Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

DynastyDrummer1 09-24-2013 08:51 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14839486)
Wow... Ron Rolston fined for "player selection"... for sending Jon Scott out before the brawl. This league is doing absolutely everything it can to eliminate fighting without actually saying they are trying to eliminate fighting.

Rolston didn't even send Scott out. Scott was on the ice for Tropp's goal and Tropp's fight. And to top it off Toronto had last line changes and saw that they were leaving Scott on the ice. Dumb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14839626)
3 preseason games for Kessel turning his stick into a weapon. No regular season games... sheesh. Isn't it like a reward to not have to play during the pre-season?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...447412&lang=en

Shanny doesn't even Kessel's spear at the end...... what a joke.

(I thought he'd get a regular season game or two, nothing crazy. First-time offender by their standards....)

fonzz41 09-24-2013 09:07 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DynastyDrummer1 (Post 14839970)
Rolston didn't even send Scott out. Scott was on the ice for Tropp's goal and Tropp's fight. And to top it off Toronto had last line changes and saw that they were leaving Scott on the ice.

This is what got me.... Buffalo didn't even have the last change. As Proteau said, he's being fined for breaking a rule that doesn't exist.

Kessel should have gotten at least a couple of regular season games. The bad precedent continues: kassian (deservedly) gets 5 regular season games and Kessel gets zero for stick swinging incidents, one being reckless and the other calculated. The biggest difference? Injury. Terrible precedent being set.

TMoore4075 09-25-2013 05:56 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aclark0622 (Post 14839743)
TRAVEL!!!:devil:violent

;)

Other than the Buffalo game cause it's on NBCSN, 7pm starts! lol Shit I feel old.

~Crashintome89~ 09-25-2013 07:15 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
so any way we can push back the draft a few hours, or no?

waterboy100 09-25-2013 08:07 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14840244)
so any way we can push back the draft a few hours, or no?

how far?

jasonfilatov 09-26-2013 08:06 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Looking like the Stepan deal will be 6.5 for 2 years.

aeroshady 09-26-2013 09:09 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfilatov (Post 14841633)
Looking like the Stepan deal will be 6.5 for 2 years.

Transition contract. Would like to see him locked up for a few more years. The Rangers are weak at Center right now. I believe there will probably be a trade at some point to create more depth up the middle. Maybe Richards has a better year, but you can't count on that.

jasonfilatov 09-26-2013 09:50 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14841735)
Transition contract. Would like to see him locked up for a few more years. The Rangers are weak at Center right now. I believe there will probably be a trade at some point to create more depth up the middle. Maybe Richards has a better year, but you can't count on that.

Richards might be falling off but Stepan and Brassard are a solid 1-2 punch. We also have quite a list of veterans and young players fighting for the 4th line spot...Lindberg, Miller, Boyle, Dom Moore, Powe

dmbetc 09-26-2013 10:10 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Welcome Ella Rose to the Brown family! I can't believe they had a girl, it was a surprise and everyone thought they were for sure going to have another boy. Dustin posted "didn't see this coming..." On twitter which caused a lot of speculation on the kings fan site if he was being traded :lol

bonzo48280 09-26-2013 10:43 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Vancouver is going to be an absolute show this season. It's going to be one incredible bonfire.

unccrombie 09-26-2013 10:44 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14841735)
Transition contract. Would like to see him locked up for a few more years. The Rangers are weak at Center right now. I believe there will probably be a trade at some point to create more depth up the middle. Maybe Richards has a better year, but you can't count on that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfilatov (Post 14841824)
Richards might be falling off but Stepan and Brassard are a solid 1-2 punch. We also have quite a list of veterans and young players fighting for the 4th line spot...Lindberg, Miller, Boyle, Dom Moore, Powe

:thumbsup

bonzo48280 09-26-2013 10:45 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
EA Sports picks STL to win the Cup :lol

they picked the Rangers last year, and I believe the Penguins when the playoffs actually started. Good choices.

waterboy100 09-26-2013 10:48 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Last chance to dance
Draft starts in 5 hours 12 minutes.

http://y.ahoo.it/3eudgr9x

~Crashintome89~ 09-26-2013 11:26 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 14840333)
how far?

three hours would be nice. haha

fonzz41 09-26-2013 11:29 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 14841849)
Welcome Ella Rose to the Brown family! I can't believe they had a girl, it was a surprise and everyone thought they were for sure going to have another boy. Dustin posted "didn't see this coming..." On twitter which caused a lot of speculation on the kings fan site if he was being traded :lol

Give Dustin our regards!
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 14841926)
Last chance to dance
Draft starts in 5 hours 12 minutes.

http://y.ahoo.it/3eudgr9x

Will be autodrafting this year, but still looking forward to it!

Alazais 09-26-2013 11:29 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Franson signs for one year 2 million dollars. This will create a world of hurt for the Leafs this upcoming off season.

swordo84 09-26-2013 11:32 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 14842028)
Franson signs for one year 2 million dollars. This will create a world of hurt for the Leafs this upcoming off season.

Oh boy will it ever. Something like 5 of their top 6 d-man expiring at the years end of something like that? Not to mention Kessel, Bolland, Kulemin, Raymond....

TMoore4075 09-26-2013 11:34 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
There really is no good time for me for the draft so doesn't matter to me.

waterboy100 09-26-2013 11:37 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14842018)
three hours would be nice. haha

I don't think that that is going to happen. I could probably do an hour. But to be honest, I don't want to have to skip a draft of a league i'm commissioning.

Also. We need one more person to make it an even 12. Lets hear it guys. It doesn't take too much to run a team. You can do it in minutes a day.

aeroshady 09-26-2013 11:43 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 14842046)
I don't think that that is going to happen. I could probably do an hour. But to be honest, I don't want to have to skip a draft of a league i'm commissioning.

Also. We need one more person to make it an even 12. Lets hear it guys. It doesn't take too much to run a team. You can do it in minutes a day.

I am also for keeping the time. I have my other fantasy draft at 9pm EDT. So moving it back would mean I was trying to manage two drafts at once haha.

dmbetc 09-26-2013 02:44 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Did we decide if we are implementing hits in our league?

waterboy100 09-26-2013 02:56 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
You got me right as i'm getting home.

I added in games started for goalies. For skaters I added face off wins and hits.

1 hour until the draft. We need one more person otherwise I have to drop the last person added.

waterboy100 09-26-2013 03:41 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
someone needs to join in 5 minutes or i have to drop seans team.
do you want to do that to sean? i didnt think so!

Harrycaray 09-26-2013 03:43 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I just joined in. There should be an even 12 now.

waterboy100 09-26-2013 03:43 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
cool. thanks harrycaray. we draft in 15 minutes.

since there are only 12 teams i also threw in a flex position. Why not with a smaller league.

edit: wow. somehow the league changed itself to an autopick draft. glad i caught that.
edit 2. fuck. since we didnt fill up the league in time, the draft cant be at 7EST. The earliest time is 9:00 EST.

dmbetc 09-26-2013 03:47 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 14842498)
cool. thanks harrycaray. we draft in 15 minutes.

since there are only 12 teams i also threw in a flex position. Why not with a smaller league.

edit: wow. somehow the league changed itself to an autopick draft. glad i caught that.
edit 2. fuck. since we didnt fill up the league in time, the draft cant be at 7EST. The earliest time is 9:00 EST.

:lol I was just looking around and couldn't find anything about the draft info...that must be why.

waterboy100 09-26-2013 03:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 14842507)
:lol I was just looking around and couldn't find anything about the draft info...that must be why.

damnit. i have somewhere to be at 7pst and im supposed to pack for frozen fury. oh well. looks like im going to be adjusting my schedule.

dmbetc 09-26-2013 03:50 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
We're not doing it at 4?

aeroshady 09-26-2013 03:52 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
lol I love how we ended up at 9edt anyway. Does anyone know if you can manage two drafts at one?

waterboy100 09-26-2013 03:52 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 14842511)
We're not doing it at 4?

nope. its now 6:00 pacific/9:00 eastern

waterboy100 09-26-2013 03:53 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14842514)
lol I love how we ended up at 9edt anyway. Does anyone know if you can manage two drafts at one?

laptop and desktop?

dmbetc 09-26-2013 03:54 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 14842515)
nope. its now 6:00 pacific/9:00 eastern

Works for me anyway. So jealous that you're going to Frozen Fury. I was going to go, had tickets and everything. But, my seat partner decided she couldn't make it anymore so we sold our tickets. Hopefully Dustin plays Saturday!

aeroshady 09-26-2013 03:55 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 14842516)
laptop and desktop?

Only have one laptop. If it makes me choose I will have to draft the other league because it is for money :shrug

waterboy100 09-26-2013 03:56 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14842519)
Only have one laptop. If it makes me choose I will have to draft the other league because it is for money :shrug

no problem. you may be able to run two windows. im not sure.
maybe use 2 different broswers? one in firefox one in chrome?

bradshaw06 09-26-2013 04:31 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 14842515)
nope. its now 6:00 pacific/9:00 eastern

Awesome, thank you. Just got home from class early and was pleasantly surprised i have time.

waterboy100 09-26-2013 04:38 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 14842549)
Awesome, thank you. Just got home from class early and was pleasantly surprised i have time.

my fuckup. your benefit :D

dmbetc 09-26-2013 05:28 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Of course I'm out doing some errands and probably won't be back in time! Oh well, good thing I set up my picks.

waterboy100 09-26-2013 05:58 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
one minute!

dmbetc 09-26-2013 06:27 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Im here now!

thechad90000 09-26-2013 06:35 PM

Very excited about Preds this season

bradshaw06 09-26-2013 06:40 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
drafting last is rough

waterboy100 09-26-2013 06:41 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
In an only half sarcastic fashion i would like to thank everyone who wasnt at the draft because it was the fastest draft ever and i have an appointment in 20 minutes that i thought i would be late for and i am going to make it. yaaay

~Crashintome89~ 09-26-2013 07:14 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
worked out pretty well. Got Giroux, Voracek, Bob, and Ovechkin.

aeroshady 09-26-2013 09:06 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
That draft was a shit show because I was also drafting my other league haha

TMoore4075 09-27-2013 05:08 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Ya know for not being able to draft myself, it ain't so bad. Malkin, Dastyuk, Perry, Elias, Chara, Yandle, Kronwall, Hiller and Miller. Some crap in there too, and could probably use another d-man but again for not drafting myself I can't complain.

TMoore4075 09-27-2013 05:38 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
So I guess I should have looked before, how does the utility player work?

Roose13 09-27-2013 06:38 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14843027)
So I guess I should have looked before, how does the utility player work?

Anyone that doesn't wear goalie pads can play that spot.

Roose13 09-27-2013 06:42 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I made six picks in the middle of the draft, mainly because I forgot about the draft and then was too busy playing NHL 14 when I left :lol

Happy with my team, especially with having Lundqvist and Price in net. St. Louis, Sharp, Lecavalier, Simmonds, Pacioeretty, Ladd, Eberle, Suter, Edler, Boyle and Carle are my starters for now.

lockman21 09-27-2013 07:38 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I completely forgot about this draft. Damnit.

unccrombie 09-27-2013 07:40 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14843283)
I completely forgot about this draft. Damnit.

end up with 4 goalies?

TMoore4075 09-27-2013 08:36 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 14843290)
end up with 4 goalies?

I ended up with Karri Romo, a goalie from Calgary I've never heard of.

aeroshady 09-27-2013 08:48 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14843380)
I ended up with Karri Romo, a goalie from Calgary I've never heard of.

Yeah, my auto draft picked me some crap early. I was not happy with Craig Anderson as my goalie selection either.

bradshaw06 09-27-2013 09:02 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I was able to pick up good goaltending and defense in Rinne, Karlsson, Letang and Pietrangelo.

swordo84 09-27-2013 09:03 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14843403)
Yeah, my auto draft picked me some crap early. I was not happy with Craig Anderson as my goalie selection either.

Best GAA and SV% last year.............

bradshaw06 09-27-2013 09:04 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Also, sounds like Vokoun may be facing retirement about his blood clot issue last week.

TMoore4075 09-27-2013 09:08 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14843403)
Yeah, my auto draft picked me some crap early. I was not happy with Craig Anderson as my goalie selection either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 14843440)
Best GAA and SV% last year.............

Yeah nothing wrong with him. Plus if he can get ya know, some health in front of him maybe even better.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 14843444)
Also, sounds like Vokoun may be facing retirement about his blood clot issue last week.

That sucks. Hated him in Nashville. Always played the Wings tough. Hate to see a guy career cut short because of...well anything not on their own terms really.

~Crashintome89~ 09-27-2013 09:21 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I have Bob, Brodeur, and Halak.

Let's make a deal.

swordo84 09-27-2013 09:42 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
My wife ended up joining a fantasy league at work...this is what she ended up with;

Datsyuk, P
Duchene, M
Carter, J
Brown, D
Callahan, R
Pominville, J
Yandle, K
Keith, D
Carlson, J
Del Zotto, M
Lundqvist, H
Lololololouongo, R

Little, B
Hamilton, D
Saad, B
Eller, L

jackisback24 09-27-2013 04:16 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Can't hide behind the keyboard anymore...


Brian Burkeís quest to uncover the online posters he says defamed him continued last week.

The Calgary Flames executive won a default judgment in B.C. Supreme Court against five online posters last week, according to the Vancouver Province.

The 58-year-old has won the right to serve legal papers to the aforementioned online commenters using the message boards he claims he was defamed on.

As a result, the hunt continues for anonymous online users NoFixed Address, CamBarkerfan, Lavy 16, Tulowd and Naggah, all of which failed to respond to the former Toronto Maple Leafs general managerís lawsuit.


Full Story:
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/21/brian-burkes-quest-to-uncover-the-online-posters-he-says-defamed-him-continued-last-week

~Crashintome89~ 09-27-2013 07:08 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
The Flyers are awful. Laviolette won't last til December.

Roose13 09-27-2013 07:20 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
It's freakin' preseason, I don't care.

~Crashintome89~ 09-27-2013 07:37 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
The offense is non-existent and IMO, they're making the same mistakes from last season before all the injuries. It's all on Laviolette. I'm not thrilled for the upcoming season.

aeroshady 09-28-2013 05:26 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I was just thinking the same as above. Should I be worried about how bad the rangers look this preseason? They are not giving me a lot of confidence, and hank looks like he might have a really rough year with the new system.

s0628711 09-28-2013 06:05 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14844569)
I was just thinking the same as above. Should I be worried about how bad the rangers look this preseason? They are not giving me a lot of confidence, and hank looks like he might have a really rough year with the new system.

I haven't really gotten into hockey season yet, but there's no doubt they look rusty. I'm not overly concerned though, as injured players will be returning early in the season.

TMoore4075 09-28-2013 10:41 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
No don't worry yet. Wings looked terrible 3 games in a row and looked great last night. So many guys in and out of the lineup, it's hard to tell how good or how bad a team is.

aeroshady 09-28-2013 02:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14844864)
No don't worry yet. Wings looked terrible 3 games in a row and looked great last night. So many guys in and out of the lineup, it's hard to tell how good or how bad a team is.

Lundqvist giving up 9 first period goals in two games is alarming though.

lockman21 09-28-2013 02:26 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
When the Hawks won the Cup in 2010, they finished last in the West in the preseason. EVERYONE was freaking out. It's silly. Don't panic. The preseason has no bearing on anything.

Bron Yr Aur 09-28-2013 03:04 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14845035)
When the Hawks won the Cup in 2010, they finished last in the West in the preseason. EVERYONE was freaking out. It's silly. Don't panic. The preseason has no bearing on anything.

I'm. Agreeing. with Chris.

Wtf people.

Roose13 09-28-2013 03:04 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14845035)
When the Hawks won the Cup in 2010, they finished last in the West in the preseason. EVERYONE was freaking out. It's silly. Don't panic. The preseason has no bearing on anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14844864)
No don't worry yet. Wings looked terrible 3 games in a row and looked great last night. So many guys in and out of the lineup, it's hard to tell how good or how bad a team is.

:thumbsup I knew the sensible posters would chime in eventually

Roose13 09-28-2013 09:09 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
So for the next four days I'm doing a four-part series for my newspaper previewing the Flyers. Pretty cool feeling to be honest.

dmbetc 09-28-2013 10:00 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14845237)
So for the next four days I'm doing a four-part series for my newspaper previewing the Flyers. Pretty cool feeling to be honest.

That's awesome!!

mr.MikeD 09-29-2013 08:50 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Andrew Ference as the oilers captain. I can handle that.

TMoore4075 09-29-2013 10:10 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 14845434)
Andrew Ference as the oilers captain. I can handle that.

I was curious about it but someone liked it to Streit first and then Tavares.

dduncan6er 09-29-2013 10:14 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Oilers fans are going to love Ferrence. Guy is definitely captain material.

mr.MikeD 09-29-2013 06:26 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
He's already made a big push to get involved in the community here, leading his November project workouts, visiting farmers markets, city events and stuff. Good guy, hopefully all translates to good team captain.

dmbetc 09-29-2013 06:39 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I just love the beginning of the season. Everyone believes.

fonzz41 09-29-2013 07:25 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Ference is everything you want in a captain. Good on the oil for not going with the trend and naming who they thought was most qualified.

Giving myself half a point on this one. My final choice was Eberle, but I mentioned Ference as a top candidate.

Roose13 09-30-2013 10:19 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
My Flyers previews for the Press of AC...

Centers: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/s...55eaaab9e.html
Wingers: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/s...80d4a79bb.html
D'men tomorrow and goalies on Wednesday.

Roose13 09-30-2013 10:22 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Ottawa sent down Zibanejad. Shocking!

https://twitter.com/FredPoulin98/sta...29279730163712

swordo84 09-30-2013 10:26 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Very happy with Eakin's choice to wear the "C". A bit out of left field, but in retrospect, he's the best choice. Can't wait for tomorrow night!

TMoore4075 09-30-2013 10:37 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview2013/s...ds-predictions

Now you get everyone involved not just some moron. However some crazy crap in there. Wings/Jackets East Final? Capitals in the Finals by one person? Sharks in the Finals? Also I think some of them didn't pay attention to the playoff format. Someone had Sens win the Atlantic and Wings/Bruins East Final. That means Wings or Bruins would be the wild card in the other divisional playoffs. Personally see both of them in the top 3 in the division.

swordo84 09-30-2013 10:41 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14846957)
http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview2013/s...ds-predictions

Now you get everyone involved not just some moron. However some crazy crap in there. Wings/Jackets East Final? Capitals in the Finals by one person? Sharks in the Finals? Also I think some of them didn't pay attention to the playoff format. Someone had Sens win the Atlantic and Wings/Bruins East Final. That means Wings or Bruins would be the wild card in the other divisional playoffs. Personally see both of them in the top 3 in the division.

LeBrun is the only one worth paying any sort of attention to at ESPN and their hockey "experts"

Biggest :lol @ Burnside picking the 'yotes to win the cup.

TMoore4075 09-30-2013 10:46 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 14846968)
LeBrun is the only one worth paying any sort of attention to at ESPN and their hockey "experts"

Biggest :lol @ Burnside picking the 'yotes to win the cup.

Bucci, Burnside and Custance know their stuff but LeBrun is by far the best. That's why Bucci's is weird and ya Coyotes getting through the West? I like what they've been able to do the last few years considering all the BS around that city and ownership but they just aren't good enough. Their best years in 2010 and 2012 they couldn't do it. Custance I like a lot but I'm biased since he lives around here.

fonzz41 09-30-2013 10:55 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
As far as ESPN goes, LeBrun is far and away the best reporter when it comes to knowledge of the NHL and its players.

Bucci is absolutely awesome, but he's completely the opposite. Whereas LeBrun knows the NHL, Bucci knows hockey... if that makes sense. More of a columnist than a reporter. The guy just gets the intricacies of the game and how to recognize it in players and teams. He's very adept at waxing eloquent as to why the game is so great, and I love that about him. But in terms of actual NHL reporting, I think he wouldn't argue that LeBrun has him beat. But again, just different focuses. I think with those two contrasting qualities, it would actually be cool to see them do more stuff together. Could make for some very interesting conversations.

Burnside is a goofball, that's the only way I can describe him. Has hockey knowledge, but just goofy. Custance is ok, but nothing to write home about.

Roose13 09-30-2013 12:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Agreed on LeBrun and Bucci. Both are by far the best ESPN has to offer in hockey knowledge.

~Crashintome89~ 09-30-2013 02:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Laughton has made the team for now. I still think he gets sent down after nine games back to Oshawa.

fonzz41 09-30-2013 03:00 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Flyers sign the refrigerator -- err, Hall Gill.

Gem from Proteau:
"Flyers sign Adam Hall and Hal Gill. If the coach ever uses Gill as a forward with Jakub Voracek, we could see the Jake, Gill & Hall line."

JRS1386 09-30-2013 03:17 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Anyone use the center ice thing or whatever to get hockey games?

Roose13 09-30-2013 03:52 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14847420)
Flyers sign the refrigerator -- err, Hall Gill.

Gem from Proteau:
"Flyers sign Adam Hall and Hal Gill. If the coach ever uses Gill as a forward with Jakub Voracek, we could see the Jake, Gill & Hall line."

What a horrible reach for a joke. Proteau needs to step up his game

unccrombie 09-30-2013 04:26 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
center ice ordered, jersey washed. let's go.

TMoore4075 09-30-2013 04:31 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Hybrid icing approved. I'm interested to see how if it will work.

JRS1386 09-30-2013 04:43 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14847479)
What a horrible reach for a joke. Proteau needs to step up his game

Eh I didn't mind it

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 14847518)
center ice ordered, jersey washed. let's go.

How much did it cost?

unccrombie 09-30-2013 05:00 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14847529)
Eh I didn't mind it



How much did it cost?

early bird was $180/year through FiOS

JRS1386 09-30-2013 08:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Sounds a bit expensive. Just did my only fantasy hockey draft and I smell a winner

F Claude Giroux, Phi F
F Patrick Sharp, Chi F
F Patrice Bergeron, Bos F
F Thomas Vanek, Buf F
F Brad Richards, NYR F
F Jeff Carter, LA F
F P.A. Parenteau, Col F
F Scott Hartnell, Phi F

D Dustin Byfuglien, Wpg D
D Keith Yandle, Pho D
D James Wisniewski, Cls D

GOALIES
G Tuukka Rask, Bos G
G Ray Emery, Phi G
G Carey Price, Mon G
G Jaroslav Halak, StL G

TMoore4075 10-01-2013 05:51 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...23354920378368

That's a big salary.

swordo84 10-01-2013 05:53 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14847854)

:eek Wow. I knew the Leafs were going to give him a big pay day, but damn that seems like a lot.

fonzz41 10-01-2013 06:00 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Jedi lightsaber skills don't come cheap these days.

TMoore4075 10-01-2013 06:00 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 14847858)
:eek Wow. I knew the Leafs were going to give him a big pay day, but damn that seems like a lot.

Yeah I thought so too. He's a one dimentional player. A very good one mind you but he's not Ovie. And if I'm giving 8mil to a guy who's really just a goal scorer it's not on a guy like Kessel, but that's me. Hard to really tell what a guy is worth in today's game because the cap goes up every year and now with a cap of 8 years the yearly salary goes up from what it would have been.

unccrombie 10-01-2013 06:09 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14847673)
Sounds a bit expensive.

it's like $20/mo

Alazais 10-01-2013 06:21 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14847868)
Yeah I thought so too. He's a one dimentional player. A very good one mind you but he's not Ovie. And if I'm giving 8mil to a guy who's really just a goal scorer it's not on a guy like Kessel, but that's me. Hard to really tell what a guy is worth in today's game because the cap goes up every year and now with a cap of 8 years the yearly salary goes up from what it would have been.

This is not entirely accurate. He has evolved into a very good play maker as well. He is more willing to play a 200 foot game. He is not a defensive stalwart by any stretch of the imagination but I saw him make several goal saving defensive efforts last year. I had never seen that out of him years before.

8 millions seems like a lot. But he is a top 5 points guy. Those guys don't come cheap.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.