Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 01-15-2014 04:13 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15040674)
Oilers get Ben Scrivens from the Kings for a 3rd round pick.

There is a move I can get behind :thumbsup

That was a quick turnaround.

swordo84 01-15-2014 04:22 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15040678)
That was a quick turnaround.

With Quick back healthy, they have no need for him anymore. Glad he landed in Edmonton. He's got history with Eakins so let's give it a shot for the next 30 games, ya know? If it works out, great re-sign him if not he's a UFA and can let him walk. He's from (a suburb of) Edmonton so I'm sure he likes that he's going home.

His wife on the other hand...
https://twitter.com/JenScrivs/status/412393999152840705

TMoore4075 01-15-2014 04:26 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15040717)
With Quick back healthy, they have no need for him anymore. Glad he landed in Edmonton. He's got history with Eakins so let's give it a shot for the next 30 games, ya know? If it works out, great re-sign him if not he's a UFA and can let him walk. He's from (a suburb of) Edmonton so I'm sure he likes that he's going home.

His wife on the other hand...
https://twitter.com/JenScrivs/status/412393999152840705

And she thought NY and TO were bad....

swordo84 01-15-2014 04:30 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15040733)
And she thought NY and TO were bad....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...s14hRqwY8#t=10

TMoore4075 01-15-2014 04:36 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15040741)

Of course it was him talking. Just a slight bit of irony there.

dmbetc 01-15-2014 04:40 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Scrivens is great! Hope he works out there. I knew they were going to dump him and stick with Jones.

mr.MikeD 01-15-2014 04:40 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
hey, it's sunny and in the positive temperatures here today. Crazy windy though.

Finally a move that isn't a head sratcher.

TMoore4075 01-15-2014 04:42 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 15040780)
hey, it's sunny and in the positive temperatures here today. Crazy windy though.

Just use Fahrenheit and it'll be even warmer.

~Crashintome89~ 01-15-2014 04:51 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Mrs. Scrivens will never touch the smokeshow that Mrs. Reimer is.

TMoore4075 01-15-2014 05:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15040820)
Mrs. Scrivens will never touch the smokeshow that Mrs. Reimer is.

Nope or Elisha Cuthbert.

lockman21 01-15-2014 06:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10292437

bradshaw06 01-15-2014 11:29 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
olli maatta. yes.

Dramageek 01-15-2014 11:32 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15041828)
olli maatta. yes.

What a game!

bradshaw06 01-15-2014 11:37 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
lollercaps.

waterboy100 01-16-2014 02:09 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15041844)
lollercaps.

lollercanucks.
they are melting down in fantastic fashion.:bounce:bounce

dmbetc 01-16-2014 02:16 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I really wish there were a Canucks fan in here, it'd be so much more fun.

waterboy100 01-16-2014 02:17 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15042090)
I really wish there were a Canucks fan in here, it'd be so much more fun.

ain't that the truth.
we could use some more west coast fans in general in here.

waterboy100 01-16-2014 02:19 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
9-1?
I hate the ducks but man i love seeing Vancouver melt down like this. its amazing.

TMoore4075 01-16-2014 09:26 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Because it's Bruce behind the bench, and I like him because he says what he feels and seems to have a lot of fun, I keep thinking it's just the regular season. Yes it's a different team than he had with the Caps but Ducks were good last year too and they got bounced early.

bonzo48280 01-16-2014 09:58 AM

The ducks will blow it in the playoffs again, and it will be hilarious.

swordo84 01-16-2014 10:11 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15039291)
Me and Dustin Brown:

http://instagram.com/p/jJBjoXBj8_/

My seats at the game:

http://instagram.com/p/jJCWGhBj9r/

I have other pictures (with Richards/Sutter/etc), but those are the only ones I put on Instagram.

Hows the view of the game being so close to the benches? Did you find you missed much? It seems like a cool spot, but I'd have concerns over what I can and cannont see. Maybe being able to hear all the trash-talk and interactions makes up for it?

Rebecca De Mornay 01-16-2014 10:14 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Sitting down close to the ice is awesome in terms of truly experiencing the speed and physicality of the game but imo it's not as good for actually watching the strategy/plays develop, etc.

In a game where I'm not too invested in the outcome, which was probably the case for Chris, it's fun to sit close.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-16-2014 10:15 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Was watching NHL Network the other night and they were explaining that a lot of goalies have moved towards white pads because it blends in with the mesh of the net and gives the shooter a more difficult time spotting a gap to shoot through.

Maybe everyone knows that but I thought it was kind of interesting.

hailtopitt 01-16-2014 10:20 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15042292)
Was watching NHL Network the other night and they were explaining that a lot of goalies have moved towards white pads because it blends in with the mesh of the net and gives the shooter a more difficult time spotting a gap to shoot through.

Maybe everyone knows that but I thought it was kind of interesting.

yea it's basically the same concept as a sniper using black tape on their stick

blends with the puck making it harder for the goalie to pick up the shot

gamesmanship at it's finest

TMoore4075 01-16-2014 12:30 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I would like to thank Corey Perry for having an awesome night. Helped out my fantasy team a lot.

bonzo48280 01-16-2014 02:52 PM

Quenneville "lost faith" in the 3rd line of Versteeg Handzus and Bickell on Monday. They were a combined 27-3 Corsi on Monday. Geezus. Q DA COACH IS ALWAYS RIGHT

lockman21 01-16-2014 04:07 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15042284)
Hows the view of the game being so close to the benches? Did you find you missed much? It seems like a cool spot, but I'd have concerns over what I can and cannont see. Maybe being able to hear all the trash-talk and interactions makes up for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15042287)
Sitting down close to the ice is awesome in terms of truly experiencing the speed and physicality of the game but imo it's not as good for actually watching the strategy/plays develop, etc.

In a game where I'm not too invested in the outcome, which was probably the case for Chris, it's fun to sit close.

Basically nailed it.

I wouldn't want to sit down there for a Hawks game that has any real significance (i.e. a playoff game), but for a game like that, it was perfect.

lockman21 01-16-2014 04:08 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15043434)
Quenneville "lost faith" in the 3rd line of Versteeg Handzus and Bickell on Monday. They were a combined 27-3 Corsi on Monday. Geezus. Q DA COACH IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Dear God.

Bron Yr Aur 01-16-2014 04:50 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Good God bonzo....Q did not use those words, ESPN Chicago's awful awful writer Scott Powers did. Who knows why Q didn't play them much. 27 -3 Corsi looks good but perhaps they were matched up against Colorado's 4th line all night. Would make sense if Q benched them toward the end of the game if that were the case.

Plus 2/3 of that line is actually pretty terrible.

bonzo48280 01-16-2014 05:00 PM

@ChrisKuc: #Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said he "lost a little bit of faith" in the third line vs. Avalanche the other night.

@BrianHedger: In regard to barely playing 3rd line late in game vs #Avs Q said he might've "lost faith" in that group as the game progressed. #Blackhawks

@MarkLazerus: Joel Quenneville on the third line the other night: "I lost a little faith in it" as the game wore on. #Blackhawks

Should I keep going?

No evidence to support them all being under 10 minutes, especially Versteeg and Bickell. They dominated possession, which is the Hawks game.

bonzo48280 01-16-2014 05:01 PM

Or is Corsi another stat that doesn't count? Are there any stats that matter besides points?

Bron Yr Aur 01-16-2014 05:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Well I take that back then. It does seem odd.

But all coaches do dumb coach-y things. Q does fewer of those things than most. Playing Bollig & Zus every game is one of those things.

Also, I love Corsi. But throwing out 27-3 without context is not a great way to make your point, especially because a lot of folks reject it.

bonzo48280 01-16-2014 05:10 PM

Reject it all you want, the Hawks 3rd line dominated possession Monday night. What made him "lose faith?" Aaaaaand of course, nobody asks why. They just accepted whatever he says

Rebecca De Mornay 01-16-2014 05:26 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I can't believe you guys bash a guy that just won a cup and again has arguable the best team in the NHL :lol

I pray for those kinds of problems.

TMoore4075 01-16-2014 05:31 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15043964)
I can't believe you guys bash a guy that just won a cup and again has arguable the best team in the NHL :lol

I pray for those kinds of problems.

It happens. I see it from Wings fans all the time. More about Ken Holland than Mike Babcock. I stay away from most sites other than here to talk hockey. I'm sure Wings fans are bitching. Totally forgetting that they've had a shit ton of injuries and are still without Datsyuk, Franzen, Helm and Alfie tonight. Ya know? No one important.

bonzo48280 01-16-2014 05:34 PM

I just don't like how I'm absolutely not allowed to question anything he does, no matter what BECAUSE HES DA COACH HES WON TWO CUPS

Rebecca De Mornay 01-16-2014 05:38 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15043986)
It happens. I see it from Wings fans all the time. More about Ken Holland than Mike Babcock. I stay away from most sites other than here to talk hockey. I'm sure Wings fans are bitching. Totally forgetting that they've had a shit ton of injuries and are still without Datsyuk, Franzen, Helm and Alfie tonight. Ya know? No one important.

:lol agree.

by the way i didn't get to post this because i was banned but Babcock's outfit for the winter classic was nothing short of awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15044000)
I just don't like how I'm absolutely not allowed to question anything he does, no matter what BECAUSE HES DA COACH HES WON TWO CUPS

sounds like a pretty good reason to me.

fonzz41 01-16-2014 06:01 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I had no idea until I saw a graphic during the Avs/Hawks game that Q is 4th ALL TIME on coaching wins. Will easily get to 3rd before the season is out if I'm not mistaken. Crazy.

bonzo48280 01-16-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15044018)
:lol agree.

by the way i didn't get to post this because i was banned but Babcock's outfit for the winter classic was nothing short of awesome.



sounds like a pretty good reason to me.


Torts won a Cup too.

TMoore4075 01-16-2014 08:14 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15044369)
Torts won a Cup too.

Yes 10 years ago. Q won 7 months ago and is # 1 in the West. But good comparison. It's not that you can't question but you criticize him on a regular basis like they're last in the division. They could win 5-1 and you'd criticize him for playing someone too much or not enough.

lockman21 01-16-2014 09:01 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Mike is the new Bron.

Bron has become reasonable and logical.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_xNbVMmIA

Rebecca De Mornay 01-16-2014 09:08 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15044489)
Mike is the new Bron.

Bron has become reasonable and logical.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_xNbVMmIA

I was really hoping this was going to be the Kramer/Jerry personality switch clip from the kenny rogers episode :lol

JRS1386 01-16-2014 09:16 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Insane save by the Nashville goalie

HallowBillies7 01-16-2014 09:57 PM

What the hell is the deal with the guy banging on the glass the whole game in Dallas?

bonzo48280 01-16-2014 10:16 PM

I pretty much complain about Handzus, Bollig, and time management of the top players; nothing I haven't complained about before. Same issues last year too.

bonzo48280 01-16-2014 10:17 PM

Whatever. I don't blindly accept every move a coach makes. You can

bonzo48280 01-16-2014 10:53 PM

The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
You know what it is? It's the media in Chicago. Why don't they ask Q how he "lost faith?" I can't understand why and I just have to trust him.

Last year in the playoffs they separated Kane, Toews and Bickell when they were killing it. It made no sense. Come to find out after the fact that Bickell was hurt or he was trying to keep Bickell away from Chara.

Kane has 0 even strength goals with Zus as his center. Does somebody bring that up? Of course not.

What is wrong with Pirri and Morin? Morin had the highest possession numbers on the team, albeit small sample size, but still. Why do they continue to get the shaft over Bollig?

No one asks questions and that's a pet peeve of mine.

dmbetc 01-16-2014 11:10 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Halak just pulled a Quick.

waterboy100 01-16-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15044748)
Halak just pulled a Quick.

Lol. Looks like this road trip is starting better than the last one.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

efraser77 01-16-2014 11:33 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15044748)
Halak just pulled a Quick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 15044807)
Lol. Looks like this road trip is starting better than the last one.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

You guys see Quick fire the puck at that Blues player after that scrum just now? :lol

dmbetc 01-16-2014 11:38 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
:lol I love Quickie and watching teams meltdown with the Kings.

waterboy100 01-16-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efraser77 (Post 15044815)
You guys see Quick fire the puck at that Blues player after that scrum just now? :lol

I missed that. I'll have to check it later.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

HallowBillies7 01-16-2014 11:48 PM

Bruins and Stars games always seem to get chippy.

waterboy100 01-16-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 15044854)
Bruins and Stars games always seem to get chippy.

That one was on at the bar too. looked like a good game

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

HallowBillies7 01-16-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 15044863)
That one was on at the bar too. looked like a good game

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk


So far so good. Lehtonen has been fantastic for the Stars, really fun to watch.

mr.MikeD 01-17-2014 12:47 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Welcome to the oilers Scrivens. Your GAA is going no where but up!

lockman21 01-17-2014 03:54 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15044721)
You know what it is? It's the media in Chicago. Why don't they ask Q how he "lost faith?" I can't understand why and I just have to trust him.

Last year in the playoffs they separated Kane, Toews and Bickell when they were killing it. It made no sense. Come to find out after the fact that Bickell was hurt or he was trying to keep Bickell away from Chara.

Kane has 0 even strength goals with Zus as his center. Does somebody bring that up? Of course not.

What is wrong with Pirri and Morin? Morin had the highest possession numbers on the team, albeit small sample size, but still. Why do they continue to get the shaft over Bollig?

No one asks questions and that's a pet peeve of mine.

1) It's not the media's job to try and coach for Quenneville. You honestly believe that Q doesn't know that stat about Kaner? You think because some schmuck that's never played hockey in his life that has a microphone in Q's face says that and all the sudden Q will say "HOLY SHIT REALLY?! NEVER AGAIN WILL THEY SKATE TOGETHER!!"

2) Why is it our fucking business to know why Q lost faith? It's not. Who honestly gives a shit about the media? Who?

3) Pirri is injured. The fact that you don't even know that at this point says a lot.

4) This is what I hate HATE HATE HATE about fucking Corsi and Fenwick. It makes people look at these fucking numbers and draw ridiculous conclusions based on that. Yes, Corsi and Fenwick have their place. More than + fuckin' - does. BUT, every stat needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Just because Morin had a solid Corsi doesn't mean he was doing the job Q needed him to do or was asking him to do. Which leads me to:

5) This is a hard concept that lots of new fans can't seem to grasp, but in today's NHL, more so than ever before, you need to build a team where players play ROLES. This isn't an all-star team, and can't be. You need guys like Bollig, like Kruger, etc. Bollig isn't there to score goals or be an offensive force. That's not his fucking job. His job isn't to control the puck, or shutdown Stamkos. It's to bring an edge to the team that is made up of 95% straight edge players. You think Saad, or Bickell, or Kruger is going to lay out a big hit when the team needs a jolt? Or drop the gloves if some guy is taking liberties with Patrick Kane? No. Bollig plays his role extremely well, is rarely if EVER out of place defensively, and yeah can rarely score goals. Even the 2010 team had Eager and Burish. Let's not be idiots and pretend like guys like Shawn Thornton and Brandon Bollig are some new concept to winning hockey squads.

6) Bickell WAS hurt and Q was worried about his potential to slow down that line. You wanna know how bad he was hurt? He's still wearing knee braces because of the injury he sustained in the last game of the WCF. He's playing hurt right now. He only scored one goal in the SCF (albeit an important one), and was largely invisible. It was the right call.

7) I'm not positive about how long you've been a fan, but based on your posts about Seabrook and Q lately, I'm going to go ahead and assume you weren't around for much of the Steve Sullivan/Arnason/Ruutu days. But lemme fill you in on a little secret...this franchise was fucked. More ways than one. The diehard Blackhawk fans were 1000000x more positive they would never see a Stanley Cup champ for the rest of their lives than even the most diehard Chicago Cub fan is about the possibility of seeing a World Series. To say the fanbase was in shambles would be painting a beautiful picture compared to what it actually was. Then this man takes over for Savard and not only brings this organization back to life, but brings it two Stanley Cups in 4 years, creates a winning atmosphere, and makes Chicago THE destination for NHL free agents. 6-7 years ago Tallon literally had to beg free agents to come here by handing out absolutely insane contracts because no one fucking wanted to be here, now guys are praying to end up in Chicago. Obviously it was more than just him that had a part in that, but he's played a huge part. Is the guy flawless? No, he has some head scratchers (his love for Kopecky comes to mind), but he's one of the best hockey coaches in the world (and all-time). Do I understand what his love is for Zeus? No. Not at all. But I do understand that there is a method to this man's madness, and considering where this organization is, I don't question it. No need to be a spoiled brat about a couple losses and start questioning the coach of a team that over the past 4 years has done things that no other organization can come even close to since the salary cap has been put in place. Understand that he has access to a hell of a lot more information, knowledge, etc. than we do, and that his track record basically says that he knows what the fuck he's doing.

Sorry, but it pisses me right off when people have the gall to bitch about things like Q using short sighted stats as their backup when 7 years ago I literally dreamed about having a team like this at a fucking bare bones empty United Center.

When you've coached a NHL team to a couple Stanley Cups, have almost 700 career regular season wins and almost 100 post season wins...then feel free to question the man. Hell, if you coached a bantam team to 10 wins then feel free to scratch your head. Until then, sit back, relax, smile, and enjoy one of the greatest hockey teams in the world that has a real legit chance to win it's 3rd Stanley Cup in 5 years in the salary cap era. Or, ya know, go root for some Chicago baseball team if all you want to do is complain. I'm sure there will be plenty there to keep you busy.

lockman21 01-17-2014 03:55 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 15044951)
Welcome to the oilers Scrivens. Your GAA is going no where but up!

Did you see the sound off he had on Twitter with that reporter?

bonzo48280 01-17-2014 05:53 AM

Nothing quite like being told how to be a fan of a team I've watched my whole life. I'll just think whatever you think.

The Committed Indian, Cheer the Anthem, Jay Zawaski and a bunch of others....I'll stop reading them. I don't pull these opinions out of the sky; they're out there all over the place.

aeroshady 01-17-2014 09:39 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15045091)
1) It's not the media's job to try and coach for Quenneville. You honestly believe that Q doesn't know that stat about Kaner? You think because some schmuck that's never played hockey in his life that has a microphone in Q's face says that and all the sudden Q will say "HOLY SHIT REALLY?! NEVER AGAIN WILL THEY SKATE TOGETHER!!"

2) Why is it our fucking business to know why Q lost faith? It's not. Who honestly gives a shit about the media? Who?

3) Pirri is injured. The fact that you don't even know that at this point says a lot.

4) This is what I hate HATE HATE HATE about fucking Corsi and Fenwick. It makes people look at these fucking numbers and draw ridiculous conclusions based on that. Yes, Corsi and Fenwick have their place. More than + fuckin' - does. BUT, every stat needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Just because Morin had a solid Corsi doesn't mean he was doing the job Q needed him to do or was asking him to do. Which leads me to:

5) This is a hard concept that lots of new fans can't seem to grasp, but in today's NHL, more so than ever before, you need to build a team where players play ROLES. This isn't an all-star team, and can't be. You need guys like Bollig, like Kruger, etc. Bollig isn't there to score goals or be an offensive force. That's not his fucking job. His job isn't to control the puck, or shutdown Stamkos. It's to bring an edge to the team that is made up of 95% straight edge players. You think Saad, or Bickell, or Kruger is going to lay out a big hit when the team needs a jolt? Or drop the gloves if some guy is taking liberties with Patrick Kane? No. Bollig plays his role extremely well, is rarely if EVER out of place defensively, and yeah can rarely score goals. Even the 2010 team had Eager and Burish. Let's not be idiots and pretend like guys like Shawn Thornton and Brandon Bollig are some new concept to winning hockey squads.

6) Bickell WAS hurt and Q was worried about his potential to slow down that line. You wanna know how bad he was hurt? He's still wearing knee braces because of the injury he sustained in the last game of the WCF. He's playing hurt right now. He only scored one goal in the SCF (albeit an important one), and was largely invisible. It was the right call.

7) I'm not positive about how long you've been a fan, but based on your posts about Seabrook and Q lately, I'm going to go ahead and assume you weren't around for much of the Steve Sullivan/Arnason/Ruutu days. But lemme fill you in on a little secret...this franchise was fucked. More ways than one. The diehard Blackhawk fans were 1000000x more positive they would never see a Stanley Cup champ for the rest of their lives than even the most diehard Chicago Cub fan is about the possibility of seeing a World Series. To say the fanbase was in shambles would be painting a beautiful picture compared to what it actually was. Then this man takes over for Savard and not only brings this organization back to life, but brings it two Stanley Cups in 4 years, creates a winning atmosphere, and makes Chicago THE destination for NHL free agents. 6-7 years ago Tallon literally had to beg free agents to come here by handing out absolutely insane contracts because no one fucking wanted to be here, now guys are praying to end up in Chicago. Obviously it was more than just him that had a part in that, but he's played a huge part. Is the guy flawless? No, he has some head scratchers (his love for Kopecky comes to mind), but he's one of the best hockey coaches in the world (and all-time). Do I understand what his love is for Zeus? No. Not at all. But I do understand that there is a method to this man's madness, and considering where this organization is, I don't question it. No need to be a spoiled brat about a couple losses and start questioning the coach of a team that over the past 4 years has done things that no other organization can come even close to since the salary cap has been put in place. Understand that he has access to a hell of a lot more information, knowledge, etc. than we do, and that his track record basically says that he knows what the fuck he's doing.

Sorry, but it pisses me right off when people have the gall to bitch about things like Q using short sighted stats as their backup when 7 years ago I literally dreamed about having a team like this at a fucking bare bones empty United Center.

When you've coached a NHL team to a couple Stanley Cups, have almost 700 career regular season wins and almost 100 post season wins...then feel free to question the man. Hell, if you coached a bantam team to 10 wins then feel free to scratch your head. Until then, sit back, relax, smile, and enjoy one of the greatest hockey teams in the world that has a real legit chance to win it's 3rd Stanley Cup in 5 years in the salary cap era. Or, ya know, go root for some Chicago baseball team if all you want to do is complain. I'm sure there will be plenty there to keep you busy.

I see the points you are trying to make. No doubt the Blackhawks have done amazing things from where they were ten years ago....like get on tv for example. However, the bolded is where I have issues. Yes the Hawks have won 2 cups, but to say no other team has even come close is just false. The Bruins have had a very similar success story from where they were. When I first moved to Boston I remember going to opening night against Calgary to a very empty arena. Now when I go back up to Boston I need to order tickets well in advance. On top of that, they were very close to being the team with two cups in 4 years.


Anyway, the Rangers have really started to turn towards the good finally! Hank is back to his old self I see.

swordo84 01-17-2014 09:49 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15045092)
Did you see the sound off he had on Twitter with that reporter?

:lol Yeah he's just a little pissed. I would be too if I had to play for the Oilers though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by @scrivens_30
Hey @AVPreports, classy move writing a slam story by cherry-picking tweets my wife sent to make it seem like she doesn't like Edmonton. You're gutless. And to those of you who commented on the article or tweeted at her about how she's lazy (even though she's not in Edmonton now because she has a fulltime job in LA she can't just up and leave) or that she married rich (even though we got married while I was playing in the AHL) or that she's dumb (she's an Ivy League and graduate school grad), just know I'm embarrassed I am to say that you are an Edmontonian. Way to make my family feel welcome.


TMoore4075 01-17-2014 10:36 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15045091)
1) It's not the media's job to try and coach for Quenneville. You honestly believe that Q doesn't know that stat about Kaner? You think because some schmuck that's never played hockey in his life that has a microphone in Q's face says that and all the sudden Q will say "HOLY SHIT REALLY?! NEVER AGAIN WILL THEY SKATE TOGETHER!!"

2) Why is it our fucking business to know why Q lost faith? It's not. Who honestly gives a shit about the media? Who?

3) Pirri is injured. The fact that you don't even know that at this point says a lot.

4) This is what I hate HATE HATE HATE about fucking Corsi and Fenwick. It makes people look at these fucking numbers and draw ridiculous conclusions based on that. Yes, Corsi and Fenwick have their place. More than + fuckin' - does. BUT, every stat needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Just because Morin had a solid Corsi doesn't mean he was doing the job Q needed him to do or was asking him to do. Which leads me to:

5) This is a hard concept that lots of new fans can't seem to grasp, but in today's NHL, more so than ever before, you need to build a team where players play ROLES. This isn't an all-star team, and can't be. You need guys like Bollig, like Kruger, etc. Bollig isn't there to score goals or be an offensive force. That's not his fucking job. His job isn't to control the puck, or shutdown Stamkos. It's to bring an edge to the team that is made up of 95% straight edge players. You think Saad, or Bickell, or Kruger is going to lay out a big hit when the team needs a jolt? Or drop the gloves if some guy is taking liberties with Patrick Kane? No. Bollig plays his role extremely well, is rarely if EVER out of place defensively, and yeah can rarely score goals. Even the 2010 team had Eager and Burish. Let's not be idiots and pretend like guys like Shawn Thornton and Brandon Bollig are some new concept to winning hockey squads.

6) Bickell WAS hurt and Q was worried about his potential to slow down that line. You wanna know how bad he was hurt? He's still wearing knee braces because of the injury he sustained in the last game of the WCF. He's playing hurt right now. He only scored one goal in the SCF (albeit an important one), and was largely invisible. It was the right call.

7) I'm not positive about how long you've been a fan, but based on your posts about Seabrook and Q lately, I'm going to go ahead and assume you weren't around for much of the Steve Sullivan/Arnason/Ruutu days. But lemme fill you in on a little secret...this franchise was fucked. More ways than one. The diehard Blackhawk fans were 1000000x more positive they would never see a Stanley Cup champ for the rest of their lives than even the most diehard Chicago Cub fan is about the possibility of seeing a World Series. To say the fanbase was in shambles would be painting a beautiful picture compared to what it actually was. Then this man takes over for Savard and not only brings this organization back to life, but brings it two Stanley Cups in 4 years, creates a winning atmosphere, and makes Chicago THE destination for NHL free agents. 6-7 years ago Tallon literally had to beg free agents to come here by handing out absolutely insane contracts because no one fucking wanted to be here, now guys are praying to end up in Chicago. Obviously it was more than just him that had a part in that, but he's played a huge part. Is the guy flawless? No, he has some head scratchers (his love for Kopecky comes to mind), but he's one of the best hockey coaches in the world (and all-time). Do I understand what his love is for Zeus? No. Not at all. But I do understand that there is a method to this man's madness, and considering where this organization is, I don't question it. No need to be a spoiled brat about a couple losses and start questioning the coach of a team that over the past 4 years has done things that no other organization can come even close to since the salary cap has been put in place. Understand that he has access to a hell of a lot more information, knowledge, etc. than we do, and that his track record basically says that he knows what the fuck he's doing.

Sorry, but it pisses me right off when people have the gall to bitch about things like Q using short sighted stats as their backup when 7 years ago I literally dreamed about having a team like this at a fucking bare bones empty United Center.

When you've coached a NHL team to a couple Stanley Cups, have almost 700 career regular season wins and almost 100 post season wins...then feel free to question the man. Hell, if you coached a bantam team to 10 wins then feel free to scratch your head. Until then, sit back, relax, smile, and enjoy one of the greatest hockey teams in the world that has a real legit chance to win it's 3rd Stanley Cup in 5 years in the salary cap era. Or, ya know, go root for some Chicago baseball team if all you want to do is complain. I'm sure there will be plenty there to keep you busy.

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup Especially the last part. I know hockey pretty well, but I'm a fan. I might wonder why Babcock or Holland do what they do, but I have complete faith in them. Why? Duh. Yeah things don't always work out when they, or anyone, makes a move, either a coach in game or GM with a trade/signing. Also as fans we tend to get pretty emotional. We get too high and too low at times. I remember after the first loss to the Hawks in the playoffs, fans and media were freaking out. I'll never forget Babcock's presser the following day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-rWykEgGM

And to any Hawks fans bitching right now, I will, at least in the short term, trade spots with you. My team hasn't had ONE game all year, where they everyone was in the lineup. Getting closer, but they were close a month or so ago too and then lose someone else.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-17-2014 10:40 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Agree with Lockman.

Bozo wrong about basically everything.

Predicted that the Blues wouldn't make the playoffs :lol, Springsteen fan, enough said.

This is why there should an NHL thread... and a blackhawks thread.

Roose13 01-17-2014 10:42 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15045091)
1) It's not the media's job to try and coach for Quenneville. You honestly believe that Q doesn't know that stat about Kaner? You think because some schmuck that's never played hockey in his life that has a microphone in Q's face says that and all the sudden Q will say "HOLY SHIT REALLY?! NEVER AGAIN WILL THEY SKATE TOGETHER!!"

2) Why is it our fucking business to know why Q lost faith? It's not. Who honestly gives a shit about the media? Who?

:shrug:shrug

Reporters are just doing their job. I'm sorry you don't understand.

bonzo48280 01-17-2014 10:50 AM

Hahahaha when did I say Blues weren't making the playoffs? I did.....last year.

It's obviously amazing the position the Blackhawks are in, but does that mean they can't be better? No.

I won't question Lord Quenneville again though.

swordo84 01-17-2014 10:56 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I wish the Oilers were half as good as the Hawks.

All ya'lls complaining falls on deaf ears over here :P

Rebecca De Mornay 01-17-2014 11:06 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 14821758)
Everyone can have whatever opinion they want but mine is that STL is coming off the rails this year. They'll make the playoffs but the Hawks are gonna coast through what is now a joke division.

A lot of people had STL winning the cup last year, I had them nowhere near it. The Hawks are gonna roll that division.

ok you did have them in the playoffs but still a pretty poor prediction

bonzo48280 01-17-2014 11:13 AM

I won't try to determine what could make the Hawks a better team either.

HallowBillies7 01-17-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15045363)
I wish the Oilers were half as good as the Hawks.

All ya'lls complaining falls on deaf ears over here :P


I've been meaning to ask an Oilers fan, how's Ference been doing? I miss him in the spoked B.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-17-2014 11:18 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
:lol swordo I hate to remind you of this but on those same pages where bonzo was predicting the west would be weak you were arguing with him that the oilers were a playoff contender

swordo84 01-17-2014 11:20 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 15045420)
I've been meaning to ask an Oilers fan, how's Ference been doing? I miss him in the spoked B.

To be honest, he's been pretty unnoticeable. Which isn't a bad thing for a d-man in my opinion. I don't catch a lot of games because I live in Ontario and don't have the CentreIce package, but from what I've seen I like. I mentioned a page or two ago that I consider him one of the very few untouchables on the team, trade-wise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15045431)
:lol swordo I hate to remind you of this but on those same pages where bonzo was predicting the west would be weak you were arguing with him that the oilers were a playoff contender

I do a lot of drugs. :lol Seriously though, on paper, at the beginning of the year, under ideal circumstances, and if a lot of teams crapped the bed, we had a chance. G'damn they are awful.

Can't wait to say the same thing next year. :thumbsup

TMoore4075 01-17-2014 11:24 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Remember when everyone was saying how much easier it would be to make the playoffs in the West just because it had fewer teams?

swordo84 01-17-2014 11:26 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Too late to edit; For fun, was just looking at the +/- of the Oilers. Our best (for a regular player) is a 0 (Ryan Jones), and the worst being a -31 (Yakupov). Ference is middle of the pack at -5

-31 is the worst in the entire NHL by a cool 10 pts.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-17-2014 11:26 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15045436)
Can't wait to say the same thing next year. :thumbsup

As a fan of the Buffalo Bills and Columbus Blue Jackets the pre-season potential is one of the best things about sports :lol

TMoore4075 01-17-2014 11:29 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15045462)
As a fan of the Buffalo Bills and Columbus Blue Jackets the pre-season potential is one of the best things about sports :lol

Everyone is a contender then. Go Lions! lol

fonzz41 01-17-2014 11:32 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Nice post, Chris. Not gonna quote it all, but agree with your points. Mike, Chris isn't saying you can't question Q or that you have to agree with everything he says. But with his track record and with the lack of knowledge we have of what's going on behind the scenes, give the greatest mustache in all of sports some credit.
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15045363)
I wish the Oilers were half as good as the Hawks.

All ya'lls complaining falls on deaf ears over here :P

:thumbsup:thumbsup
Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 15045420)
I've been meaning to ask an Oilers fan, how's Ference been doing? I miss him in the spoked B.

Not really an Oilers fan, but in the games I've watched he's looked ok. Even a pearl doesn't look that great when it's embedded in a pile of shit though (sorry swordo :shrug). He was never an all star, but as you know he's a solid, team first guy who's a good example for the youngsters and stays in touch with the community. They can't ask for much more of him at this point. I agree with what swordo says below. NOT noticing a stay-at-home d-man is usually one of the better indicators that he's doing well.
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15045436)
To be honest, he's been pretty unnoticeable. Which isn't a bad thing for a d-man in my opinion. I don't catch a lot of games because I live in Ontario and don't have the CentreIce package, but from what I've seen I like. I mentioned a page or two ago that I consider him one of the very few untouchables on the team, trade-wise.

I do a lot of drugs. :lol Seriously though, on paper, at the beginning of the year, under ideal circumstances, and if a lot of teams crapped the bed, we had a chance. G'damn they are awful.

Totally man. :thumbsup By all accounts based on talent and the depth chart, this Oilers team should be sniffing at a playoff spot right now. I could've named a couple deficiencies before the season started that needed to be addressed, and I certainly didn't think they'd win the Cup or anything, but this bad? No way would I have predicted that.

swordo84 01-17-2014 11:33 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
I'm not one to put a whole lot of stock into the +/- of guys as it's a very misleading stat but if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck...well, you've got yourself a shitty-ass team!

TMoore4075 01-17-2014 11:34 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15045489)
I'm not one to put a whole lot of stock into the +/- of guys as it's a very misleading stat but if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck...well, you've got yourself a shitty-ass team!

It can be misleading. But yeah, if you've got that many guys in the minus....

fonzz41 01-17-2014 11:37 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Ant, if you're reading, I REALLY enjoyed the Avs/Devils game yesterday. Much better than I expected. The Devils offense is still pretty anemic, but - as is tradition with the Devils - I was impressed by their team defense, particularly close to the net. The Avs have a penchant for creativity in tight spots around the net, but they were getting zero space from the Devils. The Avs gained the zone quickly, as they usually do with their speed, but were immediately stifled anytime they got close to the slot or face-off dots. Sticks in the lane, guys back-checking, clearing the crease, etc. It didn't matter if Schneider (who had a great game BTW) gave up rebounds, because there was instantly a Devil or two to take care of it. Pity they don't have much of a breakout system, because down low they were doing their job to perfection.

Underrated defenseman boner of the night: Andy Greene. I don't watch a ton of the Devils, so I never noticed just how solid he is. Good in all 3 zones.

swordo84 01-17-2014 11:43 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15045493)
It can be misleading. But yeah, if you've got that many guys in the minus....

I just checked the second-to-last page and there are 3 more Oilers. That's half our fucking team :BANG

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15045486)
Totally man. :thumbsup By all accounts based on talent and the depth chart, this Oilers team should be sniffing at a playoff spot right now. I could've named a couple deficiencies before the season started that needed to be addressed, and I certainly didn't think they'd win the Cup or anything, but this bad? No way would I have predicted that.

Yeah, no one in the NHL thought it was going to be this bad. This team is in for a major overhaul between now and September. Look for 1 or 2 of the young guns (hopefully Yakupov, Gagner, maybe even 'nuge (would get a great return)) to get shipped out for some help on the back end, and the signing of a solid goalie. For the love of god though, please don't trade away Eberle or Hall, that's all I really ask.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-17-2014 11:45 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15045489)
I'm not one to put a whole lot of stock into the +/- of guys as it's a very misleading stat but if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck...well, you've got yourself a shitty-ass team!

:lol oh Tyler Myers.

swordo84 01-17-2014 11:49 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15045526)
:lol oh Tyler Myers.

Dude, a cool 10 pts better than Yak. But yeah, what the hell happened to that guy. He was supposed to be the next.....well, stud d-man.

fonzz41 01-17-2014 11:57 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15045521)
Yeah, no one in the NHL thought it was going to be this bad. This team is in for a major overhaul between now and September. Look for 1 or 2 of the young guns (hopefully Yakupov, Gagner, maybe even 'nuge (would get a great return)) to get shipped out for some help on the back end, and the signing of a solid goalie. For the love of god though, please don't trade away Eberle or Hall, that's all I really ask.

I would totally agree with this. Hall and Eberle are the core pieces and the types of players you want to build around. Yakupov is 100% expendable, and if you really want to make a splash and get that great return, I hate to say it but Nuge is the guy you offer up.

fonzz41 01-17-2014 12:09 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15045526)
:lol oh Tyler Myers.

Such a tenderhearted little boy.

Bron Yr Aur 01-17-2014 12:16 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15045091)
1) It's not the media's job to try and coach for Quenneville. You honestly believe that Q doesn't know that stat about Kaner? You think because some schmuck that's never played hockey in his life that has a microphone in Q's face says that and all the sudden Q will say "HOLY SHIT REALLY?! NEVER AGAIN WILL THEY SKATE TOGETHER!!"

This is a good distinction. If you are a journalist and you are acting like you know better than the coach, that's going to be a quick way to lose access. That said, not many people even just ask tough questions anymore. And guys like Kuc, Scott Powers.....they are pretty awful. They are lapdogs.

Quote:

2) Why is it our fucking business to know why Q lost faith? It's not. Who honestly gives a shit about the media? Who?
I mean Q has no requirement to explain this and it is likely in the Blackhawks' best interest for him not to explain this. But we can speculate and question his motives occasionally.

Quote:

4) This is what I hate HATE HATE HATE about fucking Corsi and Fenwick. It makes people look at these fucking numbers and draw ridiculous conclusions based on that. Yes, Corsi and Fenwick have their place. More than + fuckin' - does. BUT, every stat needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Just because Morin had a solid Corsi doesn't mean he was doing the job Q needed him to do or was asking him to do. Which leads me to:
WHAA???? Hahah. YES, exactly. They do! They do tell you some important things about what players create chances and play with the puck. But bonzo is doing it wrong. Yes Jeremy Morin has good Corsi #'s! That's encouraging. But look at the Corsi of his opponents. It's the lowest on the entire Hawks' team! So yes he is generating chances, but against the weakest players the opposing teams have to offer. And guess who faced the second-weakest quality of competition? Brandon Pirri.

kev87lads 01-17-2014 12:17 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15045489)
I'm not one to put a whole lot of stock into the +/- of guys as it's a very misleading stat but if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck...well, you've got yourself a shitty-ass team!

Unless you're the Ducks.

fonzz41 01-17-2014 12:24 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15045617)
WHAA???? Hahah. YES, exactly. They do! They do tell you some important things about what players create chances and play with the puck. But bonzo is doing it wrong. Yes Jeremy Morin has good Corsi #'s! That's encouraging. But look at the Corsi of his opponents. It's the lowest on the entire Hawks' team! So yes he is generating chances, but against the weakest players the opposing teams have to offer. And guess who faced the second-weakest quality of competition? Brandon Pirri.

Uh oh, Chris. What have you done?!?! :lol

Marty makes a good point here, and something I'm always harping on when it comes to stat followers. You've gotta watch games and take someone's complete situation into account before making judgements on their ability. Furthering his example of Pirri and Morin, people have wondered why Landeskog isn't scoring more (although he's doing a pretty damn good job and some people just need to shut their big yappers! - Matt Foley). But when you watch the Avs play, you notice that who is Landy playing against? Oh yeah, Roy matches him up with the other team's superstars because of his defensive ability. Again, that's why it's so important to actually watch games before simply making a judgement call on a player.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-17-2014 12:30 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15045536)
Dude, a cool 10 pts better than Yak. But yeah, what the hell happened to that guy. He was supposed to be the next.....well, stud d-man.

he went to the wrong team :lol
guy is just soft.

fonzz41 01-17-2014 12:33 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
You know at team parties and stuff, Myers is totally hanging with the player's wives and girlfriends... and not to flirt.

swordo84 01-17-2014 12:33 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15045618)
Unless you're the Ducks.

Touche .

TMoore4075 01-17-2014 02:07 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Still no injured Wings back Saturday. No Datsyuk, no Franzen, no Helm, no Alfie and I guess by that comment from Babcock no Ericsson who was expected to return this weekend....yay. As they fall further and further out.

Roose13 01-17-2014 09:36 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Flyers prospect Anthony Stolarz got cut by a skate tonight. Lost a lot of blood

http://flyers.thecheckingline.com/bl...ate-cut-injury

dmbetc 01-18-2014 12:13 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Love this.

http://www.tsn.ca/reorientation/

~Crashintome89~ 01-18-2014 12:20 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I'm surprised Hawks fans aren't flooding the thread after their precious team gave up two goals TWO GOALS in less than a minute last night. OH THE HUMANITY.

bonzo48280 01-18-2014 12:33 PM

I've never complained about the team. My problem has always been and will always be the absolute no questions asked on every single move Quenneville makes. It's like I'm almost not allowed to debate the team and it possibly being any better at all. I don't have as big of a problem with Quenneville as most of you seem to think, but I do question some of his moves rather loudly that comes off as I hate him or think the team sucks.

Roose13 01-18-2014 01:25 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Mason extended by the Flyers: http://flyers.thecheckingline.com/bl...ie-steve-mason

Roose13 01-18-2014 01:36 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
three years, $12.3 million for Mason. Very reasonable.

aeroshady 01-18-2014 02:08 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15047453)
I've never complained about the team. My problem has always been and will always be the absolute no questions asked on every single move Quenneville makes. It's like I'm almost not allowed to debate the team and it possibly being any better at all. I don't have as big of a problem with Quenneville as most of you seem to think, but I do question some of his moves rather loudly that comes off as I hate him or think the team sucks.

I just think people are really confused or slightly put off at any Hawks fan that is seriously criticizing the coach of a team that just won 2 cups in 4 years and has made playoff runs consistently every other year.

Yes, as a fan it is natural for you to want your team to be the absolute best they can be. However, for fans of every other team....we just don't want to hear it from a fan of a team that has won the damn cup twice in 4 years.

Reminds me of listening to NY sports radio and hearing Giants fans and Yankees fans complain how hard the times are with their teams sucking. REALLY??

TMoore4075 01-18-2014 02:16 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
The length of the deal is ok, not sure on the $. That's a pretty big raise for a guy who hasn't done much recently. He's been pretty good this year but the last few years? I understand it becomes risk. If you don't sign him, someone else does and who knows what you get stuck with. Going to be getting almost 3x what he's making now. He's making as much as Schneider, more than Niemi and starting getting close to Fleury. Should have been closer to 3mil in my opinion.

bonzo48280 01-18-2014 02:24 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15047538)
I just think people are really confused or slightly put off at any Hawks fan that is seriously criticizing the coach of a team that just won 2 cups in 4 years and has made playoff runs consistently every other year.

Yes, as a fan it is natural for you to want your team to be the absolute best they can be. However, for fans of every other team....we just don't want to hear it from a fan of a team that has won the damn cup twice in 4 years.

Reminds me of listening to NY sports radio and hearing Giants fans and Yankees fans complain how hard the times are with their teams sucking. REALLY??

Yeah, that's a good point. Sorry about all that.

While it's been an incredible 4 years, we're in this year now and have to win this years Stanley Cup, so I'm still going to debate what's best for the Hawks as a team. I guess my delivery will be a tad different from here on out.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.