Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

SmoothG 06-01-2021 09:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Not cool.

Antiramie 06-01-2021 09:26 PM

Two ugly ass wins. I'll take em.

Lcsulla 06-02-2021 09:11 PM

Wow, thinking DOPS might be reviewing that hit on Evans by Scheifele - I do not believe he intended to hit him that hard but he was backchecking at full speed to protect the empty net and when Evans tried the wraparound he literally got run over by Scheifele who had time to brace himself and make it look like a check at the same time. Hope Evans is OK, that was scary.

coldengrey12 06-02-2021 10:20 PM

Mikko Rantanen with the power play OT game winner for the Avs :D

BotheLaneFan 06-03-2021 12:19 AM

That also went poorly, but I think we can still pull this out.

unccrombie 06-03-2021 05:34 AM

Candiens on a journey of destiny.

jmkratt 06-03-2021 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17964167)
Mikko Rantanen with the power play OT game winner for the Avs :D

Hell yeah!

Go Avs!

I’m tired this morning lol

swordo84 06-03-2021 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17964140)
Wow, thinking DOPS might be reviewing that hit on Evans by Scheifele - I do not believe he intended to hit him that hard but he was backchecking at full speed to protect the empty net and when Evans tried the wraparound he literally got run over by Scheifele who had time to brace himself and make it look like a check at the same time. Hope Evans is OK, that was scary.

Oh, I'd say he absolutely meant to hit him that hard. The only intent on a dickhead play like that is to injure.

coldengrey12 06-03-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheLaneFan (Post 17964172)
That also went poorly, but I think we can still pull this out.

Game one was a goner, but game two could have very easily broke Vegas’ way

Roose13 06-03-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17964140)

I don't think I'm overreacting here, but he should be done for the playoffs. Fuck that shit. That was an intent to injure or to at least hit harder than what's part of the game.

Antiramie 06-03-2021 11:19 AM

He has a remote hearing for the hit, which means max 5 games. I bet he gets 2-3. Montreal gonna have to take care of this shit themselves. DoPS is a fucking joke.

drakan 06-03-2021 11:34 AM

That was a brutal hit is he ok?

jmkratt 06-03-2021 12:38 PM

Yeah no effort whatsoever to play the puck.

jmkratt 06-03-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17964342)
Game one was a goner, but game two could have very easily broke Vegas’ way

Vegas has to take 4 of the next 5 games. Still don’t understand that strategy with Fleury game 1 but as an Avs fan I like it :)

TypicalBilly14 06-03-2021 01:41 PM

Go Bruins!!!!!!! :bounce:multi:bounce:thumbsup

coldengrey12 06-03-2021 03:08 PM

If Scheifele gets five games but Kadri gets eight, that’s bullshit

Not saying Kadri doesn’t deserve to sit out for his hit

TypicalBilly14 06-03-2021 07:46 PM

Bruins!!!!!!!:bounce:thumbsup:multi:thumbsup

jcc522 06-03-2021 08:04 PM

Aight [emoji1688]

Lcsulla 06-03-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17964248)
Oh, I'd say he absolutely meant to hit him that hard. The only intent on a dickhead play like that is to injure.

Yeah, I was able to finally view this today from multiple angles and in slow motion thanks to my nhl.tv account and it was a dickhead play, he had plenty of time to swerve or not go directly into his head like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17964407)
I don't think I'm overreacting here, but he should be done for the playoffs. Fuck that shit. That was an intent to injure or to at least hit harder than what's part of the game.

It was a jerk play and he deserves the suspension, there was just no need for it Schiefle clearly saw he was not going to get there in time to prevent the goal being scored so he just crushed Evans after he potted it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17964474)
That was a brutal hit is he ok?

From what I saw he did not need to be taken to a hospital, he stayed with the teams medical staff for a while and was taken to the hotel. He is in concussion protocol obviously but he is with his teammates where he belongs even if he is out long term.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17964686)
If Scheifele gets five games but Kadri gets eight, that’s bullshit

Not saying Kadri doesn’t deserve to sit out for his hit

I think the fact that kadri has done that in multiple postseasons factored into his suspension, Shiefle doesn't have any priors to the best of my knowledge.

Kudos to Nick Ehlers on the Jets, he realized how serious that his was and went over and placed himself between the scrum and Evans so no one fell on him. That is a class act and why I love hockey, the guy is about to lose game one, he sees an opponent get absolutely drilled lying helpless on the ice and he never even bothers to try and get in on that scrum, all he did was protect Evans! Also the ref was great too, not even bothering to try and break up the scrum either he was right there with Ehlers protecting Evans.

Lcsulla 06-04-2021 08:48 PM

Impressed by the Habs, didn't think they had much chance against Toronto and they came back from that 3 games to 1 deficit to win the series and have now won 2 straight on the road in Winnipeg - 5 straight wins after going down 3-1 is amazing. In those 5 games they have never trailed. They are not the flashiest or most skilled team but they are playing damn smart hockey in their own end with even the wings helping out to give the defenders an outlet to get the puck out of the zone, they are capitalizing on opportunities, they are winning 50/50 pucks, clearing the puck out of the high danger areas, not giving up many odd man rushes, winning board battles, etc, etc - all while Price is doing his Superman impression behind them. If they win this that grit and hard work may not overcome the depth and skill of CO or VG but if they do advance and keep playing as well as they are it will be a more interesting series than most would think based on pure stats because they are peaking at the perfect time and have a bunch of momentum plus they could theoretically wrap this one up before Schiefle gets back from his suspension. Hoping they pull this off, this team is growing on me!

coldengrey12 06-04-2021 09:55 PM

Two goals in 45 seconds for a come-from-behind W in the 3rd

Hats off to you, Vegas

Not going down without a fight

BotheLaneFan 06-04-2021 10:58 PM

That went better.

Lcsulla 06-04-2021 11:16 PM

Not sure Vegas can beat the Avs, Vegas has more depth but that can dry up productionwise in the postseason when put up against an extremely solidly built like CO with so many weapons on O, a solid D and some damn fine goaltending. Avs in 6.

TypicalBilly14 06-05-2021 06:52 AM

Go Bruins!!!!!!! :bounce:multi:bounce:thumbsup

mthawk07 06-05-2021 02:39 PM

This Bolts-Canes game is out of control. :lol

jcc522 06-05-2021 03:52 PM

Well, I’m not happy.

Antiramie 06-05-2021 08:32 PM

Bolts are lucky the Canes can't stop taking penalties.

That 2nd period was fucking bananas.

1 more.

jmkratt 06-06-2021 08:18 PM

Avs have been completely out played the last 8 periods. If they don’t step it up they’re toast.

BotheLaneFan 06-06-2021 08:19 PM

Well that went better.

Antiramie 06-06-2021 08:41 PM

I don't know why so many people were sleeping on Vegas. They basically had the same record as Colorado.