Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

salrx95 02-27-2016 10:37 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16316211)
I hate that I'm anout to post a Ducks hightlight but this is just too nice

https://instagram.com/p/BCR00aAKH94/

An oilers defenseman undressed. Never see that.

Welcome Canes fan...still miss them here in Ct.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Work life has gotten complicated and life's been busy but still dvr'ing and watching every game. I also been playing a lot of hockey on Fan Duel so that takes up my spare time.

Isles are quietly putting things together. Now 5th in goal differential , 6th in goals per game, 8th in g against and both our G have a save % over 920.

barbogast 02-27-2016 11:09 AM

Caps just waived Brooks Laich

See ya

barbogast 02-27-2016 11:13 AM

Also John Carlson was just put on LTIR. Clearing space to add, sounds like

fonzz41 02-27-2016 11:31 AM

Reimer to SJ for Stalock. Other pieces involved.

Good for Reimer. He's still got lots of upside and I have a feeling getting out from under the Toronto microscope will be good for him.

barbogast 02-27-2016 11:36 AM

Someone take Brooks Laich. Come on. One you teams out there be foolish enough. You know you want this handsomeness on your team.

https://novacapsfans.files.wordpress...oks_laich1.jpg

Roose13 02-27-2016 11:39 AM

I remember years ago I saw a classy Flyers fan wearing a shirt that read "Ovechkin Laich's Semin." Every time I hear Laich's name I think of that shirt.

JRS1386 02-27-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16316376)
I remember years ago I saw a classy Flyers fan wearing a shirt that read "Ovechkin Laich's Semin." Every time I hear Laich's name I think of that shirt.

A bit redundant don't you think

lockman21 02-27-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16316372)
Reimer to SJ for Stalock. Other pieces involved.

Good for Reimer. He's still got lots of upside and I have a feeling getting out from under the Toronto microscope will be good for him.

Agreed. Feel great for his wife, too. She was receiving death threats for her husband's play.

Also, Jeremy Morin and Ben Smith included in that trade. Hawks players moving all over the place this deadline.

barbogast 02-27-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16316393)
Agreed. Feel great for his wife, too. She was receiving death threats for her husband's play.

Also, Jeremy Morin and Ben Smith included in that trade. Hawks players moving all over the place this deadline.

Seriously?? Canadians, man.

Just googled. Wow. Stems from the '13 playoff melt. I had no idea that happened, and that's unreal.

lockman21 02-27-2016 12:15 PM

Honestly think we'll see Bickell moved to the Leafs or Sabres. Sabres have so much cap space, could use a veteran that has won multiple Cups, and want more/better draft picks. Wouldn't be surprised to see something like that happen and then the Hawks pick up Hamhuis.

lockman21 02-27-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16316414)
Seriously?? Canadians, man.

Just googled. Wow. Stems from the '13 playoff melt. I had no idea that happened, and that's unreal.

Yeah, it got really nasty.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle22372952/

So fucking ridiculous. Everyone needs to take a step back every now and then and realize that it's just a game. It's only hockey. Sending threats to someone's wife is inhumane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

fonzz41 02-27-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Yeah dude. Great all around for the Reimers. Happy for them.

Also Hudler to FLA for a 2nd and 4th. Real nice acquisition for them. Just what they need IMO. They've done a good job surrounding their youngsters with really savvy vets.

Lcsulla 02-27-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16316418)
Honestly think we'll see Bickell moved to the Leafs or Sabres. Sabres have so much cap space, could use a veteran that has won multiple Cups, and want more/better draft picks. Wouldn't be surprised to see something like that happen and then the Hawks pick up Hamhuis.

I would love to see this happen but cannot figure out who would want such a worthless player. All he brings to the table is experience and a little physical play - if he is on the ice. Talk about a 4 mil mistake.....

unccrombie 02-27-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

yeah, i remember this. absurd stuff.

mr.MikeD 02-27-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16316354)
An oilers defenseman undressed. Never see that

To be a little fair draisaitl is a forward playing D 3 on3 . But still...

fonzz41 02-27-2016 01:17 PM

Tallon channeling his inner Bowman. FLA acquires Purcell and Kindl, plus Hudler from earlier.

TMoore4075 02-27-2016 01:38 PM

Thanks Tallon for taking Kindl. You are good at taking crap contracts. Wings don't get much relief now but do next year.

lockman21 02-27-2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16316439)
I would love to see this happen but cannot figure out who would want such a worthless player. All he brings to the table is experience and a little physical play - if he is on the ice. Talk about a 4 mil mistake.....

He's not THAT worthless. He is for a team like the Hawks, but teams like the Sabres could use him. I mean, they still have Marcus Foligno and Matt Moulson playing LW. And Evander Kane might be getting shipped out.

Shit, the Leafs are skating Colin Greening as their 2nd line LW. Do they have an actual NHL LW on the entire roster? Michael Grabner is their top line LW and he's normally at RW.

c33dmb 02-27-2016 01:50 PM

So, we stood in the student ticket line for about 45 minutes (which has gotten a bit more annoying on weekends lately, when I first started going it was a "walk right in, sit right down" affair") and when we got about 20 people away from the front, the usher came out and said "all upper level student tickets sold out!!!" :lol

So, we went to Cook Out, got burgers, and checked the score. 2-0 Bruins after 7 minutes. Good riddance. :lol

My only qualm was most of the people in line were wearing Bruins jerseys. I suppose they were probably mostly Duke students from up north. Maybe they should charge $5 or $10 more if you aren't cheering for the right team and trying to use a discount ;)

We were talking about Malone, he just cleared waivers and is on his way to the AHL. So at least I saw some fights while I could. Trade deadline should be interesting.

JRS1386 02-27-2016 02:23 PM

Well it was nice being only a point back of the playoffs while it lasted.

barbogast 02-27-2016 02:38 PM

I just feel like it's gonna end up being Pittsburgh in the first round. That just doesn't sit well with me.

dmbetc 02-27-2016 02:40 PM

Finally making it back to Staples for the first time since before Christmas.

lockman21 02-27-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c33dmb (Post 16316472)
So, we stood in the student ticket line for about 45 minutes (which has gotten a bit more annoying on weekends lately, when I first started going it was a "walk right in, sit right down" affair") and when we got about 20 people away from the front, the usher came out and said "all upper level student tickets sold out!!!" :lol

So, we went to Cook Out, got burgers, and checked the score. 2-0 Bruins after 7 minutes. Good riddance. :lol

My only qualm was most of the people in line were wearing Bruins jerseys. I suppose they were probably mostly Duke students from up north. Maybe they should charge $5 or $10 more if you aren't cheering for the right team and trying to use a discount ;)

We were talking about Malone, he just cleared waivers and is on his way to the AHL. So at least I saw some fights while I could. Trade deadline should be interesting.

I used to go with my buddies in college (around 2008) to Hawks games for $7 student tickets and now I can't buy an upper deck last row seat for less than $175.

salrx95 02-27-2016 04:17 PM

Back in the mid 90s, I'd go to islanders games all the time because we got half off with our college ID so we'd buy the cheap $15 nosebleed seats and then go sit wherever we could. Cost almost as much to park. Of course, we also pre gamed often just down the block Hooters. Good times.

swordo84 02-27-2016 06:00 PM

Both of the unis in the stadium game are brutal.

TMoore4075 02-28-2016 04:06 AM

Suck it Matty. That is all.

Dramageek 02-28-2016 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16316517)
I just feel like it's gonna end up being Pittsburgh in the first round. That just doesn't sit well with me.

It's looking to be that way unless they break out of the 8 seed. Dropping the game to them on Tuesday will help that process along ;)

unccrombie 02-28-2016 07:30 AM

have to think the Rangers stole one in Dallas. The Dallas goal that was disallowed was probably a goal :lol

coldengrey12 02-28-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16316789)
Suck it Matty. That is all.

Congrats to the Wings. The wrong team scored with a minute remaining, but it was a great experience to watch an NHL game outdoors with 50,000 people.

TMoore4075 02-28-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 16317047)
Congrats to the Wings. The wrong team scored with a minute remaining, but it was a great experience to watch an NHL game outdoors with 50,000 people.

In the ugliest jerseys ever. Hell of a play by Kronwall to keep it in.

Deadline tomorrow. Probably gonna be boring after all the moves the last few day.