Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 05-26-2017 01:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16799823)
Wow. I'm a new fan of the Ottawa coach. Thought he absolutely crushed his presser. Very well done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16799824)
I will say that Boucher's pressers have been fairly excellent.

Agree, completely!

TheLastPig 05-26-2017 02:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
What an amazing hockey game.

Hats off to Ottawa, Pens just kind of outlasted them. I thinking boucher is a really good coach.


Gonna be a fun finals series.

JRS1386 05-26-2017 07:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
The officiating better be better overall for the finals

barbogast 05-26-2017 07:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Fuck hockey. That is all.

barbogast 05-26-2017 07:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
A lot of fans go by the idea that if they're gonna lose in the playoffs, they'd rather it be to the eventual Cup winners.

I do not follow that logic. Fuck the Penguins. Fuck them so hard. Fucking spoiled ass shitstick of a franchise. Fuck the Pittsburgh Penguins. I will never find moral victories in a Penguins win. Absolute fucking horseshit the Caps laid an egg against these assholes again.

Fuck.

JRS1386 05-26-2017 08:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Well said. Preds in three

bradshaw06 05-26-2017 08:21 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Second year in a row after game 7 win i go and wake up my wife to tell her. Second year in a row we have an entire conversation about. Second year in a row she wakes up next morning and has no rememberance of a conversation :lol

barbogast 05-26-2017 08:24 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Second year in a row me and my wife discussed how gross the Penguins are. Fun.

cry_minarets458 05-26-2017 09:07 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16799863)
Well said. Preds in three



Read this and just spit out my breakfast in laughter

aeroshady 05-26-2017 09:16 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
:lol :lol Barbs is killing it in this thread right now.

Congrats Pens fans. If you guys win the Cup I get to brag about how dumb you all are when I told you the Pens would repeat after seeing them play one playoff game this year.

That said, Go Preds!!

jrkarger 05-26-2017 09:24 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16799800)
My heart breaks for Anderson. Was only pulling for Senators because of him. And because also, fuck the Pens.

At least Matt gets to go to a Stanley Cup final game though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16799859)
Fuck hockey. That is all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16799862)
A lot of fans go by the idea that if they're gonna lose in the playoffs, they'd rather it be to the eventual Cup winners.

I do not follow that logic. Fuck the Penguins. Fuck them so hard. Fucking spoiled ass shitstick of a franchise. Fuck the Pittsburgh Penguins. I will never find moral victories in a Penguins win. Absolute fucking horseshit the Caps laid an egg against these assholes again.

Fuck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16799863)
Well said. Preds in three

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16799867)
Second year in a row me and my wife discussed how gross the Penguins are. Fun.

Wow, saltier than the dead sea in here. :D

barbogast 05-26-2017 09:44 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Salty as fuck bro. Fuck your team.

I mean honestly, is ANYONE outside of western PA happy about the result last night? Everyone's tired of your boring ass vanilla hockey team.

barbogast 05-26-2017 09:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
The Penguins have officially pulled ahead of the Blackhawks for most vanilla hockey team. Boring and typical as fuck.

Roose13 05-26-2017 09:52 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I agree with all the barbs posts. Fuck those vanilla flightless bird assholes.

jrkarger 05-26-2017 09:55 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16799898)
Salty as fuck bro. Fuck your team.

I mean honestly, is ANYONE outside of western PA happy about the result last night? Everyone's tired of your boring ass vanilla hockey team.

I mean I'm sure at minimum the NHL and NBC are happy to have the best player in the world and a hockey market that is capable of filling its arena in the cup finals as compared to two teams that NOBODY cares about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16799899)
The Penguins have officially pulled ahead of the Blackhawks for most vanilla hockey team. Boring and typical as fuck.

I honestly don't know how you can say the Pens are boring after watching the last two series of this post season. Blame OTT's stupid trap but the Pens are anything but boring.

bradshaw06 05-26-2017 09:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Dont really care who is happy about it. And vanilla? :lol. Barbs has cracked. Its just a game man, take it easy.

barbogast 05-26-2017 09:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16799906)
I mean I'm sure at minimum the NHL and NBC are happy to have the best player in the world and a hockey market that is capable of filling its arena in the cup finals as compared to two teams that NOBODY cares about.



I honestly don't know how you can say the Pens are boring after watching the last two series of this post season. Blame OTT's stupid trap but the Pens are anything but boring.

Ok, anyone outside of Western PA and those at NBC. Everyone else is bored as fuck of your team.

What I mean by boring isn't the brand of hockey. I mean it's typical and it sucks that the fucking Penguins are gonna win the Cup again.

I'm just sour. I'm frustrated with my team and jealous as fuck of yours.

Fucking sucks the spoiled ass fucking Penguins get to play for the Cup again. Fuck that.

barbogast 05-26-2017 10:00 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Crosby is the most vanilla superstar of all time

barbogast 05-26-2017 10:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Also FWIW I fully own this melt I am experiencing right now. I checked the score last night and there were like 3 minutes left in OT1 and I really really hoped that when I woke up it would be good news. It wasn't, and I have melted away.

Dramageek 05-26-2017 10:24 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16799862)
A lot of fans go by the idea that if they're gonna lose in the playoffs, they'd rather it be to the eventual Cup winners.

I do not follow that logic. Fuck the Penguins. Fuck them so hard. Fucking spoiled ass shitstick of a franchise. Fuck the Pittsburgh Penguins. I will never find moral victories in a Penguins win. Absolute fucking horseshit the Caps laid an egg against these assholes again.

Fuck.

Barbs, your (understandably) salty tears will always taste sweet to me. Caps will find a way eventually, right?

Dramageek 05-26-2017 10:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16799912)
Crosby is the most vanilla superstar of all time

So's Tom Brady but he keeps getting it done, too.

barbogast 05-26-2017 10:36 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16799935)
Barbs, your (understandably) salty tears will always taste sweet to me. Caps will find a way eventually, right?

Probably not. I think I'm going to start joining my dad who at this point won't watch a Caps playoff game until round 3. Been that way since the 2013 Rangers series ended. Smart man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16799937)
So's Tom Brady but he keeps getting it done, too.

Yep, and no one outside of NE likes the Patriots either.

jrkarger 05-26-2017 10:36 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I want to take a minute to point out that I was embarrassed at the stupid ass yinzers throwing shit on the ice last night. Dipshits.

Also, did anyone else see on TV the jackass yinzer in the front row near the penalty box last night (would have been on the lower right of your screen)? This fine specimen of yinzer-hood blew the coin on a customized white Pens jersey.

The number you ask? 69

The nameplate you ask? "RAWDOG"

He kept holding up a giant inflatable Stanley cup every time someone skated passed him.

Grade A Yinzer DOUCHE.

~Crashintome89~ 05-26-2017 10:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
:lol @ idea the Penns are "vanilla" or "boring."

Crosby's off-ice personality is vanilla. I get that. Dude needs to loosen up a bit. But anything that he does on the ice, including whining, is anything but vanilla.

barbogast 05-26-2017 10:46 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I guess I wasn't clear when I said I didn't mean the brand of hockey.

Vanilla as in predictable, typical, etc.

I know they are good. Trust me, I've watched them.

But the result is about as vanilla as it gets.

TheLastPig 05-26-2017 10:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16799950)
I want to take a minute to point out that I was embarrassed at the stupid ass yinzers throwing shit on the ice last night. Dipshits.

Also, did anyone else see on TV the jackass yinzer in the front row near the penalty box last night (would have been on the lower right of your screen)? This fine specimen of yinzer-hood blew the coin on a customized white Pens jersey.

The number you ask? 69

The nameplate you ask? "RAWDOG"

He kept holding up a giant inflatable Stanley cup every time someone skated passed him.

Grade A Yinzer DOUCHE.


Yeah that was bad. As was the throwing shit on the ice but it was clear they only showed the overhead replay in the arena which is dumb.


Here's a GREAT custom jersey from last night
https://twitter.com/mikesullivanhc/s...93690194436096

TheLastPig 05-26-2017 10:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I mean its not extremely predictable that the Pens would win. Its not like this has been happening for years. They struggled mightly in the playoffs until last year.

And this sets up for a way more interesting final than Sens/Preds. At least people will hate-watch the Pens... just like the Patriots.

They represent the new wave of hockey the way it should be played. Sens represented the old, slog, bully style. Was truly a battle of old vs new in that series. Sens deserve so much credit, they tortured the Pens for 6.5 of the 7.5 games they played.

jrkarger 05-26-2017 10:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16799973)
they tortured the Pens for 6.5 of the 7.5 games they played.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I thought the Pens owned the game play since game 4 and it was only because of Anderson's outstanding play that kept the Sens in it.

If you can truly steal a game, he stole Game 6.

TheLastPig 05-26-2017 11:01 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16799983)
I'm not sure I agree with this. I thought the Pens owned the game play since game 4 and it was only because of Anderson's outstanding play that kept the Sens in it.

If you can truly steal a game, he stole Game 6.

Yeah I didnt mean it in a sense as the Sens dominated play. But the Sens were so good in front of their own net the Pens couldnt bang away rebounds, and for the most part Andersen was so good on all other shots it just made life tough for them. But they persevered because they were outplaying the Sens in most games

jrkarger 05-26-2017 11:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16799968)
I guess I wasn't clear when I said I didn't mean the brand of hockey.

Vanilla as in predictable, typical, etc.

I know they are good. Trust me, I've watched them.

But the result is about as vanilla as it gets.

I suppose I get what your saying. Is it the lack of different teams in the finals/winning it?

2008: Wings (over Pens)
2009: Pens (over Wings)
2010: Hawks
2011: Bruins
2012: Kings
2013: Hawks (over the Bruins)
2014: Kings
2015: Hawks
2016: Pens
2017: Pens vs Preds

That I can understand. I'm biased so I'm not upset ;)

But, the same thing has been happening in the NFL too. The same 5 teams have been in the super bowl for the AFC for the last 20 years.

With that said if you would ask me whether or not I wanted to watch the Pats or the effing Jaguars or Bills in the super bowl?

Pats every time because I want to watch good football.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.