Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

aeroshady 06-16-2015 11:55 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

I did it! Found an article linking Jurassic World and the Stanley Cup final!

Quote:

A prime example of this scenario occurred with Ultron. It seemed as though the first Avengers would have served as the quintessential comp for Ultron — until the sequel smacked into the punching gloves of the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight during the first weekend of May. The lack of die-hard sporting events this weekend worked to Jurassic World‘s advantage: It was culturally the only event that Americans wanted to see. Sunday night’s Game 5 of the NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers, despite its stellar 20.5M viewers, would have been more of threat if it was a New York/Boston vs. Los Angeles faceoff, per B.O. pundits. Ditto, for Saturday’s Stanley Cup Final battle between the Chicago Blackhawks and Tampa Bay Lightning — too regional to disrupt the Indominus Rex.

TMoore4075 06-16-2015 12:30 PM

So what's Q gonna get on his next contract now with what Babs got? Personally I think Babs is a better coach cause I remember the years of St Louis and Colorado and how Q couldn't win the big game but he's done a job with this team. Inherited a lot of talent but has been able to keep it on task with a lot of changes over the years. He is not gonna get 8 years unless Chicago is as dumb as TO but gonna get paid. If he gets at least one more long playoff run in (win or lose) 7mil a year?

Lcsulla 06-16-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16014776)
everyone is dreaming that they can trade for seabrook and sign him to a big extension though.

He is rock solid and I would hate to loose him but the math does not work for me, trading him away frees up cap space. Honestly, I think he'd be a perfect fit for the Rangers.

JRS1386 06-16-2015 01:00 PM

Think the Flyers are so low because of the new coach.

aeroshady 06-16-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16015007)
He is rock solid and I would hate to loose him but the math does not work for me, trading him away frees up cap space. Honestly, I think he'd be a perfect fit for the Rangers.

Not saying I wouldn't love to have him here, but I am not sure we need more D at this point. Also, not sure how we can afford to fit him in with our own cap space issues.

TMoore4075 06-16-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Yeah someone(s) have to go and he has value. A Detroit article listed him as a potential trade target. I'd take him to play on their second pairing. He ain't going to the Rangers unless we are getting rid of the cap next year.

TMoore4075 06-16-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16015032)
Not saying I wouldn't love to have him here, but I am not sure we need more D at this point. Also, not sure how we can afford to fit him in with our own cap space issues.

Fucker beat me to it.

aeroshady 06-16-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16015034)
Fucker beat me to it.

:lol Sorry.

barbogast 06-16-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

The Rangers are probably the last team Seabrook would go to

TMoore4075 06-16-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16015036)
:lol Sorry.

just looked at their FA's and got 6 D already signed for next year with Hagelin, Fast, Stepan and Miller ALL RFA's...

aeroshady 06-16-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16015059)
just looked at their FA's and got 6 D already signed for next year with Hagelin, Fast, Stepan and Miller ALL RFA's...

Hagelin is who worries me the most leaving. He can get a pretty penny on the market.

Think the rest will re-sign. Although Stepan was an issue last time and missed training camp because of it. Going to be interesting to see how they navigate the off season. Need to figure out how to keep all the pieces together or replace them with "better" pieces for cheaper.

Lcsulla 06-16-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16015032)

Oh I know but he is one of those rare defenders who is capable of playing an Al MacGinnis type game. He is both a shut down defender but can sit on the point and laser beam slapshots - he scored in the finals with a one timer that came off his stick like a guided missile and was as accurate as a Greg Maddux pitch.

lockman21 06-16-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16014659)
We expect full details after you've recovered.

Matty, if I could give you details, I would.

That picture Tim posted on the #FindLockman page is scary accurate.

lockman21 06-16-2015 04:32 PM

By the way, the #FindLockman posts might be my favorite of all time in this thread.

salrx95 06-16-2015 07:00 PM

Announced today the Yashin is now off the books. Yes, it's Alexei Yashin independence day. Now go use put that money back into the team.

~Crashintome89~ 06-16-2015 07:26 PM

Alexei Yashin Independence Day. :lol :lol :lol

aeroshady 06-16-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16015533)
Announced today the Yashin is now off the books. Yes, it's Alexei Yashin independence day. Now go use put that money back into the team.

:lol:lol

I forgot he was even a player! Had no idea you guys were still paying him! :lol

I remember when he refused to play for Ottawa or something along those lines.

lockman21 06-16-2015 10:15 PM

Oh my god. So, things finally settling down here, I don't feel like I'm going to die quite as much now.

Last night as the 2nd drunkest I've probably ever been. Right behind the 2013 Cup which resulted in me bleeding out of my face onto my white Dave Bolland sweater. Things got beyond crazy. I'm not sure where Mike (bonzo) was, if he was downtown, but it was absolute mayhem. This city has embraced the Blackhawks like none other. EVERYONE is a Hawks fan.

This is 100% a true story (according to my friends, I don't remember), but I apparently made out with some hot chick at the bar, and then her hot mom almost right after. I don't remember this at all, but it has been told to me by multiple different people last night that I was dancing with some girl, and then made out with her, then went over to her mom, and started making out with her. Go Hawks.

JRS1386 06-16-2015 10:19 PM

So you could say the daughter was not good enough? Way to be Blackhawk drunk

lockman21 06-16-2015 10:34 PM

Duncan Keith first defenseman to score the Stanley Cup GWG and win the Conn Smythe since Bobby Orr.

Jonathan Toews first person to captain a team to 3 Cups before turning 28 since Wayne Gretzky.

lockman21 06-16-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16015804)
So you could say the daughter was not good enough? Way to be Blackhawk drunk

:lol:lol:lol Something like that.

fonzz41 06-17-2015 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16015351)
By the way, the #FindLockman posts might be my favorite of all time in this thread.

You're welcome. It was yet another memorable moment for this thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16015802)
Oh my god. So, things finally settling down here, I don't feel like I'm going to die quite as much now.

Last night as the 2nd drunkest I've probably ever been. Right behind the 2013 Cup which resulted in me bleeding out of my face onto my white Dave Bolland sweater. Things got beyond crazy. I'm not sure where Mike (bonzo) was, if he was downtown, but it was absolute mayhem. This city has embraced the Blackhawks like none other. EVERYONE is a Hawks fan.

This is 100% a true story (according to my friends, I don't remember), but I apparently made out with some hot chick at the bar, and then her hot mom almost right after. I don't remember this at all, but it has been told to me by multiple different people last night that I was dancing with some girl, and then made out with her, then went over to her mom, and started making out with her. Go Hawks.

So you made out with Q's daughter AND his wife? Allow me to buy you a Zima, sir!

Lcsulla 06-17-2015 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16015806)
Duncan Keith first defenseman to score the Stanley Cup GWG and win the Conn Smythe since Bobby Orr.

Jonathan Toews first person to captain a team to 3 Cups before turning 28 since Wayne Gretzky.

Conn Smyth is a bitch for defenders to get, if memory serves only Neidermayer and Lidstrom have won it in the salary cap era.

Saw that about Toews, pretty good company. :)

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 03:24 AM

Scott Stevens won it as well. That's more impressive cause he didn't score like the other 3.

salrx95 06-17-2015 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16015753)

I forgot he was even a player! Had no idea you guys were still paying him! :lol

I remember when he refused to play for Ottawa or something along those lines.

Yep. He sat out for Ottawa and our boy Milbury after the season decided to traded Chara and the #1 overall pick (Spezza) for Yashin. Now while Yashin was very good for a few seasons and was helpful in a rebirth for 02-03, Milbury obviously lost that trade big time.

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 05:11 AM

Todd Nelson going to be the head coach of the Griffins. I didn't know he played for them back in the day so that makes sense.

JRS1386 06-17-2015 05:34 AM

So weird going into an offseason and not expecting a ridiculous deal to be made to some undeserving player

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16015886)
So weird going into an offseason and not expecting a ridiculous deal to be made to some undeserving player

Snider still owns the team doesn't he? :)

JRS1386 06-17-2015 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16015937)
Snider still owns the team doesn't he? :)

Well, fuck you

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16015948)
Well, fuck you

Thanks for the offer but no. lol As long as Snider lets Hextall actually do his job and doesn't get antsy, they should be ok.

~Crashintome89~ 06-17-2015 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16015802)

Man, is this what happens when Zimas get popped?

fonzz41 06-17-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16015886)

Hey, isn't Briere a UFA? Sounds like a good fit to me!

fonzz41 06-17-2015 07:39 AM

For all you Game of Thrones fans:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/me...es-characters/

Quote:

Marcus Kruger: Grey Worm. Missing that all-important scoring asset but effective in a defensive role.
:lol:lol:lol

hailtopitt 06-17-2015 07:46 AM

Duncan Keith is Cersi :lol:lol

kev87lads 06-17-2015 08:18 AM

A ton of those are spot on. Great find.

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 08:37 AM

People don't care about proofing anymore?

https://twitter.com/asktheduffer/sta...414016/photo/1

On the net you can change it instantly..can't really do that in print.

Rebecca De Mornay 06-17-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16016187)

even if they got it right it's still such a boring headline.

fonzz41 06-17-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Hey, it was the Korea Times. Give them a break.

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16016209)
Hey, it was the Korea Times. Give them a break.

I would if the caption under the photo doesn't specifically say Blackhawks.

barbogast 06-17-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

:lol awesome

Lcsulla 06-17-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16015033)
He ain't going to the Rangers unless we are getting rid of the cap next year.

Well, in fairness if we did away with the cap Chicago would be keeping the band together (sans Kimmo for obvious reasons anyhow) and not trying to shed guys like Sharpe, Seabrook and Desjardans. I really do hate salary caps in any sport. :lol

aeroshady 06-17-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16016075)
For all you Game of Thrones fans:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/me...es-characters/

:lol:lol:lol

This was fantastic. Thank you haha

lockman21 06-17-2015 10:10 AM

Well, this Blackhawks rally couldn't have been any more of a clusterfuck.

Lcsulla 06-17-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16016361)

:lol Can't say I didn't warn you, I learned what a clusterfuck championship parades/rallies are when the Yanks won in 1996 - mine may have been worse because it was bundle up cold in early November of a really cold winter.

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16016340)
Well, in fairness if we did away with the cap Chicago would be keeping the band together (sans Kimmo for obvious reasons anyhow) and not trying to shed guys like Sharpe, Seabrook and Desjardans. I really do hate salary caps in any sport. :lol

Smart ass.

This is pretty spot on for the Hawks.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/e...ns-tough-task/

Gonna be interesting to see what they do. As for the cap? I hate them being a Wings fan. From 2001 through the deadline of 2004 Wings got Hasek, Robitaille, Hull, Cujo, Schneider, Hatcher, Ray Whitney and Robert Lang either via free agency or trade. Wings would never have lost Hossa in 2009 probably either if there was no cap. BUT Wings doing all those moves only got them one Cup over 3 years and in 03 and 04 only won one playoff series. The cap forced them to be smarter, so I am ok with that. The last few years it would have been nice to make some crazy move and get some big name talent but...whatever.

Lcsulla 06-17-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16016440)
Smart ass.

This is pretty spot on for the Hawks.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/e...ns-tough-task/

Gonna be interesting to see what they do. As for the cap? I hate them being a Wings fan. From 2001 through the deadline of 2004 Wings got Hasek, Robitaille, Hull, Cujo, Schneider, Hatcher, Ray Whitney and Robert Lang either via free agency or trade. Wings would never have lost Hossa in 2009 probably either if there was no cap. BUT Wings doing all those moves only got them one Cup over 3 years and in 03 and 04 only won one playoff series. The cap forced them to be smarter, so I am ok with that. The last few years it would have been nice to make some crazy move and get some big name talent but...whatever.

Regarding the wiseass crack - I try! :lol

Nice article, thank you, I had not seen that.

As for caps, UGH. There was a year (before the cap) that St. Louis had the best team in the NHL when they were on their game. That starting 5 had to intimidate anyone: Gretzky in center, Hull on right wing, Matteau on left wing, Pronger and MacInnis playing D and Fuhr in the net. Add in their other guys like MacTavish, Hawerchuck, Creighton, Noonan, Corson, Coutrnall, Tikkanen, Cravchuck, Vasilevski, Sutton and Norton and you had one hell of a deep team - and coached by Keenan no less! No idea how they did not knock off Detroit (admittedly a great team), they were fun to watch nonetheless.

Point being, in this damn cap era you will never see a team with that collection of gamers and HOFer's again.

UCFish 06-17-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16016361)

I guess that means Ticketmaster Fucked you?

Blame the rain....I guess that is why they could not do Grant Park.

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16016495)
Regarding the wiseass crack - I try! :lol

Nice article, thank you, I had not seen that.

As for caps, UGH. There was a year (before the cap) that St. Louis had the best team in the NHL when they were on their game. That starting 5 had to intimidate anyone: Gretzky in center, Hull on right wing, Matteau on left wing, Pronger and MacInnis playing D and Fuhr in the net. Add in their other guys like MacTavish, Hawerchuck, Creighton, Noonan, Corson, Coutrnall, Tikkanen, Cravchuck, Vasilevski, Sutton and Norton and you had one hell of a deep team - and coached by Keenan no less! No idea how they did not knock off Detroit (admittedly a great team), they were fun to watch nonetheless.

Point being, in this damn cap era you will never see a team with that collection of gamers and HOFer's again.

Oh that would be because of this.

https://youtu.be/ykT69Imrvlo?t=51

Lcsulla 06-17-2015 11:26 AM

Yzerman is amazing but with the collection of talent the Blues should have never even been in that game 7 double OT spot in the first place.

fonzz41 06-17-2015 11:39 AM

There was a kid in my neighborhood growing up who swore up and down that Esa Tikkanen was his uncle. He always talked about how Esa sent him all this cool memorabilia, although he'd never bring it out to show us. Oh, and he never relented that Tikkanen, next to only the Great One himself, was the primary contributor to Edmonton's success. And any team he played for thereafter, actually.

So yeah, I giggle whenever I think of Esa Effing Tikkanen.

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 11:44 AM

I dunno. Wings were up 2-0 on the series so I could argue it should never have gotten to game 7 double ot the other way. Plus Wings team wasn't too bad either. Yzerman, Fedorov, Larionov, Kozlov, Lidstrom, Coffey, Fetisov, Konstantinov, Keith Primeau, Dino Ciccarelli...trying to think if I'm missing any other stars. Wings won 62 games that year.

Edit: Also just realized how much the Blues were trying to do what the Rangers did by getting all the old Oilers on their team.

Roose13 06-17-2015 11:45 AM

This is from March. Fucking awesome. The real reason Keith is MVP

https://www.facebook.com/nhlblackhaw...79258/?fref=nf

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16016630)

I like that one and the Patrick Sharp one.

Lcsulla 06-17-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16016608)
Oh, and he never relented that Tikkanen, next to only the Great One himself, was the primary contributor to Edmonton's success. And any team he played for thereafter, actually.

I'd laugh too, apparently he neglects to recall that guys like Messier, Kurri, Fuhr, Coffey, Anderson and company had a lot more to do with that dynasty.

Edit: Typo on Coffey's name!

fonzz41 06-17-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16016630)

I watched this a while back and literally cried when he started skating her around the ice. The pure joy on her face.

The Blackhawks do a ton of this stuff, and it's cool to see. I'm sure other teams do it as well, maybe just not as visible.

This one of Toews buying Girl Scout cookies is one of my faves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P74nS_6ElIU

~Crashintome89~ 06-17-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16016677)
I watched this a while back and literally cried when he started skating her around the ice. The pure joy on her face.

The Blackhawks do a ton of this stuff, and it's cool to see. I'm sure other teams do it as well, maybe just not as visible.

This one of Toews buying Girl Scout cookies is one of my faves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P74nS_6ElIU

why don't we order 100 boxes and make Sharpie pay for'em. :lol:lol

Roose13 06-17-2015 12:38 PM

The Sharpie one is so awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPyaeIA2ehM

barbogast 06-17-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16016608)

Wanna know what I think of whenever I think about Esa Effing Tikkanen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=QkZVHY4QDdo

:BANG

Lcsulla 06-17-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16016677)

Those are both great, it is stuff like that that leaves a lifelong impact on kids. So nice to see good people when so many athlete's are complete jackasses or downright felons.

When I was young I was at Yankee Stadium watching BP, this was when you could actually go down to the good seats and lean over to try and catch balls. Gary Ward wandered over and started signing autographs, I had squat for him to sign because I left my program up with my parents. I had a pen in my pocket and asked if he would sign my hand and he said 'no, hold on' - he then walked away from all of us (I was devastated) then grabbed the nearest ball came back over handed it to me and signed it. That was 30+ years ago and I still recall it vividly and I think more of Ward than I do some of the big names who couldn't be bothered to sign or mingle with we fans.

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16016823)

Greatest game and play ever. Not sure why you don't like it.

dmbredsox36 06-17-2015 01:00 PM

Just watched all three of those videos - man talk about the feels....is it raining inside in my office? What's this water running down my face? :lol

kev87lads 06-17-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16016823)

Absolutely the first thing that comes to my mind as well. MY one buddy is a big Wings fan, so I've seen that 98 playoffs/wings recap video like 20 times...

barbogast 06-17-2015 01:09 PM

Fuck that Game 2. Fuck Esa Tikkanen. Fuck Kris Draper.

Of all the meltdowns, that one probably still makes me angriest. We had that game. God dammit.

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16016927)
Absolutely the first thing that comes to my mind as well. MY one buddy is a big Wings fan, so I've seen that 98 playoffs/wings recap video like 20 times...

Still remember that night. Couldn't believe he missed it. Big difference between 1-1 and 2-0. Then the next game Wings scored like 30 seconds in. If the Caps weren't feeling bad enough...

barbogast 06-17-2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16016945)
Still remember that night. Couldn't believe he missed it. Big difference between 1-1 and 2-0. Then the next game Wings scored like 30 seconds in. If the Caps weren't feeling bad enough...

I hate you Tim

(Just kidding I don't at all)

(But seriously, fuck your team)

TMoore4075 06-17-2015 01:28 PM

If I knew about the Caps back then, what I know now, I would have been totally floored that they made it to the Finals. I didn't know about their history at the time.

barbogast 06-17-2015 01:40 PM

Oh trust me, we were all floored. I still clearly remember the feeling when Joe Juneau scored the OT winner to send them there.

0% surprised when they got swept.

lockman21 06-17-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16016384)
:lol Can't say I didn't warn you, I learned what a clusterfuck championship parades/rallies are when the Yanks won in 1996 - mine may have been worse because it was bundle up cold in early November of a really cold winter.

The idea of making it a ticketed event that Ticketmaster is in charge of...what a joke.

Lcsulla 06-17-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16017079)
The idea of making it a ticketed event that Ticketmaster is in charge of...what a joke.

It was ticketed? WTF? Please tell me there was no charge.....

fonzz41 06-17-2015 02:23 PM

I know this is something that Tim and Matt really wanted me to bring up in the thread today, so here it is...

On this very day in 1989, the NHL changed for the better. Adam Foote was drafted 22nd overall by the Nordiques.

I shall now proceed to give a 13-part essay on why he has been the best thing for the game of hockey since the red line. Prepare yourselves.

Or, just watch my favorite YouTube video of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0OvTnoKWrk

All hail.

aeroshady 06-17-2015 02:56 PM

Just watching the post game stuff from the Blackhawks win. Really awesome stuff. Captures my imagination of what that must feel like as a player or fan. For the players the journey of the season all paying off in the end. For the fans, the journey of chasing the cup year in and year out. I realize the Hawks have won 2 others recently, but 1938 is a long time to go without seeing it happen at home.

For this Rangers fan, the journey chasing the cup continues. Here's to the chase!

TMoore4075 06-18-2015 05:11 AM

Matty can relax a little. While Chelios will be working with the Wings D, he will not a be bench coach. So won't have to see him nearly as much.

Bron Yr Aur 06-18-2015 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16017090)

I mean it had to be. Soldier Field only has a certain amount of space....and yes it was free.

lockman21 06-18-2015 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16017090)

No fees or anything, event was "free", but most tickets ended up being on Craigslist and Stubhub, etc. for $50-$100. Saw some as much as $300.

aeroshady 06-18-2015 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16017817)
No fees or anything, event was "free", but most tickets ended up being on Craigslist and Stubhub, etc. for $50-$100. Saw some as much as $300.

I remember paying $75 for the "free" DMB Central Park concert :lol

Lcsulla 06-18-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 16017761)
I mean it had to be. Soldier Field only has a certain amount of space....and yes it was free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16017817)

Sucks on the scalping but I do get why it was ticketed now. I thought it was a parade/rally down the streets like they do in say NY or Boston. Was not aware it was held at soldier field.

rconverse 06-18-2015 10:23 AM

Pretty jelly of all the people I saw headed downtown as I was on my way to work.

UCFish 06-18-2015 10:49 AM

Love Crow dropping another F Bomb.

TMoore4075 06-19-2015 07:46 AM

So rumor of Sharp possibly being moved next week. I think he goes. He'll get you a nice return. Bickell should be gone too but I can't see much of a return there. I don't see Crawford being traded. Had they lost early, maybe. But he was great after that crap start.

Rebecca De Mornay 06-19-2015 07:51 AM

sharp and seabrook to CBJ for rychel, atkinson and a 2nd rounder.

UCFish 06-19-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16019580)
So rumor of Sharp possibly being moved next week. I think he goes. He'll get you a nice return. Bickell should be gone too but I can't see much of a return there. I don't see Crawford being traded. Had they lost early, maybe. But he was great after that crap start.

Yeah Bowman said that Crow is staying.....Saw the Sharp report which I assume puts an A on Kane's sweater. I agree Bickell is not gonna get much unless maybe he is packaged.

Would love to see Richards take another team friendly deal since the Rangers are still paying him big $ but I get it if he would try and get another nice contract.

It will be very interesting to see how the next couple of weeks shake out.

TMoore4075 06-19-2015 08:21 AM

Bickell is a nice piece to have, just not at that price. Sharp is what a lot of teams want. Cap hit isn't terrible and for only what, 2 more years? Only be 35 when it's over. Won't get what you could get if it wasn't a salary dump (gonna have to be picks/prospects with not much salary back) but still should be a decent return

With such a crap FA class, I expect a lot of movement the next 2 weeks or so. Hope my Wings find a top 4 d-man out there.

UCFish 06-19-2015 08:40 AM

You want Oduya?

He will be gone.

TMoore4075 06-19-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16019697)
You want Oduya?

He will be gone.

Not really. Would prefer a righty.

aeroshady 06-19-2015 09:40 AM

Really interested to see if the Rangers can pull and tricks out of their hats to improve. Summer is too long. I just want to get back at it.

TMoore4075 06-19-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16019874)
Really interested to see if the Rangers can pull and tricks out of their hats to improve. Summer is too long. I just want to get back at it.

Yeah. The next 3-4 weeks could be fun for the NHL as a whole with moves and free agent stuff. Then by mid-July it'll die and we'll have 2.5 months of pretty much nothing until the regular season.

TMoore4075 06-19-2015 09:55 AM

@BDGallof:
Per NHL source, CHI currently asking for 1st rd pick, A-level prospect & top 6 forward on entry-level contract for Patrick Sharp

That I can't see happening. 2 of those 3 things? Maybe. If they get it, good for them but I wouldn't be giving that up. That's more than what the Yotes got for Keith Yandle.

UCFish 06-19-2015 09:56 AM

The Caps will do it....come on Caps.

~Crashintome89~ 06-19-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16019930)
@BDGallof:
Per NHL source, CHI currently asking for 1st rd pick, A-level prospect & top 6 forward on entry-level contract for Patrick Sharp

That I can't see happening. 2 of those 3 things? Maybe. If they get it, good for them but I wouldn't be giving that up. That's more than what the Yotes got for Keith Yandle.

have no idea what they are thinking. 1st rounder. Sure. Understandable. Prospect? Absolutely. But it won't be a A-level. top 6 forward on entry-level? Forget about it.

TMoore4075 06-19-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16019960)
have no idea what they are thinking. 1st rounder. Sure. Understandable. Prospect? Absolutely. But it won't be a A-level. top 6 forward on entry-level? Forget about it.

I mean just looking at it from a Detroit point of view. That is a 1 rounder, Mantha/Larkin/Paulkenin and like Nyquist....yeah ok.

fonzz41 06-19-2015 10:43 AM

The asking price is always high in the week or so before the draft. Why not start high and see if anyone's dumb enough to bite? LeBrun was saying that he's hearing Toronto is asking for a ridiculous return on Kessel right now.

As the draft approaches, the price will go down. That's why we see most of the big trades happening day before or day of.

TMoore4075 06-19-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16020042)
The asking price is always high in the week or so before the draft. Why not start high and see if anyone's dumb enough to bite? LeBrun was saying that he's hearing Toronto is asking for a ridiculous return on Kessel right now.

As the draft approaches, the price will go down. That's why we see most of the big trades happening day before or day of.

What would Adam Foote cost?

fonzz41 06-19-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16020048)
What would Adam Foote cost?

Remember the Gretzky to LA trade?

Something like that. Maybe a little more.

Lcsulla 06-19-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16019646)
Bickell is a nice piece to have, just not at that price. Sharp is what a lot of teams want. Cap hit isn't terrible and for only what, 2 more years? Only be 35 when it's over. Won't get what you could get if it wasn't a salary dump (gonna have to be picks/prospects with not much salary back) but still should be a decent return

With such a crap FA class, I expect a lot of movement the next 2 weeks or so. Hope my Wings find a top 4 d-man out there.

Yeah, this cap makes decision making much harder. Guys you'd happily resign if there was no cap will be gone next season. That said I think Chicago's main priority is to resign Saad and Oduya. On the potential chopping or trade block are Bickell, Seabrook, Sharp, Desjardins, Richards, Rozsival, Kruger and Carcillo IMO. Safe to say a handful of these guys will not be returning next year. Sucks but it is what it is.

UCFish 06-19-2015 11:46 AM

WhT? will we do without Carbomb!

barbogast 06-19-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16019930)
@BDGallof:

Yikes, there's no way they'll get that. Unless of course Washington pulls a Washington and does something dumb.

lockman21 06-19-2015 11:54 AM

Helping my buddy by writing a blog entry for him. Working title right now is "The 2015 Chicago Blackhawks, and Why Hockey Matters"

Will post here when I'm done.

TMoore4075 06-19-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16020179)
Yikes, there's no way they'll get that. Unless of course Washington pulls a Washington and does something dumb.

Forsberg?

JRS1386 06-19-2015 12:18 PM

Chicago front offense is Blackhawk drunk

lockman21 06-19-2015 12:27 PM

Can you blame them?