Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 04-22-2015 07:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

I'm 2-0 on my picks for tonight so far but my Wild pick ain't looking good right now.

jackisback24 04-22-2015 07:09 PM

Ottawa!!!

lockman21 04-22-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 15920568)
Anaheim/Winnipeg is blacked out in Albany? Wtf?

Code:

https://youtu.be/dr2yURjhm_c
Here ya go. Live HD stream.

daveshookme 04-22-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 15920570)
Oh, found in on USA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15920629)
Code:

https://youtu.be/dr2yURjhm_c

Here ya go. Live HD stream.

Got it at the bar

Climb2safety 04-22-2015 08:18 PM

The average boy at summer camp pulls the goalie quicker than Minnesota

daveshookme 04-22-2015 08:58 PM

Wow Anaheim is owning this 3rd period here. Jets can't get anything started

daveshookme 04-22-2015 09:09 PM

Really don't want this game to go to OT

lockman21 04-22-2015 11:04 PM

Really a shame about Winnipeg. Really wanted to see them win a series.

TMoore4075 04-23-2015 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15920784)
Really a shame about Winnipeg. Really wanted to see them win a series.

I wanted to see them win a game. I said before I didn't want them to pull a Thrashers and get swept....whoops.

salrx95 04-23-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15919272)
I'm worried about the Icelanders because my buddy who is a big fan texted me "rangers islanders round 2!?" After they won game 3. I told him to not get ahead of ourselves, but that definitely sounds like he jynxed his team haha. I mean, NYI have not one a playoff series since I have been watching hockey...which is 20 years. Definitely seems funny to jump ahead like that! We went to the finals last year and I still worried about getting out of round 1!

Yeah, that's dumb. Only thing I am looking ahead to is the next game.

The only thing I have mentioned about a possible round 2 is that I hoped the Rag$ series went long so that "IF" the Islanders advance, the Rangers don't have too much rest. And I was saying that all along, even prior to game 1. I knew our series would go long, win or lose.

Speaking of our series, it was nice of Brooks Laich to applaud the penalty and subsequent injury to Vis saying it was a good penalty to take. Add him to the list.

Islanders are clearly still not happy about the hit and I believe, even though many are young and inexperienced, they will use that energy in the right direction towards positive play and not worry about any kind of payback. There will be a time and place for that. They will be focused on the task at hand.

I'm just happy to watch the game live tonight after watching 3 of the first 4 on the DVR because I worked until 9pm.

~Crashintome89~ 04-23-2015 05:55 AM

It was a clean hit.

TMoore4075 04-23-2015 06:01 AM

Isles better stay focused. Don't get caught up in the hit and/or revenge.

socopithy 04-23-2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15920852)
It was a clean hit.

:lol:lol

salrx95 04-23-2015 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15920852)
It was a clean hit.

I don't believe that for a moment. Vis had clearly been a target of theirs. With no Hamonic, they know it is a huge drop off to our 8th D. I won't say they have been looking to take him out but I bet they saw him as one hard hit, borderline dirty, dirty or whatever from being done and they found a way to get it done. The hit that sent to locker room on Sunday should have been an interference call and wasn't. At least the puck was closer to him to Tuesday.
Hockey can be a mean, tough sport and we saw it on Tuesday.

I just hope the Isles use it as motivation tonight in the right direction.

RiotAct 04-23-2015 06:25 AM

Not going to lie, it's sort of satisfying seeing former Sabres not succeed on their new teams ;) Of course, I did like Stafford quite a bit in his years with Buffalo.

And...

LET'S GO CAPS!!!

unccrombie 04-23-2015 07:07 AM

hoping the caps win this series so we can beat them in the playoffs for a 4th straight year (or whatever).

TMoore4075 04-23-2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15921000)
hoping the caps win this series so we can beat them in the playoffs for a 4th straight year (or whatever).

You did blow that 3-1 lead to them that one year...

Rebecca De Mornay 04-23-2015 07:09 AM

i dont think rangers/islanders or rangers/caps will be a very good series.

i haven't been impressed at all with either of those teams. such a damn shame CBJ had all those injuries.

Climb2safety 04-23-2015 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15919272)
I'm worried about the Icelanders because my buddy who is a big fan texted me "rangers islanders round 2!?" After they won game 3. I told him to not get ahead of ourselves, but that definitely sounds like he jynxed his team haha. I mean, NYI have not one a playoff series since I have been watching hockey...which is 20 years. Definitely seems funny to jump ahead like that! We went to the finals last year and I still worried about getting out of round 1!

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15920842)
Yeah, that's dumb.

I think it's extremely short sighted to dismiss out of pocket areoshady's buddy's ability to jinx the islanders. I think it's entirely possible and from the evidence, may have already happened.

We'll find out more on this tonight of course.

unccrombie 04-23-2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15921005)
You did blow that 3-1 lead to them that one year...

forgot we didnt play them last year. bummer.
they beat us 4-1 in '11

salrx95 04-23-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15921035)
I think it's extremely short sighted to dismiss out of pocket areoshady's buddy's ability to jinx the islanders. I think it's entirely possible and from the evidence, may have already happened.

We'll find out more on this tonight of course.

Dinglebury, I mean, Milbury ran the team for years. There is nothing us fans could do that would be worse than what the owner and management did for years.

salrx95 04-23-2015 07:27 AM

Grabovski officially activated. Someone else with a concussion history that the Caps can target, assuming he will play. Wish it was Hamonic, though, to be honest.

TMoore4075 04-23-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15921058)
they beat us 4-1 in '11

Rangers beat the Caps the last 2 times and Caps won the previous 2.

Climb2safety 04-23-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15921061)
Dinglebury, I mean, Milbury ran the team for years. There is nothing us fans could do that would be worse than what the owner and management did for years.

The only edge I'm hoping plays out is that the caps have been there and lost so many times recently that maybe experience will be a factor for them.

They have come out dead flat in every game though and that's just not a winning formula. Out shot and out hit is no way to go through life.

Homer comment of the day coming, and give credit to the Isles, but I don't think we've seen close to the best hockey the caps can play. Brouwer and Johansson need some points and hopefully Fehr comes back soon.

Dramageek 04-23-2015 07:37 AM

Still stinging from last night. Pens just don't have it this year. Blah. But Rags/Caps or Rags/Isles would be both be good, competitive series.

barbogast 04-23-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15920842)
Speaking of our series, it was nice of Brooks Laich to applaud the penalty and subsequent injury to Vis saying it was a good penalty to take. Add him to the list.

Islanders are clearly still not happy about the hit and I believe, even though many are young and inexperienced, they will use that energy in the right direction towards positive play and not worry about any kind of payback. There will be a time and place for that. They will be focused on the task at hand.

I'm just happy to watch the game live tonight after watching 3 of the first 4 on the DVR because I worked until 9pm.

Laich didn't applaud the fact that Visnovsky got injured. Come on man

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15920866)
:lol:lol

It was pretty clean. The only issues are the closeness of the puck and the fact that it ended up being a head hit (though he didn't target the head, don't even try to say he did)

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15921069)
Grabovski officially activated. Someone else with a concussion history that the Caps can target, assuming he will play. Wish it was Hamonic, though, to be honest.

:lol :lol :lol

Man, if the Islanders are focused on this bullshit as much as you are it should be a pretty smooth night for the Caps

socopithy 04-23-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15921120)
It was pretty clean. The only issues are the closeness of the puck and the fact that it ended up being a head hit (though he didn't target the head, don't even try to say he did)

Come on, you know I'm not a sensationalist.
I'm not saying it wasn't a clean hit. By definition of a clean hit, it was, but I hardly think that's the point.

The point is, it was a charge from a pretty good distance against a player who wasn't involved with the puck. It was just really unnecessary.

barbogast 04-23-2015 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15921124)
I'm not saying it wasn't a clean hit. By definition of a clean hit, it was, but I hardly think that's the point.

The point is, it was a charge from a pretty good distance against a player who wasn't involved with the puck. It was just really unnecessary.

He stopped skating. Didn't see much of a charge. He's allowed to accelerate as long as he stops skating before delivering the hit. Also Visnovsky was absolutely involved with the puck. Not sure what you're talking about there.

unccrombie 04-23-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15921124)

clean hits on clean hits on clean hits

barbogast 04-23-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15921058)
they beat us 4-1 in '11

They also beat you in 09. The Rangers are exactly 2-2 in playoff series vs the Caps since the Ovie era started. Hardly the dominance Rangers fans like to pretend it is.