Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Enormous: The Gorge Story (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334646)

daveshookme 03-03-2015 01:38 PM

Enormous: The Gorge Story

Some of you may have seen this making its rounds, some of you may have not. For the snorlax's among us, there's a filmmaker working on a project about the Gorge. Yeah, THE Gorge. He's been in contact with the president of LiveNation (when he reads this, I hope he PM's me. I've got some Q's to shoot The Pres's way), and a few other dudes and it sounds pretty compelling so far. A documentary about the history and formation of one of the most iconic and famous amphitheaters, and for my money, the most beautiful place to see a concert on earth.

Here's a link to the site, where you can sign up to get news about the film. And here's some more information going in detail about the process so far.

Stay tuned, I'm pretty excited to see what this guy churns out.

I just hope the credits aren't set to SMLAM.

Cscottrun 03-03-2015 01:49 PM

Re: Enormous: The Gorge Story

I remember seeing something like this over a year ago, possibly several years ago. Am I thinking of the same project?

tdub 03-03-2015 01:56 PM

Thanks for posting! Well said. I'm too new to start the thread myself, but I'm producing the film. We are about halfway done filming it - this upcoming concert season will complete all the photography and interviews for it. I can tell you that Dave himself opens the pre-release trailer that is coming out in a couple of weeks and we'll be posting that on the Facebook & Website as soon as it's finalized. Here to answer any questions you guys might have.

tdub 03-03-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 15850641)
I remember seeing something like this over a year ago, possibly several years ago. Am I thinking of the same project?

We began filming at Sasquatch '14, so probably isn't the same project. As far as I know, this is the only film sanctioned by Live Nation and that has interviewed the principal founders of The Gorge.

daveshookme 03-03-2015 01:58 PM

Doesn't look like it, their FB page isn't that old. Couldn't find a date on their website, but I don't think it is.

kbail1230 03-03-2015 02:52 PM

Isn't there a whole bunch of renovations planned for the Gorge?

tdub 03-03-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbail1230 (Post 15850842)

There is definitely talk of it, but I don't know of anything that has officially been released by Live Nation.

moccasin 03-03-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbail1230 (Post 15850842)

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertai...ed-until-2016/

socopithy 03-06-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdub (Post 15850668)
Here to answer any questions you guys might have.

Any chance this year's Gorge attendees can wind up on camera? I'll want to do my hair.

bhobbster 03-06-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdub (Post 15850668)
Thanks for posting! Well said. I'm too new to start the thread myself, but I'm producing the film. We are about halfway done filming it - this upcoming concert season will complete all the photography and interviews for it. I can tell you that Dave himself opens the pre-release trailer that is coming out in a couple of weeks and we'll be posting that on the Facebook & Website as soon as it's finalized. Here to answer any questions you guys might have.

This is really cool, tdub. I couldn't agree more about this place being something magical in terms of enjoying the music you love, with people who are generally on the same wavelength and went through some effort to be there.

Does the scope of your story include the perspective of fans as well as the artists and founders? To me, a big part of what makes the Gorge special is the "mecca" nature of it from the standpoint of fans.

dobyblue 03-10-2015 05:43 AM

This would be a pretty good time to reissue an expanded DMB: Live at the Gorge on Blu-ray (or film this year's shows in their entirety for a deluxe Blu-ray boxset).

RiotAct 03-10-2015 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15855449)
Any chance this year's Gorge attendees can wind up on camera? I'll want to do my hair.

Why? You already look stunning.

daveshookme 03-10-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 15859843)
Why? You already look stunning.

awwww. romants

TheStone91 03-10-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobyblue (Post 15859815)
This would be a pretty good time to reissue an expanded DMB: Live at the Gorge on Blu-ray (or film this year's shows in their entirety for a deluxe Blu-ray boxset).

Haha, good one. This is the Dave Matthews Band we're talking about.

Sad that I/many instantly have no hope of something awesome like this happening.

TMoore4075 03-11-2015 06:21 AM

Well to the whole 2002 run to be on Bluray, won't happen cause pre-HD and I think wouldn't look great up-converted. Also one erason the whole weekend wasn't released was because the wind made it very difficult and they had some rough recordings. Fenton said that in an interview.

socopithy 04-20-2015 07:26 AM

DMB Twitter account just posted a promo of the documentary: https://twitter.com/davematthewsbnd/...59259867971584

Direct link to trailer: https://youtu.be/PDwaghJXVXw
Looks incredible :thumbsup

MikeZimm 04-20-2015 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15916211)
DMB Twitter account just posted a promo of the documentary: https://twitter.com/davematthewsbnd/...59259867971584

Direct link to trailer: https://youtu.be/PDwaghJXVXw
Looks incredible :thumbsup

Very cool.
Looking forward to seeing that.

socopithy 04-20-2015 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeZimm (Post 15916235)
Very cool.
Looking forward to seeing that.

Oh cool this year is your first Gorge?
Picked a good one. This documentary crew is supposed to be shooting the last bit they need at The Gorge this year.

MikeZimm 04-20-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15916241)
Oh cool this year is your first Gorge?
Picked a good one. This documentary crew is supposed to be shooting the last bit they need at The Gorge this year.

Yep. 1st time and can't wait.

laverwater 04-20-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeZimm (Post 15916502)
Yep. 1st time and can't wait.

Be careful! I moved to Oregon after my first Gorge...

And, to the docu, amazing trailer! Crazy to see how low the water was last year because of the dam being fixed. Should be back to normal this year. Can't wait to swim again off Vantage Rd!!

space_raven 04-20-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15855449)

http://giphy.com/gifs/film-wil-wheat...-Wc5qC2s1cFPws

socopithy 04-20-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15916622)

:lol:lol

mHeiser92 10-23-2017 05:11 PM

Just remembered this and did some digging but couldn't find anything... Did anything come from this doc?

dmbolp 10-23-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mHeiser92 (Post 16916833)
Just remembered this and did some digging but couldn't find anything... Did anything come from this doc?

Thought about this last week after seeing some other kickstarter project pop up on my feed, so I googled it. They make occasional facebook posts, but nothing about the doc, every post has a "when is this going to be released" comment, which is always ignored :)

mHeiser92 10-23-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 16916835)
Thought about this last week after seeing some other kickstarter project pop up on my feed, so I googled it. They make occasional facebook posts, but nothing about the doc, every post has a "when is this going to be released" comment, which is always ignored :)

That's kind of what I figured which sucks... I'm hoping it gets released before I make my first trip next September. The trailer looks great

axelrod 10-24-2017 06:15 AM

Just messaged them on facebook, we will see if they respond.

laverwater 10-24-2017 10:08 AM

:lol what a joke. This was supposed to be released a while ago. Completely forgot about it.

Saw some drones flying over the venue the last two years and wondered if maybe it was them.

uctbcats21 10-25-2017 10:01 AM

I thought they had already conducted interviews with various bands, assuming this must be a financial hold up?

axelrod 10-25-2017 10:29 AM

They messaged back on Facebook, not too much to offer. See below:

TUE 2:15PM

We're still working on it. We will know more soon.
Thanks for checking in.

Thanks for the quick response!
Do you expect it to be out in 2018?

TUE 4:04PM

Yes, expecting it to be! Will keep you posted

TUE 5:07PM

Great!

Whiteyxc514 01-19-2018 07:47 AM

What ever happened with this film? The trailer from a couple years ago looked so awesome.