Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 02-17-2015 10:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15827775)
I can hear Zilla now proclaiming we should have never fired Lavy

Should have never fired Terry Murray....

Bron Yr Aur 02-17-2015 10:18 AM

Isles and Preds look to be legit teams for a while right now. These are definitely teams that remind me of the Hawks & Bruins 5-6 years ago. Young talent and a puck possession style of hockey will take you pretty far.

Remember when the Caps traded away Forsberg for Martin Erat? Poor Caps fans.

barbogast 02-17-2015 10:30 AM

Not sure why you'd bring that up other than to be a dick, but thanks. We remember

Rebecca De Mornay 02-17-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15827778)
Only time I've ever seen the Caps play on the road was at MSG, it was a blast. I expect you'll love it

Except that damn Rangers goal song. Fuck that song

i doubt ill be hearing the rangers goal song :lol:rolleyes

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15827846)
Not sure why you'd bring that up other than to be a dick, but thanks. We remember

well he is a dick, so ya.

JRS1386 02-17-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15827779)
Should have never fired Terry Murray....

Whatever happen to that Bernie Parent guy we had in net? We should have kept him

fonzz41 02-17-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15827846)

:lol:lol:lol

So - how's the home life going with the new addition? Sleeping?

JRS1386 02-17-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15827815)
Isles and Preds look to be legit teams for a while right now. These are definitely teams that remind me of the Hawks & Bruins 5-6 years ago. Young talent and a puck possession style of hockey will take you pretty far.

Remember when the Caps traded away Forsberg for Martin Erat? Poor Caps fans.

Remember when you were a dick? Poor Hawks fans

Roose13 02-17-2015 10:36 AM

Bron Yr Aur and Brohan would make the best of friends.

aeroshady 02-17-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15827778)
Only time I've ever seen the Caps play on the road was at MSG, it was a blast. I expect you'll love it

Except that damn Rangers goal song. Fuck that song

Best goal song in hockey. Guess you got to hear it a lot when you visited MSG?? :lol

barbogast 02-17-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15827851)

The time I went I had to sit through that god awful song 5 times. Seriously, fuck. That. Song.

Of course I saw the Caps put 6 past Hank, so all good :thumbsup

aeroshady 02-17-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15827851)

well he is a dick, so ya.

Sorry, but the Rangers only choose to not score at games I attend. I will not be there, so be ready for the song a few times haha

barbogast 02-17-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15827868)
:lol:lol:lol

So - how's the home life going with the new addition? Sleeping?

It's been awesome man. Sleep's been hit or miss, last night was a big ol miss. Barely got two hours. One thing I've learned about having a daughter, putting together matching outfits and accessorizing fucking rocks

aeroshady 02-17-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15827900)
The time I went I had to sit through that god awful song 5 times. Seriously, fuck. That. Song.

Of course I saw the Caps put 6 past Hank, so all good :thumbsup

Man, the last time I went to a caps game the Rangers we just getting ready to send them out of the playoffs....good times :thumbsup;)

barbogast 02-17-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15827914)
Man, the last time I went to a caps game the Rangers we just getting ready to send them out of the playoffs....good times :thumbsup;)

:lol :lol

Dick

aeroshady 02-17-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15827919)
:lol :lol

Dick

:D Could not help myself.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to the playoffs! Can't come soon enough at this point! Hope the Rangers finish as strong as they have been playing! To win the division would be great, but I am more concerned with what they do in the second season. Glory in the post season far exceeds awards for regular season play.

bradshaw06 02-17-2015 10:55 AM

East is pretty much set, though i have a feeling the flyers slip in

TMoore4075 02-17-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15827909)
It's been awesome man. Sleep's been hit or miss, last night was a big ol miss. Barely got two hours. One thing I've learned about having a daughter, putting together matching outfits and accessorizing fucking rocks

I remember the first night longer than like 2.5 hours straight, I woke up after about 3 and checked to see if he was breathing.

Can do it with boys too. Put a Red Wings onesie on him with overalls over it. He rocked it.

TMoore4075 02-17-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15827955)

Who would slip out then? haha sorry. Boston? Can't imagine them making up enough ground to overtake the Caps who are 12 ahead right now.

JRS1386 02-17-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15827955)

If the Flyers slip in past the Bruins there would be so many pink hats in the gutter

bradshaw06 02-17-2015 11:05 AM

Yeah it'd have to be boston. May not be too likely, but Philly is only 6 out and were 12 out a week ago. Theyre hot right now and boston is a little cold.

bradshaw06 02-17-2015 11:10 AM

Theres obviously a lot of factors at play, including mason and kimmo coming back and playing at the level they can and the 1st line playing like they did early in the season. But they do have a shot.

barbogast 02-17-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15827961)
I remember the first night longer than like 2.5 hours straight, I woke up after about 3 and checked to see if he was breathing.

Can do it with boys too. Put a Red Wings onesie on him with overalls over it. He rocked it.

Yeah, I definitely wake up more than she does just to make sure she's still breathing. Which of course she is, but as you know every moment you can't have your eye directly on them is the scariest moment ever. My dog has done very well with her, which is a huge relief because he's rambunctious. But he's like her guardian now. As soon as she starts crying he starts panicking like, guys?!?!?! Do something?!?!?! It's adorable

TMoore4075 02-17-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15828019)
Yeah, I definitely wake up more than she does just to make sure she's still breathing. Which of course she is, but as you know every moment you can't have your eye directly on them is the scariest moment ever. My dog has done very well with her, which is a huge relief because he's rambunctious. But he's like her guardian now. As soon as she starts crying he starts panicking like, guys?!?!?! Do something?!?!?! It's adorable

That's awesome about the dog. My sister's dog was/is crazy but when they had their first, the dog was totally cool with it. My cat, hated Griffin as soon as he came in the door and still does.

~Crashintome89~ 02-17-2015 12:39 PM

:lol :lol :lol

cats are awesome.

Also, would love the Flyers to make the playoffs this year.

TheLastPig 02-17-2015 12:58 PM

Can't believe none of you are mentioning Florida. The Panthers are 2 points behind Boston. Could be a team that makes a big splash trade...... Kessel?

~Crashintome89~ 02-17-2015 01:07 PM

wait, I'm just kidding. I can't root for the Flyers because if they don't win the Stanley Cup then they are just a complete failure, thanks Paul Holmgren.

barbogast 02-17-2015 01:19 PM

:lol Florida (seriously, though, Lastpig is kinda right...lookout)

fonzz41 02-17-2015 01:28 PM

Wait, you mean Tampa Bay, right?

I kid.

Florida has remained under-the-radar in making some really solid drafting decisions, with Aaron Ekblad being at the very top of the list. But Bjugstad, Barkov, Huberdeau, and Gudbrandson are all great young players coming up through the Florida system. Also, I may be in the minority in thinking this, but Luongo was a great acquisition.

They're headed in the right direction. Still need to shed some of that veteran dead weight, but they're getting there.

EDIT: Just looked at FLA's roster. Add Mitchell to the list of solid acquisitions, and Kulikov to promising young players. They're quietly assembling a really solid roster.

fonzz41 02-17-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15827909)

:lol glad to hear you've got a good attitude about it. The sleep will come, hang in there. Such a cool time.

TMoore4075 02-17-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 15828334)
Can't believe none of you are mentioning Florida. The Panthers are 2 points behind Boston. Could be a team that makes a big splash trade...... Kessel?

4 points out and are 4-4-2 in their last 10. They are there, but they need to put a streak together. For the Leafs to trade Kessel in the division, I'd think it would cost a lot, which FLA probably won't give up the other way either. Just my thoughts.