Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

bradshaw06 01-20-2015 04:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Look for a Crosby injury tonight with the Hawks and All star game coming up

barbogast 01-20-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15775909)
Agree to disagree, I guess.

If a guy gets caught for shoplifting over and over, do you eventually give him a life sentence because he's not "getting it"? No, the punishments are sure to get more severe though. If that same guy eventually murders someone, then you could bet your ass his rap sheet will help make the life sentence come quicker and swifter though. The punishment always needs to fit the crime. Same idea here. Basically no one else in the NHL, aside from 3 or 4 other guys, would have received 6 games for that crosscheck.

Also, let's not pretend like 6 games isn't a lot for a crosscheck.

Again, I hate Carcillo. I'd love for nothing more than to see the NHL ban him so Bowman can stop fucking signing him for some unknown reason, but this isn't that moment.

Good point. Makes sense

kev87lads 01-20-2015 04:59 PM

Caps are leading 3-1 after one and have scored 3 on 7 shots.

Ovechkin hasn't had to back check yet. Seriously.

cpxc. 01-20-2015 05:16 PM

lol rinaldo

bradshaw06 01-20-2015 05:17 PM

Rinaldo with a viciously dirty hit on Letang.

barbogast 01-20-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15776003)
Caps are leading 3-1 after one and have scored 3 on 7 shots.

Ovechkin hasn't had to back check yet. Seriously.

Had a few back checking shifts in period 2, but not much

Caps pretty much dominating everywhere except that pesky scoreboard. Dumb penalty by Niskanen there at the end of the second

bradshaw06 01-20-2015 05:55 PM

gong show in philly. not surprising.

barbogast 01-20-2015 05:57 PM

Just watched the Rinaldo hit. Why on earth would he finish a check like that. So dumb. Hate seeing pointless stuff like that

bradshaw06 01-20-2015 06:00 PM

^turned the game into a shit show as well.

Roose13 01-20-2015 06:06 PM

I love when the Pens and Flyers play

bradshaw06 01-20-2015 06:09 PM

I don't. This isnt hockey.

TMoore4075 01-20-2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechad90000 (Post 15775946)
I can get behind this idea. Let's go Preds! Glad to be home to watch a game live tonight for pretty much the first time this season.

Just saw on NHL Network that they are dominating but only up 1-0.

bradshaw06 01-20-2015 06:15 PM

Bellmare, take your helmet off.

barbogast 01-20-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15776219)
^turned the game into a shit show as well.

That's too bad

lockman21 01-20-2015 06:29 PM

By far the best period I've seen the Blackhawks play this season. Absolute domination, there was a skip to the step for sure. I haven't seen them skate that hard, be more precise on their passes, etc all season.

Great period, beauty of a goal by Toews. Great rotation on the PP.

barbogast 01-20-2015 06:35 PM

Shit period by the Caps here. Shoulda been able to finish this game. It's this kind of stuff that makes me very hesitant about this team.

barbogast 01-20-2015 06:52 PM

Yep, lollercaps

God I hate being a fan of this team

bradshaw06 01-20-2015 07:26 PM

joke ending

~Crashintome89~ 01-20-2015 07:34 PM

lolllerpens

#penisin7

kev87lads 01-20-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15776407)
Yep, lollercaps

God I hate being a fan of this team

What a choke. You're welcome!!!!

bradshaw06 01-20-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15776542)
lolllerpens

#penisin7

lol he said penis

Roose13 01-20-2015 07:51 PM

Yay Flyers!

bradshaw06 01-20-2015 07:51 PM

Dave Isaac @davegisaac
Follow
Zac Rinaldo: "I changed the whole game, man. Who knows what woulda happened if I didn't do what I did?"

Class act

~Crashintome89~ 01-20-2015 08:01 PM

too be fair, apparently he was joking.

but yeah, it would really benefit the Flyers if he was suspended the entire season. Crossing my fingers for it actually.

mr.MikeD 01-20-2015 08:56 PM

Oilers can't even tank properly, what's this pulling out 2 points in the SO nonsense?

thechad90000 01-20-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15776264)
Just saw on NHL Network that they are dominating but only up 1-0.

They dominated the first two periods. Then Montreal finally put it together in the 3rd and tied it up. Then a really really bad tripping call put them on a 4 on 3 in OT and they got the game winner. Sucks not getting two points out of it as the Preds were definitely the better team tonight.

It was nice to see Hutton playing so well too given that he gave up 3 goals on 4 shots the other night in Detroit.

unccrombie 01-21-2015 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 15776807)
Oilers can't even tank properly, what's this pulling out 2 points in the SO nonsense?

roommate is a sabres fan.
it's pretty funny both ways

TMoore4075 01-21-2015 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechad90000 (Post 15776897)
They dominated the first two periods. Then Montreal finally put it together in the 3rd and tied it up. Then a really really bad tripping call put them on a 4 on 3 in OT and they got the game winner. Sucks not getting two points out of it as the Preds were definitely the better team tonight.

It was nice to see Hutton playing so well too given that he gave up 3 goals on 4 shots the other night in Detroit.

Damn it Preds. Can't do anything right. lol I got lucky, Wings tried to lose themselves. I thought it was a dream that they won in a shootout.

If anyone wants to see a beautiful shot, check this out:

http://youtu.be/gS2M_dvgQ-M

Wings tv guys have been comparing his shot to Hull's and I see similarities.

dmbwadeo 01-21-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15776613)
too be fair, apparently he was joking.

but yeah, it would really benefit the Flyers if he was suspended the entire season. Crossing my fingers for it actually.

Rinaldo played junior here in London and used to do stupid shit like this ALL THE TIME. He'd get suspended like every 3 games he played because he would do dumb stuff constantly.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15776237)
I love when the Pens and Flyers play

i don't. it's a circus

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15776249)
I don't. This isnt hockey.

this

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15776271)
Bellmare, take your helmet off.

this...what a bitch ass pussy...typical

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbwadeo (Post 15777447)
Rinaldo played junior here in London and used to do stupid shit like this ALL THE TIME. He'd get suspended like every 3 games he played because he would do dumb stuff constantly.

he doesn't belong in the league, period.

i'm seriously tired of it all. for 70+ games per season i get to see entertaining, skillful hockey...and then we play the Flyers

yea, losing 6 in a row to them sucks, but at the end of the day i care more about the health of the game and it's players. we'll be solidly in the playoffs with the Flyers on the outside looking in anyway.

the fans absolutely love the goonery in philly too which just adds fuel to the fire

Rinaldo should get 15 games at least IMO

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777481)
this...what a bitch ass pussy...typical

fuck off, your AHL tough guy picked on a guy who has never had a fight in the NHL. Big tough guy. He got a nice little taste of his own medicine.

Farnham should have gotten an extra two for taking off his helmet.

aeroshady 01-21-2015 06:58 AM

Rangers kept it going last night! One point behind Pitt with a game at hand! Closing in on the Icelanders!

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777489)
fuck off, your AHL tough guy picked on a guy who has never had a fight in the NHL. Big tough guy. He got a nice little taste of his own medicine.

Farnham should have gotten an extra two for taking off his helmet.

i'm just going to pretend that you aren't serious right now because that would be the only logical thing

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777511)
i'm just going to pretend that you aren't serious right now because that would be the only logical thing

What? Am I hurting your feelings by telling the truth? Farnham was called up for some little dancing, right? Well, if you're going to dance, pick a proper partner. He didn't do it, and paid for it.

Also, I've said nothing about the Rinaldo hit because it was classless, late, and dirty. So don't try and lump in my opinion of the game with what Rinaldo did.

You know why the Pens have lost six straight against the Flyers? It's because they get sucked into the emotion. The Pens lose their shit every time the Flyers play. All they have to do is walk away every time the whistle blows, and they never do.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777524)
What? Am I hurting your feelings by telling the truth? Farnham was called up for some little dancing, right? Well, if you're going to dance, pick a proper partner. He didn't do it, and paid for it.

Also, I've said nothing about the Rinaldo hit because it was classless, late, and dirty. So don't try and lump in my opinion of the game with what Rinaldo did.

You know why the Pens have lost six straight against the Flyers? It's because they get sucked into the emotion. The Pens lose their shit every time the Flyers play. All they have to do is walk away every time the whistle blows, and they never do.

at least Farnham properly challenged the guy, unlike Voracek who literally attacked Scuderi from behind after a perfectly legal and clean hip check. and at least Scuderi turned around and fought like a man.

yea, the penguins are going to get sucked into the emotions when their star defenseman gets blind sided and the flyers start acting like fools. the difference this year is that the penguins completely outplayed the flyers last night, with a JV squad i might add. Johnston won't go the Bylsma route, which played into the Flyers hands before.

we'll be getting "sucked in" to a first round matchup in April while the Flyers try to figure out how to build a blue line that can actually win instead of building a team that gets under the Penguins skin

im ok with that trade off

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:38 AM

want some cheese with that whine?

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:41 AM

:lol that's what i thought, typical response

hey man, hats off to the Flyers, they keep beating the penguins and good for them. doesn't really change anything i said though

would love Matty's take on the game if he's seen highlights yet

Rebecca De Mornay 01-21-2015 07:47 AM

what exactly happened in the pens/flyers game last night? i saw a bunch of tweets about it, anything worth watching?

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:48 AM

Pens fans melting are the best kind of fans.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15777661)
what exactly happened in the pens/flyers game last night? i saw a bunch of tweets about it, anything worth watching?

if you like goonery, then yea

if you like hockey, then no

basically Rinaldo cheap shotted Letang from behind into the boards...craziness ensued, 93 penalty minutes combined

game took over 3 hours to play because of the clown shit

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:49 AM

:lol hats off to the flyers=melting

love it!

Rebecca De Mornay 01-21-2015 07:50 AM

i know they are rivals but was there some kind of lead up to this?
i remember someone posting or tweeting yesterday that they expected this to happen.

also, Rinaldo and Voracek are shit.

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15777661)

Dumb, dangerous, blindside Rinaldo hit on Letang.

Four fights, including Pierre E. Bellemare fighting in his first NHL fight against a AHL goon and popping him right in the button. A long bout between Downie and Luke Schenn, Jake Voracek standing up for himself and fighting Scuderi, and one other I'm forgetting.

Pens should have smoked the Flyers, but they did nothing on their six powerplays. Went to overtime, Giroux with the GWG with a minute left.

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15777673)
i remember someone posting or tweeting yesterday that they expected this to happen.

yeah, pens called up two of their AHL goons but apparently it's the Flyers fault.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-21-2015 07:52 AM

whatever, i hate both teams. hopefully they both tank after this.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15777673)

yea p much

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777674)

Four fights, including Pierre E. Bellemare fighting in his first NHL fight against a AHL goon and popping him right in the button. A long bout between Downie and Luke Schenn, Jake Voracek standing up for himself and fighting Scuderi, and one other I'm forgetting.

Pens should have smoked the Flyers, but they did nothing on their six powerplays. Went to overtime, Giroux with the GWG with a minute left.

the bolded is seriously laughable, and the fact that flyers fans really believe this is sad

since when is it ok to attack someone because you suck at skating and he hit you with a CLEAN hip check?

am i missing something?

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777679)
yeah, pens called up two of their AHL goons but apparently it's the Flyers fault.

Farnham has been a contributor before last night btw

and the Flyers don't have to call up goons because they are already on the roster

and yes, it was clearly the Flyers fault

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:56 AM

Voracek sucking at skating. :lol :lol :lol

just because a hit is clean doesn't mean it should have happened. Hip checks can be dangerous if not executed properly. If you watch the video, you actually see the principle point of contact is the hip, but Voracek's knee gets caught as well. He also got flipped over and if he hadn't landed on Scuds he could have been injured. Voracek intially thought the hit was dangerous, which is why he reacted like that--I have no problem with him dropping the mitts. Are you seriously going to tell me that you won't let Malkin or Crosby stand up for himself on a hit they might think is dangerous? You're outta your mind.

And it's not like Voracek punched him in the back of the head or anything. He grabbed him, spun him around and said let's go. All is fair.

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:57 AM

besides Rinaldo, who's the other goons on the Flyers?

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:59 AM

yes the Flyers are goons but the Penguins lead the league in majors penalties with 29, including 9 game misconducts. But yeah, the Flyers are total dirtbags with their one game misconduct. Got it, bud.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:59 AM

yes, i would absolutely have a problem with Malkin or Crosby attacking someone from behind while play is happening if they got hit cleanly

and yes, you suck at skating if you let slow-ass Rob Scuderi hip check you into oblivion

you got got, take it like a man

for all the pussy/whining shit the penguins take, the flyers, and the rest of the league for that matter, are just as bad

i think its hilarious

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777706)
yes the Flyers are goons but the Penguins lead the league in majors penalties with 29, including 9 game misconducts. But yeah, the Flyers are total dirtbags with their one game misconduct. Got it, bud.

that number is skewed, its all Downie and you know it

and fights are different than attacks

Downie's reputation precedes him

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 08:00 AM

really love the holier than thou stance the Pens are taking. Really saying something about a team that has employed Matt Cooke, Matthew Barnaby, Darius Kasperitus, and James Neal over their lifetime.

Yeah, they're SOOOO much cleaner than the Flyers.

CrushB610 01-21-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777674)

Such a good game to be at... the fight you are forgetting is where Raffl got embarrassed but hes not really a fighter. Either way 3/4 ain't bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777700)
Voracek sucking at skating. :lol :lol :lol

just because a hit is clean doesn't mean it should have happened. Hip checks can be dangerous if not executed properly. If you watch the video, you actually see the principle point of contact is the hip, but Voracek's knee gets caught as well. He also got flipped over and if he hadn't landed on Scuds he could have been injured. Voracek intially thought the hit was dangerous, which is why he reacted like that--I have no problem with him dropping the mitts. Are you seriously going to tell me that you won't let Malkin or Crosby stand up for himself on a hit they might think is dangerous? You're outta your mind.

And it's not like Voracek punched him in the back of the head or anything. He grabbed him, spun him around and said let's go. All is fair.

1)Someone said Voracek sucks at skating?? :lol:lol

2) Perfectly fair. He also got a 10 min misconduct so it's not like he didn't get punished.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777719)
really love the holier than thou stance the Pens are taking. Really saying something about a team that has employed Matt Cooke, Matthew Barnaby, Darius Kasperitus, and James Neal over their lifetime.

Yeah, they're SOOOO much cleaner than the Flyers.

i never said they were cleaner than anyone

but they certainly were clean last night, esp in comparison to the shit the flyers were pulling

i've never once condoned the actions of James Neal or Matt Cooke, and my posts in this thread can confirm that

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 08:02 AM

hey guys when's the last time a player has led the league in scoring but sucked at skating?

Jake "cement feet" Voracek.

dmbetc 01-21-2015 08:03 AM

:popcorn:popcorn

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 15777726)
Such a good game to be at... the fight you are forgetting is where Raffl got embarrassed but hes not really a fighter. Either way 3/4 ain't bad.

1)Someone said Voracek sucks at skating?? :lol:lol

2) Perfectly fair. He also got a 10 min misconduct so it's not like he didn't get punished.

if you get a 10 minute misconduct, then that mean what you did was not fair :confused

a 10 minute penalty doesnt make it ok either...

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777728)
i never said they were cleaner than anyone

but they certainly were clean last night, esp in comparison to the shit the flyers were pulling

good for them, let's give them a medal or something.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:04 AM

JFC its called hyperbole, obviously vorachek can skate, but he got got on that play...Scuderi took him to school, he should've dealt with it like a man

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777737)
good for them, let's give them a medal or something.

never said that either

good hockey talk

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15777733)

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...lWT1qfkt17.gif

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777741)
JFC its called hyperbole, obviously vorachek can skate, but he got got on that play...Scuderi took him to school, he should've dealt with it like a man

He did dealt with it like a man, he dropped the gloves. :rolleyes

TMoore4075 01-21-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15777733)

I'm gone for a few hours and come back to a shit ton of posts.

Wings won last night. lol

CrushB610 01-21-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777736)
if you get a 10 minute misconduct, then that mean what you did was not fair :confused

a 10 minute penalty doesnt make it ok either...

They were trying to police the game and not let it get outta hand. I mean all was fair in the unwritten rules of the game (standing up for yourself) like Jake did.

I had no problem with it and wouldn't either if Malkin/Crosby did the same.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777753)
He did dealt with it like a man, he dropped the gloves. :rolleyes

in my world, thats not how a clean hit is handled

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 15777758)
They were trying to police the game and not let it get outta hand. I mean all was fair in the unwritten rules of the game (standing up for yourself) like Jake did.

I had no problem with it and wouldn't either if Malkin/Crosby did the same.

guess thats where we differ

fonzz41 01-21-2015 08:08 AM

I loved the Scuderi hit. Perfectly executed.

Also loved Voracek's fire. We need more superstars to exhibit that.

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 08:10 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c53DZ9iHrJE

Crosby should have dealt with it like a man.

barbogast 01-21-2015 08:23 AM

Pens are a bunch of whiners and Flyers love to goon it up

None of this is news

Go Caps

bradshaw06 01-21-2015 09:25 AM

Pens didnt really 'lose their shit' last night like they have in the past. They didnt respond to the flyers goonery, because that is what it was, like they have in the past. They just kept playing hockey.

bradshaw06 01-21-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777761)
in my world, thats not how a clean hit is handled

Guy got checked, cleanly, then loses his shit. Took himself out of the game for 17 minutes. Very smart. But hey, he sure showed passion and riled up the mouthbreathers in the crowd!

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 09:32 AM

i don't know, maybe i'm in the minority, but games like last night are why i think hockey will always be a 2nd tier sport

there was no sportsmanship whatsoever and whenever one team can turn a game into a circus you have a sport that will never gain new viewers

it was an embarrassment to the game. and when my friends who aren't huge hockey fans ask me "why is that Rinaldo guy in the NHL?"--and i don't have a reasonable answer, i can't blame them for not liking the sport

bradshaw06 01-21-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15778084)
i don't know, maybe i'm in the minority, but games like last night are why i think hockey will always be a 2nd tier sport

there was no sportsmanship whatsoever and whenever one team can turn a game into a circus you have a sport that will never gain new viewers

it was an embarrassment to the game. and when my friends who aren't huge hockey fans ask me "why is that Rinaldo guy in the NHL?"--and i don't have a reasonable answer, i can't blame them for not liking the sport

pretty much a garage league. Other leagues would see what happens to its stars (the Crosbys, Toews and Giroux's of the world) and try to protect them. Not the Nhl, they turn the other check.

Alazais 01-21-2015 09:39 AM

I just watched the hit and ensuing fight. I don't see why anyone is complaining. That's the game. Someone got hit. That someone didn't like the hit and went after a guy. He didn't jump on him from behind. He grabbed him from behind and turned him around, all the while not throwing a punch until the gloves were dropped.

Both plays (hit and fight) were fine. I don't know why anyone is upset at those series of plays. Quit your crying.

barbogast 01-21-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Lots of sense in this post. Reminds me of the line brawl the Caps and Flyers got into last year (the game where Ray Emery jumped Holtby). It's bush league stuff and it holds the league back.

unccrombie 01-21-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15778118)
Lots of sense in this post. Reminds me of the line brawl the Caps and Flyers got into last year (the game where Ray Emery jumped Holtby). It's bush league stuff and it holds the league back.

agreed to both of you. also, not having a major TV deal with ESPN/FOX hurts

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 15778114)
I just watched the hit and ensuing fight. I don't see why anyone is complaining. That's the game. Someone got hit. That someone didn't like the hit and went after a guy. He didn't jump on him from behind. He grabbed him from behind and turned him around, all the while not throwing a punch until the gloves were dropped.

Both plays (hit and fight) were fine. I don't know why anyone is upset at those series of plays. Quit your crying.

the bolded is the problem

its the good 'ol canadian boys club still running, pardon me, ruining the league

oh he turned him around first and THEN started throwing haymakers so its ok by hockey fans' standards? do people not realize how fucking insane that sounds?

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15778118)

completely agree...and this has nothing to do with the Flyers, it happens in Bruin-Habs games all the time and all across the league really. its tiresome

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15778125)
agreed to both of you. also, not having a major TV deal with ESPN/FOX hurts

if you put a good, evolving product on the ice, people will watch no matter what channel it's on

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 15778114)

Thank you.

A bunch of babies in here.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15778133)
Thank you.

A bunch of babies in here.

if you say so man

kev87lads 01-21-2015 09:51 AM

This has been the perfect lunchtime backread while at my conference. Appreciate it all.

Caps still blew it last night. I did take a pic of the presidents trophy banner for all of you. Will attempt to post later.

barbogast 01-21-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15778158)
This has been the perfect lunchtime backread while at my conference. Appreciate it all.

Caps still blew it last night. I did take a pic of the presidents trophy banner for all of you. Will attempt to post later.

:lol:lol excellent

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15778158)

don't thank me, thank the pens fans who think hockey shouldn't be a contact sport.

aeroshady 01-21-2015 10:40 AM

Okay, all Pens and Flyers fans to the Ants penalty box for a while....

thechad90000 01-21-2015 11:13 AM

:lol in here today.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15778296)
don't thank me, thank the pens fans who think hockey shouldn't be a contact sport.

yep, totally what i said

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15778429)
yep, totally what i said

sounds like it, man. God forbid someone stands up for themselves after getting levelled (cleanly, dirty, whatever). Flyers needed a boost, Voracek took it upon himself to provide for that boost.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15778478)
sounds like it, man. God forbid someone stands up for themselves after getting levelled (cleanly, dirty, whatever). Flyers needed a boost, Voracek took it upon himself to provide for that boost.

it doesn't sound like it at all

you have selective reading

fonzz41 01-21-2015 11:40 AM

I'm a big supporter of guys not having to fight when they throw a clean hit.

As someone who's been in a few scraps and know how bad they suck, it just seems wrong that a guy has to go through that after playing within the rules of the game. Like, he's being punished for doing something RIGHT. We've had plenty of arguments in here about that in the past though. "It's part of the game" and all that.

I appreciate Voracek's fire though, and Scuderi's certainly not one to back down. I wouldn't be surprised if he was like, "Wait, he wants to fight after that?--" <thought ends as Voracek wraps him up>

I love when our little thread gets like this. So fun.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15778525)
I'm a big supporter of guys not having to fight when they throw a clean hit.

As someone who's been in a few scraps and know how bad they suck, it just seems wrong that a guy has to go through that after playing within the rules of the game. Like, he's being punished for doing something RIGHT.
We've had plenty of arguments in here about that in the past though. "It's part of the game" and all that.

I appreciate Voracek's fire though, and Scuderi's certainly not one to back down. I wouldn't be surprised if he was like, "Wait, he wants to fight after that?--" <thought ends as Voracek wraps him up>

I love when our little thread gets like this. So fun.

the bolded was the exact point i was trying to make

and, IMO, when shit like that happens its bad for the league, no matter who is involved

great, Voracek showed some "fire" and did what he thought his teammates and fans wanted him to do. that doesn't change my opinion on the matter

its an inconsistent garage league and is stuck in the 20th century which is why they'll always be a 2nd tier sport

fonzz41 01-21-2015 12:41 PM

Another one from my childhood bites the dust as Ray Whitney retires today. 42 years young. Interesting that he did it mid-season.

Alazais 01-21-2015 01:11 PM

As a Canadian, My word is law when it comes to all things hockey and I say it's fine. No punches were thrown until the guy dropped his gloves. Hockey is a fight, not a tea party. This isn't baseball

In saying all of that, I fucking hate the Flyers. They're the worst, scummiest team in the entire sport. Rinaldo's actions and post game response to his disgusting behaviour absolutely validate that position. However, if you're in a game, and you do something that is even near the line, expect someone to respond accordingly.

lockman21 01-21-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15778757)
Another one from my childhood bites the dust as Ray Whitney retires today. 42 years young. Interesting that he did it mid-season.

God damnit, I read that fast and thought he freakin died.

bradshaw06 01-21-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777706)

Its actually 25, Flyers have 22 this season.

14-15: Pit 25, Phi 22
13-14: Pit 28, Phi 46
12-13: Pit 23, Phi 35
11-12: Pit 32, Phi 58
10-11: Pit 74, Phi 39

Past 5 years total = Pit 182, Phi 200

bradshaw06 01-21-2015 04:28 PM

Big 'rivalry' game tonight. Pens may be missing Malkin and Letang. Should be fun.

bradshaw06 01-21-2015 07:46 PM

Damn good game.

dmbetc 01-21-2015 08:54 PM

He is still a dick wad, but I throughly enjoyed this article by Sean Avery:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/the-new-avery-rule/

pathetic 01-21-2015 09:33 PM

Can't believe this game is going to OT

bartender_man 01-21-2015 11:15 PM