Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

hailtopitt 05-13-2016 09:05 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16414450)
Honestly, as much as I cannot stand teams from PA the Caps didn't deserve to win. They ran into a buzz saw in Murray, they got outskated, their D fell flat, they failed to gain any momentum and the completely blew a golden opportunity to even up that series when both Letang and Maatta were out in game 4.

yup :thumbsup that was their shot

TheLastPig 05-13-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16414471)
Same thing happened to us last year RE premier parking. Don't do it IMO unless you have PIT tix and need to line up early.

Yeah, there is a lot off of the Valley gate. It's great. But for the last several years we've been lined up when the lots open and they wouldn't let us park there. Seems like they've started to save that lot for later overflow.

Where do you recommend parking then?

Been doing blossom for years and still cant figure out the best formula.

Lcsulla 05-13-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16414512)

I have never been to Blossom but perhaps what I use in Hartford or other places may be helpful. I generally just book a hotel or motel room that is within reasonable walking distance to the venue. Even if it is only for one show it is usually worth it just for convenience and the fact that you generally have a bar and restaurant at the hotel, plus plenty of DMB fans to have fun with after the show. Not sure if there is a hotel/motel that close to Blossom but if there is it might be a good option.

hailtopitt 05-13-2016 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16414642)
I have never been to Blossom but perhaps what I use in Hartford or other places may be helpful. I generally just book a hotel or motel room that is within reasonable walking distance to the venue. Even if it is only for one show it is usually worth it just for convenience and the fact that you generally have a bar and restaurant at the hotel, plus plenty of DMB fans to have fun with after the show. Not sure if there is a hotel/motel that close to Blossom but if there is it might be a good option.

theres nothing withing walking distance to my knowledge

venue is in the middle of a state park

TMoore4075 05-13-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16414642)

Yeah closest one, per google, is 4 miles away.

Lcsulla 05-13-2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16414648)
theres nothing withing walking distance to my knowledge

venue is in the middle of a state park

Damn, you are right that place is really in the middle of fucking nowhere! Closest hotel is 3.5 miles away. That suck, I have no issue walking a couple of miles to get TO the show but lugging my lazy ass back three and a half miles after the show would be tough.

Dramageek 05-13-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16414665)
Damn, you are right that place is really in the middle of fucking nowhere! Closest hotel is 3.5 miles away. That suck, I have no issue walking a couple of miles to get TO the show but lugging my lazy ass back three and a half miles after the show would be tough.

Yeah, even the parking lot feels like it is a mile or two away.

Despite that, it's a really nice venue. Well worth the trip. Wish I could make it this year.

jrkarger 05-13-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16414512)

Honestly, just book it back to your car after the last song. I've had years being first in line at the Valley gate and showing up about 1.5 hours after lots open (actually that seems to be the best time to get the magical valley gate lot).

The longest I've ever sat in the grass lots is about 20 min (disclaimer: that's not counting premier. Premier last year took us close to an hour).

The best is if you can get the magical lot right next to the Valley gate.

Lcsulla 05-13-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16414674)
Yeah, even the parking lot feels like it is a mile or two away.

Despite that, it's a really nice venue. Well worth the trip. Wish I could make it this year.

Sounds a lot like SPAC (a venue I highly doubt I will ever visit again) - you have to park like a mile away, then walk through the woods, over some wooden bridge that is packed but so skinny it only holds about 4 people side by side and then getting in the gate is another layer of hassle. I won't even get started on their damn beer jail. :lol

TheLastPig 05-13-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16414752)
Sounds a lot like SPAC (a venue I highly doubt I will ever visit again) - you have to park like a mile away, then walk through the woods, over some wooden bridge that is packed but so skinny it only holds about 4 people side by side and then getting in the gate is another layer of hassle. I won't even get started on their damn beer jail. :lol

Making my first spac trip this year. I heard about beer jail, apparently that is no longer a thing though.

What kind of moron ever thought that was a good idea? :lol

barbogast 05-13-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16414461)
Hedman was some sort of Brad Pitt lookalike thing

Thonton was "most likely to be a puppeteer at a public library."

:lol yes that's it

Fallon usually does a great job with those. I like him a lot though, he and Kimmel are the only late night guys worth watching imo

barbogast 05-13-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16414482)
Really looking forward to the game tonight. Game 1's haven't exactly been the Bolts strong suit so far but maybe being on the road for this one will have them a little more focused.

Stralman, Stamkos, and JT Brown all participated in the optional morning skate wearing regular jerseys, first practice without a red one for Stammer, but they won't be playing tonight. Hopefully they can make an appearance at some point this round, Stralman's probably the most likely, but all Cooper's been putting out is "when they're back they're back, you'll see them out there".

I will only actively root for your team if you promise you'll stick around after the playoffs. If you plan to disappear I will continue to not care and hope both teams find a way to fail

jrkarger 05-13-2016 11:52 AM

What was the beer jail?

barbogast 05-13-2016 11:54 AM

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/b...twitter-troll/

:lol :lol

#jackets

TheLastPig 05-13-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16414805)
What was the beer jail?

Apparently for awhile at spac if you bought a beer you could only consume it in this fenced off area. Couldnt take them back to your seats.

Lcsulla 05-13-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16414782)
Making my first spac trip this year. I heard about beer jail, apparently that is no longer a thing though.

What kind of moron ever thought that was a good idea? :lol

Yeah, it was pretty bad. No idea what they were thinking, probably some molly hatchet type person who hated booze set that disaster up! I recall thinking -'This is bad, the least they could do is have a damn TV to show the stage in here instead of treating us like second class citizens for wanting a drink at a damn concert!' Glad they got rid of that moronic idea. Last time I was there we had lounge passes so no need for a beer jail - we got to drink all the free booze we wanted and smoke cigarettes and cigars without anyone busting our balls. Hope you have a blast!

TheLastPig 05-13-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16414809)

Jackets twitter is far better than the Jackets hockey team. :lol

Lcsulla 05-13-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16414814)
Apparently for awhile at spac if you bought a beer you could only consume it in this fenced off area. Couldnt take them back to your seats.

Yeah, it was outside the venue and you were in about 50 square feet of fenced in area to have a beer and you could not take any drink out of there. It was extremely annoying. Nice to know they dumped it though!

jrkarger 05-13-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16414814)

Sounds awful

trd1610 05-13-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16414799)
I will only actively root for your team if you promise you'll stick around after the playoffs. If you plan to disappear I will continue to not care and hope both teams find a way to fail

Hahaha I will stick around after the playoffs this year. I promise. I watch basically every Lightning game, I don't just pick up the fandom in the playoffs, I've just started to become more active on the boards recently.

Roose13 05-13-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16414809)

It would have been hilarious if Tampa RTed a tweet of Jackets going "Game day!" and then go "oh wait."

barbogast 05-13-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16414829)
Hahaha I will stick around after the playoffs this year. I promise. I watch basically every Lightning game, I don't just pick up the fandom in the playoffs, I've just started to become more active on the boards recently.

:thumbsup good to have you on board

Go Bolts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16414830)
It would have been hilarious if Tampa RTed a tweet of Jackets going "Game day!" and then go "oh wait."

:lol damn what a missed opportunity

aeroshady 05-13-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16414752)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16414827)
Yeah, it was outside the venue and you were in about 50 square feet of fenced in area to have a beer and you could not take any drink out of there. It was extremely annoying. Nice to know they dumped it though!

There is parking close at SPAC, you just need to know where to find it. I personally love the venue there. I find it to be the prettiest venue on the east cost. I love that bridge too. Really beautiful walk, it just sucks after the show ends.

As to the beer jail, Saratoga has very strict drinking laws as it is a dry county, or at least was the last time I was there. They only had permits to sell in specific areas.

Lcsulla 05-13-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16414866)
There is parking close at SPAC, you just need to know where to find it. I personally love the venue there. I find it to be the prettiest venue on the east cost. I love that bridge too. Really beautiful walk, it just sucks after the show ends.

As to the beer jail, Saratoga has very strict drinking laws as it is a dry county, or at least was the last time I was there. They only had permits to sell in specific areas.

Yeah, I am sure there was closer parking that we were not aware of. Yeah, the bridge was nice but frustrating after the show. In addition to the annoyance of that beer jail that whole one road in and one road out made getting there and leaving there much more of a PITA than it had to be. I never do get those archaic blue laws about dry counties, I mean seriously - this is the US, not Saudi Arabia!!!!

Dramageek 05-13-2016 03:54 PM

I believe there was a discussion about cheesesteaks earlier in this thread. To that end, I found this amusing:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/...-pennsylvania/

trd1610 05-13-2016 04:52 PM

Lightning changing it up and going 12F/6D, JT Brown back in on the 4th line. 11/7 worked so well for us last year in the playoffs and to this point, it'll be interesting to see how having the extra forward changes things, if at all in a meaningful way.

trd1610 05-13-2016 05:16 PM

Drouin is phenomenal. Hell of a save by Murray

trd1610 05-13-2016 05:18 PM

Yikes, unnecessary there from Callahan. I hope Letang is okay

dmbetc 05-13-2016 05:20 PM

Those hits keep on coming.

aeroshady 05-13-2016 05:20 PM

Horrible it. He should get a game or two for that.