Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 10-06-2017 01:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Tonight was fun.

JRS1386 10-06-2017 02:00 AM

Well I won't say I am shocked by the Flyers performance. Played well but not well enough to win. Plenty of opportunities with no capitalization + no 2nd chances given up by the Kings

fonzz41 10-06-2017 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16903587)
Duchene with the first avalanche goal. Haha perfect

The manís on a mission ... to up his own trade value.

But, on the other hand, his line of Kerfoot and Yakupov (yes, Yakupov!) has been on fire in the preseason and now into tonight. Maybe we donít want to trade him...

barbogast 10-06-2017 08:00 AM

Caps looked real rusty through two periods last night but the Ovie-Kuznetsov-Vrana line really shined in the third. Cool to see Ovie get a hat trick, just hope he stays consistent all year. Also wasnít thrilled that the Caps M.O. of coming back to tie a game and then immediately giving the lead back is still alive and well. Holtby looked OK but not great, but itís not really fair to evaluate the goalie on one game, especially the first one in months. It was a decent first game I guess, we shall see.

barbogast 10-06-2017 08:25 AM

Holy shit the Hawks beat the Pens 10-1???

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol hahahahahahaha fucking awesome

Yeah yeah, they just won two Cups in a row, so whatever, but still. :lol f the Pens

UCFish 10-06-2017 09:00 AM

Hawks looked good last night.

swordo84 10-06-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16903759)
The manís on a mission ... to up his own trade value.

But, on the other hand, his line of Kerfoot and Yakupov (yes, Yakupov!) has been on fire in the preseason and now into tonight. Maybe we donít want to trade him...

You'll grow tired of Yakupov VERY quickly indeed.

TMoore4075 10-06-2017 09:25 AM

Nice to see a Wings win. When the Wild tied it so quick I was like ok this is more what I was expecting this year but they responded nicely. Poetic start to LCA though with the kids playing well but the captain getting the winner. Holy crap Mike Green with 4 assists. Worry what the Wings would have to do to make the room for AA when he does re-sign because he's not gonna like not getting paid. I know Booth and Witkowski will get sent down but that won't be enough.

TheLastPig 10-06-2017 10:27 AM

Not sure how the pens get stuck with 19 back to backs this season. Thats fucking absurd

kev87lads 10-06-2017 10:36 AM

Thought Flyers played well. Quick had a good night. Would like to see Morin get a chance Saturday. Maybe swap he and Sanheim (or Haag) over first few games and see which one steps up or opens an eye to then see who sticks.

barbogast 10-06-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16903828)
Not sure how the pens get stuck with 19 back to backs this season. Thats fucking absurd

Yeah that's obnoxious. That's like half the season.

TMoore4075 10-06-2017 11:03 AM

Yeah I really feel for the back to back champions.

lockman21 10-06-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16903777)
Holy shit the Hawks beat the Pens 10-1???

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol hahahahahahaha fucking awesome

Yeah yeah, they just won two Cups in a row, so whatever, but still. :lol f the Pens

:lol I couldn't keep up. I brought the lady friend to the game, and she was trying to tell a story and literally kept getting interrupted by my screaming, the horn and Chelsea Dagger. It took her like 15 minutes to tell a 2 minute story :lol

Edit: While last night was obviously on the extreme side of things, the Hawks forward group is going to be REALLY good this year. If the defense can hold up (it should) then I think this might be the best Hawks team since 2013. Nick Schmaltz has progressed amazingly. He had an absolutely incredible camp/preseason and really looks like a star in the making. That second line absolutely dominated the Crosby line. Hartman - Schmaltz - Kane is going to be dangerous all year.

Brohan_Santana 10-06-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16903464)
Thank you for clarifying, I was reading the stats and (assuming PPG meant "points per game") and thiking - 'Uhhh.... I do not believe Simmonds is one of the top few.'

PPG has always been the acronym for Power Play Goals.

Points per game is p/pg because its a rate

TheLastPig 10-06-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16903969)
:lol I couldn't keep up. I brought the lady friend to the game, and she was trying to tell a story and literally kept getting interrupted by my screaming, the horn and Chelsea Dagger. It took her like 15 minutes to tell a 2 minute story :lol

Edit: While last night was obviously on the extreme side of things, the Hawks forward group is going to be REALLY good this year. If the defense can hold up (it should) then I think this might be the best Hawks team since 2013. Nick Schmaltz has progressed amazingly. He had an absolutely incredible camp/preseason and really looks like a star in the making. That second line absolutely dominated the Crosby line. Hartman - Schmaltz - Kane is going to be dangerous all year.

Whered you sit last night? Lowers?

Lcsulla 10-06-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16903752)
We will just throw that one in the trash. Niemi looked really bad though. Thatís the only concern I take from that game. Flat out lost the puck on two of those goals

That's all you can do, just forget it and move on. It is only 1 game - Pens came out flat and the Hawks were just on a mission. Yeah, while I cannot blame Niemi for that first goal (he had no chance) he did look pretty vulnerable, heck did you see him almost fall over while taking the ice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16903780)
Hawks looked good last night.

I switched over to watch an inning of the Yankees when the Hawks went up 1-0 and went for a drink 5 minutes later and looked at my screen and went '5-0' - WTF did I just miss in 5 minutes?'

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16903828)

Yeah, that really sucks. It is like the schedule for them was generated by the same computer Delta uses when I fly from NYC to Miami and they route me through Denver because I pick the cheapest ticket.

Quote:

Kane is going to be dangerous all year.

He put on a show last night making guys look silly with his stickhandling, that was just plain fun to watch.

Brohan_Santana 10-06-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16903668)
Penns must be still drunk from the summer. Look awful.

I guess you could say they were Blackhawk Drunk

Lcsulla 10-06-2017 12:03 PM

It ended up overshadowed by the score but that was a nice tribute Chicago gave to Bickell before the game. I wish him well!

Roose13 10-06-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Hockey games are no place for her dumb stories!

lockman21 10-06-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16903996)
Whered you sit last night? Lowers?

Section 228

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16904040)
It ended up overshadowed by the score but that was a nice tribute Chicago gave to Bickell before the game. I wish him well!

It was tugging at the heart strings, that's for sure. Class move by the Hawks letting him skate there for the season opener.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16904059)
Hockey games are no place for her dumb stories!

Shut up woman and go get me a beer!

lockman21 10-06-2017 01:51 PM

Also, Patrick Kane is absolutely out of his fucking mind. I don't understand how he seemingly gets better every single year. Truly think there are times when he's "on" and he's the best player in the league.

If I could throw backhand sauce like that just once...

Chumlee67 10-06-2017 02:34 PM

I gotta say, I am not a fan of the slashing calls now. Probably biased because the Bruins got called for a lot of them last night, but man were they just bad. Any stick remotely near the hand of the puck carrier got called.

All in all it was a great game, and I was happy to be back at the TD Garden for a Bruins game.

TheLastPig 10-06-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16904063)
Section 228

Did those seats feel far up? seems like it feels up high with the big boxes and mezzanine in between

lockman21 10-06-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16904296)
Did those seats feel far up? seems like it feels up high with the big boxes and mezzanine in between

Not in the slightest. It's actually one of my favorite views. My absolute favorites are the first couple rows of the 300 level.

The UC is fantastic for hockey. Really not a bad seat in the house (besides lower level corners, but those suck everywhere).

Lcsulla 10-06-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16904063)
It was tugging at the heart strings, that's for sure. Class move by the Hawks letting him skate there for the season opener.

Yeah, it certainly was a great move. Between that last game of the season when the Cane's brought him up for one game and he netted his shootout attempt to end his career and then last night they guy went out pretty well given the circumstances. he will also always be remembered for what a beast he was in the 2013 playoffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16904209)
Also, Patrick Kane is absolutely out of his fucking mind. I don't understand how he seemingly gets better every single year. Truly think there are times when he's "on" and he's the best player in the league.

I love how people were questioning (admittedly the pundits, not real fans) whether he would suffer without Panarin on his line but he did not miss a beat, better question is how will Pararin do without Kane feeding him passes. Hell the goal he scored, that was amazing - backhanded and he just roofed it shortside over Murray's shoulder - again admittedly I think Murray was worried because Toews was wide open on the far post so he probably expected Kane to pass. Just fun to watch him when is is on, he is just that good!

Lcsulla 10-06-2017 07:38 PM

Interesting fact for we stat geeks, this season is starting out at a record pace - literally. For only the second time in NHL history (last time was 1917) 4 players scored hat tricks (Simmonds, McDavid, Saad, Ovechkin)in their teams opener. Have a chance to break that record tonight too since the Golden Knights, Stars, Islanders, Blue Jackets, Panthers, Devils, Hurricanes, Lightning and Canucks are all playing their season debut games tonight.

What was that I heard about goalie's being too big and having too much equipment? :lol

dmbetc 10-06-2017 11:48 PM

Ben Bishop just got a puck to the face, must've been perfect shot in-between his goalie mask. Took off his mask and was bleeding all over.

dmbetc 10-07-2017 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16904676)
Ben Bishop just got a puck to the face, must've been perfect shot in-between his goalie mask. Took off his mask and was bleeding all over.

He appears to be okay though, seemed more angry going into the dressing room than injured.

https://twitter.com/peteblackburn/st...95185252638725
https://twitter.com/myregularface/st...95197474869249

Edit: and he's back, of course, because...hockey.

dmbetc 10-07-2017 12:09 AM

James Neal the first ever goal scorer for the Las Vegas Knights.

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

kev87lads 10-07-2017 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16904691)
James Neal the first ever goal scorer for the Las Vegas Knights.

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

And 2nd. GWG no less.