Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=343913)

rconverse 03-04-2017 05:09 PM

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

According to what I've heard and read, I can't even visit Canada let alone move there illegaly. :lol

zajDmB1 03-04-2017 05:13 PM

As always, the conversation should just go to seeing if there's a net gain or net loss for the country, financially speaking, re: illegals.

Conservatives would have a much better case if there was a study that showed, 'look, for all the work they do/contribute to the economy, factors 1, 2, and 3 add up to costing us more.' There'd still be pushback sure, but then it wouldn't feel like such a purely emotional thing.

As it stands, the problem is it just sounds like a bunch of xenophobic people yelling to get foreigners out of the country. Sure that is part of it, but we all know plenty of right-wingers do just want people to abide by laws, pay tax, etc. Which is fine. But there's a very strong chance we all actually benefit to some degree. Especially now when you factor in the money needed to enforce stricter laws.

TwoStep2888 03-04-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zajDmB1 (Post 16734547)
So those March 4 Trumps were huge right? Biggest rallies ever?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Route_2 (Post 16734554)
I heard tens of people showed up.

hahahaha

scrock25 03-04-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734555)
According to what I've heard and read, I can't even visit Canada let alone move there illegaly. :lol

DWl?????

rconverse 03-04-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zajDmB1 (Post 16734556)
As always, the conversation should just go to seeing if there's a net gain or net loss for the country, financially speaking, re: illegals.

Conservatives would have a much better case if there was a study that showed, 'look, for all the work they do/contribute to the economy, factors 1, 2, and 3 add up to costing us more.' There'd still be pushback sure, but then it wouldn't feel like such a purely emotional thing.

As it stands, the problem is it just sounds like a bunch of xenophobic people yelling to get foreigners out of the country. Sure that is part of it, but we all know plenty of right-wingers do just want people to abide by laws, pay tax, etc. Which is fine. But there's a very strong chance we all actually benefit to some degree. Especially now when you factor in the money needed to enforce stricter laws.

I read an article not too long ago that studied this and concluded that illegal immigration drives down salaries for the entire working class in any country but I can't look it up now. (Gotta walk my dumb dog and then it's on to Duke/UNC.)

Anyway, you can try to google it if you'd like. I'm pretty sure it was from a legit news org as well. I honestly just can't recall.

rconverse 03-04-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrock25 (Post 16734558)
DWl?????

I'm not going to discuss my non-violent crimes. Around these parts, they're not crimes!!

Aaaaannnndddd.....Let's just say that "DWI's" don't technically exist in IL.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734552)
It's not a matter of "going back" to anything. How about just enforce the damn laws, and secure our border like every other sovereign nation does?

Sure. But the laws regarding how we let people in and the # of people we let in suck.

If employers didn't hire illegals they wouldn't be here!

Route_2 03-04-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734559)
I read an article not too long ago that studied this and concluded that illegal immigration drives down salaries for the entire working class in any country but I can't look it up now. (Gotta walk my dumb dog and then it's on to Duke/UNC.)

Anyway, you can try to google it if you'd like. I'm pretty sure it was from a legit news org as well. I honestly just can't recall.

Weird, I just read an article that posited the exact opposite, at least for blue-collar jobs.

Quote:

More returnees means lower wages for everybody in blue-collar industries such as construction and automobile manufacturing, where competition for jobs is likely to increase, economists say.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...334_story.html

zajDmB1 03-04-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734559)

See, that'd be a very valid argument. I bet you it does for sure within certain areas (and then we get into the conversation about americans doing the work that it looks like we just had in here), but across the board? I dunno, maybe.

I'll probably look it up in a bit.

DMBstandUP1984 03-04-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734465)
Fast and furious started in 2006 and then the hubalou was about what Holder knew.

That's not what the meme says

DMBstandUP1984 03-04-2017 05:36 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=45908106

Oh snap trouble in paradise

ShotgunDMB 03-04-2017 05:36 PM

Marching for a president is pretty creepy, IMO. Plus, you don't really need to march when you are on the winning side.

ShotgunDMB 03-04-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734553)
Agreed, 100%. Amnesty has been tried and doesn't work.

You're from Chicago, right...I'm sure you have noticed the effects of illegal immigration, and it ain't pretty.

smokew11 03-04-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734567)
Marching for a president is pretty creepy, IMO. Plus, you don't really need to march when you are on the winning side.

this. I was really confused about this whole thing

BTBaboon 03-04-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734531)
As long as Trump is better than Bush, Clinton and Obama on immigration, that'll be a step in the right direction. Mexico was never going to pay for the wall, any rational person knew that. I'm fairly hawkish on immigration and would like to see a wall along with more border enforcement and increased deportations. Lot of special interests get in the way of us dealing with the issue rationally, the corporatist Republicans want the cheap labor, the Democrats want more poor, marginalized people to vote for them.

Ask and ye shall receive - http://www.foxnews.com/us/slideshow/...tands-now.html

We have a lot of fencing and wall sections already. Do you think it's actually reasonable and feasible to construct a wall through bodies of water, over mountains, and across privately held lands?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734567)

Sorest winners ever

ShotgunDMB 03-04-2017 06:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKeFXs8a0Xk

Bush is a likeable guy. He's my dude.

rconverse 03-04-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Route_2 (Post 16734563)
Weird, I just read an article that posited the exact opposite, at least for blue-collar jobs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...334_story.html

That's in Mexico, not the U.S., at least that's how I read the article.

BTBaboon 03-04-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734579)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKeFXs8a0Xk

Bush is a likeable guy. He's my dude.

He is a likeable dude. He was a crappy POTUS and Cheney probably lead him astray and ruined his presidency, but his work on AIDS goes far too unnoticed.

He's father is a god damn American hero

TwoStep2888 03-04-2017 06:54 PM

Bush killed a million people but he's personable on Ellen so ok

MDPrompter 03-04-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734548)
He was a right wing nut. Sorry bud.

Amnesty, ballooned the debt, massively grew size of government...but you're right...something something bold colors not pastels....

MDPrompter 03-04-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734555)

Visited Montreal last summer... my favorite city. Even had to try the healthcare for sick kid.....was amazing.

rconverse 03-04-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 16734587)
Bush killed a million people but he's non-viloent on Ellen so ok

Fixed your post.

rconverse 03-04-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdmarvich (Post 16734589)
Visited Montreal last summer... my favorite city. Even had to try the healthcare for sick kid.....was amazing.

That's not the point and you know that but wahtevs.

I mean, if they had open borders I could go there and spend money but I guess that's not their bag.

TwoStep2888 03-04-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734590)
Fixed your post.

sure yeah

DeuceStep 03-04-2017 07:03 PM

Conan the Barbarian was made with Arnold in 1982 and Arnold resigned from The Apprentice in 2017 because of "1984".

Hope you're all having a decent Saturday night.

MDPrompter 03-04-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zajDmB1 (Post 16734556)

Absolutely. Very well put.

rconverse 03-04-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 16734592)
sure yeah

And I did it pro-bono unlike some union guy.

MDPrompter 03-04-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734591)
That's not the point and you know that but wahtevs.

I mean, if they had open borders I could go there and spend money but I guess that's not their bag.

:confused you can go there

chadizzy1 03-04-2017 07:08 PM

Thank goodness for Alex Jones. At least we can laugh :lol

https://www.facebook.com/vicenews/vi...9754561851163/

ExistenceNow 03-04-2017 07:12 PM

My buddy saw Alex Jones at a Wal-Mart here in Austin. True story.