Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Roose13 12-02-2021 05:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
This shit with Evander Kane has reached fucking insane level.

donvito72 12-02-2021 06:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 18089235)
This shit with Evander Kane has reached fucking insane level.

What's the latest? I've been buried all day.

drakan 12-02-2021 08:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 18089166)
Hockey does not make sense in Houston.

2.5 million people.

Roose13 12-02-2021 09:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by donvito72 (Post 18089279)
What's the latest? I've been buried all day.

I know it's TMZ, but yea: https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/02/evand...enial-divorce/

unccrombie 12-03-2021 08:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 18089316)
2.5 million people.


Far less than a lot of the cities currently on the worst attendance list.

Lee3691 12-03-2021 09:09 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 18089456)
Far less than a lot of the cities currently on the worst attendance list.

Houston is the 4th biggest city in the county (Phoenix is 5th), and the 5th biggest metro area in the country (Phoenix is 11th)

unccrombie 12-03-2021 11:24 AM

The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee3691 (Post 18089457)
Houston is the 4th biggest city in the county (Phoenix is 5th), and the 5th biggest metro area in the country (Phoenix is 11th)


And I would argue hockey doesnít really work too well in the cities above it (Anaheim and Dallas) or below it (former team in ATL and currently Miami). Population doesnít dictate sport enthusiasm, just gives you a higher denominator for success or embarrassment.

aeroshady 12-03-2021 11:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 18089528)
And I would argue hockey doesnít really work too well in the cities above it (Anaheim and Dallas) or below it (former team in ATL and currently Miami). Population doesnít dictate sport enthusiasm, just gives you a higher denominator for success or embarrassment.

Atlanta definitely has the population to support hockey. Having lived there for a while, I was surprised with how many hockey arenas are around the area. There is even curling. Lots of hockey fans there. The issues with the Trashers organization was 100% bad ownership. Iím not arguing that Atlanta is a great hockey market, but they definitely got a raw deal. I honestly this hockey makes more sense there than it does in say Columbus.

I agree with the Hockey Guyís take though, Atlanta probably wonít get another chance since they lost 2 teams now.

jcc522 12-03-2021 01:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
My Canes just canít stop committing penalties late in the game. Ugh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unccrombie 12-03-2021 02:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18089590)
Atlanta definitely has the population to support hockey. Having lived there for a while, I was surprised with how many hockey arenas are around the area. There is even curling. Lots of hockey fans there. The issues with the Trashers organization was 100% bad ownership. Iím not arguing that Atlanta is a great hockey market, but they definitely got a raw deal. I honestly this hockey makes more sense there than it does in say Columbus.

I agree with the Hockey Guyís take though, Atlanta probably wonít get another chance since they lost 2 teams now.


Smaller market cities are a fascinating thing, across all sports.

Antiramie 12-03-2021 02:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 18089231)
The Flyers make more money every season than some of the Original 6 teams. Get fucked, Florida boy :p

This is Stockholm syndrome manifest :lol

drakan 12-03-2021 04:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 18089456)
Far less than a lot of the cities currently on the worst attendance list.

Can't hurt to try. I think any city that has a NBA franchise could probably support an NHL one. For the most part hockey in the sun has been a pretty good success all things considered. The only miss is Atlanta and maybe PHX. Maybe Dallas should get an expansion team.

aeroshady 12-04-2021 03:18 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Just got back from the Oilers vs Kraken game. I’m out in Seattle for a wedding this weekend. The arena is ugly from the outside but really nice on the inside. The Kraken jerseys are perfect for this team. Fans were loud and supportive, but also acted like new fans on a lot of the calls. Good time all around. Always fun to see McDavid play (and score) as well.

Also, it was weird/fun watching the Rangers game before the Kraken game. Rangers are having an unreal start to the year. I know the record will probably come back down to earth, but it has been really great to see them winning like this. Currently 5th in the league and now second in the division. Not bad for being into December already!

Antiramie 12-05-2021 08:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Lightning gonna get AV canned lol.

Roose13 12-05-2021 08:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Flyers have fucking died. And I'm going tomorrow. Thank God I'm not paying for the ticket :lol

jcc522 12-06-2021 11:10 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Glad the Canes were able to get back in the win column.

Roose13 12-06-2021 11:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 18090647)
Lightning gonna get AV canned lol.

Well, there it is.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...rsn_phi_twt_mn

Antiramie 12-06-2021 01:26 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 18090815)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/77/8a...20b58ec55a.gif

aeroshady 12-06-2021 01:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
AV’s career is so interesting. He gives you 1 season to get close and then can’t keep it going. At least the Canucks and Rangers made the finals, the Flyers got a raw deal there I guess. Not sure what the deal in Philly was, but his lines and player choices were becoming a major issue in NY before he was shown the door. Seems like a good guy to bring in for a team that wants to have 1 good run.

As far as the Rangers go, I’m obviously so happy with how they have done so far. They have totally exceeded expectations this year. I thought the Rangers were a fringe playoff team at best. They still might be and I fully expect them to cool off/other teams catch up, but I am enjoying the way they are playing and winning immensely right now. They look like a playoff team and that is great!

Antiramie 12-06-2021 02:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Gallant is a hell of a coach. Can’t complain about Cooper anymore after going b2b, but when we were near rock bottom after Columbus swept us, Gallant (and Trotz) were at the top of my “who could we replace Cooper with” list.

Roose13 12-06-2021 03:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Don't know if they're rumors, rumblings or expectations, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rick Tocchet is hired by the Flyers.

drakan 12-06-2021 04:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18090917)
but his lines and player choices were becoming a major issue in NY before he was shown the door.

Couldn't put together a line-up and played shitty players over skilled players.

Antiramie 12-06-2021 04:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 18090999)
Don't know if they're rumors, rumblings or expectations, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rick Tocchet is hired by the Flyers.

I can think of much worse options.

Roose13 12-06-2021 04:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Would be on brand for the Flyers to hire a former player.

Roose13 12-06-2021 05:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
K9 shitting on the Flyers logo is the epitome of this season: https://twitter.com/jamieapody/statu...089472007?s=21

jcc522 12-07-2021 11:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
3 minutes of empty and the Canes canít score. smh

Jesus. Itís empty. Shoot the puck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aeroshady 12-08-2021 12:29 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Rangers win 7 in a row, but obviously my thoughts are with Khaira after that hit. Scary to watch and I hope he is okay.

Lcsulla 12-08-2021 03:38 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18091978)
Rangers win 7 in a row, but obviously my thoughts are with Khaira after that hit. Scary to watch and I hope he is okay.

Yeah, Khaira took a tough hit smacking his head twice. He is in the hospital but coherent, talkative and itching to get back to the team so that seems like good news so far - that was the last update on his condition I heard. It is just classified as an upper body injury as I type this so hopefully he will be back and not have to end his career or something worse with the way the hit went down.

Antiramie 12-08-2021 04:00 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
That hit was absolutely fucking brutal and should be a suspension. I know Khaira had his head down, but primary contact to the head is gross.

Roose13 12-08-2021 09:10 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
He raised his elbow into that hit, too. That's an easy suspension.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.