Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 11-28-2015 11:33 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

https://streamable.com/shng

3 on 3 is the fuckin' best.

lockman21 11-28-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16203817)
Well I'm glad you took years to make that assessment.

Just reminded of it from last night's game. God, he's a douche.

Roose13 11-28-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16203821)
https://streamable.com/shng

3 on 3 is the fuckin' best.

God bless the 3-on-3. If we're gonna have a gimmick determine an extra point I'd rather it be a team thing. I'm so fucking excited for the all-star format.

TMoore4075 11-28-2015 12:32 PM

It was only 26 seconds in ot for the Wings last night but it went from Kronwall almost losing the puck in front of the net and losing the game and then went down on a 2 on 1 with Larkin to win it. Everyone around me on Wednesday seemed to loved it...just not the result that night.

aeroshady 11-28-2015 01:47 PM

Suddenly the Rangers suck. Schedule not giving them any breaks. Anyway, time for a team meeting to right the ship.

dmbetc 11-28-2015 05:45 PM

That Malkin goal :hump

https://twitter.com/foxsportslive/st...78167519375361

barbogast 11-28-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16203991)

Holy wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16203883)
Suddenly the Rangers suck. Schedule not giving them any breaks. Anyway, time for a team meeting to right the ship.

The way they were playing, not too surprising honestly. Their record looks much better than their on ice play. They got very lucky a lot for the first 6 weeks or so of the season. A slide was to be expected.

cry_minarets458 11-28-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16203840)
God bless the 3-on-3. If we're gonna have a gimmick determine an extra point I'd rather it be a team thing. I'm so fucking excited for the all-star format.

First all star game I watch in a bit. Can't wait for this new format!!

BotheLaneFan 11-28-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16203994)
Holy wow!

The way they were playing, not too surprising honestly. Their record looks much better than their on ice play. They got very lucky a lot for the first 6 weeks or so of the season. A slide was to be expected.

Not according to the bellman at my work, who proclaimed them the best team in the NHL BY FAR and how they will set the record for wins in a season and blah blah blah.

(He's the worst. :) )

fonzz41 11-28-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16203786)
I might be in the minority here, but I don't think the hit is suspend-able.

I don't think it was necessarily suspendable either. But more on-ice discipline needs to occur to curb this behavior. Remember what the league did when they wanted to eliminate clutch and grab? They called every single hold or interference infraction they saw. Before long, the game had sped up. The players learned. I am pretty comfortable in guaranteeing that if you started giving 5 minute majors out instead of a simple minor penalty for dangerous boarding checks like that of Beleskey , behavior would start to change. No one wants to be the guy that puts their team on the PK for a quarter of a period.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16203780)
The fact that injuries define suspensions is the most asinine thing the NHL does.

Absolutely. It totally feeds into the notion that actions are justified or condemned by the amount of damage done.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16203784)
Also, I really wish we'd see more major penalties. It really seems the league is afraid to call those.

Definitely on the same page here, as mentioned above. As a ref, I do this a lot (Major penalty for Boarding). Then, I make sure to skate skate to the penalty box with the offending player and explain why I'm giving him the major penalty. The coach is usually pissed as hell after he hears that it's a major, so I'll often skate over and give him a quick explanation as well. I've found that the severity of the penalty, combined with a bit of education, helps a lot. I've had coaches, players, and parents come to me after games and express appreciation for taking the time to explain why, and also the emphasis on overall player safety. Of course, I've also had players, parents, and coaches tell me what they're going to do to my mother after I hand out that kind of penalty, so...

Not trying to set myself up as the golden standard for all officiating (rec league, high school, and lower division college refereeing is a BIT different than pros), but just demonstrating that it works.

dmbetc 11-28-2015 10:02 PM

Of course Kings Hawks goes to OT.

*Nail biter*

dmbetc 11-28-2015 10:10 PM

GABORIK!!!

3-on-3 the best

Come back Kings

TMoore4075 11-29-2015 11:15 AM

So as the season has gone on now we've got a lot of guys out there wondering about Stamkos staying in TB. I'm starting to wonder.

TMoore4075 11-29-2015 01:40 PM

A blown third period lead for the 4th straight game. Thanks Wings.

unccrombie 11-30-2015 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16203883)

from what I got to watch over the holidays, it looked rough, with the boston game being the better of the 3.

aeroshady 11-30-2015 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16203994)
Holy wow!

Don't know if I would go that far. Being out shot does not automatically mean being out played. If the Rangers are playing a counter attack game well I am cool with that.

However, the way they have played since the Tampa game is concerning. Again, only in the short term though. I am being positive this season. The Rangers will be a playoff team and will be hard to knock out again. They just need to get past mid-season slumps and get hot at the right times.

Lcsulla 11-30-2015 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16204150)
Of course Kings Hawks goes to OT.

*Nail biter*

Ugh, that loss was a tough one to swallow. Great game though, don't think I fell asleep until after 2am here after that game. Honestly though I am still trying to figure out how we blew that lead. You guys out played us the whole game but could not score until the third when I thought the Hawks had it wrapped up late. Hawks got outhit, out shot and made some mistakes they usually do not make. Not to mention we had two very good chances to seal the deal with breakaways from Toews and Desjardins that Quick denied. It pains me to say but we got outplayed and the Kings deserved the win. OT seems to be the norm for these two teams when they face off. Outcome aside Kane and Keith are playing extremely well - pretty much on fire! till a bit ticked we could never get that 3rd goal. Great game though even if the outcome frustrated me and cost me quite a bit of sleep. We just got outplayed, plain and simple but I thought the Hawks could pull it off.

Alazais 11-30-2015 08:33 AM

Leafs are starting Garrett Sparks tonight instead of Bernier. It'll be his first career NHL start. Why you ask? Well, Bernier is simply the worst.

Leafs are going to win the cup.

TMoore4075 11-30-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16205010)
Leafs are starting Garrett Sparks tonight instead of Bernier. It'll be his first career NHL start. Why you ask? Well, Bernier is simply the worst.

Leafs are going to win the cup.

Everyone thought Bernier was gonna be great when he was moved to TO, that hasn't quite happened.

Roose13 11-30-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Sweet Baby Jesus.

hailtopitt 11-30-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

very similar to the hat trick goal he scored in the 2009 ECF against Carolina

every once in a while Malkin decides he's gonna go next level and it's beautiful

dmbetc 11-30-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16204986)
Ugh, that loss was a tough one to swallow. Great game though, don't think I fell asleep until after 2am here after that game. Honestly though I am still trying to figure out how we blew that lead. You guys out played us the whole game but could not score until the third when I thought the Hawks had it wrapped up late. Hawks got outhit, out shot and made some mistakes they usually do not make. Not to mention we had two very good chances to seal the deal with breakaways from Toews and Desjardins that Quick denied. It pains me to say but we got outplayed and the Kings deserved the win. OT seems to be the norm for these two teams when they face off. Outcome aside Kane and Keith are playing extremely well - pretty much on fire! till a bit ticked we could never get that 3rd goal. Great game though even if the outcome frustrated me and cost me quite a bit of sleep. We just got outplayed, plain and simple but I thought the Hawks could pull it off.

It's always such a coin toss between Hawks/Kings. Makes for the best hockey.

swordo84 11-30-2015 06:35 PM

The Oilers are really, really bad at hockey.

mr.MikeD 11-30-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16205655)
The Oilers are really, really bad at hockey.

Yep. I didn't think this was a cup winning year or anything, but this is a mess. There are a few bright spots, but it's a painful year.

~Crashintome89~ 12-01-2015 05:51 AM

Pretty sure Mike Yeo will be gone soon.

Not a good thing when you have your star defenseman, Ryan Suter, basically call you out for putting a two righties on the same defensive pairing.

TMoore4075 12-01-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16205828)
Pretty sure Mike Yeo will be gone soon.

Not a good thing when you have your star defenseman, Ryan Suter, basically call you out for putting a two righties on the same defensive pairing.

I didn't hear about that....geez. Yeah if your own player is saying that publicly, sure seems like you've lost the room.

Alazais 12-01-2015 06:30 AM

Garrett Sparks in his first NHL game last night records a shut out.

He also had a pretty amazing and emotional post game interview.

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console

Edit: Sorry - It won't let me directly link to the video. But it's on the first page, right side of the second row.

fonzz41 12-01-2015 07:50 AM

I don't know... It just doesn't sit well with me that Suter is complaining about his defensive assignments in public. I get he's a superstar and accustomed to playing a certain way, but go talk to the coach in private. Not only does it show a lack of faith in the coaching staff (which may be intentional) but it also kind of inadvertently displays a lack of faith in your fellow defenseman, especially the one he's paired with.

And yes, I also get the right/left combo thing. Not necessary, but nice to have when you can.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 07:54 AM

why isn't Tortorella calling Suter a crybaby?

hmmm....

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16205990)
why isn't Tortorella calling Suter a crybaby?

hmmm....

:lol:lol oh help me Rhonda

Roose13 12-01-2015 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16205978)
I don't know... It just doesn't sit well with me that Suter is complaining about his defensive assignments in public. I get he's a superstar and accustomed to playing a certain way, but go talk to the coach in private. Not only does it show a lack of faith in the coaching staff (which may be intentional) but it also kind of inadvertently displays a lack of faith in your fellow defenseman, especially the one he's paired with.

And yes, I also get the right/left combo thing. Not necessary, but nice to have when you can.

I get the right/left as well but no one shits their pants over two left-handed defensemen paired together.

Bron Yr Aur 12-01-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16205708)
Yep. I didn't think this was a cup winning year or anything, but this is a mess. There are a few bright spots, but it's a painful year.

It is honestly just absurd that they are still this bad. 4 of the last 6 #1 overall picks and 7 years in a row with a top-10 draft pick......

That said, losing McDavid hurt and they will probably be the best team in the Pacific next year.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206027)
:lol:lol oh help me Rhonda

he melts so good

Dramageek 12-01-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 16206042)
It is honestly just absurd that they are still this bad. 4 of the last 6 #1 overall picks and 7 years in a row with a top-10 draft pick......

That said, losing McDavid hurt and they will probably be the best team in the Pacific next year.

It is really amazing how they have not been able to develop that young talent and have them all play well together. There's always next year, right?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16206049)
he melts so good

Tortorella melts are the best melts.

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 08:30 AM

not nearly as well as the pens fans and media. good lord.

TMoore4075 12-01-2015 08:31 AM

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/sha...oyotes-hockey/

A nice read. His take on Gretzky being the coach is interesting and probably why it didn't work.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206058)
not nearly as well as the pens fans and media. good lord.

hahaha here we go...

if lowering expectations and hating the management of the team is melting, then yes, i agree

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 08:38 AM

no I mean about the Dubinsky cross check.

~Crashintome89~ 12-01-2015 08:42 AM

Dubinsky's cross check was a bit sleazy but the two players have a history with one another, and let's face it, when the Pens melt they get off their game and do terrible.

Love the fans melting over the Pens though, a few of them even calling for Crosby to be traded.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16206084)
Dubinsky's cross check was a bit sleazy but the two players have a history with one another, and let's face it, when the Pens melt they get off their game and do terrible.

Love the fans melting over the Pens though, a few of them even calling for Crosby to be traded.

yea, those people are idiots

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206076)
no I mean about the Dubinsky cross check.

well, it was a #GarageLeague play after all

about as dirty as it gets

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16206113)
well, it was a #GarageLeague play after all

about as dirty as it gets

well he got suspended. let's move on.
several articles over the weekend pointed our far worse plays that received no discipline from the league. Crosby got his special treatment, time to move on.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206116)
well he got suspended. let's move on.
several articles over the weekend pointed our far worse plays that received no discipline from the league. Crosby got his special treatment, time to move on.

:lol:lol oh mylanta

enjoy your MMA on skates

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 09:18 AM

there were literally two identical cross checks over the weekend on players who aren't Crosby and neither received a suspension.
Oduya being the best example. how else do you explain it?

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206129)
there were literally two identical cross checks over the weekend on players who aren't Crosby and neither received a suspension.
Oduya being the best example. how else do you explain it?

the fact that you see someone getting suspended for a game for viciously assaulting another player as "special treatment" shows how much of a #GarageLeague apologist you are

i see it as the NHL being just as inconsistent and arbitrary with punishments as they've always been

should be automatic 5 games for anyone who makes contact to the head or neck

this bullshit about "no prior history" and "principle point of contact" is embarrassing

only way to get rid of it is to actually punish it accordingly

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16206139)
the fact that you see someone getting suspended for a game for viciously assaulting another player as "special treatment" shows how much of a #GarageLeague apologist you are

i see it as the NHL being just as inconsistent and arbitrary with punishments as they've always been

should be automatic 5 games for anyone who makes contact to the head or neck

this bullshit about "no prior history" and "principle point of contact" is embarrassing

only way to get rid of it is to actually punish it accordingly

you're talking about something totally different. I don't mind them ramping up punishment but as it stands now the only time anyone is getting suspended for something like what Dubinsky did is if it's against Crosby. that's the definition of special treatment.

I don't mind making it 5 games, I agree it doesn't really have a place in the game but it should be enforced equally. Honrqvist's hit on Calvert and subsequent bashing of his head back onto the ice was a much more dangerous play and he wasn't even penalized.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206144)
you're talking about something totally different. I don't mind them ramping up punishment but as it stands now the only time anyone is getting suspended for something like what Dubinsky did is if it's against Crosby. that's the definition of special treatment.

I don't mind making it 5 games, I agree it doesn't really have a place in the game but it should be enforced equally. Honrqvist's hit on Calvert and subsequent bashing of his head back onto the ice was a much more dangerous play and he wasn't even penalized.

the bolded just isn't true dude

it's like you're only paying attention to the Penguins

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:31 AM

let's not forget no penalty OR suspension for Niederreiter's cross check on Maata

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16206151)
the bolded just isn't true dude

it's like you're only paying attention to the Penguins

look at the oduya cross check over the weekend and tell me how it is different in any way than what Dubinsky did.

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 09:31 AM

Maata isn't Crosby

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206156)
look at the oduya cross check over the weekend and tell me how it is different in any way than what Dubinsky did.

i never said it was different, i said it was a prime example of the NHL's perennial inconsistency

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206157)
Maata isn't Crosby

right, but there have been other suspensions for hits on people not named Crosby this season

you know that, right?

fonzz41 12-01-2015 10:45 AM

Aww, we haven't had a hailtopitt/becs spat in a while. I was starting to think this thread was going downhill.

Rebecca De Mornay 12-01-2015 10:54 AM

it wasn't much of a spat. he's been whining to the refs the entire game so I labeled him in the back of the head with a cross check.

dmbetc 12-01-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16206340)
Aww, we haven't had a hailtopitt/becs spat in a while. I was starting to think this thread was going downhill.

I needed something to spice up my morning.

speaking of spicing things up, I still need to send you your mystery gift.

hailtopitt 12-01-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16206361)
it wasn't much of a spat. he's been whining to the refs the entire game so I labeled him in the back of the head with a cross check.

:lol:lol

fonzz41 12-01-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16206391)
I needed something to spice up my morning.

speaking of spicing things up, I still need to send you your mystery gift.

I've been wanting to ask about that, but didn't want to sound greedy...

dmbetc 12-01-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16206412)
I've been wanting to ask about that, but didn't want to sound greedy...

Has been crazy with work starting and other things coming up. PM me your address and I'll try to get it out by Christmas. I still haven't checked with my roommate if it's up for grabs but that way if it is, I'll have all the info and speed up this surprise.

TMoore4075 12-01-2015 12:44 PM

Matt Greene having shoulder surgery out "long-term."

TMoore4075 12-02-2015 03:29 AM

Wings finding ways to fuck up but got the two points last and got help from most teams. Thanks Philly and Colorado but the Blues couldn't do their part. Also thanks to Brad Richards of all people for helping the Wings not lose a shootout.

salrx95 12-02-2015 05:13 AM

Big game tonight. First Isles-Rag$ game of the year. Sadly, I'm friggin working until 9pm so I will need to watch it on the DVR.

Let's Go Islanders!!!

Hope to see that 4th line dominate like they did Monday night and pound some Rag$ into submission.

Roose13 12-02-2015 05:18 AM

Shayne Gostisbehere is legit

unccrombie 12-02-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16207231)
Big game tonight. First Isles-Rag$ game of the year. Sadly, I'm friggin working until 9pm so I will need to watch it on the DVR.

Let's Go Islanders!!!

Hope to see that 4th line dominate like they did Monday night and pound some Rag$ into submission.

looking forward to getting another +1 in the W column tonight.

salrx95 12-02-2015 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16207241)
looking forward to getting another +1 in the W column tonight.

just because you look forward to something doesn't mean you are gonna get it.

unccrombie 12-02-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16207251)
just because you look forward to something doesn't mean you are gonna get it.

a man in my position ALWAYS gets what he wants.

barbogast 12-02-2015 06:06 AM

I've been so consumed with work lately I wasn't even aware of Kane's 20 game streak (which is sad since he's on my fantasy team). That is truly remarkable. Amazing what he's accomplished, especially considering the tumultuous off season. What a player.

aeroshady 12-02-2015 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16207231)

Let's Go Islanders!!!

At least the Islanders fans can see what it is like to have people at their arena tonight. Too bad they will mostly be in Rangers jerseys!

Lets go Rangers!

hailtopitt 12-02-2015 07:07 AM

:lol Malkin is next level

TMoore4075 12-02-2015 08:05 AM

http://youtu.be/OqXPxXyGzRs

20 years ago, the Wings traded Roy to the Avs and started a rivalry.

Lcsulla 12-02-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16205347)
It's always such a coin toss between Hawks/Kings. Makes for the best hockey.

Could not agree more, just two very talented teams facing off head to head. We will get you back at some point though. That game was the last one of a long road trip that did not do us any favors.

Also, Kane again last night (assisted by Keith) - so great that an American now holds the longest scoring streak to start a season - despite the fact that we were playing a slumping Wilde and lost - at home no fucking less!

Brohan_Santana 12-02-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16207235)
Shayne Gostisbehere is legit

Dude has so many great nickname combinations. My favorite thus far is 'Swayze' :lol:lol:lol:lol

Roose13 12-02-2015 02:49 PM

Jagr is the fucking best forever

https://twitter.com/68Jagr/status/672184424814010368

dmbetc 12-02-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16208234)

:lol
"@bethughny 6m6 minutes ago: @68Jagr you're only as old as the women you feel"

Roose13 12-02-2015 03:05 PM

:lol:lol

barbogast 12-02-2015 05:34 PM

So John Scott is leading the all star vote currently huh? Pretty legit

salrx95 12-02-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16207252)
a man in my position ALWAYS gets what he wants.

Not tonight and we didn't even play our "a" game.

4-0-1 in our last 5. Team is rolling.

lockman21 12-02-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16208429)
So John Scott is leading the all star vote currently huh? Pretty legit

Yup. Yesterday, Reddit noticed John Scott was 56th in AS voting, and started a campaign for him to appear in the game.

Right now he's FIRST.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...number_one_in/

So amazing.

dmbetc 12-02-2015 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16208692)
Yup. Yesterday, Reddit noticed John Scott was 56th in AS voting, and started a campaign for him to appear in the game.

Right now he's FIRST.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...number_one_in/

So amazing.

:lol I love the Internet.

His response: http://www.foxsports.com/video?vid=578185283601

"I could turn it on" :lol:lol

TMoore4075 12-03-2015 03:27 AM

Leafs fans were probably flying high when a guy in his debut got a shutout. Last night he gets drilled for 6. That crash must have hurt.

barbogast 12-03-2015 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16208745)
Leafs fans were probably flying high when a guy in his debut got a shutout. Last night he gets drilled for 6. That crash must have hurt.

Is there anything that doesn't hurt about Leafs fandom? I mean I usually at least get a solid regular season before my annual crash and burn. Leafs fans are just fucked from day one.

Sorry, Alazais.

In other news, Caps/Habs tonight! Should be a goody!!

aeroshady 12-03-2015 04:17 AM

Good game from the looks of it last night. Congrats to our local Brooklyn fan. Looking forward to the next NY v NY game!

salrx95 12-03-2015 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16208745)

So you're saying he was probably crying after last night's game, too, then.

TMoore4075 12-03-2015 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16208747)
Is there anything that doesn't hurt about Leafs fandom? I mean I usually at least get a solid regular season before my annual crash and burn. Leafs fans are just fucked from day one.

You know there were fans out there who got so excited because of that first game. Not saying the kid isn't gonna be good (who knows really?) but even the best ones take some time adjusting.
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16208764)
So you're saying he was probably crying after last night's game, too, then.

Probably.

unccrombie 12-03-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16208752)
Good game from the looks of it last night. Congrats to our local Brooklyn fan. Looking forward to the next NY v NY game!

REALLY entertaining game.
crowd seemed electric all night
sucks to lose in the S/O, but the O/T was weird.

Alazais 12-03-2015 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16208747)

Sorry, Alazais.

In other news, Caps/Habs tonight! Should be a goody!!

I didn't get to watch. Our company took us out for steak dinner, but from what I've read and the highlights I saw the poor guy got hung out to dry in the 3rd. No chance.

He was a trooper and in his post-game interview said everything was his fault, he should have those saves.

I like the idea of it. It's your 2nd NHL game. You need to be protected and to say it's all on your is a great way to inadvertently shame the rest of your team into being better and helping out the young guys.

I hope he gets another start. He won me over.

~Crashintome89~ 12-03-2015 07:47 AM

2018 WJC in Buffalo.

Apparently, there is going to be a CAN-USA outdoor game in Ralph Wilson.

Roose13 12-03-2015 11:17 AM

That would be awesome.

fonzz41 12-03-2015 01:08 PM

Pretty good column from a columnist I don't normally like.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ev...ame-is-a-joke/

"It’s a joke. And that’s fine because the All-Star Game is a joke. And the NHL is learning that if you keep presenting an All-Star Game that is a joke for long enough that’s how people start treating it."

TMoore4075 12-03-2015 06:27 PM

I dunno if you guys will be able to catch a highlight of this but it was amazing. A shot from the point was deflected by Abdelkader in front and it went over Lindback and down his back and OEL took it right off the line. Amazing. Should be 5-1.

TMoore4075 12-03-2015 06:43 PM

Barring a crazy collapse, although possible the way the Wings have given up leads, that should be 6-0-3 in their last 9 for the Wings.

aeroshady 12-03-2015 07:17 PM

Patrick Kane is unreal.

TMoore4075 12-04-2015 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16210019)
I dunno if you guys will be able to catch a highlight of this but it was amazing. A shot from the point was deflected by Abdelkader in front and it went over Lindback and down his back and OEL took it right off the line. Amazing. Should be 5-1.

https://youtu.be/2MLlQDWgsmk?t=7m53s

This should get everyone to the part where OEL saved a goal. It happened so fast, I'm quite impressed.

aeroshady 12-04-2015 06:37 AM

Rangers are falling apart. Amazing how poorly they have played since losing Stepan. Way to early to panic, and I am sure this team will be just fine. That said, I hope they right the ship soon.

barbogast 12-04-2015 06:38 AM

Ugly game by the Caps. Great win. I would say currently Braden Holtby is the best goalie in the NHL.

TMoore4075 12-04-2015 08:52 AM

Pulkkinen out 6-8 week with dislocated shoulder and Drew Miller 6 weeks with broken jaw. Thanks, Coyotes. You just fuck everything up.

lockman21 12-04-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16210076)
Patrick Kane is unreal.

I mean...he could win the Hart, Lady Byng, Art Ross, Ted Lindsay, and the Rocket Richard.

I'll be at the Hawks game on Sunday, I'd like to see other lines produce, but 88 has been the best player in the NHL this season, and it's unreal to watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16210443)
Rangers are falling apart. Amazing how poorly they have played since losing Stepan. Way to early to panic, and I am sure this team will be just fine. That said, I hope they right the ship soon.

Give it time. Every team goes through ups and downs every season.

aeroshady 12-04-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16211276)
I mean...he could win the Hart, Lady Byng, Art Ross, Ted Lindsay, and the Rocket Richard.

I'll be at the Hawks game on Sunday, I'd like to see other lines produce, but 88 has been the best player in the NHL this season, and it's unreal to watch.

Give it time. Every team goes through ups and downs every season.

He may even take the Keith Yandle award away from you this year....

And yeah, I will be patient with the Rangers this season. I just want to avoid long stretches of crap play. Better now that April for a low though.

Roose13 12-04-2015 06:18 PM

Frenchie! Flyers have looked pretty solid as of late.

kev87lads 12-05-2015 05:21 AM

Flyers!!!

salrx95 12-05-2015 05:38 AM

Solid win vs the Blues Greiss looked great again. Goaltending been huge so far this year. Team continues to roll.

3 points from 1st in the Metro, though the Crapitals have played less games.

TMoore4075 12-05-2015 06:34 AM

Couldn't you have beaten the Bruins in regulation and help a brother out?