but of course Malkin and Sid are as good as they come.

The past is the past? They are fucking playing amazing hockey right now and won the past 2 stanley cups. Get this shit out of here. At least troll intelligently

Climb2safety 04-04-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 17054418)
The past is the past? They are fucking playing amazing hockey right now and won the past 2 stanley cups. Get this shit out of here. At least troll intelligently

Iím not saying anything about Pittsburgh and the Caps donít need to worry about them either.

They better take Columbus seriously though.

Iím just saying that I think the east is pretty wide open. Feel free to disagree

barbogast 04-04-2018 12:14 AM

The East is wide open, but the Pens are still the team to beat. I like the Caps chances versus literally anyone except the Pens. It’s not like the Pens are immune to defeat though, but if the Caps do end up drawing them, I don’t feel all too confident.

Lcsulla 04-04-2018 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17054379)
:lol because ESPN

Yeah, they are dumb-asses!

kev87lads 04-04-2018 01:05 AM

What an awful night for the Flyers. Just so, so bad.

Brohan_Santana 04-04-2018 01:13 AM

Anyone who thinks there is a team to beat in either league is fooling themselves. Entire NHL playoffs is wide open. And Iím not saying that because itís the NHL and anything can happen, saying that because there really is no dominant team

BotheLaneFan 04-04-2018 02:08 AM

Golden Knights Gold!!!

~Crashintome89~ 04-04-2018 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17054431)
Iím not saying anything about Pittsburgh and the Caps donít need to worry about them either.

They better take Columbus seriously though.

Iím just saying that I think the east is pretty wide open. Feel free to disagree

Serious commentary here:

The metro comes down to the Pens and the Caps. I think the Pens take it just because they're firing on all clyinders, and as long as Murray is healthy they'll take the Caps in five or six.

Tampa is probably the most legit threat to the Pens in the Eastern Conference, but even with them it all depends on whether or not Stamkos is healthy. (Looks like they're shutting him down for the rest of the regular season.)

Boston is the wild card. I don't know how they're so good. But whatever, I'd rather see Sid raise up another Cup than Marchand touching it again.

Dirty rat bastard.

fonzz41 04-04-2018 02:19 AM

If the Blackhawks could please pull out a win over the Blues tomorrow, thatíd be great.

Climb2safety 04-04-2018 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17054487)
Serious commentary here:

The metro comes down to the Pens and the Caps. I think the Pens take it just because they're firing on all clyinders, and as long as Murray is healthy they'll take the Caps in five or six.

Tampa is probably the most legit threat to the Pens in the Eastern Conference, but even with them it all depends on whether or not Stamkos is healthy. (Looks like they're shutting him down for the rest of the regular season.)

Boston is the wild card. I don't know how they're so good. But whatever, I'd rather see Sid raise up another Cup than Marchand touching it again.

Dirty rat bastard.

Agree with it all.

I like Sid too. He had some pretty cool tings to say about Ovi before his 1000th game.

Tampa is going to be a tough out for sure. I like them second probably to the Pens objectively speaking.

Itís going to be a good tournament.

~Crashintome89~ 04-04-2018 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17054488)
If the Blackhawks could please pull out a win over the Blues tomorrow, thatíd be great.

Nope. The Blues gave my future wife, Jenna Fischer (Pam from The Office) a jersey, so I'm fully in for the Blues...despite the fact that a win hurts the Flyers chances of getting a mid-1st round pick at the draft.

dmbetc 04-04-2018 03:16 AM

Quote:

:thumbsup yeah man I want the Avs in it.

dmbetc 04-04-2018 03:17 AM

Guyssssss it’s almost here!!

fonzz41 04-04-2018 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17054493)
Nope. The Blues gave my future wife, Jenna Fischer (Pam from The Office) a jersey, so I'm fully in for the Blues...despite the fact that a win hurts the Flyers chances of getting a mid-1st round pick at the draft.

Oh yeah Jenna told me about that last night.

TMoore4075 04-04-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17054248)
Was catching up on shows and then check on Wings and up 4-1 early in the 2nd. I don't get this team.

The team that ended the game, that team I get.

swordo84 04-04-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17054416)
Itís not that crazy. Nearly identical total points and the gap between Hall and the next highest scorer on the team is bigger than any other team, at something like 42 points. Heís dragging the team along with him.

Totally unrelated but I canít wait till the Oilers get a high scoring winger for McDavid.

Hahahaha :thumbsup

Quote:

Originally Posted by @bruce_arthur
If Taylor Hall drags the Devils into the playoffs and wins the Hart and Edmonton misses out while McDavid leads the league in scoring, that's juuuuust about peak Oilers

TMoore4075 04-04-2018 10:16 AM

I hope the Devils make it just for him. I mean he gets traded and the Oilers make the playoffs and his team sucked. It would be nice for him to get in, even if they get swept by the Caps. Tampa or Boston.

~Crashintome89~ 04-04-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17054501)
Oh yeah Jenna told me about that last night.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/DowKEtWnLZcru/giphy.gif

kev87lads 04-04-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17054493)

Can't be your future wife if she already promised herself to me when we met in 2013.

bradshaw06 04-04-2018 11:02 AM

I forgot how annoying carrie underwood was

Lcsulla 04-04-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17054469)
Anyone who thinks there is a team to beat in either league is fooling themselves. Entire NHL playoffs is wide open. And Iím not saying that because itís the NHL and anything can happen, saying that because there really is no dominant team

Agreed, it is wide open this season, I may not be sure who I am cheering for but I know who I will be cheering against but all bets are off this year.

Quote:

Would really be a benefit to CO if the Hawks could play spoiler and beat the Blues tonight and Friday - would love to pay them back for beating the Hawks ii=n in that 7 game first round series 2 years ago.

Lcsulla 04-04-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17054499)
:thumbsup yeah man I want the Avs in it.

Dittto!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17054574)
I hope the Devils make it just for him. I mean he gets traded and the Oilers make the playoffs and his team sucked. It would be nice for him to get in, even if they get swept by the Caps. Tampa or Boston.

I really cannot stand the Devils so I hope they lose out and miss the playoffs.

aeroshady 04-04-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17054619)
I forgot how annoying carrie underwood was

:lol

I love her and I really like the Preds. Nashville is too awesome of a city.

That said, I want Florida to make the playoffs (even though they are probably done). So I was happy haha