Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

aeroshady 03-15-2023 04:44 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Last night was the only the second time the NY Rangers have won in regulation time in the last 13 games. They were also completely outplayed in the third period and were lucky to hit an empty netter with over 2 minutes to go to take the pressure off. On the positive side, Shesty is starting to look better and Kane had his best game as a Ranger. On the negative side, they beat a team below the playoff line and again looked like they struggled to do so.

The next two games against the Pens are going to be very telling. Rangers need to win at least one of them in regulation IMO to show they are not nose diving into the playoffs.

drakan 03-15-2023 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18367664)
Last night was the only the second time the NY Rangers have won in regulation time in the last 13 games.

Why is everyone so concerned about regulation wins. They've gotten 7 out of 8 points. They won by 2 goals last night.:lol

aeroshady 03-15-2023 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 18367902)
Why is everyone so concerned about regulation wins. They've gotten 7 out of 8 points. They won by 2 goals last night.:lol

It shows ability to play a full 60 minutes of hockey rather than taking shifts off and hoping for the best in a 3v3. That doesn't work in the playoffs. Also, beating Montreal, Buffalo and Philly in OT doesn't really impress me like beating Boston, Pittsburgh, Vegas, Carolina or NJ would. Needing OT to beat bad teams is not a great sign. Remember the Panthers a few years back? They had a ton of OT wins and were a high seed as a result. They wound up getting bounced round 1.

drakan 03-15-2023 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18368000)
It shows ability to play a full 60 minutes of hockey rather than taking shifts off and hoping for the best in a 3v3. That doesn't work in the playoffs.

This isn't the playoffs. Rangers playing ok hockey and still getting 7 out of a possible 8 points. Works for me. There is so much luck in hockey the Rangers could play perfect and get less points over a 4 game stretch.

coldengrey12 03-18-2023 03:26 PM

They're in very different positions and the rivalry is long dead, but there will always be something that makes me go "Hell yes" about the Avs beating the Red Wings

coldengrey12 03-18-2023 03:54 PM

James Reimer can huff farts

https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/st...85613442215937

jcc522 03-18-2023 06:26 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread

Aho through Tony D’s legs for the hattie and OT W should be the #1 play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TypicalBilly14 03-18-2023 07:22 PM

Bruins!!!!:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

TypicalBilly14 03-19-2023 12:42 PM

LOL Buffalo. Bruins!!!!:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

aeroshady 03-19-2023 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 18369504)
LOL Buffalo. Bruins!!!!:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

Man, I get winning 7-0 is fun and the Bruins are good, but like…it’s Buffalo. They have not made the playoffs in like decades :lol.

Rangers seem to be clicking now. Last night was fun, but can’t tell if Pittsburgh is just collapsing.

coldengrey12 03-19-2023 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18369506)
Rangers seem to be clicking now. Last night was fun, but can’t tell if Pittsburgh is just collapsing.

Pens have been losing some steam, but it's starting to come together for the Rangers, too

aeroshady 03-20-2023 04:52 AM

3 teams scored 7 goals yesterday. I'd say scoring is up in the NHL

aeroshady 03-20-2023 10:48 AM

Drifting around twitter and tiktok the past few days and I have to say, I am honestly shocked with how overconfident the Bruins fans seem to be online. They are having an amazing season no doubt and obviously are the overall favorite in a playoff field that I would say has about 7 teams that can realistically win it all this season.

What I don't understand is how the Bruins fans I am seeing online can be as cocky as they are. The stats behind winning the president's trophy are not great. All it seems to do is put a big target on you entering the playoffs. In addition, the Bruins have lost their last two trips to the Stanley Cup finals and are an older team now (that was predicted to be a fringe playoff team going into the season). They are definitely clicking on all cylinders and have the right ingredients to win it all. However, we have all seen it time-and-time again that most years the obvious favorite goes down once the playoffs start. The NHL playoffs are an absolute grind of a second season and not much of what you did in the regular season matters much once it starts.

My point is that I just don't know how any fan of any team can be really that confident heading into the playoffs knowing what we know as fans of the NHL. Hawks fans, Kings fans and Pens fans I could see having that level of confidence after all their cup wins, but short of having just won 2-3 cups, I don't think any fans should be so confident.

As many of you know, I really like the Bruins too. They were easily my #2 team for a decade when I was living in Boston and for many years after. They have dropped a bit now for me, but I still root for them over like 95% of the league so I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade at all. Just really surprised to see it online to the level I do.

JRS1386 03-20-2023 10:51 AM

Breaking news, Bruins fans suck

aeroshady 03-20-2023 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 18369893)
Breaking news, Bruins fans suck

:lol straight to the point.

We all deserve Flyers v Bruins playoff matchups again.

Antiramie 03-20-2023 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18369900)

Bruins/Penguins first round so at least one of those teams is gone right off the bat would be pretty pretty prettay good.

coyn113 03-20-2023 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18369889)
Drifting around twitter and tiktok the past few days and I have to say, I am honestly shocked with how overconfident the Bruins fans seem to be online. They are having an amazing season no doubt and obviously are the overall favorite in a playoff field that I would say has about 7 teams that can realistically win it all this season.

What I don't understand is how the Bruins fans I am seeing online can be as cocky as they are. The stats behind winning the president's trophy are not great. All it seems to do is put a big target on you entering the playoffs. In addition, the Bruins have lost their last two trips to the Stanley Cup finals and are an older team now (that was predicted to be a fringe playoff team going into the season). They are definitely clicking on all cylinders and have the right ingredients to win it all. However, we have all seen it time-and-time again that most years the obvious favorite goes down once the playoffs start. The NHL playoffs are an absolute grind of a second season and not much of what you did in the regular season matters much once it starts.

My point is that I just don't know how any fan of any team can be really that confident heading into the playoffs knowing what we know as fans of the NHL. Hawks fans, Kings fans and Pens fans I could see having that level of confidence after all their cup wins, but short of having just won 2-3 cups, I don't think any fans should be so confident.

As many of you know, I really like the Bruins too. They were easily my #2 team for a decade when I was living in Boston and for many years after. They have dropped a bit now for me, but I still root for them over like 95% of the league so I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade at all. Just really surprised to see it online to the level I do.

if the 2019 Lightning can get swept in the first round, any team can lose in the first round. It wouldn't shock me whatsoever if the B's are done after 1 round

Antiramie 03-20-2023 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyn113 (Post 18369917)
if the 2019 Lightning can get swept in the first round, any team can lose in the first round. It wouldn't shock me whatsoever if the B's are done after 1 round

Yup, especially if they have to play Florida. They're finally healthy, have a loaded roster, and are playing really well right now. Plus, they got swept last year and have a bone to pick.

Would fucking love to see it happen.

coldengrey12 03-20-2023 03:52 PM

Quote:

The B’s have been kicking the shit out of everyone, but the playoffs are a different animal

Nothing quite like NHL postseason

DMBstandUP1984 03-20-2023 04:47 PM

Quote:

maybe the ones online are

The ones calling into the sports hub are not.

JRS1386 03-21-2023 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18369900)

Maybe in 10 years when this shit hole franchise finally sells from Comcast

ToySoldier#34 03-21-2023 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 18370068)
maybe the ones online are

The ones calling into the sports hub are not.

The hell is a TikTok Boston fan?

DMBstandUP1984 03-21-2023 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 18370188)
The hell is a TikTok Boston fan?

Anytime I see Boston sports on tik tok it’s being made fun of

ToySoldier#34 03-21-2023 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 18370204)
Anytime I see Boston sports on tik tok it’s being made fun of

Probably should be, hub or gtfo

aeroshady 03-21-2023 06:51 AM

Surprisingly there is a lot of solid hockey content on tiktok. It has a lot of the twitter toxicity though.

TypicalBilly14 03-21-2023 06:41 PM

Bruins!!!!:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

aeroshady 03-21-2023 06:43 PM

Rangers went full meltdown tonight. Felt like they were completely outmatched after the first period. Power play looked bad, team couldn’t breakdown the Canes to get shots and they were definitely guilty of sitting on the 1 goal lead. Carolina was also unlucky to not get some calls in their favor and still found a way.

Not a great look as the haters are already saying NY can’t beat any good teams. Definitely makes Thursday’s game a lot more important for NY to answer back. My confidence in them will drop if they lose both games to Carolina because tonight they didn’t look like they could hang once the Canes took over and tilted the ice.

On the other hand, it’s only one game after a 4 game win streak. Thursday’s game is big.

Alazais 03-22-2023 07:00 AM

Islanders absolutely laid the boots to Toronto last night. I've been saying it since the start of the season. They're a very good team and I fully expect another first round exit.

JRS1386 03-22-2023 07:32 AM

Teams need to beat the Flyers. Stupid Florida Cats

aeroshady 03-22-2023 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 18370731)
Teams need to beat the Flyers. Stupid Florida Cats

Extra annoying that their loss gives Pittsburgh life again.