Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   R.I.P. Leroi Moore. (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229381)

guitarplayer554 08-19-2008 08:12 PM

Re: R.I.P. Leroi Moore.

You will be missed! I hope I can meet you later on down the road.

Meesh23 08-19-2008 08:12 PM

R.I.P. Roi
You will be missed....

guitarplayer554 08-19-2008 08:14 PM

You'll be missed LeRoi! Keep playing that sax where ever you are!

Dramageek 08-19-2008 08:19 PM

I'm simply stunned right now. I can't put it into words. I just listened to the Lillywhite Bartender and sobbed.

"And if I go
before I'm old
O brother of mine
please don't forget me
if I go.

Bartender please
fill my glass for me
with the wine you gave Jesus
that set him free
after three days in the ground."

You'll never be forgotten Roi. Thank you for all of the joy you've given us all. Rest in Peace. Thoughts and prayers with your "families." Much love all around.

warehouse999 08-19-2008 08:20 PM

Rest in Peace Leroi and thanks for the endless sounds and memories. My thoughts and prayers are with the band and his family.

dreamingtree_34 08-19-2008 08:25 PM

life will never be the same. roi has touched so many people through his passionate sax playing and unbelievable talent. i feel sick to my stomach. because ive listened to and seen roi play so much i feel as though ive lost someone extremely close to me. thank god we all got to see this amazing man play and may his beautiful jazzy soul rest in peace.

morg0052 08-19-2008 08:25 PM

R.I.P leroi moore, you are an amazing person and will never be remembered. God bless you and your family. We lost a family member tonight and it hurts so bad.

voiceofreason 08-19-2008 08:25 PM

All fall down
It won't be so long now
Out of the darkness comes light like a flash
You think you can, you think you can
Sometimes that is the problem
Dream little darling, dream
Spinning on the wind
The leaf fell from the limb
But everyday should be a good day to die
Oh, all fall down
It won't be too long now
Every fire dies

I love you Leroi. Thank you for everything. Rest in peace.

rhymenreason88 08-19-2008 08:27 PM

I've never had a death affect me this way aside from friends and family. My thoughts go out to his family, band mates, fans, and those beautiful saxes.

Rest In Peace Roi!

rhymenreason88 08-19-2008 08:28 PM

I've never had a death affect me this way aside from friends and family. My thoughts go out to his family, band mates, fans, and those beautiful saxes.

Rest In Peace Roi!

Character Zer0 08-19-2008 08:29 PM

We all thought we saw everything there was to see about this band, but we were taking by shock here, and were robbed of a phenomenal human being. An absolute fantastic musician, a soothing saxophonist, a class act, and above all a fucking great person.

This band has changed my life, we've been through our ups and downs, but no matter what happened, I loved this band. I loved everything there is to love about them, down to their personalities, their style, their character, just about everything I liked. LeRoi was my favorite member of this fantastic band, which says a lot. The way he went about his buisness, encouraged the band, and delivered great music year after year after year, it just made me happy. And to see it all vanish so quickly, it's sad. So sad that I'm tearing up has I type this, yelling at my computer screen asking myself why LeRoi had to go?

I can't say enough about LeRoi, he touched all of our lives. Not only as a musician, but as a person. He's a role model to everyone, and to see him go this early, it just sickens me that we still have criminals roaming the streets, while Roi is gone. Really, it makes me want to vomit. So let's all take a moment and realize, we not only lost a member of the band, we lost a friend. And while we may never have met the guy in our lives, we can all agree that he was a fucking amazing person, all around.

Here's to LeRoi, your family, your music, and everything you've done for us. It's truely something special. You're off to a better place Roi.

R.I.P LeRoi Moore

jayman414 08-19-2008 08:30 PM

LeRoi you will be missed forever. Thank you for all the great memories you have provided us all with over the years. I am truly upset and deeply saddened. Best wishes out to DMB and the Moore Family

Point202 08-19-2008 08:32 PM

I am so saddened by the news - I am a writer by profession, yet I feel like there is absolutely nothing I can write that will capture the grief I am feeling right now. I can only think to send out a big collective "hug" to the DMB community. LeRoi Moore has been a part of all of us. His passing will affect us all profoundly. May he rest in peace.

crashmpm 08-19-2008 08:34 PM

I'm still shocked to hear the news. You will be missed Leroi. I plan on listening to nothing but his sax solo's for the next few days. Prayers go out to his family and friends.

You will be missed by all.

bigeyefish22 08-19-2008 08:34 PM

no fucking way

rhymenreason88 08-19-2008 08:35 PM

Rest In Peace Roi!

douglaskg41 08-19-2008 08:37 PM

Tears finally came when Bartender popped up...

dmbhoosier21 08-19-2008 08:40 PM

I can't believe what I read when I logged on. This sucks.

RIP LeRoi.

What a sad day.

rhymenreason88 08-19-2008 08:48 PM

Rest In Peace Roi!

brendangen412 08-19-2008 08:59 PM

this has been a crazy day. i'll miss you roi.

In the dark sunglasses, with that shiny thing in his hands, his name is LeRoi.

SomeDevil27 08-19-2008 09:00 PM

The only band member I've ever met. Definitely one of the nicest and most humble people I've ever shaken hands with. I am so unbelievably shocked right now. LeRoi I love you and I will miss you so much. Rest in peace brother.

steveb272 08-19-2008 09:03 PM

I've only been a hardcore fan of the band for two and a half years, but in those two and a half years the music of the band has touched me in ways that music simply had not before. I am totally at a loss and shattered right now. I haven't had a death in the family in seven years, and this feeling right now is just about on par with that.

You will be sorely missed, Roi. Your music has moved me countless times in the past, and will continue to move me in totally different ways now that you are gone.

scrock25 08-19-2008 09:04 PM

My goodness this is sad, right before I was going to bed down for the night.

R.I.P. Roi - We all love you, and will all miss you....horribly.

iPond317 08-19-2008 09:05 PM

I will deeply miss LeRoi. He brought an amazing sound to the band and I can't believe he is gone. I am beyond shocked... it's time to pop in some DMB and try to sleep this awful news off.

Goodbye, Roi. We will all miss you! :-(

steveb272 08-19-2008 09:06 PM

I've only been following the band for 2 and a half years, but in that short time their music has moved me in ways I had never been moved before. I just do not think that I can be moved in the same way again without the big guy around.

Rest in peace, Roi. Your music has meant so much to me and countless others and can never be replicated. The music community lost an outstanding member much too soon today.

snh1376 08-19-2008 09:06 PM

I am in shock....utter shock. I can't even think of the words to describe the way I feel right now.

RIP Leroi, you will be missed.

thestone023 08-19-2008 09:09 PM

Holy Fuck... Life sucks at times. For us, for his friends, and for his family. My heart is with everyone right now.

The first and hopefully last time I'll ever say this. it is a dark day to be a Dave Matthews Band fan

thecurtain191 08-19-2008 09:11 PM

My heart goes out to the DMB family and to Roi's family and friends...he truly was the best and will be greatly missed.

I loved nothing more than to just watch and listen to Roi as he played...unbelievably saddening.

::puts in LBV from Gorge 02::

Evans 08-19-2008 09:13 PM

Leroi playing "A Sweet Goodnight". Try not to cry....

http://www.pdg.net/Leroi-03-17-93.mp3

Devilspawn 08-19-2008 09:14 PM

R.I.P Roi...

you will be deeply missed...

:(