Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

cry_minarets458 05-23-2017 07:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Methot is such a goon :lol

cry_minarets458 05-23-2017 08:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Anderson hell of a game. Fucking Penguins better show up Thursday

Dramageek 05-23-2017 08:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16797441)
Anderson hell of a game. Fucking Penguins better show up Thursday

They didn't exactly fail to show up tonight. They have about 45 shots and some high quality chances. Anderson just stood on his head.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 08:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
The refs have their fingerprints all over that game

And I never blame the refs for games, but that was blatantly impacted by bad and missed calls


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cry_minarets458 05-23-2017 08:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16797443)
They didn't exactly fail to show up tonight. They have about 45 shots and some high quality chances. Anderson just stood on his head.



To expand on my thought process, game 7 can really go either way. So, I'm hopeful that they fucking show up and don't shit the bed. It was a comment not related to their performance tonight particularly

Lcsulla 05-23-2017 08:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797297)
Worst goalie interference call I've ever seen

Yeah, that was a bad call IMO, looked good to me but this past few months I have decided that goalie interference is the most subjective call possible. Half the time I think it is good and am wrong and the other half I think it should be waved away and it stands. I think that Ducks/Preds game the other night had 3 called back and only one of the calls I agreed with.

Wow though, what a great game. Pittsburgh played a better game but did not cash in some chances they should have slammed home. I give Ottawa a lot of credit for bouncing back after getting killed Sunday and going down 1-0 tonight and coming back to win. Credit to Pittsburgh and Murray as well, they played solid despite their D men resembling a MASH recovery ward, carried a lot of the pace but just could not solve Anderson. Great game all around, hope game 7 is as much fun to watch. Lastly, holy damn that GWG was a bomb, not a damn thing ANY goalie could have done anything about.

Lcsulla 05-23-2017 08:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Honestly, watching that goal that got called back again - if Daley doesn't slash Anderson's pad that is probably a good goal, guessing that tipped the argument in Ottawa's favor.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 08:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16797466)
Honestly, watching that goal that got called back again - if Daley doesn't slash Anderson's pad that is probably a good goal, guessing that tipped the argument in Ottawa's favor.



Lol "slash"?

Good lord...loose puck, never physically impeded Anderson. Worst interference call I've seen maybe ever. Absolutely terrible.

Maybe if Crosby doesn't get tackled twice or a penalty gets called the Pens cash a few more in too.

Refs haven't been this bad in a while.

bradshaw06 05-23-2017 08:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Any other game in any circumstance that does not get called back. Classic reffing the score/ series there.

Lcsulla 05-23-2017 08:31 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797477)
Lol "slash"?

Good lord...loose puck, never physically impeded Anderson. Worst interference call I've seen maybe ever. Absolutely terrible.

Maybe if Crosby doesn't get tackled twice or a penalty gets called the Pens cash a few more in too.

Refs haven't been this bad in a while.

Oh I agree completely, that was a bad call. My point was that once the play was blown dead and Pittsburgh was credited with the goal Daley slammed his stick into Anderson's pad and that may have been what straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

Refs have been pretty inconsistent on those type of calls, it annoys me as a fan. I also agree Crosby was hit quite hard and quite often. A little consistency by the refs would be helpful. Last night Nick Richie got a game misconduct in the first period for boarding and was out for the rest of the game - in the second period Salomaki did the exact same thing to a Duck (forget which one) yet only got a two minute minor. Officiating has not been all that solid this postseason.

TheLastPig 05-23-2017 08:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
https://twitter.com/allie874/status/867200020046598144

#GarageLeague

That game was so poorly officiated. Still at a loss as to how Daley committed interference on the disallowed goal.


Not really concerned about the game 7.

bradshaw06 05-23-2017 08:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Love that the league protects its stars.

Instead the let other factors dictate what they call.

Dramageek 05-23-2017 08:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797493)
https://twitter.com/allie874/status/867200020046598144

#GarageLeague

That game was so poorly officiated. Still at a loss as to how Daley committed interference on the disallowed goal.


Not really concerned about the game 7.

It was just exorbitantly inconsistent. I'll be fair and point out missed calls on both sides: They let a cross-check by Malkin go, and then they let whatever the fuck is going on in that video go. But then they call a ticky-tack chicken shit interference on Hainsey. Then that goaltender "interference."

Still, the Pens played well enough to win. Got a lot of quality chances. Tip of the cap to Mr. Anderson, who went into full Matrix Bullet-time mode stopping just about everything.

fonzz41 05-23-2017 08:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797493)
https://twitter.com/allie874/status/867200020046598144

#GarageLeague

That game was so poorly officiated. Still at a loss as to how Daley committed interference on the disallowed goal.


Not really concerned about the game 7.

:lol Only a little bit of interference when he got hauled down there, eh? Sheesh.

It's times like this when I'm willing to give Crosby a pass when he whines.

TheLastPig 05-23-2017 08:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16797507)
It was just exorbitantly inconsistent. I'll be fair and point out missed calls on both sides: They let a cross-check by Malkin go, and then they let whatever the fuck is going on in that video go. But then they call a ticky-tack chicken shit interference on Hainsey. Then that goaltender "interference."

Still, the Pens played well enough to win. Got a lot of quality chances. Tip of the cap to Mr. Anderson, who went into full Matrix Bullet-time mode stopping just about everything.

Agreed with all of this.

TheLastPig 05-23-2017 08:56 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16797512)
:lol Only a little bit of interference when he got hauled down there, eh? Sheesh.

It's times like this when I'm willing to give Crosby a pass when he whines.

Ref literally like falling over both of them as it's going on too. Incredible.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 09:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16797512)
:lol Only a little bit of interference when he got hauled down there, eh? Sheesh.



It's times like this when I'm willing to give Crosby a pass when he whines.



Whine? Here we go...

fonzz41 05-23-2017 09:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797527)
Whine? Here we go...

Complains? Bitches?

and don't worry, I'm not taking this in the standard "Crysby" direction. You know I'm a fan.

dmbetc 05-23-2017 11:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Nice little fact https://twitter.com/tsn_wally/status/867225680777539584

Quote:

Mike Hoffman's winner was the 1st time in 11 playoff games that Erik Karlsson wasn't on the ice for the GWG.

barbogast 05-24-2017 03:14 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797493)
https://twitter.com/allie874/status/867200020046598144

#GarageLeague

That game was so poorly officiated. Still at a loss as to how Daley committed interference on the disallowed goal.


Not really concerned about the game 7.

:lol now THAT'S how you shutdown a superstar

Go Sens Go

JRS1386 05-24-2017 04:16 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797527)
Whine? Here we go...

He complains/bitches/whines all elite athletes in all of the sports do it. And I'm with Matty. Some bullshit on that play, but I'm not going to lose sleep over the no calls on it

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 04:38 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
https://twitter.com/bradytrett/statu...12188942974976

"Playoff hockey"

aeroshady 05-24-2017 05:15 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Didn't totally back read, but the Pens were probably good enough to win last night. I fully expect them to win game 7.

Preds must be enjoying watching the ECF on tv.

TMoore4075 05-24-2017 05:22 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Regardless of who wins game 7, this is benefiting the Preds a lot. They can rest up. I still hope Sens for my wanting a new team to win it and with both of those teams you get it either way.

cry_minarets458 05-24-2017 05:22 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I'm not lacking confidence in their ability to win; I'm lacking confidence in things falling their way. As last night showed, 1-2 things favoring the opposition (goal called back, questionable penalties called, blatant penalties not called) can result in a loss...but I suppose that's hockey

jrkarger 05-24-2017 05:38 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Guys... the NHL has announced the officiating crew for Game 7

http://blogs.library.unt.edu/unt125/...015/06/NC3.jpg

TMoore4075 05-24-2017 05:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16797600)
I'm not lacking confidence in their ability to win; I'm lacking confidence in things falling their way. As last night showed, 1-2 things favoring the opposition (goal called back, questionable penalties called, blatant penalties not called) can result in a loss...but I suppose that's hockey

Not that I want those things to happen and you want things called the right way but yeah it does happen. Not saying they shouldn't try to fix it but Pens have benefited from those types of things before and gotten hurt by it and the same goes for every other team. Pens against my Wings, too many men for a long time late in the first period of game 3 in 2009. Wings were up 2-1 and that would have put them on the PP, instead not called, Wings get a penalty and Pens tie it before intermission. Wings had plenty of chances to still win the series so I'm not but I'm guessing Pens fans don't want to go back and have it called right. And if last night's game was the other way around with Sens up 3-2 and Pens got the benefit of bad calls or non-calls, Pens fans wouldn't feel nearly as bad. Gotta keep things in perspective.

~Crashintome89~ 05-24-2017 05:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
pens fans rattled when they start questioning the officiating even before the series is over.

God, you're just like the Ducks.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 06:07 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
The Pens question NHL officials.

The Flyers question PGA officals.

Par for the course.













GET IT?!?!?!

jrkarger 05-24-2017 06:11 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16797611)
Not that I want those things to happen and you want things called the right way but yeah it does happen. Not saying they shouldn't try to fix it but Pens have benefited from those types of things before and gotten hurt by it and the same goes for every other team. Pens against my Wings, too many men for a long time late in the first period of game 3 in 2009. Wings were up 2-1 and that would have put them on the PP, instead not called, Wings get a penalty and Pens tie it before intermission. Wings had plenty of chances to still win the series so I'm not but I'm guessing Pens fans don't want to go back and have it called right. And if last night's game was the other way around with Sens up 3-2 and Pens got the benefit of bad calls or non-calls, Pens fans wouldn't feel nearly as bad. Gotta keep things in perspective.

... not to rub it in :p, but was that Stahl's shorty or was that Game 4? Turned the series around.

One of my top Pens moments ever.

EDIT: For the record and all joking aside, as egregious as the no goal was IMO, the prison rules shit the refs have allowed to happen all playoffs is what I'm most upset about. Last night was just another example.

bradshaw06 05-24-2017 06:17 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
If the pens can play like they did last night and game before, they can win. Still have a bad feeling though. At the end of the day if they go out, i'll still be very impressed with what they did this year.

~Crashintome89~ 05-24-2017 06:32 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16797626)
The Pens question NHL officials.

The Flyers question PGA officals.

Par for the course.













GET IT?!?!?!

come on, Mark Madden, you forgot to add #1975.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 06:44 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
:lol :thumbsup

TMoore4075 05-24-2017 06:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16797633)
... not to rub it in :p, but was that Stahl's shorty or was that Game 4? Turned the series around.

One of my top Pens moments ever.

EDIT: For the record and all joking aside, as egregious as the no goal was IMO, the prison rules shit the refs have allowed to happen all playoffs is what I'm most upset about. Last night was just another example.

No that was game 4. Game 3 Pens played I dunno how long but a while with 6 guys out there and it wasn't called. Wings get a penalty not long after that and I think Letang tied it up. 2-1

The thing with the NHL is they can't seem to find a level ground. I mean 10-12 years ago it was, we're gonna call every tiny little thing and it's like well that's not always good either. I just don't know why they can't find it. I get that there will be games where you are like "wtf are they doing" but now it's way too often.

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 07:21 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I kind of think the Pens will come out and stomp them tomorrow unless Andersen stands on his head again.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 07:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16797699)
No that was game 4. Game 3 Pens played I dunno how long but a while with 6 guys out there and it wasn't called. Wings get a penalty not long after that and I think Letang tied it up. 2-1

The thing with the NHL is they can't seem to find a level ground. I mean 10-12 years ago it was, we're gonna call every tiny little thing and it's like well that's not always good either. I just don't know why they can't find it. I get that there will be games where you are like "wtf are they doing" but now it's way too often.

I agree with this to an extent, but how about a rule that simply says no more head shots?

We've talked about this before but I don't understand why the NHL can't get a handle on this.

Or consistently calling penalties? That doucher literally sat on Sid, but it was Hainsey that got called for the first of the 5 on 3 penalties last night. It's like the refs fly by the seat of their pants.


Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797728)
I kind of think the Pens will come out and stomp them tomorrow unless Andersen stands on his head again.

This is what I keep telling myself. They suffocated the Sens last night and they Sens needed a 5 on 3 to get their first goal.

bradshaw06 05-24-2017 07:52 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I am getting flashbacks to Travis Moen in 2010.

fonzz41 05-24-2017 08:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
It just hit me that we live in a world where Nashville is selling out NHL arenas but Ottawa isn't.

kev87lads 05-24-2017 08:15 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Real-time I thought the Daley goal was a good goal. Then after the first couple of replays I thought it was a good goal. It wasn't until the replay from behind Daley, looking at the goal straight on, that you can see where he pushes Anderson's right leg back into the net before he then swipes the puck in. I think letter of the law (especially with replay now), because of that slight push, that's where the refs called it back.

That said, I thought the goal should stand and I can see why Penns fans are melting about it.

Dramageek 05-24-2017 08:17 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16797776)
It just hit me that we live in a world where Nashville is selling out NHL arenas but Ottawa isn't.

That is, in fact, the world we live in.

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 08:18 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16797792)
Real-time I thought the Daley goal was a good goal. Then after the first couple of replays I thought it was a good goal. It wasn't until the replay from behind Daley, looking at the goal straight on, that you can see where he pushes Anderson's right leg back into the net before he then swipes the puck in. I think letter of the law (especially with replay now), because of that slight push, that's where the refs called it back.

That said, I thought the goal should stand and I can see why Penns fans are melting about it.

there was very minor incidental contact with Daley's skate and Andersen's pad. But it did not impede Andersen in any way, and when it happened the puck was back behind Daley's leg.

I would like to hear a breakdown of what they actually saw as interference.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 08:20 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16797792)
Real-time I thought the Daley goal was a good goal. Then after the first couple of replays I thought it was a good goal. It wasn't until the replay from behind Daley, looking at the goal straight on, that you can see where he pushes Anderson's right leg back into the net before he then swipes the puck in. I think letter of the law (especially with replay now), because of that slight push, that's where the refs called it back.

That said, I thought the goal should stand and I can see why Penns fans are melting about it.

This was my exact thought process during the game last night as well; which is why I'm not super bitter about it.

These pics though...

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...e-6-abuse-well

Yeah, #GarageLe... effing forget it. Siiiiiiigh.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 08:21 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16797776)
It just hit me that we live in a world where Nashville is selling out NHL arenas but Ottawa isn't.

Is there a Kroger in Ottawa? That would probably help.

YouNeverKnow25 05-24-2017 08:28 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I mean, game 7 is not a sellout right now in pittsburgh...the face value on these tickets is expensive, and price integrity is something the teams want to protect...

having said that, the teams have to figure out a way to get those fans into the seats

jrkarger 05-24-2017 08:30 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Are there whole rows of seats available?

EDIT: I stand corrected. There are good chunks of seats available in certain sections. Lame.

kev87lads 05-24-2017 08:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797799)
there was very minor incidental contact with Daley's skate and Andersen's pad. But it did not impede Andersen in any way, and when it happened the puck was back behind Daley's leg.

I would like to hear a breakdown of what they actually saw as interference.

Here's the best full gif I can find of it now:

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/LikableRepentantAztecant

But the last replay and I know it's not slow-mo like NBC had it last night. But even though Daley is getting the biz from Karlsson, when he's down and he pushes with his left glove into Anderson's pad, Anderson gets pushed even further into the net and as Daley puts the puck in, you can see Anderson extending his leg back out of the net again.

Again, it's a letter of the law reversal that the refs saw and not one that I think I would have reversed since it's a "hockey play".

YouNeverKnow25 05-24-2017 08:39 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16797820)
Are there whole rows of seats available?

EDIT: I stand corrected. There are good chunks of seats available in certain sections. Lame.

damn...two seats on the glass next to the pens-shoot-twice faceoff circle were available but I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger before they were gone

cry_minarets458 05-24-2017 08:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16797611)
Not that I want those things to happen and you want things called the right way but yeah it does happen. Not saying they shouldn't try to fix it but Pens have benefited from those types of things before and gotten hurt by it and the same goes for every other team. Pens against my Wings, too many men for a long time late in the first period of game 3 in 2009. Wings were up 2-1 and that would have put them on the PP, instead not called, Wings get a penalty and Pens tie it before intermission. Wings had plenty of chances to still win the series so I'm not but I'm guessing Pens fans don't want to go back and have it called right. And if last night's game was the other way around with Sens up 3-2 and Pens got the benefit of bad calls or non-calls, Pens fans wouldn't feel nearly as bad. Gotta keep things in perspective.

we pretty much said the same things. dont worry

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 08:46 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Lots of reasonable tickets out there. They will drop even cheaper come tomorrow afternoon. Decent chance Ill go.

YouNeverKnow25 05-24-2017 08:51 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
my problem is that we kinda (no jinxes meant) cleared a lot of our schedule/lined up child care for a potential game 2 next week

YouNeverKnow25 05-24-2017 08:52 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
plus already went to game 2 of this series. gets expensive

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 09:48 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I think the big reason theres so many tickets is everyone is holding out in hopes of hitting cup game

YouNeverKnow25 05-24-2017 09:51 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
eh. there are other factors at play, factors that affect all entertainment all across the country

8 pm puck drop on a work and school night, school still being in session is the biggest one

bradshaw06 05-24-2017 09:52 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Hopefully shultz is back. Holding hope for Hornqvist too.

aeroshady 05-24-2017 09:53 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Category: Penguins

Answer: DAILY DOUBLE!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797888)
...the big reason there are so many tickets is everyone is holding out in hopes of hitting cup game


Response: What are "Signs that a fan-base has become way to spoiled!"

~Crashintome89~ 05-24-2017 09:53 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
or maybe the pens fanbase isn't all that great.....

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 09:56 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16797896)
eh. there are other factors at play, factors that affect all entertainment all across the country

8 pm puck drop on a work and school night, school still being in session is the biggest one

yeah its not just that, but I think its a significant factor.

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 09:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16797898)
Category: Penguins

Answer: DAILY DOUBLE!!




Response: What are "Signs that a fan-base has become way to spoiled!"

Call it what you want. Ill take the rings.


The tickets will sell, as they always do, theres just more than normal available right now.

bradshaw06 05-24-2017 10:00 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Was reading some post game stuff from the preds. Can't believe Neal is playing the victim from his time in pit. Dude was given every opportunity, city embraced him. And he played like a dirt clown. That trade did so much for the pens and was a big shift in how things were going to be. Those teams were so unlikeable.

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 10:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16797913)
Was reading some post game stuff from the preds. Can't believe Neal is playing the victim from his time in pit. Dude was given every opportunity, city embraced him. And he played like a dirt clown. That trade did so much for the pens and was a big shift in how things were going to be. Those teams were so unlikeable.

He became so one dimensional when he was here. Noone to blame but himself.

~Crashintome89~ 05-24-2017 10:07 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I don't hate Sidney Crosby, but I surely hate James Neal.

aeroshady 05-24-2017 10:11 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797909)
Call it what you want. Ill take the rings.


The tickets will sell, as they always do, theres just more than normal available right now.

We all would :lol

I hope I am spoiled as hell one day!

The Pens are one win away from playing in their 4th Cup finals in the last 10 years with a chance to win their 3rd Cup. Also, they could be the first team to repeat in almost 20 years. Those numbers are even better than Chicago's if they get it done this year. Not to mention, the window is not closing anytime soon for the Pens. I hate and respect the Pens for all these reasons haha.

Roose13 05-24-2017 10:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16797926)
I don't hate Sidney Crosby, but I surely hate James Neal.

I'm in the same boat. I like to hop on when Crosby does something childish, but damn, I respect the player as one of the best ever.

James Neal, however... fuck that dude.

TMoore4075 05-24-2017 10:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16797896)
eh. there are other factors at play, factors that affect all entertainment all across the country

8 pm puck drop on a work and school night, school still being in session is the biggest one

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16797898)
Category: Penguins

Answer: DAILY DOUBLE!!




Response: What are "Signs that a fan-base has become way to spoiled!"

All of this and of course cost which was mentioned in another post. Pricing people out, school/work and complacency. Complacency really got the Wings in 08 because you had people with tickets who weren't going. I got free tickets to game 2 of the WCF's. Fucking free because the dude couldn't sell them. Technically it was sold out but you had lower bowl seats empty.

Ottawa one is weird because this is their first trip this far in 10 years.

YouNeverKnow25 05-24-2017 10:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
ottawa's arena is out in the middle of nowhere in the suburbs

TMoore4075 05-24-2017 11:05 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16798016)
ottawa's arena is out in the middle of nowhere in the suburbs

That's an excuse for December and January, not game 6 of the 3rd round in late May.

hailtopitt 05-24-2017 12:31 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Lol @ people worried about game 7 not selling out

Yea, after 480 consecutive sellouts, this will be the one to break the streak lol

And there are tons of arenas/stadiums that are 25 mins from downtown of a city. That's a shit excuse for Canada's capitol to not sellout.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hailtopitt 05-24-2017 12:32 PM

The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Also, Methot and Wingles should've been given multiple game suspensions

Ottawa approaching CBJ/Winnipeg level dirty


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouNeverKnow25 05-24-2017 01:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16798165)
Lol @ people worried about game 7 not selling out

Yea, after 480 consecutive sellouts, this will be the one to break the streak lol

And there are tons of arenas/stadiums that are 25 mins from downtown of a city. That's a shit excuse for Canada's capitol to not sellout.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean...announced sellouts and actual sellouts are not the same thing...i bought tickets to game 2 direct from the venue half an hour before the game, and there were dozens of other seats available

mr.MikeD 05-24-2017 01:35 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16798169)
Also, Methot and Wingles should've been given multiple game suspensions

Ottawa approaching CBJ/Winnipeg level dirty


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for which plays?
I didn't watch the game, only saw a few clips here and there.

fonzz41 05-24-2017 01:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16798169)
Also, Methot and Wingles should've been given multiple game suspensions

Ottawa approaching CBJ/Winnipeg level dirty


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16798242)
for which plays?
I didn't watch the game, only saw a few clips here and there.

Wingels definitely for elbow to Wilson.

I didn't see anything from Methot, but admittedly I only watched the end-ish of the last game.

mr.MikeD 05-24-2017 02:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16798257)
Wingels definitely for elbow to Wilson.

I didn't see anything from Methot, but admittedly I only watched the end-ish of the last game.

yep, just looked that up - was pretty bad for sure.

hailtopitt 05-24-2017 10:06 PM

The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16798257)
Wingels definitely for elbow to Wilson.



I didn't see anything from Methot, but admittedly I only watched the end-ish of the last game.



Methot raked Crosby's eyes with his bare hand

One of the dirtiest things I've ever seen

fonzz41 05-25-2017 12:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16798656)
Methot raked Crosby's eyes with his bare hand

One of the dirtiest things I've ever seen

Eww especially with hockey glove fingers.

jrkarger 05-25-2017 06:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16798692)
Eww especially with hockey glove fingers.

Scroll through the pics in this article. It's there.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...e-6-abuse-well

TMoore4075 05-25-2017 06:14 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjfDWM_k8zU

Top game 7's..well when this video was posted in 2010. The Cujo save/Marchant goal still one of the most amazing sequences ever.

jrkarger 05-25-2017 06:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Watching Dallas home games always bugs me. It seems like the camera is so much lower than in other arenas.

That's a pretty lame #1 too.

Where was Kaspiritis beating Hasek?

TheLastPig 05-25-2017 06:44 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
So im sure my fellow yinzers saw good ol Dejan's article claiming fleury should start. :lol

He's been in damage control mode the last day and a half. Madden (who he is buddy-buddy with) slammed him to his face, Ray Borque did yesterday, and even Randy Bowman got in on it during an interview with him this morning.

Such a horrible click bait take. Anyone that pays money to that douche for his coverage is a moron.

jrkarger 05-25-2017 06:48 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16798818)
So im sure my fellow yinzers saw good ol Dejan's article claiming fleury should start. :lol

He's been in damage control mode the last day and a half. Madden (who he is buddy-buddy with) slammed him to his face, Ray Borque did yesterday, and even Randy Bowman got in on it during an interview with him this morning.

Such a horrible click bait take. Anyone that pays money to that douche for his coverage is a moron.

Bolded: You serious, Clark? :lol

Anyway, I didn't read the article but heard about it Madden's show. I normally like Dejan but that take is utterly ridic.

TheLastPig 05-25-2017 06:52 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16798829)
Bolded: You serious, Clark? :lol

Anyway, I didn't read the article but heard about it Madden's show. I normally like Dejan but that take is utterly ridic.

They read the headline and a snippet from it to him when he was on the DVE morning show yesterday, Borque was just at a loss for words. He didnt believe it was a real article. Then said something about it being nonsense.


Then they played that for Dejan this morning and he got all defensive and said his website doesnt write click bait because you have to have a subscription, and that Borque didnt read the article.


You dont need to read an article to have an opinion on it when the title is "For reasons beyond goaltending, Fleury should start game 7"

Dejan also tried to back it up this morning by saying that when he wrote it (right after game 6), no starting goalie had been announced. Also heard him trying to defend it on Madden yesterday, and literally the only point he made was "it would put a little extra electricity in the building" :lol :lol

TMoore4075 05-25-2017 06:54 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16798813)
Watching Dallas home games always bugs me. It seems like the camera is so much lower than in other arenas.

That's a pretty lame #1 too.

Where was Kaspiritis beating Hasek?

I'm not sure that's the BEST game 7. Now if we're talking about craziest game 7 moments, Smith own-goal might be it though.

TheLastPig 05-25-2017 06:54 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Dejan is just so incredibly full of himself. He thinks he is wayyyy more important than he is.

jrkarger 05-25-2017 06:56 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Reason's beyond goal tending?!?!?!

WTF does that even mean.?

Extra electricity? It's Game effing 7 of the ECF... This isn't a game in effing Phoenix or Atlanta. It doesn't need extra electricity. Geebus

And the Borque thing... you meant Phil right?

TheLastPig 05-25-2017 07:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16798848)
Reason's beyond goal tending?!?!?!

WTF does that even mean.?

Extra electricity? It's Game effing 7 of the ECF... This isn't a game in effing Phoenix or Atlanta. It doesn't need extra electricity. Geebus

And the Borque thing... you meant Phil right?

:lol yeah

force of habit

YouNeverKnow25 05-25-2017 07:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
No, the take was so bad that they pulled ray off the 14th hole at TPC Boston to weigh in

jrkarger 05-25-2017 07:04 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Wouldn't surprise me. :lol

cry_minarets458 05-25-2017 07:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Just hoping for an evenly matched game tonight that leads to good hockey

TheLastPig 05-25-2017 07:53 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16798923)
Just hoping for an evenly matched game tonight that leads to good hockey

Im hoping for any type of game in which the penguins win.

As a pens fan im surprised you would say anything otherwise.

Dramageek 05-25-2017 08:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
It's a great day for hockey!

Sew this one up tonight, Pens! I don't care if they get trounced by the Preds next round, I want them to have the opportunity.

And I generally like DK's writing, but there was zero sound logic behind his messy take. Murray was more than fine in Game 6. He should play tonight.

jrkarger 05-25-2017 09:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I think we're all hoping for a horny PP

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...s/201705250142

YouNeverKnow25 05-25-2017 09:07 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I have to say I was very, very dubious of rutherford after how his time with the hurricanes ended but I am so impressed with how he built their depth

TheLastPig 05-25-2017 09:13 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16799041)
I have to say I was very, very dubious of rutherford after how his time with the hurricanes ended but I am so impressed with how he built their depth

Just curious, but how did you become a pens fan being from out of state and whatnot?

Roose13 05-25-2017 09:15 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
My gut is telling me Pens win this, but I think you know who I'm rooting for.

YouNeverKnow25 05-25-2017 09:16 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
who else am I going to root for if I want to watch hockey? it ain't exactly filling the airwaves

YouNeverKnow25 05-25-2017 09:17 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
plus the hurricanes are mired in a sea of futility that it seems they'll never get out of. it's difficult to remain a fan of a rudderless ship that's 500 miles away

TheLastPig 05-25-2017 09:19 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16799052)
who else am I going to root for if I want to watch hockey? it ain't exactly filling the airwaves

I mean theres still alot of others that get decent TV time, Rangers, Caps, Boston, Chicago. Not surprising to choose the pens, I was just asking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16799055)
plus the hurricanes are mired in a sea of futility that it seems they'll never get out of. it's difficult to remain a fan of a rudderless ship that's 500 miles away

I just wouldve assumed you would have been a canes fan with them having won the cup a decade ago and being from there. But I can understand the feeling, the pirates were like that for a very long time for me.

jrkarger 05-25-2017 09:26 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
:lol Pirates

They're still a rudderless ship.

Ok, maybe not rudderless, but definitely mired in futility.

unccrombie 05-25-2017 09:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16799052)
who else am I going to root for if I want to watch hockey? it ain't exactly filling the airwaves

NHL Gamecenter/Center Ice exists

~Crashintome89~ 05-25-2017 09:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I think Ottawa takes it tonight. They seemed honed in.

TheLastPig 05-25-2017 09:30 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16799075)
:lol Pirates

They're still a rudderless ship.

Ok, maybe not rudderless, but definitely mired in futility.

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16799077)
I think Ottawa takes it tonight. They seemed honed in.

game 5: loses 7-0

game 6: give up 45 shots, have a goal disallowed and have a goalie stand on his head to squeak by with a 2-1 win on home ice



yeah, real honed in.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.