Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 03-05-2021 09:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17909052)
Hawks come back down 0-2 and win in a shootout.

Just like they drew it up, baby!

Fair is fair, two great games! :)

Antiramie 03-05-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17909769)
Fair is fair, two great games! :)

Really entertaining loss at least. We couldn't capitalize on a ton of scoring chances. Just one of those games...

bradshaw06 03-06-2021 05:19 AM

Tom wilson is still the biggest piece of shit in the league. That is all.

swordo84 03-06-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17909783)
Tom wilson is still the biggest piece of shit in the league. That is all.

I will co-sign the shit out of this post.

dmbetc 03-06-2021 08:03 AM

Saw the Blackhawks/Lightning OT last night, that was wild!

Roose13 03-06-2021 10:02 AM

LOL fuck Tom Wilson

Antiramie 03-06-2021 10:49 AM

If Tom Wilson doesn't get 20+ games for that...dude is a fucking scum bag.

bradshaw06 03-06-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17909046)
lollololl pens blowing a three goal lead to the Flyers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17909131)
Feels so right

Tuesday and today’s results were better

drakan 03-06-2021 02:26 PM

Wilson sucks.

TypicalBilly14 03-06-2021 05:19 PM

great goal!!

https://twitter.com/IslesMSGN/status...79652234653700

TypicalBilly14 03-06-2021 08:08 PM

7 game suspension for Wilson.

Roose13 03-07-2021 03:12 AM

Good. Fuck him.

Antiramie 03-07-2021 01:05 PM

Another good one between TB and CHI. This is the series of blown leads apparently.

Antiramie 03-07-2021 02:33 PM

Bolts were down 0-3 and came back to win in a blowout!

TypicalBilly14 03-09-2021 05:49 PM

NHL to ESPN. 7 years?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...roadcast-deal/

jcc522 03-09-2021 06:56 PM

Feels good to be in 1st :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lcsulla 03-14-2021 09:53 PM

Congrats to Fleury, he hit 50,000 minutes played in his career on Friday, pretty nice accomplishment in a year full of them so far. The way he is playing this year is amazing, hope he is this solid all season and finally gets a Vezina - he has been a great goalie his entire career but always overshadowed by another goalie year after year. He is also a great guy that almost everyone respects, just an all around good guy you are happy for when he succeeds. If it happens I think a Vezina cements his spot in the HOF if it is not there already though I have seen some articles against him being inducted. Who knows but I wish him well and congrats on the milestone.

aeroshady 03-15-2021 06:52 PM

Nights like tonight make me wonder why I bother watching Rangers games. They totally blew the momentum they had in that game by taking penalties and then couldn’t kill them off. As soon as Philly tied the game at 4 I knew the Rangers would lose. This re-tool has been a full rebuild and one that has exposed Quinn as being a shit coach. Makes watching hockey so un-fun. Sometimes I wish we were just the Sabers so I would at least not even bother to attempt to watch the games. Instead I’m an idiot and waste my entire night on these games. Kinkaid also played himself out of the NHL tonight. Horrible give away in OT.

drakan 03-15-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17915677)
Nights like tonight make me wonder why I bother watching Rangers games.

You're like the worst fan ever.:lol

You watch your team because they are you fucking team man ride or die.

mthawk07 03-15-2021 07:12 PM

Ovechkin tied Phil Esposito for 6th all time goals tonight. The combined two seasons he missed due to lockouts and Covid are going to make him come up short on Gretzky and it sucks.

drakan 03-15-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17915696)
Ovechkin tied Phil Esposito for 6th all time goals tonight. The combined two seasons he missed due to lockouts and Covid are going to make him come up short on Gretzky and it sucks.

Not really.

drakan 03-15-2021 07:17 PM

Also he didn't miss 2 seasons he missed a full year plus 30 something games. He actually has more GPG than Wayne.

aeroshady 03-15-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17915689)
You're like the worst fan ever.:lol

You watch your team because they are you fucking team man ride or die.

Easy for you to say. You have seen your team win cups. Unfortunately, I look to hockey as an escape and as a result, I wear my emotions on my sleeve. When the Rangers win I’m in a great mood, when they lose, it crushes me. Maybe that does make me a bad fan. Or at least too invested. I guess my point above was that I need to detach from the Rangers. They are a young team who currently is bad, or at least not good enough to compete in this division. They were always going to be a painful watch this season. I think tonight just hurt a little more than normal because they surprised me with a dominant second period and gave me false hope of a good night.

Edit: getting scored on by a player the Rangers should have never let go is also getting old. Between the Lightning, Canes and Hayes on Philly, I seriously think the Rangers blew it up too soon.

drakan 03-15-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17915710)
Easy for you to say. You have seen your team win cups. Unfortunately, I look to hockey as an escape and as a result, I wear my emotions on my sleeve. When the Rangers win I’m in a great mood, when they lose, it crushes me. Maybe that does make me a bad fan. Or at least too invested. I guess my point above was that I need to detach from the Rangers. They are a young team who currently is bad, or at least not good enough to compete in this division. They were always going to be a painful watch this season. I think tonight just hurt a little more than normal because they surprised me with a dominant second period and gave me false hope of a good night.

Edit: getting scored on by a player the Rangers should have never let go is also getting old. Between the Lightning, Canes and Hayes on Philly, I seriously think the Rangers blew it up too soon.

Kinkaid and the Rangers just SO the Bruins 4-0. They are a 500 team. When they don't "play the right way" like every 500 team it's a mess.

Antiramie 03-15-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17915710)

Eh, the ex-Rangers we got probably weren't scoring on you much lol. Definitely way more defensive guys. We didn't win the cup until we unloaded most of them too.

I think you guys will be better in a year or two. The East division is fucking Murderers Row for the most part. Also, you've only had Panarin for like half the season. But I haven't followed you guys much this season, so I don't know what else is going on.

drakan 03-15-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17915722)
Eh, the ex-Rangers we got probably weren't scoring on you much lol. Definitely way more defensive guys. We didn't win the cup until we unloaded most of them too.

I think you guys will be better in a year or two. The East division is fucking Murderers Row for the most part. Also, you've only had Panarin for like half the season. But I haven't followed you guys much this season, so I don't know what else is going on.

Rangers are a 500 team that if they don't play a smart defensive game first will probably lose because they are a 500 team. They probably need a new coach to go deep in the playoffs.

mthawk07 03-16-2021 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17915703)
Also he didn't miss 2 seasons he missed a full year plus 30 something games. He actually has more GPG than Wayne.

Missed a full season the first lockout. Had a 48 game season the second lockout (34 games missed). Missed the last 13 games last year (we’re up to 47). And this season is 56 games (26 more missed). Let me count on my fingers real quick.......that’s 73 games plus a full season, and he was in Covid protocol earlier this season. So for all intents and purposes, two full seasons.

And the fact that he has more GPG than Gretzky is making my point for me. He’d be flying by the record if he hadn’t missed two full seasons for shit that was out of his control.

drakan 03-16-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17915787)
Missed a full season the first lockout. Had a 48 game season the second lockout (34 games missed). Missed the last 13 games last year (we’re up to 47). And this season is 56 games (26 more missed). Let me count on my fingers real quick.......that’s 73 games plus a full season, and he was in Covid protocol earlier this season. So for all intents and purposes, two full seasons.

And the fact that he has more GPG than Gretzky is making my point for me. He’d be flying by the record if he hadn’t missed two full seasons for shit that was out of his control.

He'd have the record if he played some fucking defense.:lol

TypicalBilly14 03-16-2021 06:42 PM

Dan Vladar with his first NHL win for the Bruins with 34 saves. Great game in net with a few fantastic saves.

mthawk07 03-16-2021 07:08 PM

Ovi didn’t waste much time, passed Esposito for 6th all time tonight!