Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 11:51 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16779578)

That was the Caps best punch and it barely got them a win with no 87 in the lineup.

I think we have yet to see the Caps best punch. They have played a complete game all playoffs yet

barbogast 05-02-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16779709)
Wait... Rob Rossi works for the Pens now?

I don't think so? :confused

Dramageek 05-02-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16779711)
I think we have yet to see the Caps best punch. They have played a complete game all playoffs yet

I'm willing to believe you on this because of the fascinating fact that, of the 5 games they've won so far, only one has been won in regulation.

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

No he has his own website I guess?

Why do the Penns still give him credentials?

He reminds me of the reporter in Entourage who gives Drama a bad review. Let me see if I can find the clip, it's classic

Dramageek 05-02-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

No, he's trying to be like Dejan Kovacevic and started his own website. Because he's a tool, nobody cared, so he wrote an inflammatory article to try to get hits.

barbogast 05-02-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16779720)
No, he's trying to be like Dejan Kovacevic and started his own website. Because he's a tool, nobody cared, so he wrote an inflammatory article to try to get hits.

Sadly I gave him one. What a shit piece of writing.

bradshaw06 05-02-2017 12:01 PM

Yea he is a troll.

Roose13 05-02-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16779708)
Wow yeah the Pens reporter is a real fuckstain huh. What the fuck is with that promo he cut. That was so bizarre.

Quote:

I don't think he means he actually works for the Pens. I'm technically a Flyers reporter if I ever am on assignment because it's my beat.

Roose13 05-02-2017 12:06 PM

And I saw the video of the presser. Rossi is just being a homer troll. Won't even read this garbage column people are talking about it.

As for the hit, I don't know. I don't think Niskanen tried to hit Crosby in the head intentionally. He saw Crosby was careening toward him after Sid's contact with Ovechkin and put his hands out to cushion the collision.

salrx95 05-02-2017 12:19 PM

Twitter can be hysterical. Can't believe I only just joined in August.

https://twitter.com/Benstonium/statu...10921243287552

jrkarger 05-02-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16779729)
I don't think he means he actually works for the Pens. I'm technically a Flyers reporter if I ever am on assignment because it's my beat.

Got it. I misunderstood Barb's post then.

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 12:44 PM

Niskanen not getting a hearing. No surprise there

dmbmuskie 05-02-2017 12:59 PM

Rossi is right, and if Sid took out another Top 5 player people would be calling for his head.

barbogast 05-02-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 16779769)
Rossi is right, and if Sid took out another Top 5 player people would be calling for his head.

Ovie didn't "take him out" though

dmbmuskie 05-02-2017 01:10 PM

Bullshit.

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16779711)

They played a complete game last night, it was their best of the playoffs. They couldve won by more but MAF stoned them. Down 0-2 to your rival after dropping both games at home, yeah last night was the best youre gonna get.

I wont give you a hard time though because I know youre just being optimistic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16779720)

Yeah, this exactly. Fuck him.

Roose13 05-02-2017 01:19 PM

Go back to the NFL Thread and troll there, musikie

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16779737)
Twitter can be hysterical. Can't believe I only just joined in August.

https://twitter.com/Benstonium/statu...10921243287552

hockey twitter is the best.

barbogast 05-02-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 16779773)
Bullshit.

Solid argument

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16779777)
They played a complete game last night, it was their best of the playoffs. They couldve won by more but MAF stoned them. Down 0-2 to your rival after dropping both games at home, yeah last night was the best youre gonna get.

I wont give you a hard time though because I know youre just being optimistic.

I think you're confusing Holtby actually showing up with the Caps playing a complete game.

They got very little sifnificAnt pressure offensively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradshaw06 05-02-2017 01:43 PM

All you need to know about rossi is his site is called upgruv

barbogast 05-02-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16779803)
I think you're confusing Holtby actually showing up with the Caps playing a complete game.

They got very little sifnificAnt pressure offensively

Gotta agree here. The Caps can certainly be better. That was not their best game. They had a lot of chances but not a whole lot of truly sustained pressure. It was probably one of their better efforts this post season, but they can still be better. Solid play from all four lines pretty much though. Line 2 is really rolling right now.

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 02:11 PM

I guess I meant that more as the Caps finally got to their game. Even though game 1 was close, they were not playing their style of hockey, last night they did. They can be better in the offensive zone for sure, but nothing in these playoffs so far suggest anything than them at best being marginally better than they were last night.

TMoore4075 05-02-2017 02:13 PM

I thought for the most part, Holtby actually looked like Holtby. For most of the playoffs so far he hasn't looked like the game stopper. I think so much of their issues can be traced to this being mental. I mean the Caps have the history going back years but now even in the Ovie era you are on year number 9 (I'm using 2008 as the start since that was the first year he made the playoffs). so 9 years of not being able to get the job done can start to wear on you.

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16779826)
I guess I meant that more as the Caps finally got to their game. Even though game 1 was close, they were not playing their style of hockey, last night they did. They can be better in the offensive zone for sure, but nothing in these playoffs so far suggest anything than them at best being marginally better than they were last night.

To give you a point of reference, when the Caps beat the Penns 7-1 back in November, that was the Caps at their best. So when you see a game mirror that, you know Caps are at their best

barbogast 05-02-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16779832)
To give you a point of reference, when the Caps beat the Penns 7-1 back in November, that was the Caps at their best. So when you see a game mirror that, you know Caps are at their best

Yeah, but that's regular season in November. TLP isn't wrong that so far they haven't shown they are capable of playing at that level in the playoffs.

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16779836)
Yeah, but that's regular season in November. TLP isn't wrong that so far they haven't shown they are capable of playing at that level in the playoffs.

Not at all. They need to ASAP. Need that mental edge to just finish a team off when they're on the ropes. Or as Trotz said last series, 'Push them off the cliff when you have the chance'

TMoore4075 05-02-2017 02:20 PM

Crosby does have a concussion. Sounds weird, but I was really hoping it was more the leg because we all know his history and who knows how it goes. Franzen has barely played in 3 years now.

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 02:20 PM

Conuccsion for Sid

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 02:23 PM

Concussion for Sheary as well

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 02:26 PM

So glad no leg issues. Dude is like gumby from the waist down. Ruled out for tomorrow. Sullivan said Sid is upbeat and he is hopeful he will be back in a timely fashion.

barbogast 05-02-2017 02:35 PM

Wow. It sucks to think of it like this if your a Pens fan but the Caps are probably never gonna get an easier chance to take out the Pens. They are really beaten up here.

bradshaw06 05-02-2017 02:38 PM

Awful. Hope he can come back and be effective.

fonzz41 05-02-2017 02:48 PM

Couldn't stop laughing at this:

https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/859434745817702403

Orpik: You know I can see you guys, right? :lol

fonzz41 05-02-2017 02:50 PM

fonzz41 05-02-2017 02:54 PM

fonzz41 05-02-2017 02:56 PM

^ Guys, can you tell I couldn't stop laughing at that?

Roose13 05-02-2017 02:59 PM

If your solid laughing lasts more than four minutes, Matty, immediately call a doctor.

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16779885)

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This is fucking priceless

fonzz41 05-02-2017 03:02 PM

Always interesting to get the perspective from Kerry Fraser (a demi-god to a ref like me) on the Crosby/Ovechkin/Niskanen incident, and on "hitting to hurt" in the playoffs:

http://ckstam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-63?smc=10

fonzz41 05-02-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16779891)
If your solid laughing lasts more than four minutes, Matty, immediately call a doctor.

Yeah... the time stamps. on my posts. I just kept laughing... and laughing... and laughing.

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16779851)
Dude is like gumby from the waist down.

Annnddd, how would you describe him from the waist up?

barbogast 05-02-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16779885)

:lol that's great

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16779861)
Wow. It sucks to think of it like this if your a Pens fan but the Caps are probably never gonna get an easier chance to take out the Pens. They are really beaten up here.

Which is why the Caps might as well just blow up the franchise and move to another city if they lose this series.

TMoore4075 05-02-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16779861)

I said it last night, if Caps can't take advantage, they don't deserve it. I mean you want it to be difficult but if you have this opportunity you need to seize it. Matty will understand my reference to the 2001 Blues. They got to go up against the Avs with Forsberg in the WCF's and the Blues were playing well going into that series. The Avs still won in 5 games. You werne't gonna get a better shot than that, imo.

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16779894)
Always interesting to get the perspective from Kerry Fraser (a demi-god to a ref like me) on the Crosby/Ovechkin/Niskanen incident, and on "hitting to hurt" in the playoffs:

http://ckstam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-63?smc=10

I think all the sane people agree that the play was a very unfortunate accident and Crosby just saw the bad end of variance on that play.

Maata's crosscheck on Burakovsky into the boards was delivered with intent and much more force. Luckily he was ok.

Winnik was checked from behind by Malkin. Luckily he was ok on that, but he could have easily been injured.

I don't think players have the intent to hurt, but in the playoffs the adrenaline is running faster and thus the hits are delivered harder

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 03:21 PM

Also, the dirtiest hit of the night came from Hornqvist and happened on his own player. Serious question, why isn't Hornqvist being questioned for possible suspension. Just because it was friendly fire doesn't mean he still didn't level a hit that caused injury to a player

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16779908)
Which is why the Caps might as well just blow up the franchise and move to another city if they lose this series.

I rather take my chances being up 2-1 w/o our star player, than be down 2-1 facing a team w/o their star player

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 03:32 PM

Excellent piece here by Ken Campbell on the situation and culture of violence in the NHL

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...-on-crosby-hit

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 03:46 PM

New banner the caps can put up

https://twitter.com/matt_taylor66/st...75159807389696

bradshaw06 05-02-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16779937)
Excellent piece here by Ken Campbell on the situation and culture of violence in the NHL

No surprise the comments are all of the knuckle dragger variety.

lockman21 05-02-2017 04:37 PM

If the Caps blow this series, they really just need to dissolve and come back as a new team in Seattle.

TMoore4075 05-02-2017 04:49 PM

I didn't read it until now cause it's fucking Campbell and he's a douche. He's suggesting the Caps idea was to hurt Crosby and take him out of the series? Niskanen went unpunished? Except for a 5 minute major and missing pretty much that entire game. Now you can argue if she should be suspended but lets not act like he got 2 minutes and Niskanen is some no name player. Comparing this to the Graves? Graves taking a two-hander to Mario is the same as this? So Niskanen knew in that split second that Sid would fall and he'd be able to get his head? This was not Sid just standing there and Nisky cross-checking to the face ala Chris Simon. Amazing how many people can sit here and watch in slow motion and say they know what they could have done in that second. If we dissected every game the way we're dissecting this one, how many slashes go uncalled? Or any penalty for that matter. There are plenty of things we can find wrong in our game and in last night but I mean there is so much generalizing in that piece. Also, I go back to him suggesting that the Caps players only meeting was them saying they were gonna try and take Crosby out. That is fucking incredible. I'd be pissed if I was a member of the Caps organization. I mean I think Ken Campbell runs a child sex ring out of his basement. I have no proof but makes you wonder doesn't it?

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16780012)
I didn't read it until now cause it's fucking Campbell and he's a douche. He's suggesting the Caps idea was to hurt Crosby and take him out of the series? Niskanen went unpunished? Except for a 5 minute major and missing pretty much that entire game. Now you can argue if she should be suspended but lets not act like he got 2 minutes and Niskanen is some no name player. Comparing this to the Graves? Graves taking a two-hander to Mario is the same as this? So Niskanen knew in that split second that Sid would fall and he'd be able to get his head? This was not Sid just standing there and Nisky cross-checking to the face ala Chris Simon. Amazing how many people can sit here and watch in slow motion and say they know what they could have done in that second. If we dissected every game the way we're dissecting this one, how many slashes go uncalled? Or any penalty for that matter. There are plenty of things we can find wrong in our game and in last night but I mean there is so much generalizing in that piece. Also, I go back to him suggesting that the Caps players only meeting was them saying they were gonna try and take Crosby out. That is fucking incredible. I'd be pissed if I was a member of the Caps organization. I mean I think Ken Campbell runs a child sex ring out of his basement. I have no proof but makes you wonder doesn't it?

I think youre confusing Ken Campbells article with Rob Rossi's

~Crashintome89~ 05-02-2017 04:56 PM

Even if the cross check wasn't intentional, and I don't think it was, it was completely reckless. It deserved a five and a game.

fonzz41 05-02-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16780012)

The bolded is definitely the thing to remember with this. In the speed of the game, I see very little reactionary time for Niskanen to do much of anything. There's very little time for him to halt his momentum; and conversely there's very little time for him to maliciously think "this is my moment to take out Crosby" and have the wherewithal to act accordingly. This doesn't excuse the penalty - he should have still gotten the penalty because an infraction was committed.

bradshaw06 05-02-2017 05:00 PM

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...uins-capitals/

Paul speaks the truth.

TMoore4075 05-02-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16780023)
The bolded is definitely the thing to remember with this. In the speed of the game, I see very little reactionary time for Niskanen to do much of anything. There's very little time for him to halt his momentum; and conversely there's very little time for him to maliciously think "this is my moment to take out Crosby" and have the wherewithal to act accordingly. This doesn't excuse the penalty - he should have still gotten the penalty because an infraction was committed.

Exactly. I don't want to seem like I'm apologizing for what happened but this was not headhunting and there is no way for him to know Crosby would be in that situation at that time. This is not some play behind the net, along the boards with Crosby's back turned.

hailtopitt 05-02-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16779731)
And I saw the video of the presser. Rossi is just being a homer troll. Won't even read this garbage column people are talking about it.

As for the hit, I don't know. I don't think Niskanen tried to hit Crosby in the head intentionally. He saw Crosby was careening toward him after Sid's contact with Ovechkin and put his hands out to cushion the collision.

Wait, you're saying Niskanen was trying to cushion the collision?

Hahahahahahahahannaha wow

fonzz41 05-02-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16780027)

:thumbsup Fraser called this out too. His scenario would have been two minors to Ovechkin - high sticking and slashing - plus the fiver/game to Niskanen. 5-on-3 for 4 minutes (depending on goals being scored), with the major being served in its entirety.

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16780028)
Exactly. I don't want to seem like I'm apologizing for what happened but this was not headhunting and there is no way for him to know Crosby would be in that situation at that time. This is not some play behind the net, along the boards with Crosby's back turned.

I dont think anyone sensible is saying it was viscous, but it was a reckless play, he knew Sid was coming in and he got his hands up so he could crosscheck him.

These are the types of plays that need to be eliminated from the game.

Crosschecking and slashing guys, especially in front of the net, needs to stop, and we need to stop accepting it as part of the game. Its not needed.

Roose13 05-02-2017 05:09 PM

Ironically my "Live the Life" player is on the Caps. I bet you know my answer to this question: https://imgur.com/a/TJksY

(Yes, I'm poor and still play NHL 14)

RiotAct 05-02-2017 05:13 PM

your time is now, Capitals. Don't screw this up!

bradshaw06 05-02-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16780037)
I dont think anyone sensible is saying it was viscous, but it was a reckless play, he knew Sid was coming in and he got his hands up so he could crosscheck him.

Crosschecking and slashing guys, especially in front of the net, needs to stop, and we need to stop accepting it as part of the game. Its not needed.

We all know what it'll take for that to change. I mean, how many times have guys like Staal and dubinsky cross checked Crosby in the neck and head without an eye batted? This is why the whole 'crosby gets special treatment' does not make sense

TMoore4075 05-02-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16780037)

To the first line, he was gonna take a run at him and, it was gonna be a big hit, but the hit the head is what caused the concussion and Niskanen was not going in there to try and get his head is all I'm saying.

Crosschecking and slashing all need to go, you're not gonna get an argument from me but looking at Ovie's play on this, did the refs see it and not call it, or was it just missed? If they saw it and didn't call? Why? If they didn't see it, how do we fix it that? I really don't know. We see it now because we can watch it in slow motion from 100 different angles, the refs can't in the moment.

barbogast 05-02-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16780033)
:thumbsup Fraser called this out too. His scenario would have been two minors to Ovechkin - high sticking and slashing - plus the fiver/game to Niskanen. 5-on-3 for 4 minutes (depending on goals being scored), with the major being served in its entirety.

One can't blame the refs for not calling it that way though, it's almost impossible to see Ovechkin's initial slash anyway, plus it's disguised by what happened with Niskanen afterwards. Perhaps Paul Coffey is right that the league should maybe take a look at what Ovie did (however I don't think that's necessary) but in the moment it's hard to see that Ovie even really did anything.

TMoore4075 05-02-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16780056)
We all know what it'll take for that to change. I mean, how many times have guys like Staal and dubinsky cross checked Crosby in the neck and head without an eye batted? This is why the whole 'crosby gets special treatment' does not make sense

The NHLPA needs to raise their voices then. I mean from the article I posted earlier today, they don't want to ban all headshots so if the NHLPA won't sign off on it to protect their own players, are we ever gonna get there?

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 05:23 PM

:lol good lord what an awful take.

https://twitter.com/foxsportsradio/s...73989126701056

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16779937)

Excellent piece here by TLP

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16750974)
I dont understand how people point at Crosby and act like he is any different from any other player. Everyone does this stuff. It doesnt excuse it by any means, but there was nothing malicious about that slash at all.

Crosby has gotten cheap-shotted his entire career with the guys going without punishment.

Remember Marc Staal crosschecks to the back of his head? Ovi two handed windup slash on Sid's anke? I could go on and on.

This is an NHL problem, not a Crosby-gets-away-with-everything problem.

salrx95 05-02-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16780022)
Even if the cross check wasn't intentional, and I don't think it was, it was completely reckless. It deserved a five and a game.

I agree with this line of thinking.

Really unfortunate Sid got concussed. Hopefully, he will be back soon. Still think Pens win series without him.

barbogast 05-02-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16780210)
I agree with this line of thinking.

Really unfortunate Sid got concussed. Hopefully, he will be back soon. Still think Pens win series without him.

Agreed. I assume everyone in here that says the Caps should win is just speaking in jest, but I've seen a lot around the internet today where people think this is all of a sudden the Caps' series to lose. That's a ridiculous line of thinking to me.

A) they are still down 2-1

B) did we forget which two teams we're talking about here?

TheLastPig 05-02-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16780181)
Excellent piece here by TLP

Not sure what you're getting at. There was no intent to injure from Sid on that slash.

This is a league wide problem. Everyone does this stuff and it sucks. They cross check, they slash, they take little shots when the ref can't see. It hurts the game. And the league isn't serious enough about this stuff to step in and change the culture of the game for the better.

The outliers now are the guys looking to injure.

bradshaw06 05-02-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16780252)
Not sure what you're getting at. There was no intent to injure from Sid on that slash.

This is a league wide problem. Everyone does this stuff and it sucks. They cross check, they slash, they take little shots when the ref can't see. It hurts the game. And the league isn't serious enough about this stuff to step in and change the culture of the game for the better.

You'd think the league would want to protect the guys that bring in the fans.

aeroshady 05-02-2017 10:42 PM

Nice win for the Rangers. Game 4 will be the big tell for me though. Either Ottawa was just bad tonight, or the Rangers reached another level, game 4 will let us know!

bradshaw06 05-02-2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

You would think the league would want to protect the guys that bring in the fans and money

aeroshady 05-02-2017 10:56 PM

Nice win for the Rangers. Game 4 will be the big tell for me though. Either Ottawa was just bad tonight, or the Rangers reached another level, game 4 will let us know!

bradshaw06 05-02-2017 11:06 PM

Ants acting odd

aeroshady 05-02-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16780289)
Ants acting odd

Weird that it reposted my first post over 10 minutes later...

Brohan_Santana 05-02-2017 11:39 PM

https://www.facebook.com/Capitals/vi...4553616201762/

These mic'ed up videos are always the coolest. Especially for hockey. Neat to get some ref interaction as well

unccrombie 05-03-2017 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16780283)

I think the Rangers have outplayed the Send 80-85% of the series, but have had inexcusable letdowns leading to losses.

TMoore4075 05-03-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

The outliers aren't the only guys looking to injure. I've seen Sid take cheap shots at players, I've seen Ovie do it, Shea Weber, Joe Thornton and the list goes on. And if you expect them not to take a little shot when the refs not looking, you're dreaming. They'll do anything to try and knock someone off their game. I get what you're saying, but I think you're dreaming with some of that stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16780274)
You would think the league would want to protect the guys that bring in the fans and money

http://www.tsn.ca/league-points-fing...-case-1.739833

I will post this again. The NHLPA, who is supposed to be representing the players, doesn't want to ban all shots to the head and protect it's players, but yeah it's the league's fault. If the players were really against all of this, they could probably get it done. All sides are culpable here don't get me wrong, but if the players union doesn't want to protect it's members, then it'll never go away. Apparently the union is only here to negotiate CBA's.

~Crashintome89~ 05-03-2017 09:42 AM

how in the world did pk subban get an embellishment penalty after being cross checked in the head?

aeroshady 05-03-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16780327)
I think the Rangers have outplayed the Send 80-85% of the series, but have had inexcusable letdowns leading to losses.

I would agree with this. I just hope they get it done in game 4 because I feel like this team is good enough to win this series.

TMoore4075 05-03-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16780452)
how in the world did pk subban get an embellishment penalty after being cross checked in the head?

This is where this crap is crazy. One night Crosby is hurt! Next night Subban faked it! He did react more but no way should that have been a penalty.

TheLastPig 05-03-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16780427)
The outliers aren't the only guys looking to injure. I've seen Sid take cheap shots at players, I've seen Ovie do it, Shea Weber, Joe Thornton and the list goes on. And if you expect them not to take a little shot when the refs not looking, you're dreaming. They'll do anything to try and knock someone off their game. I get what you're saying, but I think you're dreaming with some of that stuff.

Im aware some of what I said is a bit of a pipe dream, its always gonna happen. But if the league actually cared about making its product better and changing the culture, alot of that stuff would significantly die down.

Taking the stance of "oh well youre never gonna get rid of all of it so why bother with any of it?" is really dumb, old boys club mentality that I cant stand. (Not saying youre like that).

swordo84 05-03-2017 10:16 AM

Really want the Oil to put a stranglehold on the series tonight. Would be very dangerous to let the Ducks even things up.

TMoore4075 05-03-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16780479)
Im aware some of what I said is a bit of a pipe dream, its always gonna happen. But if the league actually cared about making its product better and changing the culture, alot of that stuff would significantly die down.

Taking the stance of "oh well youre never gonna get rid of all of it so why bother with any of it?" is really dumb, old boys club mentality that I cant stand. (Not saying youre like that).

i'm kind of an in between person. I'm ok with some of the stuff as long as it's not like blatantly trying to concuss someone or take them out. Watching Chelios back in the day making Paul Kariya run around totally off his game in the 99 playoffs was fun. Chelios wasn't trying to take Kairya out but was doing little things to antagonize the shit out of him. Chelios and Forsberg had some epic battles doing that crap in 99-2002. Now for all the head stuff, it needs to go. NHL and NHLPA could fix a lot of this but they don't seem to want to and I don't know why. I mean the Niskanen one is one of those weird plays that wasn't intentional so would he really need to be taken out for multiple games on a freak play? But there are plenty of times where the league barely slaps them on the wrist or does nothing. Is this the NHLPA saying I don't want my guys missing 10 games and not getting paid? I dunno but if $$ is your only concern then you've got issues.

fonzz41 05-03-2017 12:37 PM

So does Niskanen "have" to fight tonight?

TheLastPig 05-03-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16780678)
So does Niskanen "have" to fight tonight?

He will take a couple hits, I dont expect a fight beyond some after whistle tussling. Sestito wont be in.

Sullivan has a lazer focus, they will just play, he wont have them going for revenge.

aeroshady 05-03-2017 12:51 PM

Is Crosby done for the playoffs? I have not really seen anything on it.

barbogast 05-03-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16780682)
He will take a couple hits, I dont expect a fight beyond some after whistle tussling. Sestito wont be in.

Sullivan has a lazer focus, they will just play, he wont have them going for revenge.

This is what I expect. I hope the Pens focus on Niskanen instead of hockey but I doubt it.

TheLastPig 05-03-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16780692)
Is Crosby done for the playoffs? I have not really seen anything on it.

No nothing beyond missing tonight so far. As of now he's day to day.

I personally dont expect to see him this rest of this series unless maybe it gets to a game 7.

Still encouraged he was in good spirits the other night after the hit.

Dramageek 05-03-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16780699)

I personally dont expect to see him this rest of this series unless maybe it gets to a game 7.

Still encouraged he was in good spirits the other night after the hit.

Agree with all of this. The problem is that concussions are so mercurial that even though he was upbeat yesterday, the symptoms can hit him today. Hopefully this one doesn't linger. And I really hope the Pens can still take care of business tonight. 3-1 is still an awfully deep hole even without Sid.

TMoore4075 05-03-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16780699)

That's what I'm thinking. If he only misses a game, I'd be shocked. Especially with his history you don't want to be rushing this.

I'm interesting to see how tonight goes.

TheLastPig 05-03-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16780720)
Agree with all of this. The problem is that concussions are so mercurial that even though he was upbeat yesterday, the symptoms can hit him today. Hopefully this one doesn't linger. And I really hope the Pens can still take care of business tonight. 3-1 is still an awfully deep hole even without Sid.

Im nervous about tonight but I still think weve got a good shot at getting the W.

barbogast 05-03-2017 01:38 PM

I think if there's any doubt at all, Crosby should be held out. For his own good. This is not a selfish Caps fan wish, I truly feel that life is too good and he has accomplished too much to rush a comeback from yet another concussion. You can't be too careful with those. I know that goes against everything that lives inside the hockey player (the mentality is ALWAYS if I can go then I will) but I really think Sid should be careful here. There's a lot of life left after pro hockey is over.

barbogast 05-03-2017 01:40 PM

As for tonight, as with every playoff game tonight is massive and by far and away the most important game either team has played all year. The Caps desperately need to get the win. If they don't, I don't think they can come back. Sid or no Sid.

2-2 is a little bit of a different story but even if they win tonight I still plan to proceed with caution.

barbogast 05-03-2017 01:46 PM

Just saw a clip of the Subban play. Good lord. The very night after Crosby gets concussed from a stick to the head. The NHL never ceases to amaze.

Roose13 05-03-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16780452)

Just saw the video. How in the fuck do the refs make that call?

TMoore4075 05-03-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16780854)
Just saw the video. How in the fuck do the refs make that call?

Because he grabbed his head? I guess when that happens there is a protocol for how you should act? Just lay there I suppose.