Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 02-05-2016 11:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16282163)
Look at Q's reaction after the goal was reversed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xemkUBQrf4

This is how I imagine you with every one of your posts.

barbogast 02-05-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16282804)

:lol :lol :lol exactly!

TMoore4075 02-05-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16282800)
That's a brave man. 4 kids of any variety sounds insane to me.

That too.

hailtopitt 02-05-2016 11:43 AM

really excited for Oskar Sundqvist to make his debut with the Pens tonight

lots of chatter in the summer about him possibly making the team out of camp. didn't happen that way but this kid has lots of upside

maybe even see him get a chance to jump up with Kessel & Hagelin for a shift or 2 just to see what happens

Roose13 02-05-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

:lol:lol:lol

Lcsulla 02-05-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

I am not like that 99% if the time believe it or not, just sometimes I snap. You can ask Matt or Joe or anyone else on here who I have hung out with, I am about as easy going as you can imagine. :)

Lcsulla 02-06-2016 07:50 PM

Wow, what a complete beat down of Dallas by the Hawks on the road tonight. They just did everything right from winning board battles, collecting the majority of the loose pucks, netting 2 short handed goals - heck Anisimov had a shortie and 3 assists! Seems like he is always involved so why stop now and Kane gets another goal. Crawford played out of his mind tonight. Just a complete game for Chicago to down Dallas 5-1 in the Stars own house!

Happy for the Rangers too, getting a big win in OT on a penalty shot in the dying seconds of OT!

Lcsulla 02-06-2016 08:35 PM

My mistake, it was Brad Marchand who scored on a penalty shot midway through OT to give the Bruins a win over The Sabres.

JRS1386 02-07-2016 04:27 AM

What does our Rags expert think of the Simmonds match penalty yesterday. I personally think it's bullshit

aeroshady 02-07-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16284280)
What does our Rags expert think of the Simmonds match penalty yesterday. I personally think it's bullshit

Crap call. He was reacting to a dumb hit to his head. I'm glad the Rangers won the game, but hockey officiating is getting horrendous.

JRS1386 02-07-2016 09:19 AM

Lol Capitals player fucking that odd man rush. Also, fuck Holtby and his amazing abilities

lockman21 02-07-2016 10:06 AM

I have a hard time reacting negatively to that "intent to injure" penalty. The NHL gets a bad rep sometimes for seemingly not taking player safety seriously, but when they do, people don't like it either and call officiating a joke.

aeroshady 02-07-2016 10:29 AM

After watching the replay with the Flyers announcers, I am glad Simmons got the game misconduct. They were being such biased tools about the entire thing.

JRS1386 02-07-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16284328)
Crap call. He was reacting to a dumb hit to his head. I'm glad the Rangers won the game, but hockey officiating is getting horrendous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16284396)
After watching the replay with the Flyers announcers, I am glad Simmons got the game misconduct. They were being such biased tools about the entire thing.

Would it be be biased if you agreed with them??? What part did you not like?

JRS1386 02-07-2016 10:38 AM

God damn Ovechkin and shitty play by the Flyers

aeroshady 02-07-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16284397)
Would it be be biased if you agreed with them??? What part did you not like?

I agree the call was a bad one. It was over the top for the situation. That said, good announcers at least make an attempt to keep their bias to themselves. These announcers were just annoying. Saying he was faking the injury was just sad.

I remember living in Boston and disliking the NESN team for the same reasons. If you want to be a fan, don't go into the announcers booth.

SirBobalew 02-07-2016 11:16 AM

What in the name of Bobby Orr did Matt Niskanen just do? That was unbelievable.

mr.MikeD 02-07-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16281561)
I'm not getting too excited because it was against Columbus and Ottawa but the oilers have some life.

Haha just kidding

barbogast 02-07-2016 01:27 PM

It really has been fun seeing how good the Caps are this year but I'm trying to remain level headed about all this. They've accomplished a lot, but basically it still adds up to nothing so far.

My family is trying to schedule a trip to the Outer Banks in late May. I'm going to be real sad when I don't have to find a bar that is showing the Caps game.

barbogast 02-07-2016 02:58 PM

Just saw the highlight of the Niskanen goal...holy smokes

Roose13 02-07-2016 06:08 PM

Dissapointing loss for Philly.

On a side note, taking my girlfriend to her first NHL game on Tuesday. Got tix cheap 19 rows off the ice for like half cost against the Ducks. Best part is that my girlfriend is originally from Michigan and she's never been to a hockey game. Get that! :lol

salrx95 02-07-2016 07:52 PM

Nice win today. I think we just scored again.

unccrombie 02-08-2016 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16284908)

On a side note, taking my girlfriend to her first NHL game on Tuesday. Got tix cheap 19 rows off the ice for like half cost against the Ducks. Best part is that my girlfriend is originally from Michigan and she's never been to a hockey game. Get that! :lol

you guys had us outplayed until the last like 10 minutes of the 3rd. then you went in to a shell.

barbogast 02-08-2016 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16285399)
you guys had us outplayed until the last like 10 minutes of the 3rd. then you went in to a shell.

I do believe he was referring to the Caps game yesterday, although the Rangers loss was probably tougher. Either way, Flyers suck and it's great.

unccrombie 02-08-2016 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16285432)
I do believe he was referring to the Caps game yesterday, although the Rangers loss was probably tougher. Either way, Flyers suck and it's great.

either way
no skin off my back

SirBobalew 02-08-2016 07:57 AM

Just read about the injury to Malcolm Subban. Scary shit. Throat protectors should be mandatory, like visors are. Grandfather in current goalies who don't use them, but otherwise...

Although even that is no guarantee, as Hank's throat injury proved.

Lcsulla 02-08-2016 08:37 AM

Agreed on the Subban injury, scary stuff.

On a lighter side it is nice to see Connor McDavid back and netting another one last night. I think he is the real deal and will have a great career, Once his contract is up in 2 seasons I think teams are going to be handing him blank checks so he can fill in the length of the contract and the annual salary.

TMoore4075 02-08-2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16285966)
Agreed on the Subban injury, scary stuff.

On a lighter side it is nice to see Connor McDavid back and netting another one last night. I think he is the real deal and will have a great career, Once his contract is up in 2 seasons I think teams are going to be handing him blank checks so he can fill in the length of the contract and the annual salary.

With the look he had on his face when the Oilers won the lottery, I wouldn't be shocked if he tried it. He didn't look happy. Thinking Buffalo or Phoenix and you get Edmonton.

Lcsulla 02-08-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16285999)
With the look he had on his face when the Oilers won the lottery, I wouldn't be shocked if he tried it. He didn't look happy. Thinking Buffalo or Phoenix and you get Edmonton.

Wouldn't you? Unless of course Edmonton somehow retools in the next two years to support him. They are a damn long was from the days of Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Fuhr, etc, etc. Kid has all the tools to be a great player for years to come, would love to have him on my team. :lol

dmbetc 02-08-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16284908)

Report back on if you smacked her around or not. I mean, whether or not she liked it.