Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

hailtopitt 07-27-2016 02:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16535170)
You figured me out! :lol

:thumbsup

:lol i'm just messin', bud

i just take those statements with a mountain of salt. it's just the right thing to say for any high profile player

like i said, he very well may be a life-long Islander, but the statement itself really means nothing

lockman21 07-27-2016 05:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16535149)
Whoa. Cynical today.;) It’s perfectly reasonable to believe JT has every intention of staying with NYI. He could very well be in the New York state of mind (c wut I did there) that he’s not going anywhere.

Does that mean he might make a different decision years down the road? Of course not. Teams change, players’ situations change, the league changes. But that’s not to say that in the here and now he doesn’t believe that he wants to be an Islander for life.

Because of this ^ it's probably best to, like you guys said, not put TOO much stock into statements like these. But I don't think every similar statement needs to be reduced to or viewed simply as PR rhetoric. It could very well be an honest statement about a players state of mind at that time. And that's fine.

Totally agree, I just feel like I've read the same statement 10,000 times from every superstar on every team in every league. It just screams as another one of those coached responses that every guy has been told to say. One of my biggest pain points with modern sports is that today's media, social media, etc. have all created a culture where having a personality and opinion backfire all the time, and the best option is to become robotic.

"Make sure you say we need to get pucks to the net, you love it here, throw in how hard your other teammates are working, and everything is sunshine and rainbows."

fonzz41 07-27-2016 05:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16535544)
Totally agree, I just feel like I've read the same statement 10,000 times from every superstar on every team in every league. It just screams as another one of those coached responses that every guy has been told to say. One of my biggest pain points with modern sports is that today's media, social media, etc. have all created a culture where having a personality and opinion backfire all the time, and the best option is to become robotic.

"Make sure you say we need to get pucks to the net, you love it here, throw in how hard your other teammates are working, and everything is sunshine and rainbows."

:lol To your point, it's like how back in the day the media would call Joe Sakic "Quoteless Joe" because he would never say anything beyond the cookie cutter statements that would keep him (and the team) out of trouble.

EDIT: It's one of the many things Toews also does that reminds me of Joe. :lol

~Crashintome89~ 07-27-2016 05:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
If anyone is a West Wing fan you'll enjoy this--

I just did West Wing trivia with Toby and Carol. Charlie, Josh, Will Bailey, and C.J. called in as well.

fonzz41 07-27-2016 06:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16535658)
If anyone is a West Wing fan you'll enjoy this--

I just did West Wing trivia with Toby and Carol. Charlie, Josh, Will Bailey, and C.J. called in as well.

The only question I have is if they know Jamie Benn is a center. If not, they're freaking idiots and can eff off.

kev87lads 07-28-2016 12:56 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16535717)
The only question I have is if they know Jamie Benn is a center. If not, they're freaking idiots and can eff off.

So much this.

dmbetc 07-28-2016 12:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16535658)
If anyone is a West Wing fan you'll enjoy this--

I just did West Wing trivia with Toby and Carol. Charlie, Josh, Will Bailey, and C.J. called in as well.

Saw your pic on FB. I just finished up the series a few weeks ago. So cool!

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 01:30 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I know I haven't stopped in here in awhile.

But heres some glorious Phil footage. Turn on your volume.

https://twitter.com/MTNEER4LIFE/stat...67036481253377

dmbetc 07-28-2016 02:28 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16536545)
I know I haven't stopped in here in awhile.

But heres some glorious Phil footage. Turn on your volume.

https://twitter.com/MTNEER4LIFE/stat...67036481253377

:lol:lol:lol

barbogast 07-28-2016 12:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16536545)
I know I haven't stopped in here in awhile.

But heres some glorious Phil footage. Turn on your volume.

https://twitter.com/MTNEER4LIFE/stat...67036481253377

Excellent :thumbsup

The legend of The Phil has really softened the blow of the Penns winning the Cup

~Crashintome89~ 07-28-2016 12:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16535717)
The only question I have is if they know Jamie Benn is a center. If not, they're freaking idiots and can eff off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16536511)
So much this.

You people are the worst.

fonzz41 07-28-2016 01:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16536545)
I know I haven't stopped in here in awhile.

But heres some glorious Phil footage. Turn on your volume.

https://twitter.com/MTNEER4LIFE/stat...67036481253377

Tears are running down my face. :lol

dmbetc 07-28-2016 02:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Does anyone want an Xbox One NHL 17 beta code? I have two.

* assuming these only work for xbox one, not PS4.

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 02:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16537278)
Does anyone want an Xbox One NHL 17 beta code? I have two.

* assuming these only work for xbox one, not PS4.

Yes!!! I would love one!

dmbetc 07-28-2016 02:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16537291)
Yes!!! I would love one!

Ugh, anyone but you.

~Crashintome89~ 07-28-2016 02:56 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I think I'm going to make the switch to next gen. Xbox one or ps4?

dmbetc 07-28-2016 03:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16537302)
I think I'm going to make the switch to next gen. Xbox one or ps4?

I have both and I prefer the xbox. Honestly, both are good. Probably just depends on which more of your friends have (if you play online) and if there are any exclusive you really care about.

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 03:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16537302)
I think I'm going to make the switch to next gen. Xbox one or ps4?

I personally like Xbox controllers better thats why I stuck with XB1. They arent all that much different unless youre a nerd for tiny differences in graphics.

XB1 is more user friendly and the kinect is really great.

dmbetc 07-28-2016 03:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16537321)
I personally like Xbox controllers better thats why I stuck with XB1. They arent all that much different unless youre a nerd for tiny differences in graphics.

XB1 is more user friendly and the kinect is really great.

True about the controller. And everything else, really.

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 03:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16537324)
True about the controller. And everything else, really.

Only thing that pisses me off abotu the XB1 controller is how cheaply they seem to have made these intentionally.

I have multiple friends who have had their controllers break because they squeeze them hard while playing.

I dont squeeze mine as hard but I definitely feel a looseness and some give to the original one it came with now.

I am putting a custom controller on my christmas/birthday list for my fiancee to get me. those are awesome :lol

TMoore4075 07-28-2016 03:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
My son (who is all of 5) saw some of the PS and XBox stuff at Costco once when I was there with my mom. He was basically trying to get my mom to buy a system. I need to use that, since I have a PS2. "Griffin really wants one mom."

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 03:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Also, no matter what system you buy, download Rocket League.

rickyh24 07-28-2016 03:14 PM

The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16537330)
Only thing that pisses me off abotu the XB1 controller is how cheaply they seem to have made these intentionally.

I have multiple friends who have had their controllers break because they squeeze them hard while playing.

I dont squeeze mine as hard but I definitely feel a looseness and some give to the original one it came with now.

I am putting a custom controller on my christmas/birthday list for my fiancee to get me. those are awesome :lol



The originals (day one) are shit compared to the newer ones. Even though they really are still a good controller. They fixed all the issues. I designed one with design labs and ordered it a few weeks ago. Sucks I have to wait until September for it.

dmbetc 07-28-2016 03:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16537330)
Only thing that pisses me off abotu the XB1 controller is how cheaply they seem to have made these intentionally.

I have multiple friends who have had their controllers break because they squeeze them hard while playing.

I dont squeeze mine as hard but I definitely feel a looseness and some give to the original one it came with now.

I am putting a custom controller on my christmas/birthday list for my fiancee to get me. those are awesome :lol

I've never broken one but I don't squeeze hard (giggity)

I ordered a custom pink one! It better be top notch quality for the price.

rickyh24 07-28-2016 03:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Squeezing a controller so hard you break it is ridiculous :lol

dmbetc 07-28-2016 03:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16537336)
My son (who is all of 5) saw some of the PS and XBox stuff at Costco once when I was there with my mom. He was basically trying to get my mom to buy a system. I need to use that, since I have a PS2. "Griffin really wants one mom."

Yes, using the kid to get a new system should be utilized asap.

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 03:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16537342)
The originals (day one) are shit compared to the newer ones. Even though they really are still a good controller. They fixed all the issues. I designed one with design labs and ordered it a few weeks ago. Sucks I have to wait until September for it.

I didnt know that. Thats good to hear.

My second one I bought hasnt had any issues.

TMoore4075 07-28-2016 03:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I've never use an XBox one but how fucking serious are they taking their gaming? I've gotten pissed at games before but can't say I've broken a controller.

rickyh24 07-28-2016 03:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16537343)
I've never broken one but I don't squeeze hard (giggity)



I ordered a custom pink one! It better be top notch quality for the price.



http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...555fe4acb8.png

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 03:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16537345)
Squeezing a controller so hard you break it is ridiculous :lol

Not squeezing til it cracks, but playing it enough to where it kind of squeaks now when you grip it tight and something gets loose inside. Like the two panels on my friends basically separated and now the trigger buttons dont fire right all the time.

He is a crazy intense gamer though. You shouldve seen his towns he built in fallout


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.