Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 03-02-2016 10:18 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

divisional playoffs are only cool when your team is winning them.

~Crashintome89~ 03-02-2016 10:19 AM

ask how much the wild love divisional playoffs.

fonzz41 03-02-2016 10:21 AM

I'd really rather not talk about the Wild right now. Thanks though.

TMoore4075 03-02-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16321808)
pretty sure it has to be that way because what if both WC teams are from the same division?

Yep it was to make it more rivalary-ish with the divisions but didn't want a situation where the Canucks are in and the Wild are out (today anyways).
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16321824)
the other division winner is not necessarily the conferences 2nd best team.

Rangers are ahead of the Panthers ;)

I'm all for seeding 1-8, get rid of divisions.

Rangers are ahead but both would have home ice in the old format too.

They won't get rid of divisions. They want to force some rivalries. That's why the first few years out of the lockout you'd play teams in your division 8 fricking times a year. It was so awesome in 2005 for the Wings to play the Jackets, Hawks, Preds and Blues....Sorry rant over.
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16321819)
Yeah true. I guess I was getting at having a wild card for each division even if they have less points than a non- playoff team for the other division.

I just like the idea of not seeing the other division until the ECF or WCF.

I do too but it won't happen because of so many teams. Even when we get to 32 teams I don't think they'll do it. The last season they had the full division setup only 7 teams missed the playoffs so it wasn't quite as big of a deal.

lockman21 03-02-2016 10:25 AM

I'm always amazed at how good Sweden's defense is.

lockman21 03-02-2016 10:38 AM

Jamie, perfect little quick read for you - http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7...hursday-boston

fonzz41 03-02-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16321870)
I'm always amazed at how good Sweden's defense is.

Surprised not to see Klingberg, but really can't argue with the selections.

barbogast 03-02-2016 10:45 AM

Personally I think too many teams make the playoffs. Just not sure of a better alternative. I'm not into bye rounds and 8 seems like too few. I know we'll get to 32 teams soon but the fact that you can currently finish in the bottom 50% of the league and still qualify for postseason play is kind of ridiculous.

unccrombie 03-02-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16321930)
Personally I think too many teams make the playoffs. Just not sure of a better alternative. I'm not into bye rounds and 8 seems like too few. I know we'll get to 32 teams soon but the fact that you can currently finish in the bottom 50% of the league and still qualify for postseason play is kind of ridiculous.

welcome to the NBA

barbogast 03-02-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16321946)
welcome to the NBA

Everything the nba does is ridiculous

TMoore4075 03-02-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16321930)

Come on lets be honest. You just want fewer teams so the Caps have a higher percentage chance of advancing.

Lcsulla 03-02-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16321911)
Jamie, perfect little quick read for you - http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7...hursday-boston

Thanks, great article, gonna be interesting when Hossa comes back this weekend too, another 2 way forward is a big gain down the stretch!

Nice to see Dallas took another dump last night, that is 4 losses in a row now. Central is getting very interesting with Chicago, Dallas and St. Louis all sitting on 83 points though Chicago has one more came to play than the Stars and 2 more to play that the Blues. Gonna be a dogfight until the end. Gotta get in in gear and smack Detroit down tonight and then go to beat Boston tomorrow to put some distance between the 3 top teams in the division.

barbogast 03-02-2016 11:11 AM

Fascinating.

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/vid...pregame-3-2-16

barbogast 03-02-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16321958)
Come on lets be honest. You just want fewer teams so the Caps have a higher percentage chance of advancing.

:lol

I mean....couldn't hurt ;)

Lcsulla 03-02-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16321667)
How is any of this ironic in any way with regards to a rivalry between Eichel and McDavid?

2 high end rookies with huge upsides (and not dickheads like Drouin) battling it out for bragging rights so to speak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16321667)
Good lord. Thank you. Every post is Kane, Toews, Panaric, Keith, Seabrook blah blah blah Hawks are so much better than everyone else don't you wish you could be a Hawks fan too

Do I detect some envy in this because the Hawks have won 3 cups in 5 years and are again the team to beat this year? :)

PS - it is spelled Panarin, not Panaric. :p

barbogast 03-02-2016 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16322019)
2 high end rookies with huge upsides (and not dickheads like Drouin) battling it out for bragging rights so to speak.

Do I detect some envy in this because the Hawks have won 3 cups in 5 years and are again the team to beat this year? :)

PS - it is spelled Panarin, not Panaric. :p

Still not seeing the irony.

And no, not envious at all.

Typos. Damn them.

aeroshady 03-02-2016 11:33 AM

I am the only who thinks if their team does not make the finals I would kind of be rooting for a Panthers v Ave's rematch in the finals?

dmbetc 03-02-2016 11:34 AM

If Kings and Rangers don't make it I'm going Panthers all the way.

TMoore4075 03-02-2016 11:38 AM

I'd have to see who makes it and who advances to see if there is a team i'd root for. Just looking at them right now, I don't see one.

fonzz41 03-02-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16322061)
I am the only who thinks if their team does not make the finals I would kind of be rooting for a Panthers v Ave's rematch in the finals?

You're definitely not the only one.

That was one of the greatest Cup Finals in the history of the NHL.

Lcsulla 03-02-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16322029)
Typos. Damn them.

Don't sweat it, I have worked for a software company for nearly ten years and another 2 as an IT trouble shooter at a headhunter company (mainly database stuff and helping the older people) yet still manage between 15 and 20 typos a minute! :lol

Edit: Damn typos!!!!!

UCFish 03-02-2016 12:03 PM

I will actively root against the Kings if the Hawks don't win it all.

TMoore4075 03-02-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16322079)
You're definitely not the only one.

That was one of the greatest Cup Finals in the history of the NHL.

Yeah I liked the games that the Panthers won......

fonzz41 03-02-2016 12:09 PM

When my team is out (as is almost always the case), I start looking at players who I'd like to see get a Cup rather than certain teams. As goofy as Luongo is, I'd like to see him get one. Would be cool for Jagr to get another too, just as a nice bookend for his career (if he doesn't keep playing until he's 50). So I guess I'd probably go for the Cats.

As long as it's not the Hawks. I will almost always cheer against the Hawks. Not because I don't like them, but just because I'd like to see some variety.

~Crashintome89~ 03-02-2016 12:09 PM

If Flyers are out, or don't make the playoffs, I'm fully supporting Chicago and Florida. Maybe Dallas.

~Crashintome89~ 03-02-2016 12:10 PM

just say no to the kings, rangers, and pens.

TMoore4075 03-02-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16322137)
As long as it's not the Hawks. I will almost always cheer against the Hawks. Not because I don't like them, but just because I'd like to see some variety.

I'm with you on that. I want to see different teams win it. Probably would go against the Ducks though cause I hate Perry. It sucks cause I love Bruce and would love him to win one, just wish it wasn't with the Ducks.

~Crashintome89~ 03-02-2016 12:15 PM

I'd like to see the Red Wings win one again.

Lcsulla 03-02-2016 12:21 PM

Quick question about your mindsets. If you teams gets knocked out of the playoffs do you cheer for the team that beat them figuring that if they beat your team you don't want anyone else to beat the team you lost to? Or if a team knocks your team our of the playoffs do you cheer against any team that the team who beat yours plays. Personally if someone beats the Hawks I hope they get crushed by the next team (or teams) they face but I am curious how you all think about this, I know we all love hockey but different people think different so I'd love to hear your opinions on this question.

unccrombie 03-02-2016 12:27 PM

I have a personally vendetta against Tyler Johnson and the Lightning for last year
so, no