Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

mthawk07 05-17-2018 11:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! Caps still 1n!)

Vasilevskiy standing on his damn head.

Brohan_Santana 05-17-2018 11:29 PM

God damnit Eller

Climb2safety 05-17-2018 11:31 PM

Fucking +1 T Wilson haters

mthawk07 05-17-2018 11:33 PM

Fucking fuck.

dmbetc 05-17-2018 11:34 PM

Uh oh....

aeroshady 05-17-2018 11:35 PM

Tampa is playing lights out in the 3rd

Brohan_Santana 05-17-2018 11:38 PM

This reminds me of old Caps, run circles around competition yet lose

Hopefully this team has learned and can find a way to tie it up

Climb2safety 05-17-2018 11:40 PM

This game doesn’t mean anything other than the series is tied if the score holds.

Keep your ghosts in the basement.

Climb2safety 05-17-2018 11:42 PM

EVERYONE picked Tampa in this series. If it’s 2-2 and we are playing well, which we are, I like our chances.

Climb2safety 05-17-2018 11:47 PM

Tampa took a Ginsu to Boston and Jersey.

Caps giving them a solid fight. Weíre taking by their punches. Expect our own to land Saturday night.

bradshaw06 05-17-2018 11:49 PM

Just catching up, but did backstrom really sign a broom? Talk about bad juju

Climb2safety 05-17-2018 11:49 PM

Love Carlson but why is he down low on the empty net?

Brohan_Santana 05-17-2018 11:50 PM

Itís taken PPís, puck luck and their goalie to keep this series 2-2.

I like our chances

Keep skating circles, keep skating hard. The results will come

#ItsOktoBelieve

mthawk07 05-17-2018 11:53 PM

Well at least theyíll be on the road again Saturday.

Brohan_Santana 05-17-2018 11:55 PM

Relax people

Iíll take 2-2 no matter how we got their ESPECIALLY with the way theyíre running circles around the other team

Results and puck luck will come

#ItsOktoBelieve

barbogast 05-18-2018 12:04 AM

Team’s fucked. I truly believe that.

Let’s Go Caps

Climb2safety 05-18-2018 12:38 AM

I would have taken 2-2 so, call me a homer but no Panic.

Missed opportunity, sure.

Climb2safety 05-18-2018 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17104819)
Relax people

Iíll take 2-2 no matter how we got their ESPECIALLY with the way theyíre running circles around the other team

Results and puck luck will come

#ItsOktoBelieve

This. Go Caps.

barbogast 05-18-2018 12:58 AM

I’m glad y’all can remain optimistic. And of course I want them to win. But I don’t expect it. Maybe they’ll surprise me this year. Let’s hope.

kev87lads 05-18-2018 01:06 AM

Caps lost because of Barb’s Steve Carell/Michael Scott take. Really had no shot tonight because of that. That’s just logic.

Climb2safety 05-18-2018 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17104917)
Iím glad yíall can remain optimistic. And of course I want them to win. But I donít expect it. Maybe theyíll surprise me this year. Letís hope.

I hear you. I just choose not to beat myself up between games. Defense mechanism probably developed over what seems like a million years. It it happens, hey, business as usual.

Why worry twice? Itís a good group. No reason they canít get this done!

Brohan_Santana 05-18-2018 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17104917)
Iím glad yíall can remain optimistic. And of course I want them to win. But I donít expect it. Maybe theyíll surprise me this year. Letís hope.

Thereís very few things that give me belief for DC sports franchises. Iím not sure if you follow DC sports or just the Caps

Either way Walton has provided a sense of closure & reality as a DC sports fan. Itís ok to be wrong. Itís ok to be upset. Itís ok to be mad and #ItsOktoBelieve

Even if youíre wrong what happens? Nothing. You wake up the next morning, put your underwear on like the day before. Pants & Shirt and then go about your day.

Be mindful. Be supportive. Be respectful. Just believe

Climb2safety 05-18-2018 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17104944)
Thereís very few things that give me belief for DC sports franchises. Iím not sure if you follow DC sports or just the Caps

Either way Walton has provided a sense of closure & reality as a DC sports fan. Itís ok to be wrong. Itís ok to be upset. Itís ok to be mad and #ItsOktoBelieve

Even if youíre wrong what happens? Nothing. You wake up the next morning, put your underwear on like the day before. Pants & Shirt and then go about your day.

If it happens, business as usual. Til then, not gonna be caught on the wrong side baby!

barbogast 05-18-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17104932)
I hear you. I just choose not to beat myself up between games. Defense mechanism probably developed over what seems like a million years. It it happens, hey, business as usual.

Why worry twice? It’s a good group. No reason they can’t get this done!

The thing is at this point in life with this team I’m not worried. I used to get truly crushed when they started doing this. Like, crushed to the point where it would effect my mood for days.

That’s not the case anymore. If they win, great, if they lose (which I expect they will), also fine. I no longer lose sleep and walk around grumpy because of the Caps anymore.

So to be clear, I’m not beating myself up at all when I say I fully expect another collapse at this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17104944)
There’s very few things that give me belief for DC sports franchises. I’m not sure if you follow DC sports or just the Caps

Either way Walton has provided a sense of closure & reality as a DC sports fan. It’s ok to be wrong. It’s ok to be upset. It’s ok to be mad and #ItsOktoBelieve

Even if you’re wrong what happens? Nothing. You wake up the next morning, put your underwear on like the day before. Pants & Shirt and then go about your day.

Meh

Whatever to all of this basically. I hate when fans tell other fans how they should act and feel.

I’m super glad you guys choose to remain optimistic. I would never say “you’re wrong” for remaining hopeful.

I also don’t need to be told I’m not showing proper support by saying I think they’re toast. I’ve got an entire life’s worth of experience that shapes this belief. I TRULY hope they prove me wrong.

And like you said. No matter what happens, I’ll still have to poop first thing in the morning. So it’s fine.

barbogast 05-18-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 17104927)
Caps lost because of Barbís Steve Carell/Michael Scott take. Really had no shot tonight because of that. Thatís just logic.

And of course I know this in jest, but one thing I also gave up a long time ago is superstition stuff. Theyíre either gonna win or they arenít. Doesnít matter the length of my beard or the shirt that I wear or the position of the couch Iím sitting on.

A friend of mine texted me and said he accidentally left his hat at his momís house in NOVA when he drove back to Cville after Sundayís game. And thatís why the Caps havenít won since.

None of that stuff matters.

JRS1386 05-18-2018 08:12 AM

P&R > The Office just to add to the convo I missed. Game 5 gets to show if this Caps team is finally over itís hump or is just complacent from finally beating the Pens and not hungry enough to go forward

barbogast 05-18-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 17105065)
P&R > The Office just to add to the convo I missed. Game 5 gets to show if this Caps team is finally over itís hump or is just complacent from finally beating the Pens and not hungry enough to go forward

Good man!

Roose13 05-18-2018 08:51 AM

Bolts regaining momentum going home is awesome

TMoore4075 05-18-2018 09:01 AM

I said if TBL tied the series, they'd win it and I'm sticking by that.

~Crashintome89~ 05-18-2018 09:10 AM

yeah, tampa just had really two bad games on the defensive side. Cooper is a magician.