Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 06-28-2016 10:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16490143)
Recchi not in is a fucking joke. Glad Lindros is in though

Agreed on Recchi. Lindros belongs in the hall IMO, he was that good and I actually do feel bad for the guy because he came in with so much hype (the next Gretzky/Lemiux, etc, etc) and never lived up to the expectations but did anyone actually think he would? He also got a ton of shit from the team, the fans and the media for the games he missed due to numerous concussions - they called him every name in the book. He never deserved all that crap simply for placing his health over his career. In truth he probably did more to help make the NHL safer than anyone in history. Add in his numbers and you have a guy who certainly deserves to be in. I just never figured he would be voted in before Recchi. I though his early on 'Drouin act' of not reporting to Quebec (or ever playing for them) after they drafted him would keep him out a bit longer.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 11:07 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
People said the same thing about Dave Bolland and David Clarkson though too. If he is scoring 25 points a year, 6 years is a long time. He's not gonna be as effective in Montreal because they aren't as good as Chicago. You can play your role when you you have a Toews, Kane and Hossa out there. I get why Montreal gave him the term, if you didn't, somebody would and that's what you had to do to get a deal done. If they feel he's gonna be a great fit for their team...great. I just wonder how much of it is "Ooo he did great for Chicago and Chicago wins, we gotta get him." Teams tried to get players from the Avs and Wings back in the day and they usually failed. Martin Lapointe got a 5 year deal at like 5.2mil per year from the Bruins because he was a great in Detroit. He didn't do so well after he left. All of a sudden your leadership and stuff isn't the same when you don't have Yzerman, Shanahan, Fedorov and Larionov out there with you.

Lcsulla 06-28-2016 11:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16489166)
Dave Andreychuk and stuff. But is he really a HALL OF FAME hockey player? I dunno.

640 goals (14th all time), 698 assists, all time NHL leader in power play goals, 28 all time in points, a career +38, 6th all time in games played and a Stanley Cup winner in TB in 04 where he tallied 14 points in the postseason. Unlike other guys he changed his style of play in his later years to fit the way his body could play and was huge for TB in his time there. IMO he is a no brainer for the HOF.

Lcsulla 06-28-2016 11:15 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16490528)
People said the same thing about Dave Bolland and David Clarkson though too. If he is scoring 25 points a year, 6 years is a long time. He's not gonna be as effective in Montreal because they aren't as good as Chicago. You can play your role when you you have a Toews, Kane and Hossa out there. I get why Montreal gave him the term, if you didn't, somebody would and that's what you had to do to get a deal done. If they feel he's gonna be a great fit for their team...great. I just wonder how much of it is "Ooo he did great for Chicago and Chicago wins, we gotta get him." Teams tried to get players from the Avs and Wings back in the day and they usually failed. Martin Lapointe got a 5 year deal at like 5.2mil per year from the Bruins because he was a great in Detroit. He didn't do so well after he left. All of a sudden your leadership and stuff isn't the same when you don't have Yzerman, Shanahan, Fedorov and Larionov out there with you.

Point taken on him not being surrounded by stars so he likely will not be as effective. Still, that deal is not too bad IMO because he will be able to clam a clubhouse with a veteran presence, play his game in front of the net, stick up for his team, let his experience help the rest of the guys, he will leave it all on the ice every game and if it turns to shit somehow I am sure he can easily be moved to a contender in a couple of years because of his pedigree, winning attitude, experience and guts.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 02:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I need Friday to get here....So I can watch TO get Stamkos and the Wings overpay for one of the other guys. Lucic visited Vancouver yesterday and Edmonton today. Dreger saying he's on the Wings list.....no thanks. He's scored a whopping 20 goals last year and 18 the year before and you want me to give him 6mil per for 5-6 years? No way.

fonzz41 06-28-2016 02:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16490930)
I need Friday to get here....So I can watch TO get Stamkos and the Wings overpay for one of the other guys. Lucic visited Vancouver yesterday and Edmonton today. Dreger saying he's on the Wings list.....no thanks. He's scored a whopping 20 goals last year and 18 the year before and you want me to give him 6mil per for 5-6 years? No way.

With as "exciting" as draft day was, I'm trying to temper my expectations by convincing myself that TB will re-sign Stamkos and it will be a boring July 1.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 02:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
NHL Hall of Fame, just like every other HoF, is a complete joke

in much better news, not sure if this has been posted but:

https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-ch...rs/c-281034354

so good

barbogast 06-28-2016 02:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Still unsure how Mark Recchi doesn't go in, especially with such a weak class. I mean, what more does a player have to do?

I won't lie I had never heard of Rogie Vachon until yesterday. I'm sure it's a perfectly fine nomination, but come on. Seems like they stretched pretty hard on that one.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 02:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16490933)
With as "exciting" as draft day was, I'm trying to temper my expectations by convincing myself that TB will re-sign Stamkos and it will be a boring July 1.

Like I said earlier, I think if he's not re-signed Tampa by sometime tomorrow or early Thursday, I don't think it happens. You gotta assume he'll have a pretty good feeling by late tomorrow if he wants to go or not and if he wants to go to Tampa, he's not gonna lose out on that 8th year of salary.

fonzz41 06-28-2016 02:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16490455)
Forgot to tell you guys. Watched "Goon" the other night. Terrible movie. So whatever rankings of hockey movies I had from last month still stand.

You usually don't say a lot of wrong things, so this is significant.

JRS1386 06-28-2016 02:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16490961)
NHL Hall of Fame, just like every other HoF, is a complete joke

in much better news, not sure if this has been posted but:

https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-ch...rs/c-281034354

so good

It was, asshat

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 02:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16490993)
It was, asshat

the Pens won the Cup

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 02:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
You mean the Penns?

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 02:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
4>2
5>2
6>0

TheLastPig 06-28-2016 02:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16490961)
NHL Hall of Fame, just like every other HoF, is a complete joke

in much better news, not sure if this has been posted but:

https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-ch...rs/c-281034354

so good

Jersey bonerz


I fucking love the whites. Have a Lemieux one like that in white I got last year.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 02:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16491041)
Jersey bonerz


I fucking love the whites. Have a Lemieux one like that in white I got last year.

hoping to get an Olli Maatta in the white

or maybe a Murray but i'm still iffy on that

barbogast 06-28-2016 02:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16490961)
NHL Hall of Fame, just like every other HoF, is a complete joke

in much better news, not sure if this has been posted but:

https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-ch...rs/c-281034354

so good

*barfs*

Yuck

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 02:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
In honor of Lindros going to HHOF, I think I'll go watch highlights of his trip to the Finals in 97.

barbogast 06-28-2016 02:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Oh hey look guys, Tim brought up that the Red Wings won the Cup in 1997. He'll probably remind us about 1998 next. Thanks, Tim!

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 02:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491051)
*barfs*

Yuck

:lol coming from a Caps fan

they've had nothing but awful sweaters from basically day 1

Pens are simple and classic...so good

barbogast 06-28-2016 02:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491079)
:lol coming from a Caps fan

they've had nothing but awful sweaters from basically day 1

Pens are simple and classic...so good

Yeah, I know. You know my post was in jest. Penns usually have great sweaters. The Caps got it right until 1995, and the new alternates. Everything in the middle has been putrid. The screaming eagle right there to the left of this post, just hideous. No idea how that even got past the drawing board.

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 02:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Caps current red sweaters are awesome, but they don't touch the Penns jerseys by a couple of miles.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 02:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491083)
Yeah, I know. You know my post was in jest. Penns usually have great sweaters. The Caps got it right until 1995, and the new alternates. Everything in the middle has been putrid. The screaming eagle right there to the left of this post, just hideous. No idea how that even got past the drawing board.

agreed, the eagle was terrible

i'm not really a fan of the current alternates TBH but they're getting closer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491085)
Caps current red sweaters are awesome, but they don't touch the Penns jerseys by a couple of miles.

why the hell don't the Flyers go back to the black sweaters? so much better than that awful orange crush

the black ones were badass

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 02:59 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491076)
Oh hey look guys, Tim brought up that the Red Wings won the Cup in 1997. He'll probably remind us about 1998 next. Thanks, Tim!

I'm just surprised his latest post wasn't about Stamkos going to Detroit.

barbogast 06-28-2016 03:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I've always thought the Flyers look their best in orange. That bright obnoxious orange color IS the Philadelphia Flyers for me.

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 03:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491089)
agreed, the eagle was terrible

i'm not really a fan of the current alternates TBH but they're getting closer



why the hell don't the Flyers go back to the black sweaters? so much better than that awful orange crush

the black ones were badass

These jerseys were awesome: http://www.nhluniforms.com/Flyers/Flyers09.html

Black was pretty cool too. But I was kind of over them until you just mentioned them.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 03:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491089)
agreed, the eagle was terrible

i'm not really a fan of the current alternates TBH but they're getting closer



why the hell don't the Flyers go back to the black sweaters? so much better than that awful orange crush

the black ones were badass

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491098)
I've always thought the Flyers look their best in orange. That bright obnoxious orange color IS the Philadelphia Flyers for me.

I've always liked the orange too. Black was fine for a 3rd jersey but didn't like them doing it all the time. One thing I don't like about the ones now is the ones now is the white background patch with the black letters. Just think it makes it look cheap.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491094)
I'm just surprised his latest post wasn't about Stamkos going to Detroit.

He's going to TO.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 03:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
the only thing i like about the current Flyers sweaters IS the name plate :lol

it has a nice background story to it

but all black is way more badass IMO...the orange crush looks like something a college would wear (syracuse or OKstate come to mind)

http://img.bluekangaroo.com/images/o...f-45601249.jpg

excitingjae 06-28-2016 03:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Orange is more unique as the Bruins, Kings, Ducks, and Penguins all wear black at home. A few other teams use black as their third jersey too.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 03:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by excitingjae (Post 16491118)
Orange is more unique as the Bruins, Kings, Ducks, and Penguins all wear black at home. A few other teams use black as their third jersey too.

that doesn't make it better


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.