Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC 684) (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=343913)

mdmarvich 11-14-2016 04:03 PM

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE **

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16641278)
I mean, im sure its a downgrade from his trump tower apartment. But yeah I dont think it should really be a choice for him.

Based on the shit-show that is now 5th avenue (saw on CNBC this morning) New York surely doesn't want him there.

Tiduwho 11-14-2016 04:03 PM

ISO: Panther

dmbetc 11-14-2016 04:03 PM

Phew. I didn't feel safe until this thread!

neumdogg 11-14-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiduwho (Post 16641286)

This please.

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdmarvich (Post 16641283)
Can't wait for Palin to join the cabinet.

And that big oil guy as head of EPA

Yep, kill me.

Route_2 11-14-2016 04:04 PM

The only thing that might top Bannon is John Bolton as Secretary of State.

bjordan319 11-14-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiduwho (Post 16641286)

:lol :lol

mdmarvich 11-14-2016 04:10 PM

Listening to Obama's presser right now. :-(

mrignatious 11-14-2016 04:10 PM

::exhales::

Is this the place?

chadizzy1 11-14-2016 04:11 PM

I'm as anti-Trump as they come, but I do believe in looking at some things in a positive light whenever possible. I've found a few things that are positive.

Some general things:

1. One thing I find interesting, is that he said he wouldn't rip up the Iran deal. That's a massive change from where we were months ago.

2. His "repealing Obamacare" has changed, as well.

3. His Muslim ban may be out, too.
Giuliani: "Actually within a day or two he called me and asked me to put a little group together … we wrote paper for him and he amended the ban would be restricted to particular countries and it wouldn’t be a ban, it would involve an extreme vetting,” he said."

Next, on the 60 Minutes Interview last night.

1. When asked about supporters giving trouble to minorities, I liked that he actually spoke out against it instead of talking about their "passion".
Trump: "I am so saddened to hear that. And I say, 'Stop it.' If it -- if it helps, I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: 'Stop it.'"

2. I feel a little better about marriage equality, if what he said sticks. He said it's settled law, which is a good approach.
Trump: "It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done."
(now, this part is a little odd because he said he wanted to send abortion back to the states, which stems from Roe V Wade, which is also settled law by the Supreme Court.

3. He isn't going to appoint a special prosecutor to jail Hillary Clinton, called the Clintons "good people".
Trump: "I don’t want to hurt them, I don’t want to hurt them. They’re, they’re good people. I don’t want to hurt them."

4. Part of the border wall is now a fence.
Trump (when asked if some areas he would build a fence): "For certain areas I would, but certain areas, a wall is more appropriate," he said. "I'm very good at this, it's called construction."

I still am not a fan of Trump, and am still concerned for a lot of minority groups in this country, but I'm trying to be hopeful. We have 4 years of this and all we can do is hope that he will continue to evolve more like he has been lately.

cazzie34 11-14-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

I mean, im sure its a downgrade from his trump tower apartment. But yeah I dont think it should really be a choice for him.

Have you seen how he decorates? I think to any normal person the White House is much better than Trump Tower Apartment.

I'm sure NYC will love having to deal with him there 3 days a week. Our first part time president!

DMBstandUP1984 11-14-2016 04:14 PM

** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE **

Trump could be a good president. If he had any interest in anything but the title. Now he wants to live mostly in NY and putting shitty shitty people in the WH with him.

Feels like his campaign was more "Make Trump Great Again" not America but that's what you get with a dopey business man and reality star

Ivanka is cool though

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641299)
Have you seen how he decorates? I think to any normal person the White House is much better than Trump Tower Apartment.

I'm sure NYC will love having to deal with him there 3 days a week. Our first part time president!

I havent seen his place but I would assume it consists of paintings of him in the nude or as a greek god.

cazzie34 11-14-2016 04:17 PM

He doesn't read so basically his advisors will be running the show and he'll make final decisions. so either Bannon has control (not good) or Preibus does (not good policy wise but America won't burn).

We've never had a lead by dictation president. I thought the presidency was a hard job and that type of leader wouldn't work for executive office. If he is successful he might change how governance is done in the 21st century.

cazzie34 11-14-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16641307)
I havent seen his place but I would assume it consists of paintings of him in the nude or as a greek god.

Here's a taste. http://fmobserver.com/wp-content/upl...house_1PM1.jpg .

Just google trump apartment and click on images.

mdmarvich 11-14-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 16641298)
I'm as anti-Trump as they come, but I do believe in looking at some things in a positive light whenever possible. I've found a few things that are positive.

Some general things:

1. One thing I find interesting, is that he said he wouldn't rip up the Iran deal. That's a massive change from where we were months ago.

Giuliani: "Actually within a day or two he called me and asked me to put a little group together Ö we wrote paper for him and he amended the ban would be restricted to particular countries and it wouldnít be a ban, it would involve an extreme vetting,Ē he said."

1. When asked about supporters giving trouble to minorities, I liked that he actually spoke out against it instead of talking about their "passion".
Trump: "I am so saddened to hear that. And I say, 'Stop it.' If it -- if it helps, I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: 'Stop it.'"

2. I feel a little better about marriage equality, if what he said sticks. He said it's settled law, which is a good approach.
Trump: "Itís irrelevant because it was already settled. Itís law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean itís done."
(now, this part is a little odd because he said he wanted to send abortion back to the states, which stems from Roe V Wade, which is also settled law by the Supreme Court.

3. He isn't going to appoint a special prosecutor to jail Hillary Clinton, called the Clintons "good people".
Trump: "I donít want to hurt them, I donít want to hurt them. Theyíre, theyíre good people. I donít want to hurt them."

Trump (when asked if some areas he would build a fence): "For certain areas I would, but certain areas, a wall is more appropriate," he said. "I'm very good at this, it's called construction."

I still am not a fan of Trump, and am still concerned for a lot of minority groups in this country, but I'm trying to be hopeful. We have 4 years of this and all we can do is hope that he will continue to evolve more like he has been lately.

Yeah, he's flip flopping on a ton, which is good. But his cabinet is going to be a complete fucking disaster

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641309)
He doesn't read so basically his advisors will be running the show and he'll make final decisions. so either Bannon has control (not good) or Preibus does (not good policy wise but America won't burn).

We've never had a lead by dictation president. I thought the presidency was a hard job and that type of leader wouldn't work for executive office. If he is successful he might change how governance is done in the 21st century.

We might already be down that road. Saw something yesterday suggesting that liberals should push for someone like Oprah to run in 2020 :lol

This country is so fucked.

TwoStep2888 11-14-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kydmb99 (Post 16641274)
I'm fine with Priebus I guess. He seems like a decent person and as much I've criticized him he's put the GOP in a tremendous position of power. Bannon is just pure scum though. Will all depend on which one Trump actually listens to.

yeah obvious political differences aside I don't have a problem with Priebus as a person. Bannon is bad news.

zajDmB1 11-14-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

For sure, though I'm also assuming presidents can decorate however they want, within reason. Though I guess Trump's tacky tastes aren't within reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641299)

We're already hating him because 5th Ave for like 3 blocks is barricaded until he leaves office. The mother fucker has permanently closed down a major street. Which granted I don't think was his decision, but still. So dumb.

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641311)

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh my god

http://hbu.h-cdn.co/assets/16/19/980...ld-trump-1.jpg

zajDmB1 11-14-2016 04:23 PM

Mark Cuban should run. He's like Trump in some regards but, you know, actually created his own success.

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:23 PM

Serious question, is that even Melania? Doesnt look like her.

TwoStep2888 11-14-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Some general things:

Giuliani: "Actually within a day or two he called me and asked me to put a little group together Ö we wrote paper for him and he amended the ban would be restricted to particular countries and it wouldnít be a ban, it would involve an extreme vetting,Ē he said."

Trump: "Itís irrelevant because it was already settled. Itís law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean itís done."

Trump: "I donít want to hurt them, I donít want to hurt them. Theyíre, theyíre good people. I donít want to hurt them."

this is a good rundown of why I'm not as panicked as others on the left, he's backed off on a lot of his scarier campaign positions, hopefully he'll be something of a moderate as POTUS

bjordan319 11-14-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Some general things:

Excellent post :thumbsup

I'm really not sure where he's going here (complete flip-flop on most of the issues that got him elected or just becoming a bit moderate and realistic), but things are going in the general right direction it seems.

thebridge15 11-14-2016 04:24 PM

is bannon racist? or is it the same thing as with trump in that there's no footage of him using the n word?

scrock25 11-14-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641311)

That's pretty fucking decadent.

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:25 PM

I guess this is where the magic happens.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2117605695.jpg

Sheesh talk about the least comforting, homey living space in the world.

scrock25 11-14-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 16641320)
this is a good rundown of why I'm not as panicked as others on the left, he's backed off on a lot of his scarier campaign positions, hopefully he'll be something of a moderate as POTUS

He had to! He said what he needed to say to get elected, just like all the rest of them.

justink 11-14-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Some general things:

no, his abortion position is that it's settled as well. she harped him "what if your appointee repeals it?" and he said, that's not going to happen, that stuff never happens. but if it did, the states will vote and that will be that. in other words, abortion isn't going anywhwere either.

zajDmB1 11-14-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebridge15 (Post 16641322)
is bannon racist? or is it the same thing as with trump in that there's no footage of him using the n word?

You know you can be racist without actually saying the n-word, right? :lol