Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=343913)

TwoStep2888 03-04-2017 03:53 PM

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonz085 (Post 16734478)
There are these things called nonviolent crimes.

I'm not really worried about those

cazzie34 03-04-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonz085 (Post 16734481)
Quite a stigmatized view of illegal immigrants you got there.

How is it stigmatized?

rconverse 03-04-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734480)
Point me to an article where they receive welfare.

Well, illegal immigrants do receive welfare but i was talking about American citizens that would rather sit at home and receive welfare than work. That needs to be shut off. If they still don't want to work, that's fine but they're going to have to find their own way to eat.

gonz085 03-04-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734483)
How is it stigmatized?

Because, we all know, the only job illegal immigrants take are being pickers out in the hot sun. Spare me.

rconverse 03-04-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 16734482)
I'm not really worried about those

I'm not surprised by this post as you're one of the most selfish people I know. I'd rather have a dude break my arm than go through identity theft but, you know, as long as no one gets physically hurt, right?

Unreal.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734485)
Well, illegal immigrants do receive welfare but i was talking about American citizens that would rather sit at home and receive welfare than work. That needs to be shut off. If they still don't want to work, that's fine but they're going to have to find their own way to eat.

Illegal immigrants don't receive welfare.

And that second point re American citizens I can agree with in principle, I want everyone to work but there are unintended consequences to that which make society worse off.

TwoStep2888 03-04-2017 03:57 PM

I mean if someone commits a crime they should be arrested and whatever obv but nonviolent crimes don't keep me up at night

TwoStep2888 03-04-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734487)
I'm not surprised by this post as you're one of the most selfish people I know. I'd rather have a dude break my arm than go through identity theft but, you know, as long as no one gets physically hurt, right?

Unreal.

don't get mad now

Route_2 03-04-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734485)

Just curious. What do you think the ratio is of people who mooch off of welfare versus people who actually need it as a safety net and what evidence do you use to come to that conclusion?

cazzie34 03-04-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonz085 (Post 16734486)
Because, we all know, the only job illegal immigrants take are being pickers out in the hot sun. Spare me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.61cf385fd1b0

What high schooler is doing these white collar jobs during the day? Or even blue collar jobs during the day? Spare me. Illegal immigrants aren't doing part time work as their side hustle.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734487)

Unreal.

Let me guess, you've gone through identity theft. Yes?

rconverse 03-04-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734488)
Illegal immigrants don't receive welfare.

And that second point re American citizens I can agree with in principle, I want everyone to work but there are unintended consequences to that which make society worse off.

To your first statement, yes they do. I see it every single time I go to the grocery store. I mean, unless you are telling me that a 45 year old Latino person has lived in this country their entire life, speaks no English, and seems to be confused as to how everything here works (like cars), then maybe I'm wrong but I highly doubt it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 16734489)
I mean if someone commits a crime they should be arrested and whatever obv but nonviolent crimes don't keep me up at night

Clearly never been a victim of identity theft which haunts people for up to a decade. But hey, as long as Mr. non-violent amigo isn't violent, nothing is wrong.

What about men who just hide in women's locker rooms to see them change? I mean as long as they don't do anything it's cool, right?

Again....Unreal.

gonz085 03-04-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734492)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.61cf385fd1b0

What high schooler is doing these white collar jobs during the day? Or even blue collar jobs during the day? Spare me. Illegal immigrants aren't doing part time work as their side hustle.

If you bother to reread what I posted, I said "should". They should be the ones doing low skill jobs and jobs that blow. They currently do not (I never said they did) but if their parents were smart they would force them to do a shitty low skill job in their teens that way they have some economic libido once they get to college. Would probably be a motivator to pick a profitable major rather than genders studies or art history and then wonder why they aren't employed 4 years later.

TwoStep2888 03-04-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734494)
Clearly never been a victim of identity theft which haunts people for up to a decade. But hey, as long as Mr. non-violent amigo isn't violent, nothing is wrong.

What about men who just hide in women's locker rooms to see them change? I mean as long as they don't do anything it's cool, right?

Again....Unreal.

sex crimes are bad too

rconverse 03-04-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Route_2 (Post 16734491)
Just curious. What do you think the ratio is of people who mooch off of welfare versus people who actually need it as a safety net and what evidence do you use to come to that conclusion?

I'd say that 80% of the people on welfare shouldn't be on welfare for one reason or another and that's probably being generous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734493)
Let me guess, you've gone through identity theft. Yes?

Yes. It's as horrific as everyone makes it sound and the last guy who I read was deported did just that. I have zero sympathy for the guy, even if he was hauled off in front of his grand daughter.

That's also the narrative of fake news/#alternative facts. To their family, he was a great guy, which was reported. Total BS.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonz085 (Post 16734495)
If you bother to reread what I posted, I said "should". They should be the ones doing low skill jobs and jobs that blow. They currently do not (I never said they did) but if their parents were smart they would force them to do a shitty low skill job in their teens that way they have some economic libido once they get to college. Would probably be a motivator to pick a profitable major rather than genders studies or art history and then wonder why they aren't employed 4 years later.

employers want someone that works 40 hours a week+. Sorry. Can't weasel your way out of a horrible statement.

Plenty of shitty jobs out there that high schoolers do. Is there some stat that says high schoolers aren't working? can you provide?

Route_2 03-04-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonz085 (Post 16734495)

But, who's doing the work while they're in school?

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734494)
To your first statement, yes they do. I see it every single time I go to the grocery store. I mean, unless you are telling me that a 45 year old Latino person has lived in this country their entire life, speaks no English, and seems to be confused as to how everything here works (like cars), then maybe I'm wrong but I highly doubt it.

people that come here at age 42 might be legal. You know that, right?

gonz085 03-04-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734498)
employers want someone that works 40 hours a week+. Sorry. Can't weasel your way out of a horrible statement.

Plenty of shitty jobs out there that high schoolers do. Is there some stat that says high schoolers aren't working? can you provide?

How could you think I was talking about full time work if I mention high schoolers doing these jobs? I would obviously be talking about part time or full time over summers. It's not that hard of a conclusion to come to (or maybe it is, idk). We also have people on welfare who should do these jobs.

To the bold, you just said they weren't working, and now I have to provide evidence to counter a point you just countered yourself? Not gonna happen.

rconverse 03-04-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 16734496)
sex crimes are bad too

If people aren't violent, then why does it matter? I bet if you talked to those guys they'd say their nice people and positive contributions to society. No reason to single them out, imo. They're just looking. They're fine.

gonz085 03-04-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Route_2 (Post 16734499)
But, who's doing the work while they're in school?

see the above

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734497)
Yes. It's as horrific as everyone makes it sound and the last guy who I read was deported did just that. I have zero sympathy for the guy, even if he was hauled off in front of his grand daughter.

That's also the narrative of fake news/#alternative facts. To their family, he was a great guy, which was reported. Total BS.

Identity theft sucks. I always jiggle the card holder before putting my card into an ATM. Was the dude an illegal?

rconverse 03-04-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734500)
people that come here at age 42 might be legal. You know that, right?

Sure, some could be. Every single one that I'm behind in the grocery store for the past 7 years? Nope.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonz085 (Post 16734501)
How could you think I was talking about full time work if I mention high schoolers doing these jobs? I would obviously be talking about part time or full time over summers. It's not that hard of a conclusion to come to (or maybe it is, idk). We also have people on welfare who should do these jobs.

To the bold, you just said they weren't working, and now I have to provide evidence to counter a point you just countered yourself? Not gonna happen.

This word salad is ridiculous. One, I said that employers were hiring illegals and you said that high schoolers could do it and then I said no they couldn't because these are full time jobs. I'm sorry that I didn't realize you were "obviously talking about part time or full time over summers." as if those are the jobs that illegals have.

Welfare is a completely different argument.

TwoStep2888 03-04-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16734502)
If people aren't violent, then why does it matter? I bet if you talked to those guys they'd say their nice people and positive contributions to society. No reason to single them out, imo. They're just looking. They're fine.

no I think sex crimes are bad but if that's how you feel ok

gonz085 03-04-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734506)
This word salad is ridiculous. One, I said that employers were hiring illegals and you said that high schoolers could do it and then I said no they couldn't because these are full time jobs. I'm sorry that I didn't realize you were "obviously talking about part time or full time over summers." as if those are the jobs that illegals have.

Welfare is a completely different argument.

Yes, because I'm a full on advocate of kids quitting school and beginning their careers as strawberry pickers. Got me good.

EDIT: Also, yes, a good portion of them are. You just posted an article saying that they take low skill jobs. Those are the same types of jobs that most HS kids have to take. This isn't a gigantic leap to make.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonz085 (Post 16734508)
Yes, because I'm a full on advocate of kids quitting school and beginning their careers as strawberry pickers. Got me good.

I didn't get you good. You said those jobs could be done by high schoolers. And then you said I was insensitive for saying all illegal immigrant jobs are pickin' strawberries, and then you said that I somehow misinterpreted your post when you said that they should be the ones doing low paying jobs.

dude, your argument was that I stigmatized illegals by saying their only jobs were pickin' and your argument was also that high schoolers could do the jobs illegals do. Those are both RIDICULOUS claims. No one hires illegals on a part time after school basis.

rconverse 03-04-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734504)
Identity theft sucks. I always jiggle the card holder before putting my card into an ATM. Was the dude an illegal?

Negative. The two people that stole my identity were black and I think they should be deported and left in the middle of some jungle or some shit like that. I'd want the same punishment for a white person.

Also, identity theft isn't someone taking your credit card or debit card. It's where people assume your identity and start taking out lines of credit in your name. By the time most people find out, they're tens of thousands of dollars in debt and their credit is shot. To make matters worse, most people don't even find out until they themselves go and try to get a line of credit and cannot. So, you go to get money and find out that, not only can't you get money, you're so far more fucked than you ever thought.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonz085 (Post 16734508)

EDIT: Also, yes, a good portion of them are. You just posted an article saying that they take low skill jobs. Those are the same types of jobs that most HS kids have to take. This isn't a gigantic leap to make.

Dude! Your edit makes it even worse! Those kids aren't taking those jobs! there are plenty of jobs at McDonalds, In and Out, Hardees etc. that will accomodate their schedule and pay they the same if not better!

gonz085 03-04-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734509)
I didn't get you good. You said those jobs could be done by high schoolers. And then you said I was insensitive for saying all illegal immigrant jobs are pickin' strawberries, and then you said that I somehow misinterpreted your post when you said that they should be the ones doing low paying jobs.

dude, your argument was that I stigmatized illegals by saying their only jobs were pickin' and your argument was also that high schoolers could do the jobs illegals do. Those are both RIDICULOUS claims. No one hires illegals on a part time after school basis.

This is getting ridiculous and I have no idea how what my point is could be so misunderstood, but I guess I have to lay out every detail in here because making rational judgements about statements will simply not be happening.

There are a variety of low skill jobs that kids could do both full time and part time depending on the time of year that are jobs illegals do. I never said all of their jobs. I also followed up by saying there is a population of this country on welfare that could account for the ones you are referencing, but you essentially said you didn't want to discuss that. If you want to pigeon hole me, fine, but don't pretend as if I didn't provide the opportunity to adequately contextualize this.

The point is, there are already people here who should be doing these jobs because as you said, they are low skill in nature.