Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Roose13 12-01-2015 08:15 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16205978)
I don't know... It just doesn't sit well with me that Suter is complaining about his defensive assignments in public. I get he's a superstar and accustomed to playing a certain way, but go talk to the coach in private. Not only does it show a lack of faith in the coaching staff (which may be intentional) but it also kind of inadvertently displays a lack of faith in your fellow defenseman, especially the one he's paired with.

And yes, I also get the right/left combo thing. Not necessary, but nice to have when you can.

I get the right/left as well but no one shits their pants over two left-handed defensemen paired together.

Bron Yr Aur 12-01-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16205708)
Yep. I didn't think this was a cup winning year or anything, but this is a mess. There are a few bright spots, but it's a painful year.

It is honestly just absurd that they are still this bad. 4 of the last 6 #1 overall picks and 7 years in a row with a top-10 draft pick......

That said, losing McDavid hurt and they will probably be the best team in the Pacific next year.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206027)
:lol:lol oh help me Rhonda

he melts so good

Dramageek 12-01-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 16206042)
It is honestly just absurd that they are still this bad. 4 of the last 6 #1 overall picks and 7 years in a row with a top-10 draft pick......

That said, losing McDavid hurt and they will probably be the best team in the Pacific next year.

It is really amazing how they have not been able to develop that young talent and have them all play well together. There's always next year, right?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16206049)
he melts so good

Tortorella melts are the best melts.

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 08:30 AM

not nearly as well as the pens fans and media. good lord.

TMoore4075 12-01-2015 08:31 AM

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/sha...oyotes-hockey/

A nice read. His take on Gretzky being the coach is interesting and probably why it didn't work.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206058)
not nearly as well as the pens fans and media. good lord.

hahaha here we go...

if lowering expectations and hating the management of the team is melting, then yes, i agree

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 08:38 AM

no I mean about the Dubinsky cross check.

~Crashintome89~ 12-01-2015 08:42 AM

Dubinsky's cross check was a bit sleazy but the two players have a history with one another, and let's face it, when the Pens melt they get off their game and do terrible.

Love the fans melting over the Pens though, a few of them even calling for Crosby to be traded.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16206084)
Dubinsky's cross check was a bit sleazy but the two players have a history with one another, and let's face it, when the Pens melt they get off their game and do terrible.

Love the fans melting over the Pens though, a few of them even calling for Crosby to be traded.

yea, those people are idiots

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206076)
no I mean about the Dubinsky cross check.

well, it was a #GarageLeague play after all

about as dirty as it gets

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16206113)
well, it was a #GarageLeague play after all

about as dirty as it gets

well he got suspended. let's move on.
several articles over the weekend pointed our far worse plays that received no discipline from the league. Crosby got his special treatment, time to move on.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206116)
well he got suspended. let's move on.
several articles over the weekend pointed our far worse plays that received no discipline from the league. Crosby got his special treatment, time to move on.

:lol:lol oh mylanta

enjoy your MMA on skates

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 09:18 AM

there were literally two identical cross checks over the weekend on players who aren't Crosby and neither received a suspension.
Oduya being the best example. how else do you explain it?

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206129)
there were literally two identical cross checks over the weekend on players who aren't Crosby and neither received a suspension.
Oduya being the best example. how else do you explain it?

the fact that you see someone getting suspended for a game for viciously assaulting another player as "special treatment" shows how much of a #GarageLeague apologist you are

i see it as the NHL being just as inconsistent and arbitrary with punishments as they've always been

should be automatic 5 games for anyone who makes contact to the head or neck

this bullshit about "no prior history" and "principle point of contact" is embarrassing

only way to get rid of it is to actually punish it accordingly

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16206139)
the fact that you see someone getting suspended for a game for viciously assaulting another player as "special treatment" shows how much of a #GarageLeague apologist you are

i see it as the NHL being just as inconsistent and arbitrary with punishments as they've always been

should be automatic 5 games for anyone who makes contact to the head or neck

this bullshit about "no prior history" and "principle point of contact" is embarrassing

only way to get rid of it is to actually punish it accordingly

you're talking about something totally different. I don't mind them ramping up punishment but as it stands now the only time anyone is getting suspended for something like what Dubinsky did is if it's against Crosby. that's the definition of special treatment.

I don't mind making it 5 games, I agree it doesn't really have a place in the game but it should be enforced equally. Honrqvist's hit on Calvert and subsequent bashing of his head back onto the ice was a much more dangerous play and he wasn't even penalized.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206144)
you're talking about something totally different. I don't mind them ramping up punishment but as it stands now the only time anyone is getting suspended for something like what Dubinsky did is if it's against Crosby. that's the definition of special treatment.

I don't mind making it 5 games, I agree it doesn't really have a place in the game but it should be enforced equally. Honrqvist's hit on Calvert and subsequent bashing of his head back onto the ice was a much more dangerous play and he wasn't even penalized.

the bolded just isn't true dude

it's like you're only paying attention to the Penguins

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:31 AM

let's not forget no penalty OR suspension for Niederreiter's cross check on Maata

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16206151)
the bolded just isn't true dude

it's like you're only paying attention to the Penguins

look at the oduya cross check over the weekend and tell me how it is different in any way than what Dubinsky did.

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 09:31 AM

Maata isn't Crosby

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206156)
look at the oduya cross check over the weekend and tell me how it is different in any way than what Dubinsky did.

i never said it was different, i said it was a prime example of the NHL's perennial inconsistency

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206157)
Maata isn't Crosby

right, but there have been other suspensions for hits on people not named Crosby this season

you know that, right?

fonzz41 12-01-2015 10:45 AM

Aww, we haven't had a hailtopitt/becs spat in a while. I was starting to think this thread was going downhill.

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 10:54 AM

it wasn't much of a spat. he's been whining to the refs the entire game so I labeled him in the back of the head with a cross check.

dmbetc 12-01-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16206340)
Aww, we haven't had a hailtopitt/becs spat in a while. I was starting to think this thread was going downhill.

I needed something to spice up my morning.

speaking of spicing things up, I still need to send you your mystery gift.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206361)
it wasn't much of a spat. he's been whining to the refs the entire game so I labeled him in the back of the head with a cross check.

:lol:lol

fonzz41 12-01-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16206391)
I needed something to spice up my morning.

speaking of spicing things up, I still need to send you your mystery gift.

I've been wanting to ask about that, but didn't want to sound greedy...

dmbetc 12-01-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16206412)
I've been wanting to ask about that, but didn't want to sound greedy...

Has been crazy with work starting and other things coming up. PM me your address and I'll try to get it out by Christmas. I still haven't checked with my roommate if it's up for grabs but that way if it is, I'll have all the info and speed up this surprise.

TMoore4075 12-01-2015 12:44 PM

Matt Greene having shoulder surgery out "long-term."

TMoore4075 12-02-2015 03:29 AM

Wings finding ways to fuck up but got the two points last and got help from most teams. Thanks Philly and Colorado but the Blues couldn't do their part. Also thanks to Brad Richards of all people for helping the Wings not lose a shootout.

salrx95 12-02-2015 05:13 AM

Big game tonight. First Isles-Rag$ game of the year. Sadly, I'm friggin working until 9pm so I will need to watch it on the DVR.

Let's Go Islanders!!!

Hope to see that 4th line dominate like they did Monday night and pound some Rag$ into submission.