Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 03-31-2015 11:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

And the biggest surprise about the Habs in 2010 wasn't that they beat the Caps but that they looked done down 3-1 and THEN beat the Caps.

TMoore4075 03-31-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15890861)
Speaking of trade value, for the second half of the season, ROR has done a huge favor for Joe Sakic with his play. Really upped that value, and will probably help a few GMs forget about some of his contract squabbles. Hell, watching him the past couple months, I've almost gone on record for wanting to keep him and trade Duchene instead. ROR is just such a valuable player all over the ice. Always gives 110%.

We need his value to be as high as ever to land that 1-2 d-man the Avs really need. Looking for someone who's more defensively minded, but offense is always helpful. My wish list of guys the Avs could possibly target and who I like based on their overall skillset and what it could bring to the Avs.

Mark Giordano
Brent Seabrook
Niklas Kronwall (I know, I know, Tim, fat chance. But might as well ask!)
Marc Staal
Dan Girardi
Keith Yandle
Dan Hamhuis
ME Vlasic
....maaaaaaybe Phaneuf. I'm partially convinced he would play better in a different environment.

These are guys who I think they perhaps stand a chance of prying away from their current club (even if it's a small chance), so I won't even try for someone like Doughty, OEL, or Weber.

First 4 on that list won't happen. Girardi and Yandle are interesting. Rangers will eventually need to do something so am curious as to what they will do. We know Dion is available and the way Zidlicky has fit in nicely here, I'd assume the Wings will try to re-sign him which would basically mean that nothing will come from the talk that happened at the deadline. You can have Kindl cause i'm sure he's available.

lockman21 03-31-2015 11:07 AM

To address the dumbo Sharp post:

1) Do you REALLY believe a 2x Stanley Cup winning, 4x 30 goal scoring, 4x 60+ point producing (once 78) defensively responsible alternate captain of the Chicago Blackhawks (possibly the most respected organization in the league currently) wouldn't fetch ANYTHING on the trade market? This is a guy that has 4 goals and 4 assists in his last 9, and was a forward on (arguably) the most talented forward group ever compiled on one team in the 2014 Canadian hockey team. Not only would he command a return, but he'd command a RATHER LARGE return.

2) The Hawks will make a lot of moves before they move Sharp. Bickell? Gone, he sucks. Shaw? See ya. Oduya? Not resigning. etc. etc. etc. I don't think he's a sure thing next year, but he certainly has a chance to stick around.

3) This is a guy that was skating in the UC when there were 5,000 fans in the seats, and has worn the A for 7 years now. Him leaving would be the saddest departure in Chicago in the last decade. He's been a phenomenal Hawk, and it's really depressing to see people drag his name through the mud with no evidence and really talk about him like they can't wait until he's gone. <3 I love Sharpie <3

lockman21 03-31-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15890861)
Speaking of trade value, for the second half of the season, ROR has done a huge favor for Joe Sakic with his play. Really upped that value, and will probably help a few GMs forget about some of his contract squabbles. Hell, watching him the past couple months, I've almost gone on record for wanting to keep him and trade Duchene instead. ROR is just such a valuable player all over the ice. Always gives 110%.

We need his value to be as high as ever to land that 1-2 d-man the Avs really need. Looking for someone who's more defensively minded, but offense is always helpful. My wish list of guys the Avs could possibly target and who I like based on their overall skillset and what it could bring to the Avs.

Mark Giordano
Brent Seabrook
Niklas Kronwall (I know, I know, Tim, fat chance. But might as well ask!)
Marc Staal
Dan Girardi
Keith Yandle
Dan Hamhuis
ME Vlasic
....maaaaaaybe Phaneuf. I'm partially convinced he would play better in a different environment.

These are guys who I think they perhaps stand a chance of prying away from their current club (even if it's a small chance), so I won't even try for someone like Doughty, OEL, or Weber.

Seabrook has been fan-freakin-tastic lately. Like, really fantastic.

Also, Kimmo had a little setback. I know you were asking about him earlier, so just to update ya...he started showing signs of rust/age for a couple games. I think that maybe adrenaline helped at first, and now that whole "getting your legs back under you" thing kicked in. He looked better yesterday, but so did all the Hawks. I hope he gets a point here in the next week to kind of get his confidence up to where it should be.

dmbetc 03-31-2015 11:16 AM

If Kings make it in the playoffs, I'll change my avatar to whatever you guys decide for 3 months.

If Kings make it in the playoffs and past round 1, I will buy a jersey you guys choose and take a photo with it.

If Kings win the playoffs I will send each of you a personalized signed puck from 3 time Stanley Cup champion captain Dustin Brown.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-31-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15890920)
If Kings make it in the playoffs, I'll change my avatar to whatever you guys decide for 3 months.

If Kings make it in the playoffs and past round 1, I will buy a jersey you guys choose and take a photo with it.

If Kings win the playoffs I will send each of you a personalized signed puck from 3 time Stanley Cup champion captain Dustin Brown.

ok, well here is the jersey you'll be purchasing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2010907...FdcYgQodgzUATQ

~Crashintome89~ 03-31-2015 11:20 AM

Sarah, the third thing should be Dustin joining ants and having an ama in this thread.

~Crashintome89~ 03-31-2015 11:21 AM

Timonen also pulled his groin his first game with the blackhawks too. It doesn't matter how well he does on the ice right now, I'm betting he provides some steady leadership in the locker room.

fonzz41 03-31-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15890886)
First 4 on that list won't happen. Girardi and Yandle are interesting. Rangers will eventually need to do something so am curious as to what they will do. We know Dion is available and the way Zidlicky has fit in nicely here, I'd assume the Wings will try to re-sign him which would basically mean that nothing will come from the talk that happened at the deadline. You can have Kindl cause i'm sure he's available.

I'm not interested in who's "available", I'm interested in making a wish list of guys that fit the bill of what the Avs need and who they could possibly work out a deal for with ROR as the principal piece. With the emergence of Calgary's other d-men in the wake of Gio's injury, coupled with their previous interest in ROR, I think that's a deal that could be made. Long shot, but sure.

Kronwall and Seabrook are the biggest long shots, IMO, just because of their importance to the their organization. Especially Kronwall.

The Rangers seem like the most likely trading partner. They've got three guys the Avs could ask about (assuming MacDonagh is off the table), and they've already expressed interest in ROR. Girardi often gets overshadowed by MacD, Staal, and now Yandle, but that guy is one HELLUVA defenseman and I would absolutely LOVE him playing in Colorado. He's everything they need right now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15890900)
Seabrook has been fan-freakin-tastic lately. Like, really fantastic.

Also, Kimmo had a little setback. I know you were asking about him earlier, so just to update ya...he started showing signs of rust/age for a couple games. I think that maybe adrenaline helped at first, and now that whole "getting your legs back under you" thing kicked in. He looked better yesterday, but so did all the Hawks. I hope he gets a point here in the next week to kind of get his confidence up to where it should be.

YES. I've watched Seabrook a couple times over the past weeks and was SO impressed with his all-around play. There's a lot more bite to his game. Like Girardi, he's everything the Avs need right now.

Can't say the Kimmo stuff is unexpected. Hopefully he'll settle into his role and perform well there. Would love to see him get a final crack at a Cup, as much as I'd love for the Cup to go to someone that's not the Hawks or Kings for once. ;)

dmbetc 03-31-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15890925)
ok, well here is the jersey you'll be purchasing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2010907...FdcYgQodgzUATQ

:lol ok ok, obviously a standard priced jersey. No more than $200

fonzz41 03-31-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

I fully support this.

dmbetc 03-31-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15890929)
Sarah, the third thing should be Dustin joining ants and having an ama in this thread.

This may be doable.

TMoore4075 03-31-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15890954)
I fully support this.

Well I want the Kings to win the Cup now. lol

unccrombie 03-31-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

:lol

the fix is in

pathetic 03-31-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

can you get me a rick nash signed puck instead?

lockman21 03-31-2015 11:40 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADAM-FOOTE-C...item4862216c6d

The jersey Sarah will be buying.

TMoore4075 03-31-2015 11:42 AM

Was looking for a Bertuzzi Ducks jersey but nothing...

fonzz41 03-31-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15890996)

I love you so much.

Yes. This one.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-31-2015 11:44 AM

nice article on the jackets season:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...for-the-future

Bron Yr Aur 03-31-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15890854)
Jimmy Howard is better than Crawford.

Not really.

Bron Yr Aur 03-31-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15890891)
To address the dumbo Sharp post:

1) Do you REALLY believe a 2x Stanley Cup winning, 4x 30 goal scoring, 4x 60+ point producing (once 78) defensively responsible alternate captain of the Chicago Blackhawks (possibly the most respected organization in the league currently) wouldn't fetch ANYTHING on the trade market? This is a guy that has 4 goals and 4 assists in his last 9, and was a forward on (arguably) the most talented forward group ever compiled on one team in the 2014 Canadian hockey team. Not only would he command a return, but he'd command a RATHER LARGE return.

2) The Hawks will make a lot of moves before they move Sharp. Bickell? Gone, he sucks. Shaw? See ya. Oduya? Not resigning. etc. etc. etc. I don't think he's a sure thing next year, but he certainly has a chance to stick around.

3) This is a guy that was skating in the UC when there were 5,000 fans in the seats, and has worn the A for 7 years now. Him leaving would be the saddest departure in Chicago in the last decade. He's been a phenomenal Hawk, and it's really depressing to see people drag his name through the mud with no evidence and really talk about him like they can't wait until he's gone. <3 I love Sharpie <3

Obviously I love Sharp too but Sharp's cap hit is a lot more than any of the guys you mentioned and even if UCFish doesn't realize it he is still a player with a lot of good hockey in him and actually has some value to other teams. Unfortunately, Bickell is just an awful hockey player. It's going to be very difficult to clear Bickell off the team without taking on a bad contract in return.

Sharp is hard to replace but if the question is re-signing a young Saad vs. keeping an aging Sharp the decision is pretty obvious.

~Crashintome89~ 03-31-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15891014)
Sharp is hard to replace but if the question is re-signing a young Saad vs. keeping an aging Sharp the decision is pretty obvious.

the answer is trade both to the Flyers for Vincent Lecavalier so he can hook up with his sweet buddy Brad Richards and make magic again.

lockman21 03-31-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15891014)
Obviously I love Sharp too but Sharp's cap hit is a lot more than any of the guys you mentioned and even if UCFish doesn't realize it he is still a player with a lot of good hockey in him and actually has some value to other teams. Unfortunately, Bickell is just an awful hockey player. It's going to be very difficult to clear Bickell off the team without taking on a bad contract in return.

You can clear enough cap room for Saad without moving Sharp or Seabrook.

fonzz41 03-31-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15891115)
You can clear enough cap room for Saad without moving Sharp or Seabrook.

ORRRR you could take on just a teensy bit more by replacing Seabrook's salary with O'Reilly's, amirite?

lockman21 03-31-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15891132)
ORRRR you could take on just a teensy bit more by replacing Seabrook's salary with O'Reilly's, amirite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxSI1QsIo8g

lockman21 03-31-2015 01:59 PM

Holy hell, go Panthers tonight!

socopithy 03-31-2015 02:09 PM

If my Islanders can put the Penguins down, I think they've got the final 5.

Should take Flyers, Blue Jackets and Sabres easy.
#GoIsles

TMoore4075 03-31-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15891206)
Holy hell, go Panthers tonight!

I am also saying this. Keep the Bruins at bay and if the Wings win that's even better.

lockman21 03-31-2015 02:24 PM

I want the Panthers in the playoffs so bad.

pathetic 03-31-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15891233)
I want the Panthers in the playoffs so bad.

they definitely need a regulation win tonight against bruins. if not, it'll be tough to jump Ottawa and boston