Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

fonzz41 02-26-2014 08:07 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15144320)
Yeah other than maybe Edmonton, Florida or Calgary I'm guessing he'd be open to anything else. St Louis or Washington would be my guesses. However, do I think he's the answer for the Caps? Not really.

Yeah, he alone couldn't turn around the mess that is the Capitals. Right now if there were a multiple choice question that looked something like this...

What is the answer for the Washington Capitals?
A. Bona fide starting goalie
B. Completely revamped defense
C. At least 3 hard-working forwards who can play minutes on the top two lines
D. An attitude adjustment that comes from better player leadership
E. All of the above

... We would all get the correct answer. I recognize you can't just trade a guy like Ovechkin, but maybe you try to surround him with team-first players who can compensate for his attitude. I will say this, I like the Caps bottom lines. Some good grinders down there like Chimera who I'm a fan of. That's it.

EDIT: Thanks for the contract info on Miller.

swordo84 02-26-2014 08:08 AM

I'm just going to start the Miller to the Habs as a rental rumour.

Facing his first shot, in his first practice back Price has left the ice with an apparent leg injury.

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15144392)
I'm just going to start the Miller to the Habs as a rental rumour.

Facing his first shot, in his first practice back Price has left the ice with an apparent leg injury.

Oh, so that explosion I heard was Montreal? Got it.

swordo84 02-26-2014 08:27 AM

Further to Price...doesn't sound too serious

Quote:

Originally Posted by @BartsBytes

#Habs Price aggravated a lower body injury during Olympics. Out for next two games, day to day. Played through injury in Sochi. #habson690

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 08:28 AM

Well since Wings are in Montreal tonight, I'm happy to not have to face him.

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 08:39 AM

‏@mike_p_johnson
"If Price was dealing with a lower body injury, why in the world would he be taking shots on a 5-0 pp practice cold. Not a wise decision."

Fair point.

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 10:02 AM

https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/stat...33100072574978

Well, guess that confirms that. So weird and so sad.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-26-2014 10:03 AM

^^ what is it? twitter blocked at work.

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15144935)

Sorry: "Marty St. Louis has requested a trade from the #Lightning, Newsday confirmed."

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15144935)

Just saw this: http://www.gizmopod.com/gallery/6196...f-google/62952

If your school or office stops you from visiting certain sites, just use type "cache:WEBSITENAME.com" into the search box and avoid the block. It's that easy.

Curious if that would solve your twitter problem.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-26-2014 10:17 AM

hmm got me excited but not working for me.

in hockey related news and i know this wont happen but st. louis would be a great addition to the jackets. i know they're overall scoring numbers look better after the january they had but i dont feel anyone on that team is a consistent producer.

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 10:43 AM

I'm curious as to where he'll go. Someone will get him I'm sure. This isn't Luongo here. But if this is because of the Olympics thing, which you kinda have to assume it is, that's stupid and he might be in for a shock. I mean you are 2nd in the division right now with this team. Playing well. Hell, you were doing well, without your best player for a long time and he'll be back soon. You'd leave all that over some hurt feelings?

swordo84 02-26-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15145153)
I'm curious as to where he'll go. Someone will get him I'm sure. This isn't Luongo here. But if this is because of the Olympics thing, which you kinda have to assume it is, that's stupid and he might be in for a shock. I mean you are 2nd in the division right now with this team. Playing well. Hell, you were doing well, without your best player for a long time and he'll be back soon. You'd leave all that over some hurt feelings?

Yeah, its a wierd one, and a very soft move by Marty imo. Suck it up buttercup, it wasn't a personal decision so don't take it so personally.

~Crashintome89~ 02-26-2014 11:13 AM

I think there is more to this than just a simple Olympic snub. I mean...it doesn't seem really plausible for St. Louis to do this.

My take is that he told Yzerman by a certain date if the Lightning weren't looking too hot, he would like to move to a contender. He's old now. He wants a chance at another Cup. Don't blame him.

fonzz41 02-26-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15137638)
I have a difficult time believing a mature, overall classy player like St. Louis would demand to be traded simply because he didn't make the Olympics. He could've asked for a trade, sure, but I'm a bit skeptical that the Olympic snub would be his only reason. Who knows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15145261)
I think there is more to this than just a simple Olympic snub. I mean...it doesn't seem really plausible for St. Louis to do this.

We're thinking along the same lines... just seems like a... Russian thing to do. Not a 38 year old, team-first guy who had to claw and scrape just to make the NHL in the first place.

Gotta be something else going on. The Lightning are doing well this year, but I don't know if anyone feels they are serious contenders. Crazier things have happened, but I wouldn't be putting any money on it. Maybe he is (like Matt said) just feeling the pressure of wanting to make one more solid run before retiring. Could have nothing to do with sour grapes or bad feelings.

But yeah, certainly an intriguing story.

~Crashintome89~ 02-26-2014 11:25 AM

I also forgot he was captain of the team. Wow, that's--so unlike him. Maybe he really thinks the Lightning will get more out of him if he's traded, considering that it's Stamkos team by now. His captaincy was probably just a nice gesture.

~Crashintome89~ 02-26-2014 11:55 AM

For those of you not on the Twitter machine, or at least want some summary of today's news....

http://skateinthecrease.weebly.com/2...y-26-2013.html

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15145261)

My take is that he told Yzerman by a certain date if the Lightning weren't looking too hot, he would like to move to a contender. He's old now. He wants a chance at another Cup. Don't blame him.

While they might not be a contender they are in a damn fine position. And see I think it is the Olympics because, while petty, it's the only thing that makes sense because they are in an ok position. None of the teams that are more serious contenders (Boston, Pitt, Chicago, Anaheim and St Louis) really have the space for him. So without those teams, where's he gonna go that's a better shot than TBL?

~Crashintome89~ 02-26-2014 12:09 PM

In other news, as you can see I started back up my blog. My intention is just to do update summaries of what's been going on and then have some original featured material. However, I'm looking to collect statistics and such. For all your puck lovers out there, would anyone be interested in helping me collect such data? I'm open to volunteers, helpers--you guys don't have to write or anything, unless you want to--I'm up for that as well.

lockman21 02-26-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15144006)
christ...

Uh, earth to Brint, I was making a joke.

lockman21 02-26-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15144240)
My buddy posted a great status the other day:

"Jonathan Toews could retire today a Hall of Famer. At 25 years of age, he has won a U-17 tournament gold medal, two World Junior Championship gold medals, two Olympic gold medals, two Stanley Cups, a Conn Smythe trophy, a Selke trophy...Blackhawks fans are so lucky to have this guy."

He's not wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15144262)
St. Louis is the team that keeps popping up for Miller. You'd hope Murray would do the guy a solid and send him to a contender.

On that note, what's Miller contract like in terms of a NMC? Does he have any say?

St. Louis honestly makes the most sense, assuming they send a goalie back to Buffalo. Minnesota, Winnipeg, and Washington also make sense, but I bet he ends up in St. Louis...which is terrifying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15145153)

My first bet? The Rangers get him.

But I also have to believe this is a lot more than any Olympic nonsense.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-26-2014 12:57 PM

There's an article on the Jackets SB nation site that says "reportedly"" the Rags offered Callahan straight up for St. Louis.

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15145803)
St. Louis honestly makes the most sense, assuming they send a goalie back to Buffalo. Minnesota, Winnipeg, and Washington also make sense, but I bet he ends up in St. Louis...which is terrifying.

But I also have to believe this is a lot more than any Olympic nonsense.

To Miller, yeah makes the most sense short term and long term in St Louis.

If Marty ends up in New York, it sure wasn't he wanted to be on a contender. While the Rangers have the better goaltending, I don't see them as any more likely to win a Cup than TBL.

hailtopitt 02-26-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15145771)
Uh, earth to Brint, I was making a joke.

i'm aware

fonzz41 02-26-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15145803)

It is terrifying. I would guess they send Halak over for him, if Buffalo will take him until the end of the season. Or they off-load him somewhere else to clear the space. Elliott could go too if they want to get started with an Allen/Miller tandem. But I would imagine they hold on to at least one seasoned goalie in case of injuries before/during the playoffs.

As for St. Louis (player), NYR makes sense from a logistical standpoint (I just read that his off-season home is in CT), but would not go very far in proving my supposition that he's chasing a Cup. Going there would definitely be a step backwards. But then there's the question I had about Miller earlier, which is how much say does St. Louis have?

Damn... talking about St. Louis (city) and St. Louis (player) is getting confusing. I propose we call them STL and MSL until after the trade deadline. :cool

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15145838)
As for St. Louis (player), NYR makes sense from a logistical standpoint (I just read that his off-season home is in CT), but would not go very far in proving my supposition that he's chasing a Cup. Going there would definitely be a step backwards. But then there's the question I had about Miller earlier, which is how much say does St. Louis have?

Damn... talking about St. Louis (city) and St. Louis (player) is getting confusing. I propose we call them STL and MSL until after the trade deadline. :cool

That's just the thing right there. Especially with Cally all but gone and Girardi maybe on the way out too. So for arguments take, if it's not the Olympics, what could make him want to leave a team he's been with forever, and he's the captain of? Just weird, no matter what the reason honestly.

swordo84 02-26-2014 01:16 PM

Miller to STL doesn't make much sense to me anyway. They've been rolling with two solid to great 'tenders this far. Would be a big kick in the nuts to the entire team to bring in a new guy now to carry them...not to mention they don't need him to being with. It wouldn't surprise me if that's where he lands, but it doesn't seem logical to this guy, eh?

lockman21 02-26-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15145829)
There's an article on the Jackets SB nation site that says "reportedly"" the Rags offered Callahan straight up for St. Louis.

Contract talks have basically stalled with Callahan. If they can't get something going, I bet he gets moved. We'll see though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15145834)
To Miller, yeah makes the most sense short term and long term in St Louis.

If Marty ends up in New York, it sure wasn't he wanted to be on a contender. While the Rangers have the better goaltending, I don't see them as any more likely to win a Cup than TBL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15145838)
It is terrifying. I would guess they send Halak over for him, if Buffalo will take him until the end of the season. Or they off-load him somewhere else to clear the space. Elliott could go too if they want to get started with an Allen/Miller tandem. But I would imagine they hold on to at least one seasoned goalie in case of injuries before/during the playoffs.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, I think the Rangers are better than people are giving them credit for. I give them a better shot of winning the Cup than TBL, especially if they can get MSL and keep Callahan.

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15145879)
Miller to STL doesn't make much sense to me anyway. They've been rolling with two solid to great 'tenders this far. Would be a big kick in the nuts to the entire team to bring in a new guy now to carry them...not to mention they don't need him to being with. It wouldn't surprise me if that's where he lands, but it doesn't seem logical to this guy, eh?

While I understand that argument, and would understand if the Blues did that, I think it still makes sense. Mentioned earlier, bring in Miller and sign him to a deal around 4 years or so, and bring up Allen as the backup. Let him get his feet wet for 2 years and transition after that to a 1A/1B thing as Miller gets older. Halak is gonna want a longer term deal, ala Rask, Crawford, Henrik, Howard, and the Blues might not want to do that with Allen coming up behind them. Of course this would all come down to Miller accepting a 3-4 year deal or so too, which is a big if, since someone would prolly sign him to an 8 year deal knowing some of these GM's.

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15145885)
Contract talks have basically stalled with Callahan. If they can't get something going, I bet he gets moved. We'll see though.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, I think the Rangers are better than people are giving them credit for. I give them a better shot of winning the Cup than TBL, especially if they can get MSL and keep Callahan.

Dreger or MacKenzie said it's about 99% that Callahan gets traded.

lockman21 02-26-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15145879)

I think STL feels they're a great goaltender away from a Cup. Having the revolving door of basically 3 good goalies hasn't done it for them yet, and I think they'd rather have the 1 stud than 3 good 'tenders. And I don't blame them.

lockman21 02-26-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15145899)
Dreger or MacKenzie said it's about 99% that Callahan gets traded.

Dreger says a lot of things. :lol

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15145907)
Dreger says a lot of things. :lol

You make it sound like he's Eklund. If he's saying it, there's at least something to it. Cally wants big money, and knows someone will give it to him. We keep saying they'll wise up eventually, but no one has yet. And the Rangers won't lose him for nothing.

fonzz41 02-26-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15145885)

Depending on their seeding, I see them as maybe getting to the second round, if they make the show at all. Getting MSL and keeping Callahan would for sure up their chances. Both you and I are pretty outspoken of our love Cally

fonzz41 02-26-2014 02:27 PM

I just got kinda hard thinking about the possibility of Parenteau (and probably a pick, but whatev) for Girardi... Just a thought.

DynastyDrummer1 02-26-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15143709)
That is going to be a tough-ass contract to trade I would think. 7 years left on a 10yr, $40mil contract and I think he had a no trade or no movement clause anyway (not that anyone would want to stay and play for the Sabres)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15144262)
St. Louis is the team that keeps popping up for Miller. You'd hope Murray would do the guy a solid and send him to a contender.

On that note, what's Miller contract like in terms of a NMC? Does he have any say?

They both have the NMC where they can list 8 teams they will not accept a trade to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15143861)
:lol:lol:lol

Was you or Scheiber who did the same exact thing last year? FIRE SALE! SELL! SELL! SELL! YOU WANT DEFENSEMEN!?!? WE HAVE THEM ALL!!

Probably both of us. I've been hitting the sell button for a year or two now. Blow it up! :rattle

lockman21 02-26-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15146081)
I just got kinda hard thinking about the possibility of Parenteau (and probably a pick, but whatev) for Girardi... Just a thought.

How about Ryan O'Reilly for Pirri and a 2nd rounder?

Ehhhhhhhhh? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

~Crashintome89~ 02-26-2014 04:22 PM

Dan Girardi to the Flyers. Get it done, Homer.

aeroshady 02-26-2014 04:46 PM

Not sure about all the Rangers hate. They were playing fantastic hockey going into the Olympic break. They keep that up and they are 100% a cup contender....or at least a contender to come out of the east.

HallowBillies7 02-26-2014 05:13 PM

The NHL 2013-14 Thread

Soderberg is filthy, I heard so much about how good he was playing in Sweden and wasn't really impressed with him on the wing, but he looks so much better at center.

Edit: and Loui looks like he's keeping up his great play from the Olympics so far, hopefully he's finally found his game.

fonzz41 02-26-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15146337)
Not sure about all the Rangers hate. They were playing fantastic hockey going into the Olympic break. They keep that up and they are 100% a cup contender....or at least a contender to come out of the east.

For me, it's not hate at all. Just honestly don't think they are big contenders. FWIW, I don't really think the Avs are either. Not this year.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-26-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15146337)

:lol you have said yourself more than anyone else in this thread that they are not a cup contender.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-26-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15146487)
For me, it's not hate at all. Just honestly don't think they are big contenders. FWIW, I don't really think the Avs are either. Not this year.

:thumbsup avs/jackets cup might be a sweep. I'd have to update my sig.

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 06:36 PM

According to the fourth period, Kesler has asked to be traded. We could finally have a good deadline day boys. Maybe I should take Wednesday off. lol

lockman21 02-26-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15146625)
According to the fourth period, Kesler has asked to be traded. We could finally have a good deadline day boys. Maybe I should take Wednesday off. lol

LET THE KESLER/KANE BROMANCE CONTINUE IN CHICAGO!

God that would be amazing.

lockman21 02-26-2014 06:41 PM

Bickell, Leddy and Pirri for Kesler and a 3rd.

Thanks Vancouver.

fonzz41 02-26-2014 06:41 PM

Is that like a new thing in the nhl, asking to be traded?

Vancouver is falling apart at the seams.

fonzz41 02-26-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15146266)
How about Ryan O'Reilly for Pirri and a 2nd rounder?

Ehhhhhhhhh? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Give us Seabrook instead and you've got a deal.

O'Reilly would actually make a great Blackhawk.

lockman21 02-26-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15146643)
Is that like a new thing in the nhl, asking to be traded?

Vancouver is falling apart at the seams.

Vancouver has been falling apart since 2011.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15146647)
Give us Seabrook instead and you've got a deal.

O'Reilly would actually make a great Blackhawk.

OK, fine, O'Reilly for Bickell.

bonzo48280 02-26-2014 06:48 PM

I wouldn't give up all that for Kesler. Basically I just wouldn't give up Leddy. He's top 4 with Hammer next year. Maybe even this year if they trade Oduya and being up Stephen Johns.

lockman21 02-26-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15146657)
I wouldn't give up all that for Kesler. Basically I just wouldn't give up Leddy. He's top 4 with Hammer next year. Maybe even this year if they trade Oduya and being up Stephen Johns.

Wait, wait, wait...you don't want to give up Leddy but you hate Seabrook? What?

Dude. I mean...what?

fonzz41 02-26-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15146499)
:thumbsup avs/jackets cup might be a sweep. I'd have to update my sig.

:thumbsup if that ever happened I would buy a Foote Jackets jersey in your honor.

TMoore4075 02-26-2014 06:50 PM

Wouldn't Kessler coming home but he really doesn't fit here.

fonzz41 02-26-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15146653)
Vancouver has been falling apart since 2011.

OK, fine, O'Reilly for Bickell.

Deal. I'll call Joe, you call Stan.

lockman21 02-26-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15146669)
Wouldn't Kessler coming home but he really doesn't fit here.

Yeah...that might be one of the very few teams he doesn't seem to make sense on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15146670)
Deal. I'll call Joe, you call Stan.

In all seriousness, he would be a great fit. But then again, so would any legit 2C.

All this Kesler talk...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcHy8xEt2QI

bonzo48280 02-26-2014 07:05 PM

I'm sorry I don't have a permanent love affair with Seabrook, but he was slow last year and more of the same this year. He's much worse than he was in 2010. This is from Yahoo yesterday:

Pre-Break LVP: Brent Seabrook. Not Bryan Bickell who is coming off two knee injuries. Most of Seabrook's blips have been covered by Keith, but he's been slow, wayward, and just in a general fog all year.

Him and Keith don't even draw top assignments...I'm sure it's not because of this years' Norris winner.

fonzz41 02-26-2014 07:44 PM

Surprisingly (or not surprisingly?) the only Avs players who didn't look flat for the first 10 minutes or so tonight were the Olympians (Duchene, Stastny, Landeskog).

Pretty much the same thing with the Kings.

bonzo48280 02-26-2014 07:46 PM

The guys I'm worried about with Olympics are Hossa and Keith. Keith gets a huge workload and Hossa is getting older. Couple that with this being a lonnnng year and last year being an extra short summer and I hope they have legs in May

aeroshady 02-26-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15146494)
:lol you have said yourself more than anyone else in this thread that they are not a cup contender.

Haha true, but it's ok when I say it because I'm a Rangers fan! Kind of like making jokes about your race, funny when you do it, not cool when someone not of that race does :lol

:trap

:gonnacall

lockman21 02-26-2014 08:58 PM

If you need more proof that Bonzo is the new Bron, look no further than him saying he wouldn't want to give up Nick Leddy for a 40 goal scoring, Selke winning center.

bonzo48280 02-26-2014 09:43 PM

The NHL 2013-14 Thread

I said I wouldn't give up all that for Kesler but ok. Nick Leddy for Kesler would obviously be a no-brainer, but that's not what you said. Obviously Leddy was the centerpiece of the deal you proposed, and I felt that made it too much to give away.

bonzo48280 02-26-2014 09:48 PM

The NHL 2013-14 Thread

I didn't even say no! Probably would have to think about that trade hence the "gee I don't know" timidness. Hahaha Oh man, Lockman has been awesome this season.

TMoore4075 02-27-2014 05:28 AM

So NHL Network this morning listing some Canes who might be on the block, and Ward was listed again. How crazy would it be to have Miller and Ward traded on the same deadline?

Rebecca De Mornay 02-27-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15146667)
:thumbsup if that ever happened I would buy a Foote Jackets jersey in your honor.

:lol you may have trouble finding one of those, he didn't leave on great terms here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15146871)
Haha true, but it's ok when I say it because I'm a Rangers fan! Kind of like making jokes about your race, funny when you do it, not cool when someone not of that race does :lol

:trap

:gonnacall

:lol that's fair

TMoore4075 02-27-2014 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15147460)
:lol you may have trouble finding one of those, he didn't leave on great terms here.

:lol that's fair

CBJ was one of the places TSN talked about for Kesler since he played at OSU. Which I had no idea to be honest.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-27-2014 06:25 AM

yep, kesler and umberger are the pride of buckeye hockey.

fonzz41 02-27-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15147460)

:lol nope. If I can't find one, "De Mornay" etched on the back would be my second choice.

hailtopitt 02-27-2014 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15147579)
:lol nope. If I can't find one, "De Mornay" etched on the back would be my second choice.

that would be awesome

TMoore4075 02-27-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15147549)
yep, kesler and umberger are the pride of buckeye hockey.

I know I've posted it before but this is what I'll always think of when I think of Umberger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_caFm6kHORI

Rebecca De Mornay 02-27-2014 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15147579)

you need to do this anyways. alternate uni with the cannon.

TMoore4075 02-27-2014 06:49 AM

Just get a picture with the phallic mascot.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-27-2014 06:52 AM

:lol i haven't seen the penis mascot around this year. they must be moving themselves away from that brand.

the fat guy that dances is still there though.

swordo84 02-27-2014 07:15 AM

Random thought, but if I'm Mike Smith I'm giving my gold medal to Babcock.

TMoore4075 02-27-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15147716)
Random thought, but if I'm Mike Smith I'm giving my gold medal to Babcock.

If I'm Marty St. Louis I'm giving mine to Stevie Yzer....ohhhh.

fonzz41 02-27-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15147630)
you need to do this anyways. alternate uni with the cannon.

You grab a "Fonzz41" Avs sweater and we'll call it a deal. :thumbsup

Rebecca De Mornay 02-27-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15147754)
You grab a "Fonzz41" Avs sweater and we'll call it a deal. :thumbsup

Intriguing. I grew up a huge BU hockey fan so I do have an Avs Drury sweater in my closet.

Bron Yr Aur 02-27-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15146921)
If you need more proof that Bonzo is the new Bron, look no further than him saying he wouldn't want to give up Nick Leddy for a 40 goal scoring, Selke winning center.

Hahahaah.

Honestly though would Vancouver do that deal? Bickell is just dead weight and might kill that deal.

I like Leddy but at this point I don't see him as much more of a 2nd/3rd offensive d-man who is still a bit of a liability defensively. Hard to say if he can take another step with his defensive game.

bonzo48280 02-27-2014 09:14 AM

This is the best time of year...the playoff race. The Hawks had it locked up this time last year so I'm excited for March.

TMoore4075 02-27-2014 09:51 AM

Headline from prohockeytalk: "Callahan’s agent hasn’t talked with Rangers since before Olympics"

That sounds more like 100% he's gone, not 99%.

bonzo48280 02-27-2014 09:58 AM

I'll take Calahan. The Rangers are so interesting

aeroshady 02-27-2014 02:00 PM

Cally goes and I will be pissed. I hate having to buy new jerseys.

fonzz41 02-27-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15148405)
Headline from prohockeytalk: "Callahan’s agent hasn’t talked with Rangers since before Olympics"

That sounds more like 100% he's gone, not 99%.

From Lebrun's article today:

Quote:

On Callahan, by the way, I spoke Thursday with his veteran agent, Steve Bartlett, who indicated that he's spoken to the Rangers a few times this week and plans to do so again within the next day or so.

"We'll keep the lines of communication open," Bartlett said.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...blues-shopping

Also from the article, regarding Kesler:
Quote:

It doesn't sound as though Kesler actually made a formal trade request at any time, although it was clearly indicated that a change of scenery could benefit both the player and the team; so perhaps semantics, if anything else.

Roose13 02-27-2014 03:10 PM

Back in Philly tonight for the Flyers/Sharks game. Looking to chat with a few of the Olympians after the game for a story

TMoore4075 02-27-2014 05:30 PM

Franzen sure likes to play the Sens. 2 of the Wings 4 in the first.

TMoore4075 02-27-2014 05:50 PM

Make that the trick. Franzen now has 9 goals in his last 3 games in Ottawa. So barring a collapse Wings get 4 points in the division. Sad they gave the Habs an extra one last night.

efraser77 02-27-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15149514)
Back in Philly tonight for the Flyers/Sharks game. Looking to chat with a few of the Olympians after the game for a story

Chat with Pavelski about his hat trick tonight. :p

Or Raffi about two goals on his first game of the year (not that he's an Olympian, just had to mention it).

efraser77 02-27-2014 06:27 PM

Um, can't be too mad when you're already up by 5, but Couture was just unjustly denied a hat trick of his own. Puck was obviously in.

Edit: @brodiebrazilCSN: It's got to be a HAT TRICK for @Logancouture: http://t.co/Ha4a4WhHeR

salrx95 02-27-2014 07:02 PM

Who needs Tavares. Screw Toronto. I love beating those guys ever since '02. Bernier looked terrible tonight. Going to love playing spoiler in this tight race.

efraser77 02-27-2014 07:31 PM

Yeah, screw Toronto!

You're talking about the War Room, right?

lockman21 02-27-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15147778)
Hahahaah.

Honestly though would Vancouver do that deal? Bickell is just dead weight and might kill that deal.

I like Leddy but at this point I don't see him as much more of a 2nd/3rd offensive d-man who is still a bit of a liability defensively. Hard to say if he can take another step with his defensive game.

There's no way in hell they'd do it. Leddy is a strong defenseman, but he's showing his ceiling, and he's very weak defensively. He's getting better, but he's a poor man's Brian Campbell. You hit the nail on the head with him. He's going to be replaced by Adam Clendening in Chicago when his contract is up, anyway, maybe even this offseason we could see him as a draft day trade causality.

Bickell is a little more than dead weight, but has a little upside and Pirri just wouldn't command much in a trade. Pirri would be a vital piece to have a young center replacing Kesler, clearly not even close the the same caliber but...I'm sure they'd want a center to replace him.

So no, it was more of a joke that would never be reality.

Honestly, I see the Canucks moving him this offseason or next trade deadline. Their window is closing on a Cup (if not closed) with the current roster makeup, and getting max value for a guy like Kesler who clearly isn't 100% happy with the situation would be really great for a quick rebuild. Moving the Sedin's would be near impossible, since I doubt they would accept a trade to separate teams.

salrx95 02-27-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efraser77 (Post 15150290)
Yeah, screw Toronto!

You're talking about the War Room, right?

Both, really. War room is not kind to us.

HallowBillies7 02-27-2014 08:17 PM

Roussell got ruined here!

http://youtu.be/aH22EoRqoMw

bonzo48280 02-27-2014 09:22 PM

Too bad the Hawks couldn't get two points tonight. STL and Colo losing last night helped and they couldn't capitalize. Damn.

dmbetc 02-27-2014 09:34 PM

Nice to see Dustin smiling after a game.

waterboy100 02-27-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15150916)
Nice to see Dustin smiling after a game.

For sure. I only caught the very end of the game. Yesterday was great too.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

TMoore4075 02-28-2014 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15150161)
Who needs Tavares. Screw Toronto. I love beating those guys ever since '02. Bernier looked terrible tonight. Going to love playing spoiler in this tight race.

Could have helped spoil a little more with a regialtion win. Wings would be within 2. Also wtf Pens? You couldn't help either? I know you're missing some guys but I needed your help. lol

salrx95 02-28-2014 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15151388)
Could have helped spoil a little more with a regialtion win. Wings would be within 2. Also wtf Pens? You couldn't help either? I know you're missing some guys but I needed your help. lol

We could have but I was expecting a loss as we you, I would think. I was surprised by the win AND 5 goals. Toronto looked terrible. And I started Bernier in my fantasy league as I thought he was a great option last night. Not at all disappointed it went the other way.

unccrombie 02-28-2014 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15150820)
Too bad the Hawks couldn't get two points tonight. STL and Colo losing last night helped and they couldn't capitalize. Damn.

i'm cool with you getting 0 points.

TMoore4075 02-28-2014 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15151526)
We could have but I was expecting a loss as we you, I would think. I was surprised by the win AND 5 goals. Toronto looked terrible. And I started Bernier in my fantasy league as I thought he was a great option last night. Not at all disappointed it went the other way.

I like the sound of "Toronto looked terrible." Hoping that keeps up. Within 3 of TO and TBL and 5 of the Habs. I like.

kev87lads 02-28-2014 06:16 AM

Flyers looked good in the 2nd period last night.....