Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 12-23-2020 05:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

If you want to learn how to play baseball you learn how to hit the ball and catch the ball. You don’t just automatically know how to do it properly because you can walk. :lol so you practice those aspects that go into the sport.

If you want to learn how to play hockey you practice the parts of the sport (which involve skating).

dmbetc 12-23-2020 05:31 PM

And by your logic, a golfer should be able to take a hit by a defensive football player. Ya know, since they both know how to walk.

Antiramie 12-23-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17856663)
In order to start golfing you need to know how to...walk. In order to play hockey you need to know how to skate.

Next.

Anyone can almost instantly be a paramedic if they just know how to walk!

:lol :lol :lol

Lcsulla 12-23-2020 06:26 PM

Kucherov out for season w/ surgery. Tough loss.

Antiramie 12-23-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17856739)
Kucherov out for season w/ surgery. Tough loss.

Fuuuuuuuuck.

unccrombie 12-23-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17856694)
If you want to learn how to play baseball you learn how to hit the ball and catch the ball. You donít just automatically know how to do it properly because you can walk. :lol so you practice those aspects that go into the sport.

If you want to learn how to play hockey you practice the parts of the sport (which involve skating).

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17856696)
And by your logic, a golfer should be able to take a hit by a defensive football player. Ya know, since they both know how to walk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17856691)
So golf, soccer, baseball, football, basketball, frisbee, tennis are all equally easy to learn?

Heel, girl.

dmbetc 12-23-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 17856753)
Heel, girl.

Donít you know to never tell a woman to calm down??!!?!

:lol I enjoy this banter, even a month later.

Antiramie 12-23-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17856781)
Don’t you know to never tell a woman to calm down??!!?!

Heel just means know your place... not necessarily calm down. If you can walk, you can make us sandwiches, even if you're angry.

dmbetc 12-23-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17856787)
Heel just means know your place... not necessarily calm down. If you can walk, you can make us sandwiches, even if you're angry.

I do make a bomb sandwich.

Antiramie 12-23-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17856792)
I do make a bomb sandwich.

But can you make one on skates?

Checkmate.

unccrombie 12-23-2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17856781)
Donít you know to never tell a woman to calm down??!!?!

Goes in one ear and out the other.

drakan 12-23-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17856691)
So golf, soccer, baseball, football, basketball, frisbee, tennis are all equally easy to learn?

Well except for the fact I can't hit a tennis ball or throw a frisbee that good(but I am not a hippie) all the rest aren't that hard. Basketball is easy. Football is not that hard. Soccer is harder that it looks. Hockey is harder than all those sports and it's not close.

drakan 12-23-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17856694)
If you want to learn how to play baseball you learn how to hit the ball and catch the ball. You donít just automatically know how to do it properly because you can walk. :lol so you practice those aspects that go into the sport.

Obviously I am kidding but because of the skating hockey is harder than most sports. Most people can walk and run.

drakan 12-23-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17856699)
Anyone can almost instantly be a paramedic if they just know how to walk!

:lol :lol :lol

You need to know how to drive and there is a lot of school too I imagine. Any job with needles I am out. Much respect to paramedics.

Antiramie 12-23-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17856809)
Obviously I am kidding but because of the skating hockey is harder than most sports. Most people can walk and run.

Why do you think skating is brain surgery? You never got off the rink wall, did you?

dmbetc 12-23-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17856808)
Well except for the fact I can't hit a tennis ball or throw a frisbee that good(but I am not a hippie) all the rest aren't that hard. Basketball is easy. Football is not that hard. Soccer is harder that it looks. Hockey is harder than all those sports and it's not close.

Is tennis just as hard as hockey then? Since you can’t even do the key part of tennis?

dmbetc 12-23-2020 09:18 PM

I’d much rather learn to skate than learn to hit a 100mph ball coming at me and not knowing which way it goes (baseball). Sounds much easier to me too.

Antiramie 12-23-2020 09:27 PM

Having to first learn how to do something that isn't part of every day life doesn't necessarily mean it makes learning the sport as a whole more difficult than others.

"Diving is harder than tennis because you have to learn how to swim first."

"Bowling is harder than basketball because you have to learn how to walk on shoes with less friction first."

"Racquetball is harder than golf because you have to learn how to get used to the feel of the protective eyewear first."

Yea..no.

Lcsulla 12-23-2020 09:56 PM

This debate is reminding me of that bozo football player who 2 years ago claimed he could learn to play and make an NHL team in 6 months - dude didn't even know how to skate so that could make the whole thing a little more difficult. :lol

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...b-jalen-ramsey

drakan 12-23-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17856835)
Is tennis just as hard as hockey then? Since you canít even do the key part of tennis?

No I look good in tennis gear.

drakan 12-23-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17856816)
Why do you think skating is brain surgery? You never got off the rink wall, did you?

No I played youth and HS hockey.

mthawk07 12-23-2020 10:55 PM

Iíve never played hockey because I canít skate worth shit, but I can say that hitting a baseball and doing it at the level that pros do it is insanely difficult. Everything else about baseball isnít that hard, but hitting is a bitch.

drakan 12-23-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17856847)
Having to first learn how to do something that isn't part of every day life doesn't necessarily mean it makes learning the sport as a whole more difficult than others.

That's stupid. Learning to skate isn't easy. The skating component in hockey makes it's a different level than most other sports. It's kind of like when boxers go to MMA or when runners or cyclists go to triathlons.

On a sidenote, lacrosse is probably underrated.

drakan 12-23-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17856918)
Iíve never played hockey because I canít skate worth shit, but I can say that hitting a baseball and doing it at the level that pros do it is insanely difficult. Everything else about baseball isnít that hard, but hitting is a bitch.

Really I mean even un-athletic pitchers hit in the majors?;)

dmbetc 12-24-2020 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17856916)
No I look good in tennis gear.

Pics or it didn’t happen!

On a side note, my fiancť and I bought tennis rackets at the beginning of pandemic and only went twice. That shit is harder than it looks!

Lcsulla 12-24-2020 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17856964)
On a side note, my fiancť and I bought tennis rackets at the beginning of pandemic and only went twice. That shit is harder than it looks!

When I was a kid in my teens the condos down the road from my parents had tennis courts. My neighbors and I would go to play - we all sucked and would eventually be swatting the balls off the fenced in area like we were swinging baseball bats. Glad I never bought a racquet because after a few times we all just decided walking down there was just not worth it - so we went back to soccer and baseball in one of our yards! :)

Antiramie 12-24-2020 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17856923)
That's stupid. Learning to skate isn't easy. The skating component in hockey makes it's a different level than most other sports. It's kind of like when boxers go to MMA or when runners or cyclists go to triathlons.

On a sidenote, lacrosse is probably underrated.

Why would a boxer going to MMA be difficult? If you can walk it should be a piece of cake.

JRS1386 12-24-2020 02:14 AM

insert grandpa simpson gif

Roose13 12-24-2020 08:12 AM

Played ice hockey in the inner city growing up. Wasn’t that hard to learn how to skate.

Roose13 12-24-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17856663)
In order to start golfing you need to know how to...walk. In order to play hockey you need to know how to skate.

Next.

In order to learn how to skate you need to learn how to walk. :BANG