Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

JRS1386 01-10-2017 08:35 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16681791)
Isn't the point of being a clothing company to, ya know, sell clothing?

Maybe they aren't selling well?

barbogast 01-10-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

This is what I was thinking too but John might be right. I wouldn't think alternates would have a problem selling but what do I know.

jrkarger 01-10-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16681748)
And yeah, no 3rds is really dumb. I wonder why. Seems they only stand to lose from a decision like that.

Quote:

One article I read said that not having alternates makes the "new sweater implementation" easier.

Whatever that means

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16681792)
Maybe they aren't selling well?

Could be

JRS1386 01-10-2017 08:40 AM

I am reading an article by Puck Daddy right now and it said something about to make the implementation of the new Adidads jerseys easier since this will be the first year Adidas is doing NHL jerseys. Also, don't know if it has been ruled in or out but the jerseys may have the three stripes under the arm pits like the World Cup of Hockey jerseys

Quote:

Multiple sources tell the Star Tribune that all NHL teams will be permitted to have only home and road jerseys next season as Adidas takes over for Reebok as the official outfitter of NHL uniforms. There will be no third jerseys, in order to make the initial implementation of new sweaters easier.
Edit: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/adidas-...152149551.html

barbogast 01-10-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16681797)
One article I read said that not having alternates makes the "new sweater implementation" easier.

Whatever that means

I would assume it means Reebok is introducing a new sweater design next season, though I wasn't aware of that

Edit: ^ ohhhh yeah I did know about Adidas taking over actually. Now it makes sense.

barbogast 01-10-2017 08:43 AM

Regardless of why, this is crazy disappointing. The Caps home alternate makes me extra erect.

TMoore4075 01-10-2017 08:43 AM

Crazy busy at work so I'll just say hockey!

JRS1386 01-10-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16681802)
Regardless of why, this is crazy disappointing. The Caps home alternate makes me extra erect.

Some teams need to drop one of their jerseys for their alternates

barbogast 01-10-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16681808)
Some teams need to drop one of their jerseys for their alternates

Agreed. Mine in particular.

In fact if I had my way they'd drop both their current sweaters and use the white and red throwbacks as the regular. They're so nice.

hailtopitt 01-10-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16679832)
Just saw the McCabe hit. Damn.

The immediate jumping of a man who delivered a clean hit continues to be disappointing. Glad the refs only penalized the Jets player.

agreed. it's akin to a fist fight happening in the NFL every time a linebacker wrapped up and text-book tackled someone

so dumb

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16679966)
I wonder if helmets could be reasonably engineered to better protect from those back of the head ice impacts?

i'm not a scientist but i know all the helmet does it protect the skull. there's no protecting the brain in that instance no matter the helmet you have

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16681252)
Adidas said they aren't allowing third jerseys next year... wtf?

i guarantee that'll change

lockman21 01-10-2017 09:20 AM

Everyone relax, it's probably just for one year. Some teams are even doing full jersey overhauls (I've heard the Devils are for sure, I'm sure there's more). I'm sure this is no small project, and every company only has so many resources to handle things like this. Between jersey design, marketing, materials, manufacturing, etc.

I'm sure they'll be back for the 2018-19 season.

BeyondKnight 01-10-2017 09:23 AM

Is there any way that this leads to the current Reebok jerseys going on clearance at the end of the season? Because that wouldn't suck.

lockman21 01-10-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16681834)
Is there any way that this leads to the current Reebok jerseys going on clearance at the end of the season? Because that wouldn't suck.

I'm would guess some of the worse selling jerseys will. I'd assume most places are planning their inventory accordingly. It's not like this is a surprise to anyone, but some places probably will end up with excess inventory.

I'm not thinking it'll be a large scale dumping of jerseys. Good example was when the NFL switched from Reebok to Nike. There were some to be found here and there, but nothing really crazy.

barbogast 01-10-2017 09:33 AM

The article I just read did state that alternates will be back for 2018-19. Still sucks balls though.

Brohan_Santana 01-10-2017 09:40 AM

Wayne Simmonds and Mike Smith are all stars :lol :lol :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hailtopitt 01-10-2017 09:40 AM

almost as bad as John Scott being one

Roose13 01-10-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16681863)
Wayne Simmonds and Mike Smith are all stars :lol :lol :lol

You're kidding right? Like, this has to just be a troll job from someone who doesn't honestly know shit about hockey, right?

TMoore4075 01-10-2017 10:11 AM

I had to look up his stats. He's on pace for like 34 goals. Also each teams needs to have a rep and I wonder if guys say no behind the scenes to not have some of the issues we've had before. Fucking Frans Nielsen for the Wings? He's on pace for about 16 goals. They probably wanted Zetterberg and he said no. Mantha would actually ok. On pace for 30 goals and it wouldn't even be in 82 games since he started off in Grand Rapids.

hailtopitt 01-10-2017 10:13 AM

here we go...

Brohan_Santana 01-10-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16681916)
You're kidding right? Like, this has to just be a troll job from someone who doesn't honestly know shit about hockey, right?

Simmonds has been better than Voracek????

I get the Hall/Flyers/Faulk participation picks, but sucks Atkinson who has arguable been the best player on the best team in the league get snubbed. Hell Fat Phil deserved it more than those 3

hailtopitt 01-10-2017 10:25 AM

this why the ASG is a joke and completely meaningless

TMoore4075 01-10-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16681938)
Simmonds has been better than Voracek????

I get the Hall/Flyers/Faulk participation picks, but sucks Atkinson who has arguable been the best player on the best team in the league get snubbed. Hell Fat Phil deserved it more than those 3

As I said, players were probably saying behind the scenes "I don't want to go." The NHL will never admit it but it's better to do that than have a player say publicly that they aren't going or don't want to go.

Roose13 01-10-2017 10:41 AM

Simmonds doesn't deserve it over Voracek, regardless of what is said behind the scenes, but to insinuate Simmonds doesn't deserve it is just flat out stupid.

barbogast 01-10-2017 11:08 AM

I don't like the every team must be included nonsense, and that was further exacerbated when we split into 4 all star teams. Does the Atlantic or the Pacific deserve as many reps as the Metro or Central? It's dumb.

TMoore4075 01-10-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16681990)
I don't like the every team must be included nonsense, and that was further exacerbated when we split into 4 all star teams. Does the Atlantic or the Pacific deserve as many reps as the Metro or Central? It's dumb.

Nice use of exacerbated. The only time I think you need to make sure a team gets a guy on the team is the host team. Even if they are fucking terrible ie the Leafs or Sabres from the last few years, you need to have a hometown rep.I mean I don't give a fuck about the game anyways whether the Wings have a rep or not.

Again, game is lame big time but it's not going anywhere sadly.

dmbetc 01-10-2017 11:24 AM

lol no kopitar

barbogast 01-10-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16682011)
Nice use of exacerbated. The only time I think you need to make sure a team gets a guy on the team is the host team. Even if they are fucking terrible ie the Leafs or Sabres from the last few years, you need to have a hometown rep.I mean I don't give a fuck about the game anyways whether the Wings have a rep or not.

Again, game is lame big time but it's not going anywhere sadly.

Agreed, the host needs their biggest star there. Other than that, if you suck too much, sorry.

lockman21 01-10-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16681941)
this why the ASG is a joke and completely meaningless

lol oh boy...look out neighborhood kids, the crazy old man is coming out to yell at you to get off his lawn!

hailtopitt 01-10-2017 11:57 AM

call me crazy all you want but i'm not old, not fucking yet

barbogast 01-10-2017 12:21 PM

The 3 on 3 helped a lot last year