Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

fonzz41 06-03-2015 06:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Way to hustle, Versteeg.

Tiduwho 06-03-2015 06:46 PM

How is being tripped and pushed into the goalie, goalie interference?

trd1610 06-03-2015 06:47 PM

Yeah that was a questionable call to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fonzz41 06-03-2015 06:58 PM

Unfortunately any time the ref sees a guy go into a goalie, he'll make that call. Don't often see the shove. Too bad, especially after such a hustle play by Versteeg.

And damn, I'll say it again: I love everything about Brian Boyle.

dmbetc 06-03-2015 06:59 PM

Stamkos came to play tonight

salrx95 06-03-2015 07:44 PM

Wow. Got home in time for the 3rd. Hawks are making it happen.

DMBZeppelin 06-03-2015 07:52 PM

Hawks will not be denied!

UCFish 06-03-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15991586)
Bickell scratched. :lol

I mean he dead....

He played 1 shift in the second and third period of game 7

DMBZeppelin 06-03-2015 07:53 PM

Also someone needs to ask Q if he plans to sit Teuvo and Vermette again.

UCFish 06-03-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 15992266)

:lol:lol:lol

Happy to get the win.

Still think that goal by Kilhorn was just unbelievable....not even mad just impressed.

fonzz41 06-03-2015 07:56 PM

One thing that I don't think Q gets a ton of credit for is his ability to react and adapt to other teams. TB came out strong and kicking and it set Chicago back on its heels for a bit. But Q keeps it calm, makes some adjustments, switches some lines, and voila, the Hawks are back in it after half a period.

I mean, tons of credit to the team and its player leaders, but Q's ability to adapt is admirable.

Jsc6545 06-03-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gripes81 (Post 15991913)
Always seems like Chicago gets beat up by whom ever they're playing

Yes, and then they win

JRS1386 06-03-2015 07:57 PM

Hawks in 5 if they take Game 2, really hoping for an extended series, not ready for hockey to be done with

DMBZeppelin 06-03-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 15992287)
Still think that goal by Kilhorn was just unbelievable....not even mad just impressed.

Start Darling!!!!!

Bron Yr Aur 06-03-2015 08:01 PM

Well, that was pretty interesting. Not nearly as exciting as most predicted though. I feel like the Hawks brought their B- game and the Lightning just gave them this game. TB was just in full control of this game through 2 periods and then just decided to stop playing.

UCFish 06-03-2015 08:38 PM

Game was real boring....

But a good end result

bartender_man 06-03-2015 08:44 PM

Hawks so clutch

UCFish 06-03-2015 08:45 PM

Why is JR not on the primary commentary?

bonzo48280 06-03-2015 08:51 PM

Hawks in 5. I'm being generous.

lockman21 06-03-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 15992266)

Q would probably argue that their benching was the kick in the ass they needed.

I'm not saying I fully agree, but it seemed to have that effect. They've been so much better since that benching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15992290)
One thing that I don't think Q gets a ton of credit for is his ability to react and adapt to other teams. TB came out strong and kicking and it set Chicago back on its heels for a bit. But Q keeps it calm, makes some adjustments, switches some lines, and voila, the Hawks are back in it after half a period.

I mean, tons of credit to the team and its player leaders, but Q's ability to adapt is admirable.

100%. It's been the Hawks M.O. for a long time. First period is usually "lost", and they are much better as the game goes on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15992321)
Well, that was pretty interesting. Not nearly as exciting as most predicted though. I feel like the Hawks brought their B- game and the Lightning just gave them this game. TB was just in full control of this game through 2 periods and then just decided to stop playing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 15992507)
Game was real boring....

But a good end result

I felt this way the whole series, but this is gonna be one where the first couple games the teams are just feeling each other out. Games 3 and 4 should be really, really fast.

gripes81 06-04-2015 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsc6545 (Post 15992295)
Yes, and then they win

Hahaha true

unccrombie 06-04-2015 05:27 AM

hawks in 4 still on pace

hailtopitt 06-04-2015 05:44 AM

classic hawks last night...terrible call on the Versteeg interference

not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but MVP of game 1 for me is Crawford

gives up an early one then SHUTS THE DOOR...against a good offense, mind you

hawks played a championship level game last night, and they earned that result...if they go back to chi-town up 2-0, forget about it

Rebecca De Mornay 06-04-2015 06:12 AM

agree about crawford being the MVP.

two great stops on Stamkos and the Callahan breakaway right before they tying goal come to mind.

that has to sting for the lightning.
you can't play not to lose. if the puck is in your zone for long periods of time it's going to find its way into the net eventually.

hailtopitt 06-04-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15992980)
agree about crawford being the MVP.

two great stops on Stamkos and the Callahan breakaway right before they tying goal come to mind.

that has to sting for the lightning.
you can't play not to lose. if the puck is in your zone for long periods of time it's going to find its way into the net eventually.

agreed...u think it was a case of the Hawks just being flat out better for a full 60 minutes? or do you think the stage of the Finals may have been a bit too big for an inexperienced Lightning team?

edit: it was almost like they didn't know what to do with a 3rd period lead in a game that big

unccrombie 06-04-2015 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15993017)
agreed...u think it was a case of the Hawks just being flat out better for a full 60 minutes? or do you think the stage of the Finals may have been a bit too big for an inexperienced Lightning team?

edit: it was almost like they didn't know what to do with a 3rd period lead in a game that big

sure as shit looked fine vs the rangers in game 7.
TB will bounce back.

trd1610 06-04-2015 06:32 AM

Quote:

I think the experience thing is just a big cliche. The Lightning have had games like this all playoffs. It's really quite frustrating as a fan, they just went into protect mode from mid way through the second on. The players and coach said as much after the game.

It's not like Chicago dominated this game, idk why people are acting like this is about to be a sweep. It was a good close hockey game and both goalies played pretty lights out. There's no reason they can't bounce back and win Saturday. I expect it to be tied up coming back for Game 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebecca De Mornay 06-04-2015 06:35 AM

Quote:

no.. quite the opposite in fact.
i thought tampa was the better team most of the game and just quit in the 3rd. i think i heard that callahan breakaway was the first SOG they had in the 3rd period. that's terrible.

hailtopitt 06-04-2015 06:36 AM

i never said they wouldn't bounce back

and the reason why experience is a cliche is because it holds water

Chicago looked locked in, and un-phased by the situation, even when they were trailing

Tampa looked tentative for the entire 2nd half of the game

hailtopitt 06-04-2015 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15993051)
no.. quite the opposite in fact.
i thought tampa was the better team most of the game and just quit in the 3rd. i think i heard that callahan breakaway was the first SOG they had in the 3rd period. that's terrible.

yea that is pretty awful.

overall it was quite a boring game though. i think it was a "feeling each other out" type of game

i predict a more free flowing game in game 2. too much talent on the ice