Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

JRS1386 04-20-2014 01:19 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
There was a whistle, no?

Edit: yes there was

JRS1386 04-20-2014 01:21 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Holy fuck was that beautiful

barbogast 04-20-2014 01:24 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Good lord Paul Stastny I thought for a second that was gonna be a disaster

AlpineValley804 04-20-2014 01:25 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I laughed out loud when he missed that first attempt.

barbogast 04-20-2014 01:27 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Solid win for the Avs. Slight scare at the end but they were great. Kuemper and being at home might spark Minny a little, but I dunno if they can solve that top line AND Varly

fonzz41 04-20-2014 01:31 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15269863)
There was a whistle, no?

Edit: yes there was

Not offsides. That should have been a goal.
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15269875)
Good lord Paul Stastny I thought for a second that was gonna be a disaster

:lol kudos to Mac for giving it back to him for that final goal

dmbetc 04-20-2014 01:34 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Definitely wasn't offsides. The officiating was horrible at the last few minutes. But, Avs got the deserved win. Very exciting team to watch.

lockman21 04-20-2014 01:34 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15269497)
Bollig skated 3:33 in this game. Someone want to keep defending him?

Like 2 minutes of it was in the first period too. My thoughts I guess for game 3 -

Morin - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Kruger - Hossa
Saad - Shaw - Versteeg
Bickell - Handzus - Smith

Double shift Kane when needed and rotate Smith to center the 4th line with Kane at RW doubleshifting.

JRS1386 04-20-2014 01:35 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlpi100 (Post 15265716)
cant wait to hate Barret Jackman for an entire series

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15265756)
I'm going to love him. He has lost a step or two, steps he never really had.

:lol nice posts

JRS1386 04-20-2014 01:37 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15269892)
Not offsides. That should have been a goal.

:lol kudos to Mac for giving it back to him for that final goal

Glad it was called, because then we got to see the sexy pass by Koivu and it didn't change the ending

lockman21 04-20-2014 01:39 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://i.imgur.com/TtGwi3Q.gif

Just wait until their puck possession stats and Corsi numbers catch up with them Matty.

JRS1386 04-20-2014 01:40 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
That play is worth atleast 5 corsi points, right?

fonzz41 04-20-2014 01:54 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15269383)
Here's my thoughts on it, trying to stay as neutral as possible:

1) Backes was trying to play the puck, and his body position changed completely when the puck got caught in the boards.

2) Seabrook's body position didn't change in a way that showed he was intending to target the head.

3) The head was the principle point of contact, which is exactly what the league is trying to get rid of.

4) Seabs is generally an incredibly clean player. Never come even close to a suspension before. Never really see him even in scrums or anything.

I think he gets 1 game. I don't think it was nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be, but it was clearly a bad hit that deserved the call on the ice and potentially a suspension. 1 playoff game seems to be in line with like a 4-5 game regular season suspension in the past. I think he misses game 3.

Hawks won game 4 without Keith last year against the Kings, so it's not like it's impossible, but it's a huge loss for the Hawks if he gets suspended.

:thumbsup The biggest problem I saw was the focus on the head. There's a very different result if he lowers his shoulder a bit more.

And what was with 19! chirping him after? I didn't see the play in real time so I really don't know. I was lol-ing pretty good.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 15269524)
Not NHL related, but I just got out of my beer league game and took a slapshot to the throat. Scariest moment I've ever had playing lol

Glad to hear you're ok, my friend.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15269850)
Marty you forgot an award.

The Alexander Ovechkin, hockey is a one way game, right? Award is rewarded to the poster who always goes on the offensive for their team and sings their praise in the face of all criticism and reason, but is nowhere to be found when it's time to defend them from reasonable criticism. This award goes to Brohan. He may not frequent here as much as he once did, but it would feel wrong to not award him the inaugural Ovie

Seconded.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15269901)
Glad it was called, because then we got to see the sexy pass by Koivu and it didn't change the ending

I will admit, I obtained a shveddy of raging proportions after that play, regardless of it being against my team. Sick, sick sauce by Koivu.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15269906)
http://i.imgur.com/TtGwi3Q.gif

Just wait until their puck possession stats and Corsi numbers catch up with them Matty.

:lol Spot on, my friend. I bet it will keep Roy up tonight worrying about it.

Alright guys, going to masturbate to the .gif Chris just posted for me. Catch you later. :hug

fonzz41 04-20-2014 01:57 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15269894)
Definitely wasn't offsides. The officiating was horrible at the last few minutes. But, Avs got the deserved win. Very exciting team to watch.

:thumbsup I just wanted to see Parenteau get that after getting his face sliced open and not missing a shift. Close call on that, eh? So close to his eye.

He's had a tough time coming back from his injury. When he's on, he's first line talent. When he's off, he's absolutely invisible. Tries on defense, but still has trouble. Wouldn't be surprised to see his playing time diminish this next game. Which is too bad, cuz I like the guy.

lockman21 04-20-2014 02:11 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15269940)
:thumbsup The biggest problem I saw was the focus on the head. There's a very different result if he lowers his shoulder a bit more.

And what was with 19! chirping him after? I didn't see the play in real time so I really don't know. I was lol-ing pretty good.

19! 19! 19! was apparently playing cop. He was trying to calm everyone down and apparently was trying to get Backes to focus/calm down. I guess Backes got up wanting to kill Keith, and Toes tried to deescalate the situation.

fonzz41 04-20-2014 02:19 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15269977)
19! 19! 19! was apparently playing cop. He was trying to calm everyone down and apparently was trying to get Backes to focus/calm down. I guess Backes got up wanting to kill Keith, and Toes tried to deescalate the situation.

Cool, makes sense. Thanks.

You could tell Backes was only halfway there at that point.

dmbetc 04-20-2014 02:40 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15269998)
Cool, makes sense. Thanks.

You could tell Backes was only halfway there at that point.

Yeah that was really scary, he got up and had no idea what was going on just that he wanted to murder someone. Even if he couldn't stand. Hope he is okay.

TMoore4075 04-20-2014 09:21 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Congrats Jackets. I guess the way to win in this series is go down 3-1 first.

JRS1386 04-20-2014 09:33 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
ESPN is fucking awful. Their little scroll on the side said "high hit a game changer" and it was in reference to Blues game, but do you think they mentioned or shown the hit by Seabs? Nope. They showed two highlights from the game. The game tying and game winning goals. Also the segue into the segment was awkward and crappy.

JRS1386 04-20-2014 09:42 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Anyone else think Steve Mason looks like a chubbier faced Mark Taylor

http://www.hiarchive.co.uk/index.php...ails&name=mark

aclark0622 04-20-2014 11:40 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15269850)
Marty you forgot an award.

The Alexander Ovechkin, hockey is a one way game, right? Award is rewarded to the poster who always goes on the offensive for their team and sings their praise in the face of all criticism and reason, but is nowhere to be found when it's time to defend them from reasonable criticism. This award goes to Brohan. He may not frequent here as much as he once did, but it would feel wrong to not award him the inaugural Ovie

Brohan wins the 5th Annual 2009 NHL Presidents' Trophy.

bradshaw06 04-20-2014 12:28 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
3 more losses and the pens can get rid of that bozo bylsma. Trade letang too.

JRS1386 04-20-2014 01:36 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Dumb penalty likes to a goal. Sounds familiar

dmbmuskie 04-20-2014 01:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Pens are so bad.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-20-2014 01:52 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
still can't believe that game last night. i've watched calvert's goal 30 times.

tomorrow night is going to be crazy.

dmbmuskie 04-20-2014 01:54 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Bylsma's stupidity seriously makes me hate hockey.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-20-2014 01:56 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
flyers take another dumb penalty.

when is mason going to play?

JRS1386 04-20-2014 02:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Jackets first team to start a playoff series with three straight road games

JRS1386 04-20-2014 02:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15270307)
flyers take another dumb penalty.

when is mason going to play?

Probably has a concussion. Believe he skated this morning and felt better. Hopefully he's good for Tuesday

Rebecca De Mornay 04-20-2014 02:28 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
who the hell is Akeson?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.