Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 03-02-2015 04:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

https://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/sta...383232/photo/1

Yandle apparently hasn't received the memo that he's not in Arizona anymore.

TMoore4075 03-02-2015 05:08 PM

Thinks he's Peter Nedved too.

lockman21 03-02-2015 08:21 PM

Well that game was fucking fun. This could be really fun to see how this team plays without 88.

lockman21 03-02-2015 08:31 PM

Holy shit, just saw the injury news to Mark Giordano. How did I miss that?

All the trade talk, I guess. What a fuckin' shame. That really blows.

hailtopitt 03-03-2015 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15849406)
Holy shit, just saw the injury news to Mark Giordano. How did I miss that?

All the trade talk, I guess. What a fuckin' shame. That really blows.

yea that's a bummer, he was having a nice season

does this make Letang the Norris front runner? i say yes

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15849511)

Nah, Lovejoy.

hailtopitt 03-03-2015 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15849526)
Nah, Lovejoy.

:haha:haha

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 05:15 AM

Just trying to get you going. :)

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 05:17 AM

So San Jose can't do shit but then beats one of the best in the East 4-0. Wings need to win tomorrow to try and make up some ground. Now in saying that, it could be the Bruins in round 1 if they win the Atlantic, and that would be a team I don't want to face in the opening round.

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 05:41 AM

Now this is Kypreos who said Suter to the Wings was done and Girardi was part of the Yandle trade so take with a big grain of salt but he was saying Leafs wants Mantha as part of the deal and that's where it fell apart. If they thought they were getting a top prospect to dump a huge salary, they are dreaming. I don't believe they'd be that dumb to ask for that. I understand wanting a "hockey deal" but a future top prospect to dump an over-priced d-man? The deal that was out there makes sense. Weiss, Smith (or another player or ok prospect) and maybe a pick for Dion but Leafs would sitll need to eat 2mil or so on that contract per year. Even though they get stuck with 7mil per (Weiss plus 2mil of dion's contract) they are done with Weiss after 3 years so that frees up a lot. Plus I think Weiss could turn it around there with a new environment.

aeroshady 03-03-2015 07:35 AM

Nice win for the Rangers last night against the NHL's best. Big week continues, but that was a great start to it!

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15849776)
Nice win for the Rangers last night against the NHL's best. Big week continues, but that was a great start to it!

Going down tomorrow bitches. Excited to be there. Thursday will suck cause I have to go to work and it's an 8pm start but...whatever.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-03-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15848953)
Wild Bill Karlsson. Love the trade for the Blue Jackets.

why?

Sekera and Coburn both netted first rounders and players.

CBJ got a second rounder and two AHL'ers and had to throw in a pick of their own.
They were handcuffed by Wiz's no trade clause, he gave them a list of 10 teams who all either had cap issues or no need for an aging, overrated, offesnive minded defenseman.

aeroshady 03-03-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15849795)
Going down tomorrow bitches. Excited to be there. Thursday will suck cause I have to go to work and it's an 8pm start but...whatever.

I am a huge fan bragging.....it makes it that much sweeter when someone's team loses.

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 09:56 AM

Should be a good game. Sounds like Zetterberg will be back too.

swordo84 03-03-2015 09:59 AM

Leafs are in full melt today. :lol

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15850097)
Leafs are in full melt today. :lol

I understand Kessel going to bat for his teammate and I'd assume the TO media does go too far sometimes. Ron Wilson is crazy, is right though. When someone does good for a game or two, the media wants to build a statue but a week later they'd be ready to rip it down. In saying all of that, Elisha Cuthbert's husband is overpaid and is not in a good situation there. Not his fault Toronto management traded for him and offered him that money. lol

swordo84 03-03-2015 10:07 AM

...and somehow the boneheaded gm of the Oilers came out yesterday after doing nothing at the deadline and had the stones to say "I think we're considerably better"

How delusional is this guy? Fuck, this team is going to suck for the next decade.

swordo84 03-03-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15850109)
I understand Kessel going to bat for his teammate and I'd assume the TO media does go too far sometimes. Ron Wilson is crazy, is right though. When someone does good for a game or two, the media wants to build a statue but a week later they'd be ready to rip it down. In saying all of that, Elisha Cuthbert's husband is overpaid and is not in a good situation there. Not his fault Toronto management traded for him and offered him that money. lol

As an active, and proud Leaf hater I love to sit back on days like today and :popcorn

The best point I've seen made (so far) regarding the Phil thing today is... "Shoot a puck at our captain? No response from the team on of off the ice. But if the media slags him...burn them all!!!"

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15850113)
...and somehow the boneheaded gm of the Oilers came out yesterday after doing nothing at the deadline and had the stones to say "I think we're considerably better"

How delusional is this guy? Fuck, this team is going to suck for the next decade.

we traded Petry for (reportedly) less than what we were asking for over the weekend. 5 years after the Seguin/Hall draft and they are nowhere better. It is amazing to me.

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 10:23 AM

Can't imagine Babcock would want to walk into that cluster fuck of a situation in Toronto. PLEASE DON'T GO!

Rebecca De Mornay 03-03-2015 10:28 AM

babcock is not going to toronto.

~Crashintome89~ 03-03-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15849811)
why?

Sekera and Coburn both netted first rounders and players.

CBJ got a second rounder and two AHL'ers and had to throw in a pick of their own.
They were handcuffed by Wiz's no trade clause, he gave them a list of 10 teams who all either had cap issues or no need for an aging, overrated, offesnive minded defenseman.

That's because Sekera and Coburn are better players than Wiz.

I'm merely saying that getting Karlsson is a nice addition for the 'Bus. He's got talent.

~Crashintome89~ 03-03-2015 10:36 AM

Babcock is coming to Philly.

TMoore4075 03-03-2015 10:37 AM

I just hate the uncertainty. I know everyone is high on Blashill in Grand Rapids but a rookie coach taking over? I guess Babcock did with the Ducks. I remember hearing a story once, that when Babs was coaching the Cincinnati AHL team which was a joint minor league team for the Wings and Ducks, he met Ken Holland (in 2002) and said he was gonna be the next coach of the Wings after Scotty. Holland said "we don't hire first year coaches." One year later he was in Anaheim and swept the Wings and took the Ducks to within one win of the Cup....

fonzz41 03-03-2015 11:16 AM

Loved Kessel sticking up for Phaneuf. That's like the most fire since he's shown since... ever.

lockman21 03-03-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15849511)

I think it's Shea Weber's Norris to lose.

hailtopitt 03-03-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15850273)
I think it's Shea Weber's Norris to lose.

yea he's probably the front runner right now, but if Tanger keeps piling up points and playing solid defense, he'll have something to say about it

barbogast 03-03-2015 11:19 AM

So Ted Leonsis, often praised as one of the best owners in sports, has just raised top tier season ticket prices by 250%. That is not a typo, two hundred and fifty percent. What was an $8,000/yr seat (~10 rows off the ice or closer) this season is now a whopping $20,000/yr for next season. What's worse, current STHers were not given any advance notice of the increase, they found out when the annual invoice email came.

As much as I love the Washington Capitals, I absolutely hate that crook. He's in it for the corporate fillers which is surely all that can afford to spend that kind of money. And let's keep one thing in mind here: we're talking about the CAPS. Not the Habs, not the Leafs, not the Wings, not the Hawks. The fucking Capitals. I'm unsure of exact prices for other clubs, but I cannot imagine even for the elite and always in demand franchises that they would be much higher if even this high at all. That breaks down to just under $500 A GAME. Again, for the Washington FUCKING Capitals. Absolutely insane, and a huge slap to many fans that have stuck with this dumpster of a franchise for DECADES. He should be ashamed of himself. But he's not. I hope everyone cancels and the seats stay empty.

hailtopitt 03-03-2015 11:21 AM

:lol Capitals

jesus