Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Just Got Back From The Show! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Obnoxious concert experience at Columbus (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=350322)

H_rhine47 11-28-2018 05:09 PM

Obnoxious concert experience at Columbus

Just went to the show in Columbus, I’m a younger individual so my show count is only at 12, but last night was my first indoor DMB experience. II’ll first start by saying the sound quality of the arena was awful, nothing was mixed correctly and the mics sounded muffled. I’ll go on by saying there is no need to shove and push in the merch line to get your poster when there are hundreds of them. Another things I dont know why a lot of concert goers think you have to have marijuana and/or alcohol to go to a Dave show because you really don’t. And you reeking of cannibis and being drunk and loud isn’t fun for the people around you. And I’ll finish off by saying that when you’re 200 ft away from the stage in a room full of 15,000+ people, yelling songs you want to hear doesn’t do anything. The gentleman next to me would sigh and complain at the beginning of every song because they weren’t playing his “dream set list” saying things like “this is my last show after this performance.” There’s no need to complain about setlists, this band is between 40-70 years old and has been busting their asses for the last 25+ years so they can make the set whatever they want, if you don’t like it then someone new will happily fill your shoes.

podiumboy 11-28-2018 05:18 PM

Re: Obnoxious concert experience

People are assholes, fact of life. You get 15,000 of them together, it's never going to be a perfect situation. I've learned to pretty much ignore the crowd and just focus on the music.

Yeah, for DMB especially, outdoor venues > indoor. But I had a great seat, could see everything very well, and the sound was good from my POV.

SoCalDMBLover 11-28-2018 07:25 PM

I'm sorry, but I will continue to scream "PLAY FREEBIRD!" until they do.

ExistenceNow 11-28-2018 07:31 PM

I'm going to move this over to the Just Got Back From the Show forum (but it'll stay open because it's kind of a review.)

We also have a yearly "Stupid things you've seen/heard at a show" that you may be interested in. Here's the 2018 one:

https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/s...=347082&page=7

Cheers!

Hilly 11-29-2018 07:33 AM

Re: Obnoxious concert experience at Columbus

Did you have Warehouse tickets? I find that the Warehouse sections seem to be pretty good people. For the most part. There's the occasional guy yelling for "LIBERATION!" all through Jimi Thing, but overall Warehouse people are good folk.

Steves wife 11-29-2018 05:55 PM

I agree H rhine47

parks3923 11-29-2018 05:59 PM

If you go to a concert not expecting to smell Marijuana...you're gonna have a bad time.

#41Tom 11-29-2018 06:10 PM

American shows sound awful if that's a typical experience. Not to brag, but we're a civilized bunch over here. Quiet during the songs, cheering when they're finished, and listen when Dave talks. Occasionally you'll get people shouting for songs, but that's about as bad as it gets... no weed, no urinating, not even beer - or at least very little. We go for an unadulterated listening experience ;)

DMBRoadCrew 12-03-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H_rhine47 (Post 17316818)
Just went to the show in Columbus, I’m a younger individual so my show count is only at 12, but last night was my first indoor DMB experience. II’ll first start by saying the sound quality of the arena was awful, nothing was mixed correctly and the mics sounded muffled.

H_Rhine47, where were you sitting in the arena?

-DMB Road Crew

Gray dawg 08-23-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Just went to the show in Columbus, I’m a younger individual so my show count is only at 12, but last night was my first indoor DMB experience. II’ll first start by saying the sound quality of the arena was awful, nothing was mixed correctly and the mics sounded muffled. I’ll go on by saying there is no need to shove and push in the merch line to get your poster when there are hundreds of them. Another things I dont know why a lot of concert goers think you have to have marijuana and/or alcohol to go to a Dave show because you really don’t. And you reeking of cannibis and being drunk and loud isn’t fun for the people around you. And I’ll finish off by saying that when you’re 200 ft away from the stage in a room full of 15,000+ people, yelling songs you want to hear doesn’t do anything. The gentleman next to me would sigh and complain at the beginning of every song because they weren’t playing his “dream set list” saying things like “this is my last show after this performance.” There’s no need to complain about setlists, this band is between 40-70 years old and has been busting their asses for the last 25+ years so they can make the set whatever they want, if you don’t like it then someone new will happily fill your shoes.
m

Rightttt

tyler3440 08-23-2021 09:47 PM

Weak post by op

ExistenceNow 08-23-2021 10:28 PM

Someone registered and for their first post decided to top a three year old thread in a section no one goes to and mock the OP.

Some people's alter game is sooooo weak.

Spell On Me 08-24-2021 05:43 AM

Got a chuckle out of that. Thanks Matt.

spoot388 10-07-2021 03:52 PM

the crew has/had an ants account? do we know who on the crew has the account? im guessing lawlor