Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 03-12-2015 12:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15864520)
:lol:lol

Sounds like what the Yankees pay ARod.

lol. I remember back in 2011 there was a website where you could type in your salary and it would tell you how long it would take you to make what A-Rod was gonna make. Mine was a long time...

socopithy 03-12-2015 01:21 PM

BOYCHUK!!!

So glad he's sticking around. :D

salrx95 03-12-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15864667)
BOYCHUK!!!

So glad he's sticking around. :D

Hell yeah. The top 3 D are now signed for a long time with young studs on the way.Defense used to be a weakness. No more.

socopithy 03-12-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15864697)
Hell yeah. The top 3 D are now signed for a long time with young studs on the way.Defense used to be a weakness. No more.

I'm more excited about the Isles than my Metsies :lol

So pumped.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-12-2015 07:35 PM

Take that timmy!

Jackets have really played the wings tough past few seasons.

They're like 9-2-1 against them since 2011

pathetic 03-12-2015 08:37 PM

:lol:lol that boychuck contract.

dmbetc 03-12-2015 11:50 PM

:lol:lol http://imgur.com/ZgcPjZx

hailtopitt 03-13-2015 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 15865261)
:lol:lol that boychuck contract.

Isles will be ok as long as the salary cap grows a good amount over the next year or 2

if it doesn't....well, it's bad

salrx95 03-13-2015 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15865521)
Isles will be ok as long as the salary cap grows a good amount over the next year or 2

Yes. We will be fine. We have 4 young studs, 2 on d and 2 likely top 6 forwards on the way, who will be cheap. The kid line of Lee, Strome and Nelson are still cheap. Visnovsky will be gone next year. JT will get a raise soon but I am not worried.

I would rather seen Boychuk get less money and years but if you don't think he was getting close to that on the open market, you are kidding yourself.

hailtopitt 03-13-2015 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15865534)
Yes. We will be fine. We have 4 young studs, 2 on d and 2 likely top 6 forwards on the way, who will be cheap. The kid line of Lee, Strome and Nelson are still cheap. Visnovsky will be gone next year. JT will get a raise soon but I am not worried.

I would rather seen Boychuk get less money and years but if you don't think he was getting close to that on the open market, you are kidding yourself.

i agree he would've gotten something close to that on the open market BUT that doesn't necessarily mean a team like the Isles (a contender on the upswing) should pay him that.

but, it could work out. the Isles better stay healthy though or they may run into cap problems down the road

TMoore4075 03-13-2015 05:10 AM

At this rate, Wings are easily done in round 1. Played better in terms of giving up shots last night (kept it under 30) but a couple mistakes lead to goals.

aeroshady 03-13-2015 05:53 AM

The Preds are a sinking ship from the looks of it. I have been reading a lot of posts from fans of the team that are claiming the trades made have changed the dynamic in the locker room in a bad way. Will be interesting to see if they can correct ship before the playoffs. The way they are playing now I don't see them getting out of the first round.

TMoore4075 03-13-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15865594)
The Preds are a sinking ship from the looks of it. I have been reading a lot of posts from fans of the team that are claiming the trades made have changed the dynamic in the locker room in a bad way. Will be interesting to see if they can correct ship before the playoffs. The way they are playing now I don't see them getting out of the first round.

Sometimes shit just happens. I mean Wings have struggled a little bit since the deadline but I think they are just sturggling. Zidlicky has been putting up points and while Cole hasn't scored a goal, he's got some assists and it's not like they were taking high producing guys out of the lineup. And to the Preds, their descent started before the deadline.

salrx95 03-13-2015 06:13 AM

Rinne lost his Hart nominee last few weeks. It can go to Tavares now.

salrx95 03-13-2015 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15865538)
i agree he would've gotten something close to that on the open market BUT that doesn't necessarily mean a team like the Isles (a contender on the upswing) should pay him that.

but, it could work out. the Isles better stay healthy though or they may run into cap problems down the road

Maybe down the road if the young talent, especially the 4 studs a year or 2 away, all pan out and current kids continue their rise but the biggest difference in the team this year besides Halak was the Boychuk and Leddy acquisitions. It was clear they needed to be kept or we take a step back.

aeroshady 03-13-2015 11:48 AM

Agree with the last two posts. Nashville's decline takes him out of the race.

Also, NYI took a huge step forward by getting Boychuk. If you are the Isles, you want to make sure you have that piece in place for a while. They are on the up swing now...but they have not won anything yet. As good as they have been this season, we all know that when a team has not been in the post season for a while it is common for them to go out early (or at least come up short). Not saying that is a forgone conclusion, but to me NYI are a serious cup contender next year after getting some playoff experience as a team this year. So letting Boychuck go to free agency would have been a mistake for them.

cry_minarets458 03-13-2015 12:19 PM

Pens have some sweet patty's jerseys this year...all names translated to Gaelic. Nice touch. Will def be trying to win an auction for one.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...it-fb-penguins

hailtopitt 03-13-2015 12:22 PM

i don't get why they can't wear them for the actual game

i'll be there, nice and hammered

salrx95 03-13-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15866395)
Agree with the last two posts. Nashville's decline takes him out of the race.

Also, NYI took a huge step forward by getting Boychuk. If you are the Isles, you want to make sure you have that piece in place for a while. They are on the up swing now...but they have not won anything yet. As good as they have been this season, we all know that when a team has not been in the post season for a while it is common for them to go out early (or at least come up short). Not saying that is a forgone conclusion, but to me NYI are a serious cup contender next year after getting some playoff experience as a team this year. So letting Boychuck go to free agency would have been a mistake for them.

We were in the postseason 2 years ago and would have won that series vs the Penguins if we had better goaltending. Agree with your premise about why Boychuk was needed back.

hailtopitt 03-13-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15866478)
We were in the postseason 2 years ago and would have won that series vs the Penguins if we had better goaltending. Agree with your premise about why Boychuk was needed back.

you needed more than that....but i digress

cry_minarets458 03-13-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15866476)

I got Scuderi's from last year...it's quite a piece from the Piece

Probably because there's stricter regulations in the NHL? They're only allowed to have 3 jerseys.

AHL pens say fuck that all the time...they wear special jerseys like 4-5 times throughout the year (breast cancer, salute to the troops, police/fire, st pattys, xmas)....but that's the AHL, and who really gives a crap about the rules there :lol

aeroshady 03-13-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15866478)

I remember. My point was that the team will need more than a 1st round visit every once in a while to gain Cup contention playoff experience.

aeroshady 03-13-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15866476)

I will also be at the game in NJ. Dislike both teams...so that should be fun.

pathetic 03-13-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15865521)

I wish the bruins had him back, but he's not a 6mil player. Isle overpaid

fonzz41 03-13-2015 12:54 PM

The Boychuk signing was a great one. He's been a great fit on the team and will probably end up being close to worth what they paid.

"Worth", IMO, really depends on a certain player's situation on a certain team. Boychuk may not have been a $6 mil/year player on the Bruins back when he was a bit buried behind guys like Chara and Seidenberg. But in NYI, he's really grown into a #1 guy who can play in any situation and can continue to develop into more of a leader. He's now an anchor and one of those "foundational pieces" that I'm always harping about that every team needs. Great signing.

fonzz41 03-13-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15865623)

Yeah, I think Rinne will still be in contention for the Vezina (and he should), but probably not Hart. That can should go to Price or Tavares.

And since Price should win the Vezina, I say spread the love around and give the Hart to JT.

mr.MikeD 03-13-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15863357)
Congrats bud!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15863753)
Congrats bud. Sounds about right with the pick too. They need more offensively skilled guys up front. lol Although, this (unlike, Nail) would be the easiest pick if they got #1.

Thanks guys. Looking forward it.

fonzz41 03-13-2015 01:19 PM

Hey Mike, I meant to congratulate you earlier in the week too. Congratulations on the awesome news. Brick by brick, we're slowly building the next generation of NHL Thread members.

lockman21 03-13-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15865623)

Yup. I think it's JT and Price at this point. I, honestly, never thought Rinne was a Hart winner anyway. I thought it was 88 until he went down with his injury.

That shouldn't take away from the incredible season Rinne has had, though. I still think he's a Vezina finalist.

pathetic 03-13-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15866559)
The Boychuk signing was a great one. He's been a great fit on the team and will probably end up being close to worth what they paid.

"Worth", IMO, really depends on a certain player's situation on a certain team. Boychuk may not have been a $6 mil/year player on the Bruins back when he was a bit buried behind guys like Chara and Seidenberg. But in NYI, he's really grown into a #1 guy who can play in any situation and can continue to develop into more of a leader. He's now an anchor and one of those "foundational pieces" that I'm always harping about that every team needs. Great signing.

I don't doubt he's been a great addition to the team, but he's 31. He's not a 6mil per year player and he's in his prime. 3-4 years from now this contract is going to be ugly. #1 guy? he's a #3 defenseman at best. more like a #4