Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

mthawk07 04-19-2017 11:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Yeah I don't understand how that goal was still overturned after review. Backstrom was pulled towards Andersen by Andersen himself.

DMBstandUP1984 04-20-2017 08:50 AM

I hope the Bruins lose 8-0 tomorrow.

Alazais 04-20-2017 10:19 AM

What a shit game to be at. I'm real annoyed that I spent all that money for that dumpster fire of a game. I didn't feel like we were ever really in the game at all. Also, Fuck Tom Wilson.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 10:47 AM

The Leafs can hit and skate, that's for sure.

The Caps skill and depth though paid off last night.

I still don't feel like Holtby has been comfortable all series though his stats are misleading as we had another garbage goal off a skate last night. Puck keeps bouncing away from the Caps.

Still more turnovers in our zone too. Ismtheir forecheck that good sports are the Caps just being too cute in their zone?

Tom Wilson - you can only hope to contain him.

Lets hope it's two and done from here.

Go Columbus!

TMoore4075 04-20-2017 10:57 AM

Holtby can't be giving up 3 a game. His save % isn't bad I agree he hasn't looked like the game changer you expect him to be.

Calgary, they aren't very good. Got a goalie here in Detroit if you want him. Of course there are plenty of guys available but hey worth a shot. He won't even need to get new pads.

9 days until my offseason can't start to get underway. God it sucks waiting for the draft lottery. Guessing I'll be doing it again next year too.

Roose13 04-20-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16770974)
Holtby can't be giving up 3 a game. His save % isn't bad I agree he hasn't looked like the game changer you expect him to be.

Their offense is electric. We saw that last night. And an electric offense will win you many games, but there will come a time when they will need Holtby to bail the team out and he hasn't shown he can do that yet.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16770974)

Calgary, they aren't very good. Got a goalie here in Detroit if you want him. Of course there are plenty of guys available but hey worth a shot. He won't even need to get new pads.

9 days until my offseason can't start to get underway. God it sucks waiting for the draft lottery. Guessing I'll be doing it again next year too.

Holtby seems a little over interested in things going on in the ice instead of just focusing on net minding. He's also taking a lot of chances handling the puck and aggressively looking for breakout passes, more so than in the regular season.

Just pushing really hard when he shouldn't have to.

All this may be fine if they get past round one but everything gets magnified the deeper you go and you gotta be tight. So far, Caps not looking too tight. But that can change for sure.

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 11:11 AM

Was busy and couldnt watch last night.

I expect the Pens to finish things up this evening barring MAF having a bad game.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16770994)
Their offense is electric. We saw that last night. And an electric offense will win you many games, but there will come a time when they will need Holtby to bail the team out and he hasn't shown he can do that yet.

The way I see it is they've had some highlight reel goals and they've had some fluke bounce and skate goals. Both not many goalies stop.

I'm trying to think of a soft goal he's let in and really can't. He's gotten caught out of position more than anything from my perspective. Not in sync with his D at times.

aeroshady 04-20-2017 11:20 AM

I would not be feeling all that good if I were a Caps fan. All of these games have been 1 goal games. They have not been able to play shutdown hockey and have allowed big leads to fade in several games. I think they will beat the Leafs in this series, but I don't like their chances against Pittsburgh. I also think they would match up poorly against the NY Rangers if the Rangers could figure out how to get to the ECF.

As for the Bruins and Sens series. I believe it is a mix of Ottawa exceeding expectations most had of them as well as some rough calls going against the Bruins. The disallowed goal last night really put a dent in the Bruins momentum. That said, every game has been close and I wouldn't count Boston out just yet.

Blues v Wild. The Blues just didn't show up. I could see this series coming back to St. Louis again, but I don't see Minnesota winning it.

Finally, Anaheim is for real. If Chicago goes out (which they probably will), I think they have to be considered the favorite in the West. They are a complete team that looks ready to go all the way. I have a feeling we will see an all California WCF again.

TMoore4075 04-20-2017 11:20 AM

Murray and Disco Dan out in Buffalo.

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16771032)
I would not be feeling all that good if I were a Caps fan. All of these games have been 1 goal games. They have not been able to play shutdown hockey and have allowed big leads to fade in several games. I think they will beat the Leafs in this series, but I don't like their chances against Pittsburgh. I also think they would match up poorly against the NY Rangers if the Rangers could figure out how to get to the ECF.

As for the Bruins and Sens series. I believe it is a mix of Ottawa exceeding expectations most had of them as well as some rough calls going against the Bruins. The disallowed goal last night really put a dent in the Bruins momentum. That said, every game has been close and I wouldn't count Boston out just yet.

Blues v Wild. The Blues just didn't show up. I could see this series coming back to St. Louis again, but I don't see Minnesota winning it.

Finally, Anaheim is for real. If Chicago goes out (which they probably will), I think they have to be considered the favorite in the West. They are a complete team that looks ready to go all the way. I have a feeling we will see an all California WCF again.

Agreed on the Ducks, they have really surprised me. Definitely looking at them as the west favorite right now.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16771032)

Agree with all except the implication that Caps fans ever feel good. We have one setting: dread.

I will say on that note though that a new series can change things. The Leafts and Pens (or more likely Columbus) play different and perhaps that difference will be more suited to the Caps game.

The series with the Leafs has been a track meet and very little puck possession. A slower pace might benefit Washinging vs. their next opponent. Either way, still business to settle in round 1.

Roose13 04-20-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16771037)
Murray and Disco Dan out in Buffalo.

Eichel has to be happy about that.

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16771058)
Agree with all except the implication that Caps fans ever feel good. We have one setting: dread.

I will say on that note though that a new series can change things. The Leafts and Pens (or more likely Columbus) play different and perhaps that difference will be more suited to the Caps game.

The series with the Leafs has been a track meet and very little puck possession. A slower pace might benefit Washinging vs. their next opponent. Either way, still business to settle in round 1.

Sorry to break it to ya, but the Pens still play the same style they did last year. That means they also still play a fast paced game that isnt suited well for the Caps to play against them.

TMoore4075 04-20-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16771067)
Eichel has to be happy about that.

He's got that franchise by the balls now doesn't he?

Buffalo always the runner up. Lost the draft lottery to not get McDavid and lost out on Babcock to TO. Although I feel staying in Detroit was Babs next option after TO. Murray has bugged me ever since he whined about losing the draft lottery fair and square. I'd be disappointed too but I sure as shit wouldn't have whined publicly about it.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16771072)
Sorry to break it to ya, but the Pens still play the same style they did last year. That means they also still play a fast paced game that isnt suited well for the Caps to play against them.

If the Caps get their shit together, and the universe eases up on the curse, it's their game no one is suited for, not the other way around.

unccrombie 04-20-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16771081)
If the Caps get their shit together, and the universe eases up on the curse, it's their game no one is suited for, not the other way around.

universe gave in on the cubs, so there's hope

unccrombie 04-20-2017 12:01 PM

Sabres fired Murray and Danny B. Can't say I agree with that

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16771081)

:lol :lol

Hey I cant blame you for staying positive.

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16771108)

Disco isnt a players coach at all. It doesnt surprise me his schtick dried up in buffalo so quicky.

TMoore4075 04-20-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16771108)

Someone pointed out how only one players from Murray's first draft of 2014 is in the NHL and I think only 2 total Reinhart and Eichel are the only ones I could find.

Compared to TO who has each of their last 3 first rounders in there. Nylander, Marner, Matthews. Who is winning on that front right now?

Murray did a good job ripping it up but hasn't done all that good building it back.

fonzz41 04-20-2017 12:24 PM

Sad to see the Ducks/Flames series end so quickly. Despite it being a sweep, there was some fun hockey played.

Calgary is trending in the right direction. They need to shed some of the aging middle-talent like Stajan and Wideman, but they are definitely on the right path. Tons of great young talent.

TMoore4075 04-20-2017 12:28 PM

https://twitter.com/torontoleafer/st...644032/photo/1

Nice work internet.

unccrombie 04-20-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16771138)
Someone pointed out how only one players from Murray's first draft of 2014 is in the NHL and I think only 2 total Reinhart and Eichel are the only ones I could find.

Compared to TO who has each of their last 3 first rounders in there. Nylander, Marner, Matthews. Who is winning on that front right now?

Murray did a good job ripping it up but hasn't done all that good building it back.

it has been 2-3 years...

TMoore4075 04-20-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16771166)
it has been 2-3 years...

And compare the other crap teams from the same period. TO...playoffs. EDM...playoffs. Calgary...playoffs. CBJ...playoffs. NSH..playoffs.

And it's not like Buffalo just missed the playoffs either. They aren't close and when everyone except like NJ and ARZ have passed you, something isn't working.

Lcsulla 04-20-2017 01:56 PM

What STL has accomplished so far is even more amazing when you consider Tarasenko has not even put a puck in the back of the net, though he has assisted on two. I admit I have not been paying much attention to that series because it is looking like a blowout and I am not particularly fond of either team despite enjoying their styles of play. This playoffs has been tough for me (not because Chicago is in a 3-0 hole) but my little brother is having some medical problems that prevent me from watching as much as I usually do (especially games that start after 9 when he needs help with stuff) - hell the game 3 Hawks/Preds game I only got to watch basically the second period and OT because I was helping him. I did not even know they had blown that lead until I walked into my room and saw the last 60 seconds of regulation time ticking away. It is frustrating. If the Hawks cannot make a miraculous comeback I am likely hopping on the Washington or Edmonton bandwagon for the duration of their runs.

Climb2safety 04-20-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16771104)
universe gave in on the cubs, so there's hope

And Sergio!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16771110)
:lol :lol

Hey I cant blame you for staying positive.

Hope springs eternal in a Caps fan. Sure I see the steam roller coming, and my heart laying right in the middle of the road. But maybe, just maybe this time it will miss it.

Squish.

~Crashintome89~ 04-20-2017 04:45 PM

Not shocked that both Danny B and TM are out of Buffalo. I wouldn't be surprised if Lindy Ruff ends up back there.

TMoore4075 04-20-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16771437)
Not shocked that both Danny B and TM are out of Buffalo. I wouldn't be surprised if Lindy Ruff ends up back there.

Him back in Buffalo and Hitch back in Dallas. It would be the late 90's all over again.

Brohan_Santana 04-20-2017 07:26 PM

http://www.thescore.com/news/1285023

This is very interesting. This could set an interesting precedent, not through just Hockey, but through every major sport how this shakes out.

My guess is this gets settled, but who pays the settlement? Wideman?

Also very interesting to see how the NHLPA responds to this. Union vs Union with the NHL just watching on the sidelines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brohan_Santana 04-20-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16771642)

This is very interesting. This could set an interesting precedent, not through just Hockey, but through every major sport how this shakes out.

Also very interesting to see how the NHLPA responds to this. Union vs Union with the NHL just watching on the sidelines

When I said Union v Union, would the NHLPA step up to support Wideman? Or is this is own issue?

Brohan_Santana 04-20-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K270 (Post 16769911)
Anyone think Draisaitl will be suspended for giving Tierney a cup check in game 4?

The precedent was set when Crosby wasn't suspended with no history. Can't really suspend him when someone with no history did the same thing and didn't get anything

Speaking of some #garageleague stuff

https://www.facebook.com/NHLTradeRum...2546097445234/

JRS1386 04-20-2017 07:54 PM

One two Flyers, weak

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 07:54 PM

Foligno out.

Let's Go Pens!!!

unccrombie 04-20-2017 09:33 PM

Rangers look like 4/20

bradshaw06 04-20-2017 10:17 PM

Fleury makes me so nervous.

bradshaw06 04-20-2017 10:18 PM

Oh and, my god. Crosbys goal.

TheLastPig 04-20-2017 10:23 PM

Torts post game meltdown is 100% coming, and I can't be more excited.

daveshookme 04-20-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16771642)

I'm not convinced the NHLPA would support Wideman, here. But very interesting, absolutely. I'm curious to see where it goes.

Brohan_Santana 04-20-2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16771739)
Oh and, my god. Crosbys goal.

Not watching the game, who did he CrotchCheck this time?

bradshaw06 04-20-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16771743)
Torts post game meltdown is 100% coming, and I can't be more excited.

His presser the other day about post game songs was something else.

bradshaw06 04-20-2017 10:37 PM

Malkin- 11 points in 5 games. Not top 100 though.

Dramageek 04-20-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16771752)
Malkin- 11 points in 5 games. Not top 100 though.

Clearly. Take 5 points away for being Russian?

Roose13 04-20-2017 10:41 PM

Pens were fucking dominant that series. They're gonna steamroll Washington/Toronto.

Dramageek 04-20-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16771755)
Pens were fucking dominant that series. They're gonna steamroll Washington/Toronto.

God I hope so. They still have some defensive issues that worry me.

barbogast 04-20-2017 10:46 PM

Pens fans still concerned :lol

Lcsulla 04-20-2017 10:46 PM

Congratulations H2P and TheLastPig. Nice beat down of columbus.

bradshaw06 04-20-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16771758)
Pens fans still concerned :lol

Honestly, my biggest concern is in net. Id feel much more confident if murray was playing.

Dramageek 04-20-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16771762)
Honestly, my biggest concern is in net. Id feel much more confident if murray was playing.

I'm with you, but MAF did stop 49 of 51 tonight.

bradshaw06 04-20-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16771766)
I'm with you, but MAF did stop 49 of 51 tonight.

True. His home road splits are interesting. Just have seen maf let me down too many times.

bradshaw06 04-20-2017 11:14 PM

Rangers win

SmoothG 04-20-2017 11:17 PM

Nice goal.

Great to see Chicago gettting swept. Couldn't happen to a better fan base.

Harrycaray 04-20-2017 11:21 PM

What a 3rd goal by the Preds!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bradshaw06 04-20-2017 11:21 PM

Reminds me of a few years ago when the pens were swept by the B's. Pens only scored 2 goals that series.

daveshookme 04-20-2017 11:22 PM

RANGERS!

Also not only is CHI going to be swept but three of them are shutouts. Unbelievable.

JRS1386 04-20-2017 11:26 PM

I'm on the Preds bandwagon so expect them to start failing soon

daveshookme 04-20-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16771779)
I'm on the Preds bandwagon so expect them to start failing soon

Immediately followed by CHI goal.

I blame you.

unccrombie 04-20-2017 11:42 PM

Chi-ca-see ya later

unccrombie 04-20-2017 11:47 PM

At least Chicago scored more goals than Columbus won games...

JRS1386 04-20-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16771785)

You could say the same about their win total

thedak 04-20-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16771769)
True. His home road splits are interesting. Just have seen maf let me down too many times.

You that dude that calls into Madden weekly and gets his ass chewed ?

bradshaw06 04-20-2017 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedak (Post 16771789)
You that dude that calls into Madden weekly and gets his ass chewed ?

I don't know what this means

Lcsulla 04-20-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16771785)

Yeah, offense was not playing well - still, the did score as many goals as they have won cups in the past 6 years.:)

thedak 04-21-2017 12:00 AM

lol

Figured you'd bite on that one.

Just assumed you lived in Pittsburgh and listened to 105.9

bradshaw06 04-21-2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedak (Post 16771796)
lol

Lol na, i live in new jersey. Ive heard of madden but dont know much of him.

lockman21 04-21-2017 12:03 AM

Well that was bad.

daveshookme 04-21-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16771795)
Yeah, offense was not playing well - still, the did score as many goals as they have won cups in the past 6 years.:)

Even if you won 6 cups in 6 years I wouldn't be proud of scoring 6 goals in 4 games...

Roose13 04-21-2017 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16771788)
You could say the same about their win total

Same with any team ever...

Climb2safety 04-21-2017 12:55 AM

Time for the penguins to sit at home, eat bon bons and get fat.

Lcsulla 04-21-2017 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16771800)
Even if you won 6 cups in 6 years I wouldn't be proud of scoring 6 goals in 4 games...

3 goals in 4 games actually, offense just fell flat. Perhaps Q should have kept his foot on the gas even after the Hawks clinched the top seed in the west (not giving his key guys so much rest)because between the end of the regular season and playoffs they lost 8 in a row.

Lcsulla 04-21-2017 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16771816)
Time for the penguins to sit at home, eat bon bons and get fat.

and Kessel can eat hot dogs! :lol

dmbetc 04-21-2017 01:25 AM

Wow, Chicago. Sorry Chris and Jamie

UCFish 04-21-2017 02:49 AM

That was a real bad series for the Hawks...

Oh well can't be mad.

mr.MikeD 04-21-2017 02:53 AM

Oilers decided to make it stressful tonight

barbogast 04-21-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16771778)
RANGERS!

Also not only is CHI going to be swept but three of them are shutouts. Unbelievable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16771780)
Immediately followed by CHI goal.

I blame you.

I actually blame you, since you used the S word before the game was over. Big no no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16771800)

I'd be pretty god damn proud of my team if they had won 3 Cups in 6 years.

JRS1386 04-21-2017 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16771846)
I actually blame you, since you used the S word before the game was over. Big no no.

I mean getting swept as the top seed isn't a good look

swordo84 04-21-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16771837)
Oilers decided to make it stressful tonight

Nice to see they made the comeback after being down 2. Glad gm 6 is one I can catch. Already booked Tuesday off work too in the event it goes 7.

TMoore4075 04-21-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Yeah. It's disappointing in the moment to get swept like that but you have to look at the big picture. When Wings got swept by the Ducks, they scored 6 goals in 4 games and I thought that was bad. Hawks "topped" that one.

Congrats to the Preds though. This is why the Stanley Cup playoffs are awesome. I read the other day 10 times a top 2 team has been knocked in round 1 in the NBA since they went to 16 teams back in 84 I think. The NHL had that many teams do it from 94-99. Might "suck" that you don't get the marquee matchups but everyone has a shot going into round 1.

barbogast 04-21-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16771847)
I mean getting swept as the top seed isn't a good look

3 cups in 6 years > one bad series

No doubt this sucks for our Hawks fans and I know that pain, but I mean, let's be serious. If the Blackhawks were my team I would still be a pretty happy hockey fan overall

If the Hawks never win another Cup before this group is done, they still had insanely successful careers

dmbetc 04-21-2017 09:21 AM

Well my bracket is toast

TMoore4075 04-21-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16771882)
Well my bracket is toast

Thankfully had them going down to the Blues in the next round so I'm sitting ok still. Watch, the Blues blow a 3-0 series lead now....

TMoore4075 04-21-2017 09:28 AM

Also, didn't finish the Rangers came so was shocked to see them win. Most of the game they looked like they had no business winning that game. Habs have looked good most of this series. Price isn't getting any younger. Not old but you'd think the window might be starting to slowly close.

barbogast 04-21-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Well my bracket is toast

Fortunately though everyone's probably is

swordo84 04-21-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Well my bracket is toast

Yeah, I had the Hawks going to the SCF.

Edit; Shit - had them winning it all. Thought for sure I had the Pens winning.

Ah well.

TMoore4075 04-21-2017 10:02 AM

Anyone else sitting here thinking "Wow Subban and the Preds are already in round 2 and Weber and the Habs might be gone soon?" Obviously the Habs series isn't over but no way anyone would have called this so far.

jrkarger 04-21-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16771769)

MAF has played really well this series.

Although, as I said after Game 2, I'd like to see the D give up less shots. MAF has faced the most shots of any goalie so far these playoffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16771793)
I don't know what this means

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedak (Post 16771796)
lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16771797)
Lol na, i live in new jersey. Ive heard of madden but dont know much of him.

Bradshaw, are you originally from Pittsburgh? You should give Madden a listen on iheart. His show is good for hockey talk and Pirates bashing. He's also really good at berating ignoramus yinzers that call him.

aeroshady 04-21-2017 11:34 AM

Obviously I am pretty happy with last night! Rangers found a way to win a huge road game and give themselves a huge chance to move on! I don't think it is all doom and gloom for the Habs though. If they find a way to win at MSG they will head home for a game 7 with all the momentum. So in no way is this series over yet. I really hope the Rangers close it out at MSG, but this has always felt like a 7 game series in the making.

aeroshady 04-21-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16771915)
Anyone else sitting here thinking "Wow Subban and the Preds are already in round 2 and Weber and the Habs might be gone soon?" Obviously the Habs series isn't over but no way anyone would have called this so far.

Nope. As I just said above, the Rangers and Habs series is very close. I don't think anyone should be shocked if either team wins this series.

I am thinking "wow, the Preds are better than I thought." I have always thought that they got the better long term deal in that trade. I just thought it would take longer for them to break out.

Also, I think that the Preds/Hawks series was a mix of the Preds exceeding expectations, but also the Hawks just sucking for 4 games. I think round 2 will expose if the Preds are for real or not.

bradshaw06 04-21-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16771922)
MAF has played really well this series.

Although, as I said after Game 2, I'd like to see the D give up less shots. MAF has faced the most shots of any goalie so far these playoffs.

Bradshaw, are you originally from Pittsburgh? You should give Madden a listen on iheart. His show is good for hockey talk and Pirates bashing. He's also really good at berating ignoramus yinzers that call him.

Family is, have been tons of times. Ive heard him a few times, and from what ive read, he just kind of takes a pro wrestler personality and applies it to his radio work.

jrkarger 04-21-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16772026)
Family is, have been tons of times. Ive heard him a few times, and from what ive read, he just kind of takes a pro wrestler personality and applies it to his radio work.

:lol that's a good way to describe his show.

JRS1386 04-21-2017 12:00 PM

I got the Rags winning it all and the Caps in the ECF. My bracket is prematurely toast. (Had Chicago losing to the Wild in Rd 2)

TheLastPig 04-21-2017 12:01 PM

Pens sent a few guys back to Wilkes-barre, but not Tristan Jarry... doesnt bode well for Murray being healthy.

unccrombie 04-21-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16772047)
I got the Rags winning it all and the Caps in the ECF. My bracket is prematurely toast. (Had Chicago losing to the Wild in Rd 2)

Even if the Rangers get by the Habs, all 3 opponents in the East are matchup nightmares for them.

Never underestimate the MAF effect though :lol could easily take that series on goaltending.

daveshookme 04-21-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16771817)
3 goals in 4 games actually, offense just fell flat. Perhaps Q should have kept his foot on the gas even after the Hawks clinched the top seed in the west (not giving his key guys so much rest)because between the end of the regular season and playoffs they lost 8 in a row.

RIght and I'm saying even if they'd won 6, instead of 3, I wouldn't be happy with 6 goals in 4 games. 3 goals is even worse. Obviously 3 cups in 6 years is impressive, absolutely.
Quote:

apologies.

still got the sweep.

aeroshady 04-21-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16772079)
Even if the Rangers get by the Habs, all 3 opponents in the East are matchup nightmares for them.

Never underestimate the MAF effect though :lol could easily take that series on goaltending.

If the Rangers beat the Habs, which is by no means assured, I do believe they would beat Ottawa (or potentially Boston) in round 2. The Sens are clearly more of a threat from what people expected of them. That said, the Bruins have basically played the entire series with 4 defense men and a huge lack of depth. Even with that, every game has been close. I would be surprised if the Rangers lost to the Sens in round 2. It would honestly surprise me more than the Rangers just losing the next two games in round 1.

bradshaw06 04-21-2017 01:02 PM

What a whacky playoffs so far. So many blown leads.

mr.MikeD 04-21-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16771868)
Nice to see they made the comeback after being down 2. Glad gm 6 is one I can catch. Already booked Tuesday off work too in the event it goes 7.

yeah it was a good character type game. and total domination in OT, i was convinced that the Sharks were going to win it on a stupid bounce after the Oilers dominated.
and now I'm tired today..

glad you can catch the next game, but hopefully there is no 7th one.

TheLastPig 04-21-2017 02:11 PM

Torts skipped the handshake line last night.

bradshaw06 04-21-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16772202)
Torts skipped the handshake line last night.

If it were Crosby it would be front page news.