Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Album Coming in One Week! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354555)

bibby1044 09-30-2022 08:17 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 18274372)
I think so. Someone said they heard them rehearsing Monkey Man and Running Down A Dream. So they were either telling the truth or lied about just Monkey Man. Maybe it's possible they misheard.

I remember Jake expecting monkey man to debut years back so sounds right.

ToydBinsley 10-01-2022 12:26 AM

Does anyone remember when lillywhite posted a clip of Diggin a Ditch and then wrote that they were working on new tunes for the upcoming album? He said they had a tune called Golden Monkey.. I don’t remember if that was his error or just a working title.. Hopefully someone from 2000 era remembers it…. kKJ, BIF, and MM were all named by us too

dmbongreyst 10-01-2022 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToydBinsley (Post 18274380)
Does anyone remember when lillywhite posted a clip of Diggin a Ditch and then wrote that they were working on new tunes for the upcoming album? He said they had a tune called Golden Monkey.. I don’t remember if that was his error or just a working title.. Hopefully someone from 2000 era remembers it…. kKJ, BIF, and MM were all named by us too

It was an email sent out from the official site

Ccrules2791 10-01-2022 06:14 AM

One frustrating thing about Dave (and I guess their record company) is just how needlessly vague they are about album related stuff. I guess it's because they don't want to disappoint the fans. But they're opaque to the point of absurdity...

I'm also a pretty massive Coldplay fan. And the way the band handles new albums is far better. They'll make it clear when they're on one project and note if they're planning new music/in the studio. Not necessarily give a timeline (and Chris Martin has been known to say one thing and double back), but at least some indication of if something is in the works or not even on the horizon.

Different band/touring structures, so I don't want to be too harsh. But it would be nice if the record company even said something like: "new music coming in 2023" so we wouldn't have to wait around looking at random instagram captions or looking for new updates from a fall tour if there's really nothing on the way.

NightShadow577 10-01-2022 06:42 AM

hey, so this might be a stupid question, but I don’t really care. do we have a confirmation on what songs are going to be on this album they are working on, or is it still speculation?

DMBCardinal 10-01-2022 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightShadow577 (Post 18274416)
hey, so this might be a stupid question, but I don’t really care. do we have a confirmation on what songs are going to be on this album they are working on, or is it still speculation?

All speculation. We assume WATM, Madman, and The Only Thing are going to be on it. Other than that I think it's all speculation. We know Break Free was worked on recently, but as we know a song being worked on doesn't mean it will be on the album.

NewOrleans 10-01-2022 08:39 AM

Bottom 5 for me:

Mercy
Hunger for the Great Light
Out of my hands
You and Me
Something to tell my baby

NewOrleans 10-01-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cross the ice (Post 18274223)
Even unfinished and rough, the outro music and especially lyrics to Monkey Man are in my top 5 Dave lyrics.

“Take a walk
cross the ice
melts too quickly
for us to reach the other side

It's cold in here
but the sun shines bright, oh
and warms this up that
oh, the tide is rising higher

Look, it's strange
floating by
looks just like [?] they
flow out and ride, well, I will

Golden age
these golden times
our golden days
seem to have us hypnotized or blind, well”

These lyrics are awful.

DMBCardinal 10-01-2022 09:58 AM

I don't care one way or another for the lyrics, but I love the way they are sung. That is what matters to me.

great_divide_4 10-01-2022 10:16 AM

I just want to hear Break For It with this lineup

DMBCardinal 10-01-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_divide_4 (Post 18274470)

It really did sound great this year.

Jollymonkey 10-01-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOrleans (Post 18274451)
These lyrics are awful.

Far from awful

TSTJL40 10-01-2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOrleans (Post 18274451)
These lyrics are awful.

I mean it’s definitely not no “That Girl is You” 🙄

stirna 10-01-2022 02:44 PM

I think the reason why the band keeps album related stuff under wraps is because of the Napster Lillywhite sessions incident in 2000 which I remember staring at my big old computer screen to this day.

But it’s been 22 years and close to 23 years now since the Napster fiasco so let’s move on .

Best

Darius

Strider_BTCS 10-01-2022 02:59 PM

Never understood the Monkey Man hype. Don't ever need to hear it.

NightShadow577 10-01-2022 06:17 PM

also, another question. what are the chances we are getting songs that they have never played live on the new album. not the recently debuted songs like WATM, Madman’s, STTMB, and the only thing, but ones the public has not heard.

ToySoldier#34 10-01-2022 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightShadow577 (Post 18274559)
also, another question. what are the chances we are getting songs that they have never played live on the new album. not the recently debuted songs like WATM, Madman’s, STTMB, and the only thing, but ones the public has not heard.

Should be 100%

NightShadow577 10-01-2022 06:19 PM

Quote:

<div class="pre-quote">
Quote de <strong>NightShadow577</strong>
</div>

<div class="post-quote">
<div style="font-style:italic">hey, so this might be a stupid question, but I don’t really care. do we have a confirmation on what songs are going to be on this album they are working on, or is it still speculation?</div>
</div>All speculation. We assume WATM, Madman, and The Only Thing are going to be on it. Other than that I think it's all speculation. We know Break Free was worked on recently, but as we know a song being worked on doesn't mean it will be on the album.
and, thank you. clears stuff up for me. these forums can be a bit hard to traverse if you’re just jumping in.

NightShadow577 10-01-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

<div class="pre-quote">
</div>

<div class="post-quote">
<div style="font-style:italic">also, another question. what are the chances we are getting songs that they have never played live on the new album. not the recently debuted songs like WATM, Madman’s, STTMB, and the only thing, but ones the public has not heard.</div>
</div><br>
Should be 100%
that’s what i was hoping to hear 😄

YankeesDMB41 10-01-2022 07:39 PM

I don't know why it's controversial to say an unfinished unreleased song doesn't move the needle for me. To call it a bottom 5 song is just trolling to get a reaction though.

ThatLetter 10-01-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_divide_4 (Post 18274470)

It's my favorite song when I'm suffering insomnia. Puts me right out.

mynameismike 10-02-2022 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatLetter (Post 18274608)
It's my favorite song when I'm suffering insomnia. Puts me right out.

i think someone is running from their emotions

Gunz 10-02-2022 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameismike (Post 18274636)
i think someone is running from their emotions

Running while they can

NightShadow577 10-02-2022 07:01 AM

everyone’s been talking about their bottom 5 songs. i don’t think i have any songs i don’t like. all their stuff is great in my opinion. am i just not branched far out enough, or you guys just looking for certain things by them?

stlbluespower 10-02-2022 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightShadow577 (Post 18274662)
everyone’s been talking about their bottom 5 songs. i don’t think i have any songs i don’t like. all their stuff is great in my opinion. am i just not branched far out enough, or you guys just looking for certain things by them?

like so many things in life, the truth is somewhere in the middle between the overreactions on both sides of the aisle. Extreme negativity (on the part of some) on this site vs the extreme positivity of some in the Family. I like almost everything the band does, just some things a lot more than others. I'll take the occasional Smooth Rider or Hunger and appreciate them for the variety in the setlist.

NightShadow577 10-02-2022 07:11 AM

Quote:

<div class="pre-quote">
</div>

<div class="post-quote">
<div style="font-style:italic">everyone’s been talking about their bottom 5 songs. i don’t think i have any songs i don’t like. all their stuff is great in my opinion. am i just not branched far out enough, or you guys just looking for certain things by them?</div>
</div>like so many things in life, the truth is somewhere in the middle between the overreactions on both sides of the aisle. Extreme negativity (on the part of some) on this site vs the extreme positivity of some in the Family. I like almost everything the band does, just some things a lot more than others. I'll take the occasional Smooth Rider or Hunger and appreciate them for the variety in the setlist.
yea, that’s kind of how I am. there are certain songs I’ll pick over others for sure, but I guess I just haven’t heard something that’s absolute crap come from them like some say.

bibby1044 10-02-2022 07:51 AM

I’m convinced Brenny made alters years in advance to randomly bring out so the join date isn’t brand new. Next level trolling.

ToydBinsley 10-02-2022 09:22 AM

Dave could fart in a microphone and I would gladly pay to listen.

poshsta420 10-02-2022 10:03 AM

i just heard from my local radio.... DMB has just finished making their album out of nashville. Not sure there is any truth to this but interesting to hear considering they never play dmb on the radio here in vegas

dancheatham 10-02-2022 10:24 AM

^^ Sounds like they're just misinterpreting Jeff and Rashawn's recent Instagram posts (Rashawn said they put finishing touches on the album, and Jeff posted *from* Nashville the day after they "finished").