Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

JRS1386 05-24-2017 04:16 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797527)
Whine? Here we go...

He complains/bitches/whines all elite athletes in all of the sports do it. And I'm with Matty. Some bullshit on that play, but I'm not going to lose sleep over the no calls on it

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 04:38 AM

https://twitter.com/bradytrett/statu...12188942974976

"Playoff hockey"

aeroshady 05-24-2017 05:15 AM

Didn't totally back read, but the Pens were probably good enough to win last night. I fully expect them to win game 7.

Preds must be enjoying watching the ECF on tv.

TMoore4075 05-24-2017 05:22 AM

Regardless of who wins game 7, this is benefiting the Preds a lot. They can rest up. I still hope Sens for my wanting a new team to win it and with both of those teams you get it either way.

cry_minarets458 05-24-2017 05:22 AM

I'm not lacking confidence in their ability to win; I'm lacking confidence in things falling their way. As last night showed, 1-2 things favoring the opposition (goal called back, questionable penalties called, blatant penalties not called) can result in a loss...but I suppose that's hockey

jrkarger 05-24-2017 05:38 AM

Guys... the NHL has announced the officiating crew for Game 7

http://blogs.library.unt.edu/unt125/...015/06/NC3.jpg

TMoore4075 05-24-2017 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16797600)
I'm not lacking confidence in their ability to win; I'm lacking confidence in things falling their way. As last night showed, 1-2 things favoring the opposition (goal called back, questionable penalties called, blatant penalties not called) can result in a loss...but I suppose that's hockey

Not that I want those things to happen and you want things called the right way but yeah it does happen. Not saying they shouldn't try to fix it but Pens have benefited from those types of things before and gotten hurt by it and the same goes for every other team. Pens against my Wings, too many men for a long time late in the first period of game 3 in 2009. Wings were up 2-1 and that would have put them on the PP, instead not called, Wings get a penalty and Pens tie it before intermission. Wings had plenty of chances to still win the series so I'm not but I'm guessing Pens fans don't want to go back and have it called right. And if last night's game was the other way around with Sens up 3-2 and Pens got the benefit of bad calls or non-calls, Pens fans wouldn't feel nearly as bad. Gotta keep things in perspective.

~Crashintome89~ 05-24-2017 05:58 AM

pens fans rattled when they start questioning the officiating even before the series is over.

God, you're just like the Ducks.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 06:07 AM

The Pens question NHL officials.

The Flyers question PGA officals.

Par for the course.

GET IT?!?!?!

jrkarger 05-24-2017 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16797611)
Not that I want those things to happen and you want things called the right way but yeah it does happen. Not saying they shouldn't try to fix it but Pens have benefited from those types of things before and gotten hurt by it and the same goes for every other team. Pens against my Wings, too many men for a long time late in the first period of game 3 in 2009. Wings were up 2-1 and that would have put them on the PP, instead not called, Wings get a penalty and Pens tie it before intermission. Wings had plenty of chances to still win the series so I'm not but I'm guessing Pens fans don't want to go back and have it called right. And if last night's game was the other way around with Sens up 3-2 and Pens got the benefit of bad calls or non-calls, Pens fans wouldn't feel nearly as bad. Gotta keep things in perspective.

... not to rub it in :p, but was that Stahl's shorty or was that Game 4? Turned the series around.

One of my top Pens moments ever.

EDIT: For the record and all joking aside, as egregious as the no goal was IMO, the prison rules shit the refs have allowed to happen all playoffs is what I'm most upset about. Last night was just another example.

bradshaw06 05-24-2017 06:17 AM

If the pens can play like they did last night and game before, they can win. Still have a bad feeling though. At the end of the day if they go out, i'll still be very impressed with what they did this year.

~Crashintome89~ 05-24-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16797626)
The Pens question NHL officials.

The Flyers question PGA officals.

Par for the course.

GET IT?!?!?!

come on, Mark Madden, you forgot to add #1975.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 06:44 AM

:lol :thumbsup

TMoore4075 05-24-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16797633)
... not to rub it in :p, but was that Stahl's shorty or was that Game 4? Turned the series around.

One of my top Pens moments ever.

EDIT: For the record and all joking aside, as egregious as the no goal was IMO, the prison rules shit the refs have allowed to happen all playoffs is what I'm most upset about. Last night was just another example.

No that was game 4. Game 3 Pens played I dunno how long but a while with 6 guys out there and it wasn't called. Wings get a penalty not long after that and I think Letang tied it up. 2-1

The thing with the NHL is they can't seem to find a level ground. I mean 10-12 years ago it was, we're gonna call every tiny little thing and it's like well that's not always good either. I just don't know why they can't find it. I get that there will be games where you are like "wtf are they doing" but now it's way too often.

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 07:21 AM

I kind of think the Pens will come out and stomp them tomorrow unless Andersen stands on his head again.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16797699)
No that was game 4. Game 3 Pens played I dunno how long but a while with 6 guys out there and it wasn't called. Wings get a penalty not long after that and I think Letang tied it up. 2-1

The thing with the NHL is they can't seem to find a level ground. I mean 10-12 years ago it was, we're gonna call every tiny little thing and it's like well that's not always good either. I just don't know why they can't find it. I get that there will be games where you are like "wtf are they doing" but now it's way too often.

I agree with this to an extent, but how about a rule that simply says no more head shots?

We've talked about this before but I don't understand why the NHL can't get a handle on this.

Or consistently calling penalties? That doucher literally sat on Sid, but it was Hainsey that got called for the first of the 5 on 3 penalties last night. It's like the refs fly by the seat of their pants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797728)
I kind of think the Pens will come out and stomp them tomorrow unless Andersen stands on his head again.

This is what I keep telling myself. They suffocated the Sens last night and they Sens needed a 5 on 3 to get their first goal.

bradshaw06 05-24-2017 07:52 AM

I am getting flashbacks to Travis Moen in 2010.

fonzz41 05-24-2017 08:02 AM

It just hit me that we live in a world where Nashville is selling out NHL arenas but Ottawa isn't.

kev87lads 05-24-2017 08:15 AM

Real-time I thought the Daley goal was a good goal. Then after the first couple of replays I thought it was a good goal. It wasn't until the replay from behind Daley, looking at the goal straight on, that you can see where he pushes Anderson's right leg back into the net before he then swipes the puck in. I think letter of the law (especially with replay now), because of that slight push, that's where the refs called it back.

That said, I thought the goal should stand and I can see why Penns fans are melting about it.

Dramageek 05-24-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16797776)
It just hit me that we live in a world where Nashville is selling out NHL arenas but Ottawa isn't.

That is, in fact, the world we live in.

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16797792)
Real-time I thought the Daley goal was a good goal. Then after the first couple of replays I thought it was a good goal. It wasn't until the replay from behind Daley, looking at the goal straight on, that you can see where he pushes Anderson's right leg back into the net before he then swipes the puck in. I think letter of the law (especially with replay now), because of that slight push, that's where the refs called it back.

That said, I thought the goal should stand and I can see why Penns fans are melting about it.

there was very minor incidental contact with Daley's skate and Andersen's pad. But it did not impede Andersen in any way, and when it happened the puck was back behind Daley's leg.

I would like to hear a breakdown of what they actually saw as interference.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16797792)

This was my exact thought process during the game last night as well; which is why I'm not super bitter about it.

These pics though...

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...e-6-abuse-well

Yeah, #GarageLe... effing forget it. Siiiiiiigh.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16797776)

Is there a Kroger in Ottawa? That would probably help.

YouNeverKnow25 05-24-2017 08:28 AM

I mean, game 7 is not a sellout right now in pittsburgh...the face value on these tickets is expensive, and price integrity is something the teams want to protect...

having said that, the teams have to figure out a way to get those fans into the seats

jrkarger 05-24-2017 08:30 AM

Are there whole rows of seats available?

EDIT: I stand corrected. There are good chunks of seats available in certain sections. Lame.

kev87lads 05-24-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797799)
there was very minor incidental contact with Daley's skate and Andersen's pad. But it did not impede Andersen in any way, and when it happened the puck was back behind Daley's leg.

I would like to hear a breakdown of what they actually saw as interference.

Here's the best full gif I can find of it now:

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/LikableRepentantAztecant

But the last replay and I know it's not slow-mo like NBC had it last night. But even though Daley is getting the biz from Karlsson, when he's down and he pushes with his left glove into Anderson's pad, Anderson gets pushed even further into the net and as Daley puts the puck in, you can see Anderson extending his leg back out of the net again.

Again, it's a letter of the law reversal that the refs saw and not one that I think I would have reversed since it's a "hockey play".

YouNeverKnow25 05-24-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16797820)
Are there whole rows of seats available?

EDIT: I stand corrected. There are good chunks of seats available in certain sections. Lame.

damn...two seats on the glass next to the pens-shoot-twice faceoff circle were available but I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger before they were gone

cry_minarets458 05-24-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16797611)

we pretty much said the same things. dont worry

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 08:46 AM

Lots of reasonable tickets out there. They will drop even cheaper come tomorrow afternoon. Decent chance Ill go.

YouNeverKnow25 05-24-2017 08:51 AM

my problem is that we kinda (no jinxes meant) cleared a lot of our schedule/lined up child care for a potential game 2 next week