Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Roose13 04-21-2016 08:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16381752)
Everyone knows the best cheesesteaks come from the Jersey Shore anyway. :D

Mother fuck yes. Philly doesn't shit about cheesesteaks. Whitehouse Subs in Atlantic City is nearly 100 years old and famous because of one thing - their fucking cheesesteak.

Also had a badass cheesesteak in Hoboken once. It was a NY style with the bread, flank steak and provolone cheese. Perfect.

Hey, I'm fat and a cheesesteak connosuer so my opinion is very valid :lol:lol

trd1610 04-21-2016 08:45 AM

An explanation doesn't = an excuse for being ignorant. It just explains why he's ignorant. No one is saying it excuses him from facing repercussions or that he shouldn't feel remorse for what he said.

When you look at sports, they are inherently more insensitive and ignorant to social issues. They are manly institutions that are rooted in the bigotry of our country during the 18-1900's. That stuff has trickled through to today. Be it equating player safety when sliding into bases to "wearing dresses" like the Blue Jays manager did, equating women to weakness. Or players using the term fag as an insult, whether it's in hockey or in basketball when Rondo did it earlier this year.

That's actually how shit is, it's not an excuse, it's an explanation.

His emotions probably did get the best of him, and his natural reaction was to yell an insult, a word that's been regularly thrown around in locker rooms as an insult for decades. I'm not saying that makes it right, it's just what happened.

He's been suspended, fined, made public statements and then when out of his way to find a homosexual member of the media afterwards to apologize and tell him that's not the kind of guy he is. What else are you expecting from him?

On another note the conversation around "fag" always reminds me of this South Park episode

http://youtu.be/yskrelBCD0g

Roose13 04-21-2016 08:45 AM

A couple takes:

-Laughton hit was scary but nothing dirty. Just a shove and he caught an edge. Just a dangerous part of the ice.

-Good for Shaw. It doesn't matter if he knows he has to see that reporter in the next years or not. That takes being a grown up. I've been in his situation before having said stuff that I should never have in the heat of the moment and I've felt awful after. I like Shaw as a player and I hope he grows from it.

-Schenn a dirty player? Shut the fuck up Brohan, seriously. Go learn what a Gordie Howe hat trick is and then maybe the adults will let you sit at the big table.

Lcsulla 04-21-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16382852)
but what did he explain? i mean, first he says "he doesn't remember" what he said and then he apologizes for letting "emotions getting the best" of him

So you think the apology was insincere? Have you never gotten really pissed off and started yelling only to subsequently forget the exact words you used? Emotions have never gotten the best of you and brought out the worst in you? I thought the apology was sincere and to the point - hopefully he grows from what he did.

Lcsulla 04-21-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16382879)
An explanation doesn't = an excuse for being ignorant. It just explains why he's ignorant. No one is saying it excuses him from facing repercussions or that he shouldn't feel remorse for what he said.

When you look at sports, they are inherently more insensitive and ignorant to social issues. They are manly institutions that are rooted in the bigotry of our country during the 18-1900's. That stuff has trickled through to today. Be it equating player safety when sliding into bases to "wearing dresses" like the Blue Jays manager did, equating women to weakness. Or players using the term fag as an insult, whether it's in hockey or in basketball when Rondo did it earlier this year.

That's actually how shit is, it's not an excuse, it's an explanation.

His emotions probably did get the best of him, and his natural reaction was to yell an insult, a word that's been regularly thrown around in locker rooms as an insult for decades. I'm not saying that makes it right, it's just what happened.

He's been suspended, fined, made public statements and then when out of his way to find a homosexual member of the media afterwards to apologize and tell him that's not the kind of guy he is. What else are you expecting from him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16382881)

-Good for Shaw. It doesn't matter if he knows he has to see that reporter in the next years or not. That takes being a grown up. I've been in his situation before having said stuff that I should never have in the heat of the moment and I've felt awful after. I like Shaw as a player and I hope he grows from it.

Agreed on both counts. Hopefully he learns and matures from this.

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16382887)
So you think the apology was insincere? Have you never gotten really pissed off and started yelling only to subsequently forget the exact words you used? Emotions have never gotten the best of you and brought out the worst in you? I thought the apology was sincere and to the point - hopefully he grows from what he did.

i'm sure it was sincere, and i know we are a society that loves 2nd chances. which is fine. i'm just saying that part of being a professional it to NOT let your emotions get the best of you to the point where you're shouting homophobic slurs

sure, i've regretted saying some things before but i can't think of a time where shortly after it happened i completely forget what i said. i don't believe he forgot what he said for one minute

and yea, i'm glad he apologized. it was the right thing to do at that point. i'm just not going to give him a free pass and brush it off as an "explanation". thats all im saying

Climb2safety 04-21-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16382696)
So what are people's thoughts on the Laughton hit last night. I use the term hit loosely as it was mainly a shove

Equal in every way to the one on Orpik.

Lcsulla 04-21-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16382907)
i'm sure it was sincere, and i know we are a society that loves 2nd chances. which is fine. i'm just saying that part of being a professional it to NOT let your emotions get the best of you to the point where you're shouting homophobic slurs

sure, i've regretted saying some things before but i can't think of a time where shortly after it happened i completely forget what i said. i don't believe he forgot what he said for one minute

and yea, i'm glad he apologized. it was the right thing to do at that point. i'm just not going to give him a free pass and brush it off as an "explanation". thats all im saying

Fair enough, lets move on and hope he learned his lesson.

As for meltdowns - I recall a soccer game I played in HS where we lost to a very inferior team in OT during a rainstorm. I was 18 and some reporter came up to my soaking wet and muddy ass and he asked me how I felt. I snapped and ranted every curse I could think of in a matter of 45 seconds. 10 minutes later I knew I had flown off the handle due to frustration but I had no idea exactly what I said.

JRS1386 04-21-2016 09:28 AM

Ok so everyone agrees on Laughton, good. So if the Flyers win Game 5 how much worry will Caps fans feel?

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16382944)
Fair enough, lets move on and hope he learned his lesson.

:thumbsup

Kings v. Sharks was fun to watch last night. always like the atmosphere in the Shark Tank for the playoffs, especially against L.A.

it's not that the Kings look terrible, but the Sharks are a terrible matchup for the Kings this year. They skate better, possess the puck better and are just cleaner all around (line changes, special teams etc)

glad i stayed up to watch the whole game though

fucking playoffs make me so tired for work :lol

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16382955)
Ok so everyone agrees on Laughton, good. So if the Flyers win Game 5 how much worry will Caps fans feel?

they should feel a lot if that happens because the last thing they need is to go BACK to philly

fonzz41 04-21-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16382956)
:thumbsup

Kings v. Sharks was fun to watch last night. always like the atmosphere in the Shark Tank for the playoffs, especially against L.A.

it's not that the Kings look terrible, but the Sharks are a terrible matchup for the Kings this year. They skate better, possess the puck better and are just cleaner all around (line changes, special teams etc)

glad i stayed up to watch the whole game though

The Sharks have looked great. Crazy thing is, aside from the goalie situation which is completely different, there really hasn't been too many major roster changes since last season. I think it just took a fundamental attitude change. You can tell DeBoer really has them believing in themselves and in the system.

Climb2safety 04-21-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

My head will be mildly concerned. My heart will go to some dark places.

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16382965)
The Sharks have looked great. Crazy thing is, aside from the goalie situation which is completely different, there really hasn't been too many major roster changes since last season. I think it just took a fundamental attitude change. You can tell DeBoer really has them believing in themselves and in the system.

yea i agree...i also think a factor is that the Kings are closer to last year's non-playoff team than they are to the 2014 Cup team

they are a year older, a step slower, and lack the fire power the comeback from a big deficit

i thought L.A.'s first goal should've been overturned last night as well. looked like interference to me

dmbetc 04-21-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16382685)
Tell Dustin if they get eliminated, HE'S the one that has to shave your legs. That'll motivate him.

He'll have to do it quick. I don't think he'll be around very much longer.

CrushB610 04-21-2016 09:36 AM

summary of last night

-no bracelets, just t shirts
-gotta say having been to a couple playoff games before in the lots and concourse before the game this did not feel like a playoff game at all. atmosphere was very blah. Ghost goal energized everyone .
-having not agreed with bringing in Neuvirth, he played great
-that 3rd pd was unreal as far as the ice tilt. Our seats are on the side of the ice the Flyers shoot at twice and I swear there was no action in our zone for more than a total of 2 minutes of the entire 3rd. if that game went 2 mins longer caps woulda tied it... and prob ended the series in OT. Flyers have a tendency to play defensive with a lead and it usually hurts them.
-Laughton hit was scary. hope hes alright
-Someone called Schenn dirty??? I thought all of his hits looked clean. he was just hitting everything in sight.
-manning layed Wilson outtttt late in the 3rd, which I got a kick out of since Wilson a shift or 2 earlier was pulling some nonsense in a scrum around the net

I was pleasantly surprised that the Flyers won.. I thought they would have no energy and the caps would put them out of their misery. Now if they are to win tomorrow night, there will be a ton of pressure on the Caps having to go back to philly for game 6.

Lcsulla 04-21-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16382956)

Agreed, some of those west coast games do not end until well after midnight on the east coast. Hell, I remember a couple of the Hawks/Ducks games in the conference finals last year going to 2 or 3 OT's and I was brewing coffee at midnight so I wouldn't doze off and miss the end which generally ended after 2am here!

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16382974)
He'll have to do it quick. I don't think he'll be around very much longer.

oh my god you make it sound like he has a terminal illness

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16382977)
Agreed, some of those west boast games do not end until well after midnight. Hell, I remember a couple of the Hawks/Ducks games in the conference finals last year going to 2 or 3 OT's and I was brewing coffee at midnight so I wouldn't doze off and miss the end!

it's after 1:00 AM for me!

Lcsulla 04-21-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16382981)
it's after 1:00 AM for me!

Wait, your location says Pittsburgh, aren't you eastern standard time like I am?

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16382988)
Wait, your location says Pittsburgh, aren't you eastern standard time like I am?

yea (eastern daylight technically)

but if there's a 10:30 PM start, it won't end until after 1:00 AM

TMoore4075 04-21-2016 09:48 AM

The old days I'd stay up for the games. I take the rest when I can now. I have to get my ass going and help get a 5 year old going. I have to be at my best in the am.

TMoore4075 04-21-2016 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16382991)

Thank you for using the correct wordage here.

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16382998)
Thank you for using the correct wordage here.

:thumbsup i have no clue why, but that's one of my biggest pet peeves :lol

TMoore4075 04-21-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16383001)

Mine too. Not that I use proper English or punctuation...well ever but this one drives me nuts. My mom was talking about something at work the other day and said noon Eastern Standard Time....I said "Oh, so 1pm?" She didn't get it.

Lcsulla 04-21-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16382991)

but if there's a 10:30 PM start, it won't end until after 1:00 AM

Yeah, I know we are now in EDT but EST is still a common term: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/est

Personally I cannot stand the time changes, they take me about a week before my internal clock is not all fucked up! :lol

Climb2safety 04-21-2016 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16383001)

I'd love to see your full list of peeves dude. :)

TMoore4075 04-21-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16383020)
Yeah, I know we are now in EDT but EST is still a common term: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/est

Personally I cannot stand the time changes, they take me about a week before my internal clock is not all fucked up! :lol

They are the most useless things ever.

JRS1386 04-21-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16382988)

Hell runs on its on time zone

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16383028)
I'd love to see your full list of peeves dude. :)

if the Pens win the Cup i'll publish the full list in here :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16383113)

another pittsburgh sucks joke?

:: yawn ::

~Crashintome89~ 04-21-2016 10:41 AM

Pittsburgh does suck. Could barely take care of a NHL franchise until the NHL decided give them a bone in Crosby.

jrkarger 04-21-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16383113)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_dZw1iBWL0

There's two 'T's in "Pittsburgh", boys.

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16383161)
Pittsburgh does suck. Could barely take care of a NHL franchise until the NHL decided give them a bone in Crosby.

:lol you have no idea what you're talking about

~Crashintome89~ 04-21-2016 10:59 AM

Kansas City Penguins.

JRS1386 04-21-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16383142)
if the Pens win the Cup i'll publish the full list in here :lol

another pittsburgh sucks joke?

#garageleague

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 11:11 AM

^^ aren't they cute

JRS1386 04-21-2016 11:12 AM

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2788701

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16383249)

is this supposed to be breaking news? or somehow prove that the NHL rigged the draft lottery?

not seeing the significance here...

unccrombie 04-21-2016 11:15 AM

pittsburg to seattle and expansion in Vegas?
ok
ok
ok

barbogast 04-21-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16382881)
-Schenn a dirty player?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 16382976)
-Someone called Schenn dirty??? I thought all of his hits looked clean. he was just hitting everything in sight.

You guys might wanna look at his play on Kunzetsov. Not saying he's a dirty player, but that play was

Quote:

You already know my answer to this

YouNeverKnow25 04-21-2016 11:16 AM

I don't give two shits one way or the other but every team in professional sports is "aggressively seeking relocation" when they've got their hand out for some public money to build a stadium with

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16383263)
I don't give two shits one way or the other but every team in professional sports is "aggressively seeking relocation" when they've got their hand out for some public money to build a stadium with

yes, it's called a bargaining chip

barbogast 04-21-2016 11:18 AM

Kansas City Penguins :lol :lol :lol

I remember that

Of course DC almost lost the Caps once upon a time too so I won't poke any more fun

YouNeverKnow25 04-21-2016 11:19 AM

I'd call it holding your own fans hostage but tomato-tomahto

TMoore4075 04-21-2016 11:22 AM

Kansas City Penguins, Hamilton Predators, Nashville Devils, Seattle Coyotes...we've had quite a few over the last few years.

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 11:23 AM

it's just our resident Flyer fans being ignorant

nothing to see here

jrkarger 04-21-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16383249)

Flyers fans apparently don't read the 9 year old articles they post in their entirety before they post them.

If the article was meant to prove the following bolded...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16383161)

And if they intent of the bolded was a dig at the supposed lack of support from Pens fans, perhaps find an article that didn't say this...

Quote:

However, the Penguins would be leaving one of the NHL's strongest U.S. markets for a smaller one that lost an NHL team in 1976 after only two seasons because of lack of support. The Penguins' home attendance and local TV ratings are among the strongest of the 24 United States-based franchises....

The Penguins' hardball negotiating stance comes with the team contending for a playoff spot for the first time in six years. A youthful team led by Crosby and rookies Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal has become one of the league's prime attendance draws. At home, the Penguins are playing to nearly 96 percent of arena capacity for the season. All of their remaining nine home games are expected to attract standing-room-only crowds.

The Penguins have also begun selling season tickets for the 2007-08 season in Pittsburgh, even though they have not agreed to play there another season.

"They're tough negotiators," Rendell said.

JRS1386 04-21-2016 11:26 AM

I was posting that story because I figured most Penguin fans in here weren't fans of the team back then

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16383297)
I was posting that story because I figured most Penguin fans in here weren't fans of the team back then

you guys are really good at trolling lemme tell ya

jrkarger 04-21-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Ummmm, ok. That doesn't make any sense either.

Between this and Zilla's incoherent revisionist history ramblings about the draft in the NFL thread, it's not shaping up as a good day for Philly fans around here.

~Crashintome89~ 04-21-2016 11:32 AM

I mean plus the fact that they let an actual helicopter crash inside their home arena just says it all.

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16383305)
I mean plus the fact that they let an actual helicopter crash inside their home arena just says it all.

:lol:lol :thumbsup

Dramageek 04-21-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

For my part, I've been a fan of the team since I was a little kid in the mid '80's and stuck with them through the Rico Fata era.

^^ :lol :lol I went to a filming session for that movie. I got to see an amusing faux-hockey game as well as JCVD himself. Alas, no chopper crash that day, though.

jrkarger 04-21-2016 11:34 AM

:lol :lol :lol. I heard that if Zatkoff and Jarry got hurt in Games 1 and 2 that Van Damme was next on the depth chart.

:lol

jrkarger 04-21-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16383308)
For my part, I've been a fan of the team since I was a little kid in the mid '80's and stuck with them through the Rico Fata era.

Don't forget Milan Kraft and Kris Beech!!!!!

JRS1386 04-21-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Why wouldn't you? Rico Fata is the man

~Crashintome89~ 04-21-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

aka "The Golden Age."

fonzz41 04-21-2016 11:38 AM

I still get a halfsie when I imagine what it would have been like to see Fata and Daigle play together.

Dramageek 04-21-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16383312)
Don't forget Milan Kraft and Kris Beech!!!!!

How could I forget such greatness?! That's when Craig Patrick traded Alexei Kovalev to "improve playoff positioning" or some such nonsense. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16383314)
Why wouldn't you? Rico Fata is the man

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16383315)
aka "The Golden Age."

But of course!

Lcsulla 04-21-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16383037)
They are the most useless things ever.

Agree, they drive me crazy too. Half the time for about a week I feel like someone owes me a day! :lol

Be some fun hockey tonight.

Rangers and Ducks trying to even up their series while the Hawks and Wings look to stay in the hunt.

hailtopitt 04-21-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16383318)
I still get a halfsie when I imagine what it would have been like to see Fata and Daigle play together.

something like this...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...gei2o1_400.gif

Lcsulla 04-21-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16383267)
yes, it's called a bargaining chip

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16383275)
Of course DC almost lost the Caps once upon a time too so I won't poke any more fun

Yeah, I am shutting my trap too considering it has been almost 20 years since the Whalers skipped town on us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16383289)
it's just our resident Flyer fans being ignorant

The few bad apples make them all look like asses but it is not completely fair to Phillie fans at all. They are not all the same morons who booed and threw snowballs at santa claus! :lol

jrkarger 04-21-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16383416)
The few bad apples make them all look like asses but it is not completely fair to Phillie fans at all. They are not all the same morons who booed and threw snowballs at santa claus! :lol

How many of them cheered when Michael Irving was carted off of that green concrete on a stretcher?

Roose13 04-21-2016 01:33 PM

Fuck it, that shitty drunken poor excuse of a Santa had it coming. Now can we stop bringing it up? Lowest of the low-hanging fruit out there.

JRS1386 04-21-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16383444)
How many of them cheered when Michael Irving was carted off of that green concrete on a stretcher?

Pretty sure they were cheering on the ems people

jrkarger 04-21-2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16383449)
Pretty sure they were cheering on the ems people

How classy. I would expect nothing less.

Lcsulla 04-21-2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16383447)
Fuck it, that shitty drunken poor excuse of a Santa had it coming. Now can we stop bringing it up? Lowest of the low-hanging fruit out there.

Hence the laughing emoticon at the end of my post! :)

Dramageek 04-21-2016 04:13 PM

That was fast! Nice job, Eric Fehr!

trd1610 04-21-2016 04:22 PM

Another 5 on 3 kill by Tampa. Detroit rang the post early but an otherwise great kill.

Dramageek 04-21-2016 04:26 PM

Crosby on the PP! Great start Pens! Keep your foot on the gas!

Brohan_Santana 04-21-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 16382976)

https://twitter.com/recordsandradio/...53938249633792

That's pretty fucking dirty if you ask me. Could have torn ligaments

Dramageek 04-21-2016 04:47 PM

Boom! Sheary! I love that kid.

BeyondKnight 04-21-2016 04:59 PM

MSG hasn't seen this level of disappointment since Goldberg vs Lesnar...

rconverse 04-21-2016 05:09 PM

Anyone know how to watch hockey on your phone (hockey on your phone?)?

BeyondKnight 04-21-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16383593)
Anyone know how to watch hockey on your phone (hockey on your phone?)?

If you have a cable subscription, I think the NBCsN app streams all the games.

Dramageek 04-21-2016 05:18 PM

I am score!! Woooo!

rconverse 04-21-2016 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16383596)
If you have a cable subscription, I think the NBCsN app streams all the games.

Okay. I guess it doesn't matter if I download an app since I'm going to be burning through data like crazy anyways.

Looks like I'm in. Thanks!!

barbogast 04-21-2016 05:27 PM

:lol :lol Rangers

Roose13 04-21-2016 05:31 PM

How'd he miss?!?!

aeroshady 04-21-2016 05:32 PM

Wow am I glad I am in class for this game! Haha

Knew it wasn't our year. Can't see the Rangers coming back from 3-1 again lol

aeroshady 04-21-2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16383582)
MSG hasn't seen this level of disappointment since Goldberg vs Lesnar...

Sadly, I was at that match haha

unccrombie 04-21-2016 05:33 PM

Fairly appaled by the lack of effort. I'm all for breaking up this team.

Roose13 04-21-2016 05:34 PM

To quote Stone Cold Steve Austin: "My hearing ain't too good but you got about 20,000 people calling you an asshole."

unccrombie 04-21-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16383629)
Wow am I glad I am in class for this game! Haha

Knew it wasn't our year. Can't see the Rangers coming back from 3-1 again lol

At least the Pens look 100% capable is beating the caps

aeroshady 04-21-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16383632)
Fairly appaled by the lack of effort. I'm all for breaking up this team.

I am with you here. It has been long over due to be honest.

barbogast 04-21-2016 05:37 PM

:lol that Kunitz incident was great

barbogast 04-21-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16383637)
At least the Pens look 100% capable is beating the caps

100% this

rconverse 04-21-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16382417)
So you've never seen or heard someone making amends or apologizing for something they did even if they didn't experience negative repercussions?

Sounds like maybe you aren't surrounding yourself with many honest people or you just have a negative outlook

Hopefully it's not a negative outlook otherwise lockman will snap at you

I feel like I should "get" this more than I do. BUT, I do think that people apologize for things even if there isn't a backlash. In a sense, I'm sure Shaw is sorry but I'm also pretty sure he'll use that word again.

Brohan_Santana 04-21-2016 06:00 PM

Pretty amazing to see how far the Penguins have come since November/December. Team was lost back then and now they've truly found their identity has as a team. Sullivan has done a great job at righting the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rconverse 04-21-2016 06:22 PM

Oh man. I'm heading into central IL which means not a great signal. Why doesn't Amtrak have wifi?!?

rconverse 04-21-2016 06:30 PM

And, of course, the game is blacked out on that app due to local restrictions.

I'm not even fucking kidding. My DTV bill is $200/month for just tv, no cable. Why the fuck is it a nightmare to watch this game on my phone. Utter horseshit!

rconverse 04-21-2016 06:34 PM

Any other suggestions on how to watch online? I tried to download Comcast Chicago but it doesn't appear to support live streaming.

JRS1386 04-21-2016 06:35 PM

Try Reddit NHL streams sub

Dramageek 04-21-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16383667)
Pretty amazing to see how far the Penguins have come since November/December. Team was lost back then and now they've truly found their identity has as a team. Sullivan has done a great job at righting the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HCMS did an incredible job rallying the troops. Plus he brought up the young and speedy guys from Wilkes Barre like Rust, Kunhackl and Sheary. And they've contributed. Bylsma or Johnston would not be playing those guys. (Because Craig Adams and Tanner Glass try so hard! :lol)

Credit also to Jim Rutherford. His moves have worked this year. Bringing in Bonino, Fehr and, of course, Uncle Phil in the offseason. He unloaded the disappointing Perron for Haeglin. And he unloaded fucking Rob Scuderi for Trevor Daley!

Just a great performance by the Pens organization, especially from December onward.

unccrombie 04-21-2016 06:39 PM

Truth.
Yet we continue to play Dan Boyle and Tanner Glass
Great coaching, Elaine

Dramageek 04-21-2016 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The girl in the background seems to sum up how the Rangers and their fans feel tonight:

unccrombie 04-21-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16383712)
The girl in the background seems to sum up how the Rangers and their fans feel tonight:

No, more like crying villanova girl.

Dramageek 04-21-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16383714)
No, more like crying villanova girl.

:lol That, too.

fonzz41 04-21-2016 06:55 PM

Condolences, Tim.

The NHL will be a little less exciting without Pavel Datsyuk.

aeroshady 04-21-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16383712)

I honestly feel bad for Rangers fans that actually spend those crazy prices to go to their playoff games.

I am also curious if I will be able to continue to watch the playoffs after we get bounced. Last few years I couldn't watch, but we also got bounced later in the playoffs. This year the expected early exit is making it seem not as bad. So maybe I can stick with it.