Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

mthawk07 05-10-2017 06:26 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

So for today's omen, the Caps have been eliminated from the playoffs on May 10 the last two years. Third time's a charm?

barbogast 05-10-2017 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786052)
Yeah I must be in the minority but I strongly dislike Lundqvist. I respect what he's done but he has never been a likable guy that I would ever feel good for if he won.

He's probably the biggest diva in the NHL, he constantly flops any time he gets touched and cries to the refs more than any goaltender ive ever watched.

Great player, not a likable person looking in from the outside.

Woah. Cool it, man.

barbogast 05-10-2017 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16786065)
So for today's omen, the Caps have been eliminated from the playoffs on May 10 the last two years. Third time's a charm?

Wow no shit. That's incredible

mthawk07 05-10-2017 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16786067)
Wow no shit. That's incredible

My Facebook On This Day feed is just miserable today. :lol

aeroshady 05-10-2017 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16786034)
Nah.

And I met the guy. :lol :lol

Quote:

Yeah I must be in the minority but I strongly dislike Lundqvist. I respect what he's done but he has never been a likable guy that I would ever feel good for if he won.

He's probably the biggest diva in the NHL, he constantly flops any time he gets touched and cries to the refs more than any goaltender ive ever watched.

Strongly disagree with both posts (obviously). Most of the league loves Hank and has a ton of respect for him. That doesn't happen if you are not a likable guy.

Also, I am sorry, but... :lol :lol :lol at a fan of Pittsburgh calling Hank the biggest diva in the NHL. Crysby has held that title for over a decade man. Don't ruin this, because this series seems the be the first one that Crysby has worn man pants and manned up.

Again, I have a lot of respect for Sid's talent and I feel that the past two years he has really grown up a lot. I have even defended him this series to my Islanders fan friend that hates Crosby with a passion. That said, historically, if you polled NHL fans all over the country and asked who the biggest diva in the NHL is, Crosby would win by a landslide. Pittsburgh may be the only place that would not be the case.

Also, watch Carry Price play to see a goalie complain about everything.

barbogast 05-10-2017 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16786071)
My Facebook On This Day feed is just miserable today. :lol

:lol damn

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786074)
Strongly disagree with both posts (obviously). Most of the league loves Hank and has a ton of respect for him. That doesn't happen if you are not a likable guy.

Also, I am sorry, but... :lol :lol :lol at a fan of Pittsburgh calling Hank the biggest diva in the NHL. Crysby has held that title for over a decade man. Don't ruin this, because this series seems the be the first one that Crysby has worn man pants and manned up.

Again, I have a lot of respect for Sid's talent and I feel that the past two years he has really grown up a lot. I have even defended him this series to my Islanders fan friend that hates Crosby with a passion. That said, historically, if you polled NHL fans all over the country and asked who the biggest diva in the NHL is, Crosby would win by a landslide. Pittsburgh may be the only place that would not be the case.

Also, watch Carry Price play to see a goalie complain about everything.

Sid has never been a diva. Dude never tries to draw attention to himself or say controversial things like blaming teammates the way Hank has his whole career since he's been the guy in NY. The only real criticism of Sid that was ever valid was the whining to the refs stuff and that shit ended like 5 years ago.

Diva is off ice stuff like drawing attention to yourself. Sid has NEVER been that guy.

Also no idea what youre talking about with the bolded. Calling him crysby kind of says all I need to know about your opinion here.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786083)
Sid has never been a diva. Dude never tries to draw attention to himself or say controversial things like blaming teammates the way Hank has his whole career since he's been the guy in NY. The only real criticism of Sid was ever the whining to the refs stuff and that shit ended like 5 years ago.

Diva is off ice stuff like drawing attention to yourself. Sid has NEVER been that guy.

Also no idea what youre talking about with the bolded. Calling him crysby kind of says all I need to know about your opinion here.

Calling him Crysby was a writing technique to make a point. I don't even need to really defend my point here because Sid's reputation among fans around the league is what it is. I get why you would be upset about that being a Pens fan.

Hank draws attention to himself of the ice by being a good-looking guy that is into fashion.

He does tell it like it is to the media because he is a no BS guy in interviews. When the team plays poorly in front of him, he says so. Literally none of his teammates have ever had an issue with this. It has literally never been a story here. Hank has handled the extremely rough NY Media very well over the years. That is why he is so liked.

Edit: To the bold part - I was actually crediting Crosby for play hard and through some rough hits this series. I was pointing that out because I have been receiving texts all series long from my friends who hate Crosby as Flyers fans, Islanders fans, Devils fans, etc ....about how Crosby is a bitch, and I have defended him this series because I don't think he has been against the Caps at all.

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786093)
Calling him Crysby was a writing technique to make a point. I don't even need to really defend my point here because Sid's reputation among fans around the league is what it is. I get why you would be upset about that being a Pens fan.

Hank draws attention to himself of the ice by being a good-looking guy that is into fashion.

He does tell it like it is to the media because he is a no BS guy in interviews.
When the team plays poorly in front of him, he says so. Literally none of his teammates have ever had an issue with this. It has literally never been a story here. Hank has handled the extremely rough NY Media very well over the years. That is why he is so liked.

Right, like a diva. He likes being in the spotlight and having his picture taken.

Sid's "reputation" is based on fans that dont really have an appreciation for the game as a whole, and are going to hate the best player in the game in any manner they can, so they latch onto the one thing that they can say about him, crying, something that really hasnt gone on in a way any more noticeable than any other captain since at least 2012.

Im not an Ovie fan, but I respect the hell out of him because all he cares about is playing the game hard.

Like I said, Hank is great, but I cant think of one player who draws attention to himself in one way or another more than him.

As far as his teammates, I mean what would any of them say to one of the best goaltenders ever who is the crown jewel of one of the leagues biggest franchises. He says what he wants because he knows he can get away with it. Sid could too if he wanted, but he doesnt, because hes not a diva.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786083)
Sid has never been a diva. Dude never tries to draw attention to himself or say controversial things like blaming teammates the way Hank has his whole career since he's been the guy in NY. The only real criticism of Sid that was ever valid was the whining to the refs stuff and that shit ended like 5 years ago.

Also, not to double quote you, but you changed the argument and your own definition of what you considered a Diva from one post to another. So I am not really sure what you are getting at other than you just don't like Hank...

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786102)
Also, not to double quote you, but you changed the argument and your own definition of what you considered a Diva from one post to another. So I am not really sure what you are getting at other than you just don't like Hank...

That first post wasnt defining a diva, I was stating other things he does on top of it.

swordo84 05-10-2017 07:26 AM

Game 7's are the best. Bummed the east is playing too otherwise the Oilers game would have been in at a watchable time for me. Will be trying to tough it out for the 1st period.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 07:30 AM

I think game 7's are the best when the team I root for is not involved. lol

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16786138)
Game 7's are the best. Bummed the east is playing too otherwise the Oilers game would have been in at a watchable time for me. Will be trying to tough it out for the 1st period.

I thought youre in canada.. cant stay up past 11-1130 for a game 7?

Does suck if youve gotta work early or something though.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786144)

Canada has multiple timezones you know right? lol Sorry had to give you shit.

I think he lives in Toronto though and as an old fart staying up till 1am for a game to end is tougher these days.

fonzz41 05-10-2017 07:33 AM

ALL goalies get pissed at their teammates on the ice. I've always taken it as a sign of passion. Hank is the same way. I had one goalie that was the opposite... after a goal he was always like, "it's all good man, it's just a game." Guess what? He was a terrible goalie. :lol

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786146)

I think he lives in Toronto though and as an old fart staying up till 1am for a game to end is tougher these days.

lol yeah I know I was saying the latest timezone that it would be would be the same as eastern in the US, no?

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786150)
lol yeah I know I was saying the latest timezone that it would be would be the same as eastern in the US, no?

Yeah but it's a 10pm EDT start tonight so would end between 12:30-1am eastern... if no OT.

swordo84 05-10-2017 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786144)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786146)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786150)

I'm just outside of Toronto, so EST.

Puck drop is 10:15 for me. We have a 2.5 month at home so sleep is somewhat limited as is, and the alarm goes off at 6am so.....yeah, just the 1st period for me on weeknights.

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16786154)

Puck drop is 10:15 for me. We have a 2.5 month at home so sleep is somewhat limited as is, and the alarm goes off at 6am so.....yeah, just the 1st period for me on weeknights.

Just lay in bed with your phone and some headphones, you can do it!

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

I found it easier when the kiddo was that age. Worked out FANTASTIC when he was about 1.5 months old and he woke between 12-1230 and that was first feeding so that was my turn and so I fed him and was looking at my phone cause Wings were in PHX. Put him down and went downstairs to watch the end of game 4 to watch the Wings sweep. Worked out great. lol Sure I missed the first 2.75 periods but got what it counted.

Sucks Wings moved to the East and then go on no long playoff runs. The last series they won was playing a Pacific Timezone team. One day maybe I can enjoy it.

jrkarger 05-10-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Sounds like #BabyStuff :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nImsigB27ug

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-is-baby-stuff

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16786197)

:lol totally forgot about that.

Exhibit 1A why I dont like him

aeroshady 05-10-2017 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16786197)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786200)

Well as long as we are using BleacherReport as sources:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...nguins-captain

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...by-is-a-whiner

And other sources:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...p_whining.html

https://www.si.com/nhl/home-ice/2011...ard-to-swallow

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/04...h-a-bitch.html

http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/2...ne-at-the-dmv/

Seriously, the amount of articles that popup on the subject are endless. It is a no contest here :lol

Videos as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0XFJInqqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sboI7oS9iZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p2hu28q3Hg

and my personal favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBs1SCgfFJg

jrkarger 05-10-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786200)

:lol :lol

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786152)
Yeah but it's a 10pm EDT start tonight so would end between 12:30-1am eastern... if no OT.

Do the NBA and MLB have early round west coast games starting at 10 PM eastern?

I haven't paid that close of attention but I've always though that their games start early locally so they can be on in prime time in the east.

I've always thought the NHL is doing itself a disservice but not staggering the east and west coast games so every game can be on in eastern prime time; especially with McDavid being on the Oilers.

That would probably be tough in the first round, but my point remains the same that a game 7 with McDavid shouldn't be starting at 10 PM eastern.

EDIT: Apparently the NBA had first round games starting at 10 PM eastern

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-...s-first-round/

jrkarger 05-10-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786211)
Well as long as we are using BleacherReport as sources:

Well since we're posting our favorite vids of Crosby here are two of my favs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUujhxH9Ams (sorry Tim :hug)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGT13Dyh1vI

And, I only posted the bleacherreport because it was the first link that popped up for Fleury's "Baby stuff" quote.

In all honesty I was just joking about Lundqvist. On the list of douchers in the NHL he is way down on the list.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16786228)

And, I only posted the bleacherreport because it was the first link that popped up for Fleury's "Baby stuff" quote.

In all honesty I was just joking about Lundqvist. On the list of douchers in the NHL he is way down on the list.

:thumbsup

I hear you and fair enough :lol. I actually think Crosby has not lived up to that reputation for a a few years either. Like I said, I have defended him this series.

My posts are more about pointing out that when comparing Hank and Crosby as being Divas in the NHL, Hanks name is never mentioned where as Crosby's has historically always been in the mix.

Simply googling "biggest divas in the NHL" or "biggest divas in sports" will produce several lists that Crosby found his way onto. Hank's name never shows up there though haha.

Silly argument, but one that came up from a comment I felt was off the mark.

jrkarger 05-10-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786236)

I hear you and fair enough :lol. I actually think Crosby has not lived up to that reputation for a a few years either. Like I said, I have defended him this series.

My posts are more about pointing out that when comparing Hank and Crosby as being Divas in the NHL, Hanks name is never mentioned where as Crosby's has historically always been in the mix.

Simply googling "biggest divas in the NHL" or "biggest divas in sports" will produce several lists that Crosby found his way onto. Hank's name never shows up there though haha.

Silly argument, but one that came up from a comment I felt was off the mark.

swordo84 05-10-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786157)
Just lay in bed with your phone and some headphones, you can do it!

I would be asleep in about 2min. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786167)
I found it easier when the kiddo was that age. Worked out FANTASTIC when he was about 1.5 months old and he woke between 12-1230 and that was first feeding so that was my turn and so I fed him and was looking at my phone cause Wings were in PHX. Put him down and went downstairs to watch the end of game 4 to watch the Wings sweep. Worked out great. lol Sure I missed the first 2.75 periods but got what it counted.

Sucks Wings moved to the East and then go on no long playoff runs. The last series they won was playing a Pacific Timezone team. One day maybe I can enjoy it.

My wife goes to bed at 9pm, I wake feed the little scamp at 930 and he is out like a light by 10pm - luckily he doesn't normally wake until 3am/4am - and then its all on the Mrs. for feedings. GREAT for weekend games, not so much for weekdays.

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 08:52 AM

You can have your opinion and I can have mine.

Tossing the net over during play is worse than whining to any ref imo. Not surprising in the least there are a bunch of videos/stuff written about crosby whining, hes the highest profile player in the NHL.

I wont back down from my POV that Hank likes to draw attention to himself more than any other player in the league.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16786217)

Do the NBA and MLB have early round west coast games starting at 10 PM eastern?

I haven't paid that close of attention but I've always though that their games start early locally so they can be on in prime time in the east.

I've always thought the NHL is doing itself a disservice but not staggering the east and west coast games so every game can be on in eastern prime time; especially with McDavid being on the Oilers.

That would probably be tough in the first round, but my point remains the same that a game 7 with McDavid shouldn't be starting at 10 PM eastern.

EDIT: Apparently the NBA had first round games starting at 10 PM eastern

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-...s-first-round/

You might be right about MLB but easier for the MLB to do it with much fewer playoff teams but you might be. The NHL just can't do it. I get what you're saying but the NHL actually is pretty decent on the scheduling. The NBA overthinks this shit sometimes because of ratings. Ratings = big money since their TV deal is so important. I remember once for the Pistons game 1 of the 2nd round was like Sunday and then game 2 wasn't until Friday because they were trying to get the perfect schedule. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up.

fonzz41 05-10-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16786252)

:lol :thumbsup I remember the days when I could just lay in bed and read for an hour. Now, if I'm laying down, I'm out before I even turn the page.

swordo84 05-10-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16786228)

Me? I'm really enjoy all the Bettman boo-ing.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16786252)

My wife goes to bed at 9pm, I wake feed the little scamp at 930 and he is out like a light by 10pm - luckily he doesn't normally wake until 3am/4am - and then its all on the Mrs. for feedings. GREAT for weekend games, not so much for weekdays.

Ah see mine went to bed around 9:30-10 so first wake up was between 12-1 and then 2nd between 3-4. Which was the wife's wakeup when she was off for maternity leave.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16786257)
:lol :thumbsup I remember the days when I could just lay in bed and read for an hour. Now, if I'm laying down, I'm out before I even turn the page.

I miss the days of being able to stay up for late games. Hell, in college I would stay up for most of the regular season games on the West Coast for the Wings. One day maybe I'll get back there but kiddo wakes at 6 regularly and we have to leave the house by 7am on weekdays. Get as much rest as possible.

jrkarger 05-10-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786256)
You might be right about MLB but easier for the MLB to do it with much fewer playoff teams but you might be. The NHL just can't do it. I get what you're saying but the NHL actually is pretty decent on the scheduling. The NBA overthinks this shit sometimes because of ratings. Ratings = big money since their TV deal is so important. I remember once for the Pistons game 1 of the 2nd round was like Sunday and then game 2 wasn't until Friday because they were trying to get the perfect schedule. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up.

NBA probably has an easier time too because their games are shorter. A game that starts at even 9 PM eastern would be over 1130-ish assuming no OT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16786260)
Me? I'm really enjoy all the Bettman boo-ing.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786254)
You can have your opinion and I can have mine.

Tossing the net over during play is worse than whining to any ref imo. Not surprising in the least there are a bunch of videos/stuff written about crosby whining, hes the highest profile player in the NHL.

I wont back down from my POV that Hank likes to draw attention to himself more than any other player in the league.

I mean you are a fan of a rival team, it is totally normal for you to have a biased view of a rival star player. I get that man.

I do think you are confusing diva with celebrity though. If his off the ice actions are what you take issue with, I feel you are more just put off that he embraces the celebrity life New York has to offer him. That is something that maybe Crosby does try to avoid.

It does not make Hank a diva for living up that part of his life though. If he stopped showing up to games or refused to talk to some media members (because they were honest about him) like Matt Harvey does, that would make him a diva.

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786268)
I mean you are a fan of a rival team, it is totally normal for you to have a biased view of a rival star player. I get that man.

I do think you are confusing diva with celebrity though. If his off the ice actions are what you take issue with, I feel you are more just put off that he embraces the celebrity life New York has to offer him. That is something that maybe Crosby does try to avoid.

It does not make Hank a diva for living up that part of his life though. If he stopped showing up to games or refused to talk to some media members (because they were honest about him) like Matt Harvey does, that would make him a diva.

Hank just does alot of stuff on ice and off that seems excessive to me. I would think the same thing no matter what team is he is on. His interviews he kind of seems like an asshole, and im sure alot of that is because he is emotional and lets it show, which is fine. But im being 100% honest when I say I cant think of another player that does it as much as him. You could say Subban off the ice but there isnt nearly as much on ice antics with him, in my opinion. And I dont really care who you are or the situation, throwing teammates under the bus is always a bad look, he's the only guy in hockey today that I can think of who has done that off the top of my head.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786268)

I wish I looked as good as him in a suit.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786273)
Hank just does alot of stuff on ice and off that seems excessive to me. I would think the same thing no matter what team is he is on. His interviews he kind of seems like an asshole, and im sure alot of that is because he is emotional and lets it show, which is fine. But im being 100% honest when I say I cant think of another player that does it as much as him. You could say Subban off the ice but there isnt nearly as much on ice antics with him, in my opinion. And I dont really care who you are or the situation, throwing teammates under the bus is always a bad look, he's the only guy in hockey today that I can think of who has done that off the top of my head.

I 100% don't believe you that you would think the same thing about him if he was on the Penguins all these years. Of course you would think those things about him if he were on any team other than Pittsburgh.

I say that as proof by the second bold part and you not naming or even thinking Crosby would or even could be in that conversation historically.

You are just a fan man. Nothing wrong with that. Most fans can only see things through biased eyes. I am guilty of that too sometimes.

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786280)

I wish I looked as good as him, period :lol

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786282)
I 100% don't believe you that you would think the same thing about him if he was on the Penguins all these years. Of course you would think those things about him if he were on any team other than Pittsburgh.

I say that as proof by the second bold part and you not naming or even thinking Crosby would or even could be in that conversation historically.

You are just a fan man. Nothing wrong with that. Most fans can only see things through biased eyes. I am guilty of that too sometimes.

What does Sid do off the ice? When does he flop on the ice?

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786283)

Very true.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786273)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786285)
What does Sid do off the ice? When does he flop on the ice?

Again, these are different arguments :lol. Your first post talks about both on and off, and then you come back with just off ice stuff.

But here is a classy Sid interview where he is doing exactly what you say you dislike about Hank.

This was also posted above...

jrkarger 05-10-2017 09:16 AM

I have no idea what Lundqvist does off of the ice and really don't care because he's not a Penguin and he's a long way from Pittsburgh.

But, I will say that I'm on record in the NFL thread saying that Antonio Brown is an effing clown for the way he acts around these parts.

Disclaimer: not comparing Lunqvist to AB at all because I have no idea what Lundqvist does off of the ice.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786280)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786283)

Missed this, both funny posts :lol

aeroshady 05-10-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16786299)
I have no idea what Lundqvist does off of the ice and really don't care because he's not a Penguin and he's a long way from Pittsburgh.

But, I will say that I'm on record in the NFL thread saying that Antonio Brown is an effing clown for the way he acts around these parts.

Disclaimer: not comparing Lunqvist to AB at all because I have no idea what Lundqvist does off of the ice.

Yeah, I mean, for the most part, I don't pay attention to Sid off the ice in Pittsburgh either. I am in NY and our media does not really care what Crosby is doing in Pittsburgh.....they have enough trouble caring about hockey at all.

I have been by his house though. My Fiancee's uncle lived on the same street as him.

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786298)
Again, these are different arguments :lol. Your first post talks about both on and off, and then you come back with just off ice stuff.

But here is a classy Sid interview where he is doing exactly what you say you dislike about Hank.

This was also posted above...

Talking about a rivalry.. not really anything that weird about those comments. If thats the worst thing youve got on sid besides the ref whining then its not a strong argument.

This argument is going nowhere. My opinion isnt going to change. I dont like Hank, and thats that. Its fine we dont agree.

Im just tense today, for good reason :lol

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16786299)

Agreed on AB. I dont have black and gold blinders on to where I cant see someone being a jerk.

Heres a couple good on ice examples why I dont like hank fwiw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...6Xoqq1eEbM#%21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJtTdxOInA <-- This one is extra classless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTjdwx2CTvY

aeroshady 05-10-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786308)
Talking about a rivalry.. not really anything that weird about those comments. If thats the worst thing youve got on sid besides the ref whining then its not a strong argument.

This argument is going nowhere. My opinion isnt going to change. I dont like Hank, and thats that. Its fine we dont agree.

Im just tense today, for good reason :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786323)
Agreed on AB. I dont have black and gold blinders on to where I cant see someone being a jerk.

Heres a couple good on ice examples why I dont like hank fwiw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...6Xoqq1eEbM#%21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTjdwx2CTvY

You should be :lol

Also, most of those videos are nothing different from any other team. The one with Crosby getting the water to the face was Hank getting payback for a Crosby cheap shot on him in an earlier game. One of the links I posted above has that cheap shot.

Overall I agree that this argument is going no where though.

For me bottom line: Crosby has the reputation, not Hank. That said, Crosby has the Cups, not Hank. So you win some you lose some. I would trade for the Cups though.

For you: Time to refocus on the game you have tonight. Game 7's don't get any bigger!

jrkarger 05-10-2017 10:11 AM

Murray dressing tonight. MAF starting.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...s/201705100174

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 10:42 AM

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/i...mcdavid-photo/

This is a freaking hilarious picture if you haven't seen it.

mr.MikeD 05-10-2017 11:32 AM

are there any interesting hockey games on tonight?

aeroshady 05-10-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16786472)
are there any interesting hockey games on tonight?

http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/games/

Scroll to May 10th! Lets go Germany!!

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 11:48 AM

USA already won so I don't have any I'm psyched for.

barbogast 05-10-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786033)
Again, Hank is screwed as long as he is a Ranger. That said, Barbs, the Sens are beatable. Your Caps have the best chance they have ever had in front of them. Go get it done.

If the Caps lose, Hank and Ovie need to go win a cup together in Vegas :lol

Thanks for that dude. You seem like a really awesome guy Greg and I feel like you genuinely want the Caps to get this done for me. I appreciate that and even though I hate your team I am sorry your team didn't get it done during their window. No matter what happens, you're a pretty fucking cool guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786323)

:lol :lol :lol

Excuse me mr. official, can someone make an announcement for them to stop throwing all those hats?

barbogast 05-10-2017 12:56 PM

Starting to feel the nerves a little bit. I really want this one. I don't wanna be the loser again.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 01:09 PM

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comme...medium=twitter

This would be nuts. So Vegas could sign a player and then trade him to another team that wanted him.

hailtopitt 05-10-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16786378)
Murray dressing tonight. MAF starting.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...s/201705100174

Well, I hope Sully doesn't get an itchy trigger finger. I don't think he will though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786423)
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/i...mcdavid-photo/

This is a freaking hilarious picture if you haven't seen it.

Hahahahahahaha perfection

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16786590)
Well, I hope Sully doesn't get an itchy trigger finger. I don't think he will though.

Hahahahahahaha perfection

Nah hes not stupid enough to put in a cold goalie in a game 7. Ride or die with MAF tonight no doubt.

fonzz41 05-10-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786593)
Nah hes not stupid enough to put in a cold goalie in a game 7. Ride or die with MAF tonight no doubt.

If anything, they're dressing Murray more for the mental effect as much as for the actual relief insurance.

On one hand, MAF may feel less pressure knowing if he screws up, there's no longer a no-name backup that comes in. May lead to him relaxing a bit and therefore playing better.

On the OTHER hand, MAF may feel MORE pressure knowing that an experienced, Cup-winning goalie is waiting in the wings should he screw up.

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16786597)
If anything, they're dressing Murray more for the mental effect as much as for the actual relief insurance.

On one hand, MAF may feel less pressure knowing if he screws up, there's no longer a no-name backup that comes in. May lead to him relaxing a bit and therefore playing better.

On the OTHER hand, MAF may feel MORE pressure knowing that an experienced, Cup-winning goalie is waiting in the wings should he screw up.

I dont really see any of that being an issue. Im sure MAF was well aware Murray was almost back. He was skating the morning of game 6 as well.

If MAF has a good or bad game its not because Murray is sitting on the bench.

jrkarger 05-10-2017 01:51 PM

Or... they could be dressing Murray because he's been medically cleared to play................

Dramageek 05-10-2017 01:54 PM

If Murray's coming in at all tonight, either Fleury's hurt or the game's over already.

Roose13 05-10-2017 01:55 PM

So can we say Pens/Caps is one of the biggest Game 7's in NHL history (excluding ones in the SCF)? I mean, in hindsight, this could be the series that either catapults the Capitals into finally winning a Cup or it's their last chance for a while. Also, this is all thrown out the window if Washington does win but loses in the ECF or SCF.

fonzz41 05-10-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16786618)
So can we say Pens/Caps is one of the biggest Game 7's in NHL history (excluding ones in the SCF)? I mean, in hindsight, this could be the series that either catapults the Capitals into finally winning a Cup or it's their last chance for a while. Also, this is all thrown out the window if Washington does win but loses in the ECF or SCF.

I don't know about history. But for someone like Ovi? This is the game of his career (so far).

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 02:00 PM

Stomach knot and butt clench in full effect. Need some alcohol.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16786491)
Thanks for that dude. You seem like a really awesome guy Greg and I feel like you genuinely want the Caps to get this done for me. I appreciate that and even though I hate your team I am sorry your team didn't get it done during their window. No matter what happens, you're a pretty fucking cool guy.

:lol :thumbsup

Thanks man! I am fully rooting for a Caps v Preds finals. Now that my team is out I have no issue being okay with this finally being the Caps year for you!

Good luck tonight! If possible, try to enjoy the game man! (I know it is impossible to really enjoy a game 7 when your team is in it)

To everyone else, in case I can't pop in here tonight, enjoy the two awesome game 7's we have!

barbogast 05-10-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16786621)
I don't know about history. But for someone like Ovi? This is the game of his career (so far).

This. Precisely. This is a huge moment in the Ovie cycle. This could possibly be an unrecoverable moment, which may seem a bit extreme, but it's no secret the team will look a little different next year and probably won't be as good. They've got some dynamic youth though so it's not like they'll go from 120 point seasons to 75 point seasons but as far as realistically being good enough to win a Cup, yeah, this a huge huge HUGE game.

Climb2safety 05-10-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786593)

I'd imagine there is a 2 maybe 3 goal hook which I'd love but doubt occurs.

barbogast 05-10-2017 02:22 PM

It depends on how it goes. If MAF gives 3 but it's like 3-2 late then obviously he won't be pulled for that, but yeah if it's like 3 real early and fast I could see Sullivan getting an itchy finger

barbogast 05-10-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure I agree with this entirely. Sure winning tonight and losing to the Sens would sting, but if they end up in the Cup Finals but come up short I don't think that's like a huge failure or anything.

I can't believe I just used all those words in a sentence together talking about the Caps.

Pens in 7.

lockman21 05-10-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

I feel like that's recency bias blown way out of proportion.

Probably biggest of Ovie's career, like Matty said, but in NHL history? No. Unless we're being very liberal with the term "biggest".

JRS1386 05-10-2017 02:39 PM

Some local radio guy says that the Caps will win 5 or 6 to nothing

barbogast 05-10-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16786652)

I've seen predictions like that. I can understand why some people are inclined to feel this way, but I gotta say it again the history just says this isn't gonna be a cake walk and could possibly be very ugly.

mthawk07 05-10-2017 03:05 PM

I have zero excitement about this game 7. Too many letdowns in the past to get excited.

lockman21 05-10-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

aka just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks

cry_minarets458 05-10-2017 03:14 PM

If the pens D doesn't improve, game will be over before it starts. Gotta get inspired boys!

Climb2safety 05-10-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Not too late to hop on the bandwagon. Seat next to Barbs.

daveshookme 05-10-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16786654)
I've seen predictions like that. I can understand why some people are inclined to feel this way, but I gotta say it again the history just says this isn't gonna be a cake walk and could possibly be very ugly.

I don't think it gets ugly unless it's a blowout late in the game.

Unless you're talking getting ugly to mean score.

barbogast 05-10-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16786712)
I don't think it gets ugly unless it's a blowout late in the game.

Unless you're talking getting ugly to mean score.

Yeah that's what I meant. Score ugly.

daveshookme 05-10-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16786716)
Yeah that's what I meant. Score ugly.

Right on. That's certainly possible. I could see the pens getting very frustrated if it's like 5-0 late, too. Can't say I'd blame them, either.

cry_minarets458 05-10-2017 04:49 PM

One minute in and the pens look gassed already. I don't get it. Let's see how this goes.

cry_minarets458 05-10-2017 05:23 PM

Penguins know they have a game tonight, right?

mthawk07 05-10-2017 05:25 PM

Really hate these first periods when the Caps dominate and don't score. Leaving the door open too much.

barbogast 05-10-2017 05:27 PM

I don't like how the push at the beginning didn't yield anything. And I actually think the Pens are pushing fairly hard themselves, as much as they can after that initial ten minutes. Good pk there from the Caps. Feels like the Caps are carrying a lot of defensive swallowing look they achieved in game 6 but it hasn't turned into a lead and that's terrifying right now. Pens are one odd man rush from pulling ahead.

hailtopitt 05-10-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16786740)
Penguins know they have a game tonight, right?

That was a pretty even first period IMO

Pens need to better around their own crease though

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 05:46 PM

I think Pens pull this off. Caps started off well but the longer they go not scoring the more they are gonna start questioning themselves.

cry_minarets458 05-10-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16786747)
That was a pretty even first period IMO

Pens need to better around their own crease though

Idk. First period, my perspective was a home team hustling and making great attempts and I see a visiting team barely on offensive attacks and moving slowly all over the ice. Sure, shots were just about even, if not even by the time intermission started, but seemed like a pretty one-sided period to me.

barbogast 05-10-2017 05:59 PM

My god. Here it comes.

mthawk07 05-10-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16786743)
Really hate these first periods when the Caps dominate and don't score. Leaving the door open too much.

Remember when I said this?

mthawk07 05-10-2017 06:10 PM

I love that Doc Emrick is doing his job to stay objective and keep the game exciting, but he should just admit to the world that there's only ever been one possible outcome in this game.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 06:10 PM

MAF just laughing now after that big save. I think they know they've got them. If I'm right, sorry Caps fans.

JRS1386 05-10-2017 06:13 PM

Pretty bummed the nbcsports live sight is not working for me. Stuck with just checking updates on nhl.com

mthawk07 05-10-2017 06:17 PM

I'm pretty sure they could take MAF out of the game, leave the net completely open for the 3rd period, and the Caps still wouldn't score.

barbogast 05-10-2017 06:19 PM

I'm not sure I wanna watch anymore. This is making me fucking crazy.

dmbetc 05-10-2017 06:19 PM

It's embarrassing how many Oilers fans are at Honda Center

:lol Ducks are such a joke. Had a Oilers fan kiss my Oilers patch on my shoulder though..don't know how I feel about that.

~Crashintome89~ 05-10-2017 06:22 PM

you at the game, sarah?

dmbetc 05-10-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16786793)
you at the game, sarah?

You betcha!! Sporting my McDavid All-Star jersey

mthawk07 05-10-2017 06:44 PM

I don't even know why I watched. Fuck May 10.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 06:47 PM

Ovie is a -2 tonight too. I mean this is just stereotypical Caps.