Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What does it mean? (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=358598)

Springraces 08-05-2022 09:21 PM

What does it mean?

I like Grateful Dead more than DMB these days? I’ve liked DMB for 20 years and something just clicked recently, I’m
Sick of them. And I’d rather listen to Grateful Dead and artificially inseminate someone who would have a child that also likes Grateful Dead when they are of listening age.

This was a dream I had.

I still like DMB in non dream world. But it’s pretty wild that this happened.

Also, Snoop Dogg shot me in the head in another unrelated dream. It was unpleasant. I thought I died. It all
Went dark and then I woke up. Still
Wondering about that one.

hopewelljones 08-06-2022 03:42 AM

Re: What does it mean?

Winters coal
Spring races

lc_2000 08-06-2022 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Springraces (Post 18244844)
I like Grateful Dead more than DMB these days? I’ve liked DMB for 20 years and something just clicked recently, I’m
Sick of them. And I’d rather listen to Grateful Dead and artificially inseminate someone who would have a child that also likes Grateful Dead when they are of listening age.

This was a dream I had.

Also, Snoop Dogg shot me in the head in another unrelated dream. It was unpleasant. I thought I died. It all

This feels like it should be in the new album thread. people can then speculate that “A Dream So Real” is on the album and then randomly list out other unreleased songs from the past 15 years.

YankeesDMB41 08-06-2022 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Springraces (Post 18244844)

This was a dream I had.

I almost spat out my coffee

alec 08-06-2022 10:19 AM

Was melatonin involved?

Springraces 08-06-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alec (Post 18244982)
Was melatonin involved?

In the dream or artificial insemination?

jw209 08-08-2022 02:09 PM

I love music. All types of music. And I love a lot of bands that sound like the Grateful Dead (The Band, for example). But I absolutely cannot get into the Grateful Dead. I think they were immensely talented, and I find the culture and following they developed to be endlessly fascinating. But I can't hear what other people hear when they find them so captivating.

Cryfreedom09 08-08-2022 02:32 PM

Every time I’ve ever been to a concert in my dreams it has been absolutely horrible :lol

Springraces 08-08-2022 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw209 (Post 18245716)
I love music. All types of music. And I love a lot of bands that sound like the Grateful Dead (The Band, for example). But I absolutely cannot get into the Grateful Dead. I think they were immensely talented, and I find the culture and following they developed to be endlessly fascinating. But I can't hear what other people hear when they find them so captivating.

I felt this way for a long time. I didn't get "it" outside of the studio hits, like Friend of the Devil, Uncle Johns Band, Touch of Grey etc.

Have you listened to any live Grateful Dead and may I recommend a couple to try? These are all available on streaming platforms.

Skull and Roses
Cornell 1977
Europe 1972
Reckoning

To me, those are very entry level Grateful Dead shows. Try one on, see if it fits. If it doesn't I believe this music finds you if you need it. Seriously. It was like a revelation when I got it. I'd tried a handful of times and it just wasn't working. Something clicked on in 2017. I just become obsessed with it. Similar to when I first got into DMB, but the treasure trove of Grateful Dead is more immense.

Don't force it though. Don't take my word for it. If you enjoy it awesome. If you don't cool too.

RSSR 08-08-2022 03:17 PM

It's funny you say this, I was just listening to a ton of Grateful Dead shows at work on YouTube. I must have gone through 5-6 shows from different time periods of the band's years. Nothing has jumped out to me in terms of wanting to listen to this band over my current love, DMB.

TwoStep2888 08-08-2022 03:20 PM

ants attracts some weird folks these days

Springraces 08-08-2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSR (Post 18245754)
It's funny you say this, I was just listening to a ton of Grateful Dead shows at work on YouTube. I must have gone through 5-6 shows from different time periods of the band's years. Nothing has jumped out to me in terms of wanting to listen to this band over my current love, DMB.

No big deal amigo! You don't have to like them. They're not for everyone.

Springraces 08-08-2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 18245755)
ants attracts some weird folks these days

I know what you mean right?!

Dannyyankou 08-08-2022 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopewelljones (Post 18244865)
Winters coal
Spring races

It's "winter's cold, spring erases"

Springraces 08-08-2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 18245762)

I wasn't referencing the lyrics. I just think spring time goes fast ya know.

hopewelljones 08-08-2022 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 18245762)

I know :lol

Springraces 08-08-2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopewelljones (Post 18245936)
I know :lol

What do you know jonesy? I think you’re an incredible human bean.

hopewelljones 08-09-2022 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Springraces (Post 18245993)
What do you know jonesy? I think you’re an incredible human bean.

wanna get outta here?

Springraces 08-09-2022 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopewelljones (Post 18246170)
wanna get outta here?

Well I kinda like it here.