Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TheLastPig 12-09-2016 01:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16662304)
agreed

but i will say that watching the NFL on the west coast must suck

i remember being in Vegas for new year's and having to wake up at 9:30AM to watch the steelers play

do you know how hard it is to wake up at 9:30AM when you're in Vegas?

yeah if I lived on the west coast I would miss at like half of the 1 oclock games every sunday.

Dramageek 12-09-2016 01:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16662309)
yeah if I lived on the west coast I would miss at like half of the 1 oclock games every sunday.

My brother lived in Bakersfield, CA for a number of years for work. I remember going to visit him for Christmas one year, and the Steelers were playing somebody on Christmas Eve. There was a Steelers bar in town, so my brother and I were at a bar, on Christmas Eve, at 10:00 a.m. watching the Steelers. :lol And Monday Night Football at 5:30 is equally weird, but it was definitely nice when the game was over by 9.

UCFish 12-09-2016 01:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16662304)
agreed

but i will say that watching the NFL on the west coast must suck

i remember being in Vegas for new year's and having to wake up at 9:30AM to watch the steelers play

do you know how hard it is to wake up at 9:30AM when you're in Vegas?

No way....wake up at 8am....and football is on at 10:00.

It is the best. Night games are over by about 9:00 and don't start til 5:30 so still time to get home after work.

hailtopitt 12-09-2016 01:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
see i would like MNF at 5:30 though

games ending at midnight or later if there's OT is getting old

hailtopitt 12-09-2016 01:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16662315)
No way....wake up at 8am....and football is on at 10:00.

It is the best. Night games are over by about 9:00 and don't start til 5:30 so still time to get home after work.

no way what? yea i don't wake up at 8:00AM when i'm in Vegas

i'm lucky if i'm asleep by 8:00AM

1:00 PM is the perfect kickoff time

UCFish 12-09-2016 01:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16662316)
see i would like MNF at 5:30 though

games ending at midnight or later if there's OT is getting old

:thumbsup

UCFish 12-09-2016 01:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16662317)
yea i don't wake up at 8:00AM when i'm in Vegas

i'm lucky if i'm asleep by 8:00AM

1:00 PM is the perfect kickoff time

Well who the fuck wants to live in Vegas.

Yeah it is not helpful when you are on a bachelor party weekend I am talking about real life living on the West Coast not a random crazy weekend.

hailtopitt 12-09-2016 01:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16662321)
Well who the fuck wants to live in Vegas.

Yeah it is not helpful when you are on a bachelor party weekend I am talking about real life living on the West Coast not a random crazy weekend.

i guess

but i still like 1:00PM the best because i can do stuff like run errands, cook, etc etc before the game starts and then it's still only 4:00ish by the end

if its a 10:00AM kickoff i can't get anything done ahead of time

but i also sleep later than 8:00AM on the weekends so this is just personal preference

jrkarger 12-09-2016 01:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
I'm with UC. West coast is sooooo much better for watching sports. As I get older I hate the 8:30 PM start times.

EDIT: On the east coast the 4:30 PM kick off is the best for the NFL. You have all day to get stuff done and the game is over by 7:30 PM.

bradshaw06 12-09-2016 01:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16662248)
lol Fleury not one of the worst...he was great against Dallas & Detroit

and they aren't getting rid of Murray either. 0% chance of that happening

Statistically, he currently is. 43 of 48 in save % and second to last in goals against.

hailtopitt 12-09-2016 01:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16662356)
Statistically, he currently is. 43 of 48 in save % and second to last in goals against.

that's not a reflection of how he's playing in the least

Fleury is fine. Murray is slightly better

bradshaw06 12-09-2016 02:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16662360)
that's not a reflection of how he's playing in the least

Fleury is fine. Murray is slightly better

He isnt playing well at all. He overplays the puck and is out of position way too often. I'd say Murray is more than slightly better at this point.
Fleury's allowed triple the goals that Murray has in only seven more appearances.

TheLastPig 12-09-2016 02:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Yeah fleury is definitely not playing well. Murray has been much more than slightly better.

hailtopitt 12-09-2016 02:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16662365)
He isnt playing well at all. He overplays the puck and is out of position way too often. I'd say Murray is more than slightly better at this point.
Fleury's allowed triple the goals that Murray has in only seven more appearances.

and the team plays terrible in front of him

and Fleury is better when he actually plays...this 50/50 split is terrible for MAF

just look at October when Murray was still injured and Crosby was still concussed. Fleury was a fort.

MAF is fine

bradshaw06 12-09-2016 02:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16662376)
and the team plays terrible in front of him

and Fleury is better when he actually plays...this 50/50 split is terrible for MAF

just look at October when Murray was still injured and Crosby was still concussed. Fleury was a fort.

MAF is fine

I wonder why they play so different in front of him. Maf seems to play like kid holding a loaded gun. It never ends well. The team is constantly playing catch up with him and net and he rarely slows things down. That in additon to being out of position so often makes for a bad combo. And a fort? His gaa was 3.09 and his save % was .909. That is average at best.

bradshaw06 12-09-2016 02:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
We'll see what happens, but i dont feel comfortable with maf. He just can't handle pressure.

hailtopitt 12-09-2016 02:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16662394)
I wonder why they play so different in front of him. Maf seems to play like kid holding a loaded gun. It never ends well. The team is constantly playing catch up with him and net and he rarely slows things down. That in additon to being out of position so often makes for a bad combo. And a fort? His gaa was 3.09 and his save % was .909. That is average at best.

GAA only tells part of the story

think about all the terrible penalties the Pens were taking early on and couple that with how bad the PK is

the Ottawa game is a microcosm of MAF's season. he gives up 4 goals on 16 shots and gets pulled, but literally none of them were bad goals. he got hung out to dry in that game and couldn't do anything about it. odd man rushes non-stop, screens in front of him with no one clearing the crease, deflections etc etc

Murray is def better right now but MAF is not one of the worst goalies in the league. he just isn't

~Crashintome89~ 12-09-2016 03:59 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
my favorite hockey joke is this:

after losing in game 6 of the 2012 playoffs against the Flyers, Fleury was so distraught that he threw himself in front of a SEPTA bus, but the bus went through his legs.

lockman21 12-09-2016 04:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
No Toews, Seabrook or Crawford tonight against the Rags (or Sunday). Not good.

Roose13 12-09-2016 04:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16662535)
my favorite hockey joke is this:

after losing in game 6 of the 2012 playoffs against the Flyers, Fleury was so distraught that he threw himself in front of a SEPTA bus, but the bus went through his legs.

And I'm sure Penguins fans will love to tell jokes about how Fleury has a hard time catching the puck because he wears his two Stanley Cup rings. We really don't make out for the better in that joke :lol

hailtopitt 12-09-2016 05:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
yikes....

Lcsulla 12-09-2016 07:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16662247)
Start times of all sports are awful compared to living in California for the last 10 years.

Living on the east coast the late start times for any west coast games drive me insane. Some of those say 10pm starts go until like 2 AM if they go to multiple OT's in the playoffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16662249)
They arent keeping Fleury. Thats not even a discussion now. Its a matter of when they move MAF at this point.

Doesn't MAF have a NMC where they'd need him to waive the clause and approve any move?

Rangers/Hawks should be interesting tonight. Hawks missing Toews, Crawford and Seabrook and the Rangers not starting Lundqvist and missing both Nash and Vesey due to injuries.

hailtopitt 12-09-2016 07:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16662669)
Living on the east coast the late start times for any west coast games drive me insane. Some of those say 10pm starts go until like 2 AM if they go to multiple OT's in the playoffs.



Doesn't MAF have a NMC where they'd need him to waive the clause and approve any move?

Rangers/Hawks should be interesting tonight. Hawks missing Toews, Crawford and Seabrook and the Rangers not starting Lundqvist and missing both Nash and Vesey due to injuries.

Fleury gets to pick a certain number of destinations that he would accept a trade to (i think it's 12)

Lcsulla 12-09-2016 08:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16662675)
Fleury gets to pick a certain number of destinations that he would accept a trade to (i think it's 12)

Yeah, that is what I thought. If they cannot come to an agreement with MAF doesn't he automatically have to be protected in the expansion draft due to the NMC?

bradshaw06 12-09-2016 08:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16662675)
Fleury gets to pick a certain number of destinations that he would accept a trade to (i think it's 12)

This is correct. And yes, he gets auto protected. Which would leave murray open. If i am maf, why am i waiving my nmc if they cannot find a team on my list? Let the team buy me out. It makes me more money.

Lcsulla 12-09-2016 10:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Damn, I always forget how damn fast JT Miller is, dude can just accelerate from a dead stop like very few others.

As much as I hate being without Seabrook I do like seeing Keith and Hjalmarsson on the same pairing.

MSG announcers are funny - talking about how Raanta is undefeated at the United Center, took their second guy a moment to point out that all his wins there came when he was wearing a Hawks uniform backing up Crawford. :lol

lockman21 12-09-2016 10:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Hawks without Toews, Seabrook and Crawford...and Kane just went to the dressing room after a huge hit.

Fucking hell.

Lcsulla 12-09-2016 11:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16662757)
Hawks without Toews, Seabrook and Crawford...and Kane just went to the dressing room after a huge hit.

Fucking hell.

Had me worried too - big time. Just a concussion check, so nice to see him back on the ice to end that period.

What a game, both Raanta and Darling are putting on a show in net through 2 periods.

Lcsulla 12-10-2016 12:38 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Damn, great game - both goalies played amazing - no goals in regulation, Rangers win it in OT.

Sucks that the Hossa's 3rd period goal was disallowed because of a tiny offsides.

Happy Kane is OK though!

kev87lads 12-10-2016 10:23 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
I don't hate the Flyers stadium jersey. So that's good I guess.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.