Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

bradshaw06 01-28-2015 10:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15792487)
All of a sudden...

Ovie leads the league in goals

hes killing it. pens left him wide open on that pp goal. cant do that.

bradshaw06 01-28-2015 10:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
is it just me or is fighting someone with a visor the dumbest thing ever?

barbogast 01-28-2015 10:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Fleury looking like it's a playoff game

bradshaw06 01-28-2015 10:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15792573)
Fleury looking like it's a playoff game

Not even on fleury. the d hung him out to dry.

bradshaw06 01-28-2015 10:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
pretty awful performance

barbogast 01-28-2015 10:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Great game from the Caps. I freaking love it when they beat one of those teams from PA. Pens looking real rattled at the end.

Good stuff

barbogast 01-28-2015 10:52 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15792581)
Not even on fleury. the d hung him out to dry.

Goal #4 looked like Fleury thought it was round 1. Overall though, Cape crushed that game from start to finish. One of the best games since, well...the last time they played the Pens

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2015 10:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Solid game from the Caps. Fleury was actually on point for most of the game. Caps D was very solid all game long. Penguins looked very rattled in the 3rd. Ovechkin is a beast and Erhoff just bit off more than he could chew. Sill and Perron with some pretty classless moves at the end there.

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2015 10:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Also Holtby hasn't given up a goal to the Penguins yet this season

~Crashintome89~ 01-28-2015 10:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
great thing about being off tomorrow? get to watch some western conference hockey. ohh yeah.

barbogast 01-28-2015 11:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Worst part about this thread is that my team is associated with Brohan

Ugh

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2015 11:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15792654)
Worst part about this thread is that my team is associated with Brohan

Ugh

Dude shut the hell up. Stop trying to appease to others in the thread with unwarranted remarks. :washer

bradshaw06 01-28-2015 11:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15792636)
Solid game from the Caps. Fleury was actually on point for most of the game. Caps D was very solid all game long. Penguins looked very rattled in the 3rd. Ovechkin is a beast and Erhoff just bit off more than he could chew. Sill and Perron with some pretty classless moves at the end there.

Brohan talking about class.

bradshaw06 01-28-2015 11:52 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15792632)
Goal #4 looked like Fleury thought it was round 1. Overall though, Cape crushed that game from start to finish. One of the best games since, well...the last time they played the Pens

a 2 on 1 that he had no real chance on.

doesnt really matter, no matter how fleury plays, people say he's melting after any goal he gives up.

~Crashintome89~ 01-29-2015 12:07 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
2 on 1s in this league right now are so incredibly hard to stop. Unless you got like Jody Shelley and Ben Eager coming down.

dmbetc 01-29-2015 02:11 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
That win felt great. I want Hawks and Kings to always play one another. But I don't think my heart could take it.

~Crashintome89~ 01-29-2015 02:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Sarah, what's been the talk surrounding the Richards move? Do you think this hampers the team at all, or what?

Personally, I think this is a move for the Kings where it's a win-win. He cleared waivers which means two things: one, a trade might open up with another team and the Kings get some cap relief, or soe help on the blue line. Two, no one wants to trade for Richards, and instead, he remains in the AHL until an injury happens. If that occurs, that's okay by me, and probably the Kings--because come playoff time, they'll need a strong body like Richards. Hell, he's won at every level and won two Stanley Cups for God's sake.

barbogast 01-29-2015 07:22 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15792676)
Dude shut the hell up. Stop trying to appease to others in the thread with unwarranted remarks. :washer

:lol you mad?

TMoore4075 01-29-2015 08:21 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
So, Rangers need to win (in regulation) tonight. Make it happen Greg.

lockman21 01-29-2015 08:32 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15792676)
Dude shut the hell up. Stop trying to appease to others in the thread with unwarranted remarks. :washer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQfzwFloVqA

unccrombie 01-29-2015 08:33 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15792882)
So, Rangers need to win (in regulation) tonight. Make it happen Greg.

agreed.
going to be a struggle for the top 3 spots in the metro

barbogast 01-29-2015 08:46 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Feels like the Rangers have had 2-3 games on hand forever now. I need them to start losing some of those.

Also pulling for the Bruins tonight. Another Islanders win and they'll be 8 pts ahead of 3rd place. That's some actual distance.

TMoore4075 01-29-2015 08:52 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15792892)
agreed.
going to be a struggle for the top 3 spots in the metro

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15792904)
Feels like the Rangers have had 2-3 games on hand forever now. I need them to start losing some of those.

Also pulling for the Bruins tonight. Another Islanders win and they'll be 8 pts ahead of 3rd place. That's some actual distance.

That's why I want the Rangers to win, cause Habs have 2 games in hand on the Wings. I don't give a shit about the Rangers themselves. lol A Habs loss and Wings win tonight widens that gap a little to give the Wings some room for error. Not much cause even with a Wings in and Habs loss they would only be up 4 and if the Habs win the two games, they get the tie breaker as of right now.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-29-2015 09:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
any panthers fans in here?

you guys are going DOWN tonight

hailtopitt 01-29-2015 09:04 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15792923)
any panthers fans in here?

you guys are going DOWN tonight

:lol

our little circle of HS friends have become de facto Panthers fans

our friend's cousin finally broke into the league and is a mainstay in their lineup, love seeing all the pittsburgh kids popping up in the league

Roose13 01-29-2015 10:20 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15792676)
Dude shut the hell up. Stop trying to appease to others in the thread with unwarranted remarks. :washer

No, I'm pretty sure his distaste is genuine.

dmbetc 01-29-2015 11:30 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15792806)
Sarah, what's been the talk surrounding the Richards move? Do you think this hampers the team at all, or what?

Personally, I think this is a move for the Kings where it's a win-win. He cleared waivers which means two things: one, a trade might open up with another team and the Kings get some cap relief, or soe help on the blue line. Two, no one wants to trade for Richards, and instead, he remains in the AHL until an injury happens. If that occurs, that's okay by me, and probably the Kings--because come playoff time, they'll need a strong body like Richards. Hell, he's won at every level and won two Stanley Cups for God's sake.

Fan base wise? I think a lot of people are happy he is not out on the ice. Other than Carter, I don't think it hampers the team and Carter did just fine last night. Even though he was very emotional about losing Richards (:lol). (of course, losing a guy is hard on the team...) http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-6

Obviously there is a long stretch ahead and the Kings can't lose anymore guys. As long as they all stay healthy, I feel positive that come playoffs, Pearson will be back and Richards can be called up (assuming he is still here). This team is used to playing long shifts, I just hope it doesn't wear them down come playoffs (if they even make it).

Personally, I'd like to see him gone. His performance has declined, rapidly. And I see myself doing this :BANG often when he is on the ice.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-29-2015 11:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
:lol brohan :lol

Bron Yr Aur 01-29-2015 11:34 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15792487)
All of a sudden...

Ovie leads the league in goals

Wait didn't you want him traded this offseason? :lol

Of course there will always be folks who would prefer to have a team full of "hard working gritty players" instead of elite talent and scorers.

aeroshady 01-29-2015 11:37 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15792882)
So, Rangers need to win (in regulation) tonight. Make it happen Greg.

See what I can do haha


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.