Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ***Official Innings Festival Tampa 2023 Thread*** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=359112)

dmbolp 11-01-2022 03:14 PM

***Official Innings Festival Tampa 2023 Thread***

When in Tampa have the world's best clam chowder at SHELLS on Dale Mabry. Their lobster bisque is no slouch either.

Sunday is:

DMB
Avett Bros
Marcus Mumford
The Revivalist
Third Eye Blind

https://www.inningsfestival.com/florida

Cbusnancie 11-01-2022 04:12 PM

Re: ***Official Innings Festival Tampa 2023 Thread***

I’m extremely tempted to break for it late March. Planning on taking the kids.

Anyone got a feel for how long the sets will be or have any experience with the event?

ExistenceNow 11-01-2022 06:13 PM

Has anyone been to this?

After that shit show that Sound on Sound seemed to be, I'm gun shy about trying a festival I've never been to.

surferbrad87 11-01-2022 07:01 PM

Count me in. Coming from Alabama. Getting the vip ticket.

marycharlotte 11-01-2022 08:35 PM

I went to both days of this festival this year and it was great. Well organized and reasonable lines. Hoping for the same this year. Sets for Green Day and the Lumineers - the headliners - seemed like full sets. I believe they started about 830/845 and went until 11/1130. Green Day was probably my favorite concert of the year including 2 Dave shows. They put on an unreal show. (DMB shows were Tampa Pit and Saratoga Night 2 Lawn [long story on why only 1 night]). Sets for earlier performers were shorter as usual at these things. Parking is easy and plentiful (obviously it’s next to the football stadium). I assume Uber would be easy to the show but leaving could be usual headaches. We did the GA+ and it was well worth it. Pleasant sitting area and decent bathrooms. GA+ included free bottled water (it was the liquid death canned stuff) - not sure if that’s the case this time around. Happy to answer any other questions about the festival or where to stay in Tampa area, etc.. (Bern’s does rolling 60 day reservations in case you’re coming in Friday!)

troll565 11-02-2022 04:56 AM

Hitting up the Avetts in St Augustine the Friday and Saturday before this. Might have to make that trip down I-4 for this

UCFish 11-02-2022 05:03 AM

We will do this and take the kids. It will be a nice way to end their Spring Break.

Trying to decide between GA and GA+

dmbolp 11-02-2022 05:11 AM

Going to wait until week/day of show and buy the cheapest VIP/Platinum available

morecornbread!! 11-02-2022 06:11 AM

Excited to make the trip down! Buying 1 day pass for Sunday. Pumped to see the Avetts for show #5 and DMB show #52! Mumford solo show and Third Eye Blind should be great as well!

joeyray34 11-02-2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 18290755)
Going to wait until week/day of show and buy the cheapest VIP/Platinum available

Think this is my plan also

mic813 11-02-2022 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marycharlotte (Post 18290720)
I went to both days of this festival this year and it was great. Well organized and reasonable lines. Hoping for the same this year. Sets for Green Day and the Lumineers - the headliners - seemed like full sets. I believe they started about 830/845 and went until 11/1130. Green Day was probably my favorite concert of the year including 2 Dave shows. They put on an unreal show. (DMB shows were Tampa Pit and Saratoga Night 2 Lawn [long story on why only 1 night]). Sets for earlier performers were shorter as usual at these things. Parking is easy and plentiful (obviously it’s next to the football stadium). I assume Uber would be easy to the show but leaving could be usual headaches. We did the GA+ and it was well worth it. Pleasant sitting area and decent bathrooms. GA+ included free bottled water (it was the liquid death canned stuff) - not sure if that’s the case this time around. Happy to answer any other questions about the festival or where to stay in Tampa area, etc.. (Bern’s does rolling 60 day reservations in case you’re coming in Friday!)

Any info on the VIP area? My son's (second) favorite band is Imagine Dragons and would love to take him. He has never been to a concert before.

madpiker 11-02-2022 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18290640)
Has anyone been to this?

After that shit show that Sound on Sound seemed to be, I'm gun shy about trying a festival I've never been to.

everyone I know that's been to the (Tempe) one has said it's amazing and very well done.

onesweetworld41 11-02-2022 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18290640)
Has anyone been to this?

Friends did this festival last year and gave it approval. Organized, enough bathrooms, etc. The Sunday line up is fun but Saturday is yeahhhhh

marycharlotte 11-02-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mic813 (Post 18290839)
Any info on the VIP area? My son's (second) favorite band is Imagine Dragons and would love to take him. He has never been to a concert before.

I think I remember it being kind of far removed from the stage last year. But sounds like there will be a dedicated area close to the stage this year. We’re going GA+ again.

surferbrad87 11-03-2022 08:58 AM

Got my vip ticket before it went up. Looking forward to seeing alot of different music that weekend.

gilbert 11-03-2022 09:59 AM

I went to Innings Festival in Tempe in 2020 (riiiight before COVID shut everything down; Orlando was not an option that year either), and had a great time. DMB put on a great show. Festival was well organized. Weather was fantastic. I love baseball, so meeting the players and tacking on a day to see some Spring Training games was a nice benefit.

twostepchris 11-03-2022 10:06 AM

When i try to buy tickets, it still takes me to a password protected page?

surferbrad87 11-03-2022 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twostepchris (Post 18291797)
When i try to buy tickets, it still takes me to a password protected page?

Must be some kind of error. I bought mine with no trouble 5 minutes after they went on sale

RyeWhiskey41 11-03-2022 12:14 PM

This is interesting. My 13-year-old son's favorite band is Imagine Dragons and there's never a bad time to see DMB.

Flight828 11-03-2022 06:56 PM

Cant. Wait!

sussman03 11-16-2022 05:13 AM

Never been to tampa before. Any hotel suggestions that are near the venue?

lilant420 11-19-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sussman03 (Post 18300114)
Never been to tampa before. Any hotel suggestions that are near the venue?

Google! :popcorn

Matt H 12-15-2022 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marycharlotte (Post 18290720)

I will second this. It was a fantastic experience, no issues what so ever and very well ran.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mic813 (Post 18290839)

We did VIP and would do it all over again. Not sure if there is a map out or if it's going to be the same as last year, but VIP section is in the middle between both stages and there are bleachers pointed at each stage. In VIP, water (Liquid Death in cans, still and seltzer) was free and they never cared how many you grabbed. When we'd go up for drinks, whether or not we needed water we'd get one, and drink made sure to drink it, as it was a little toasty out. There was limited shade, only from the few trees and the backside of the bleachers, so bring a hat, concierge provided sun screen. We were in line to get into the venue for as soon as it opened for both days, and we were able to grab the comfy (moveable) chairs. Being able to move them was great for seeing both stages, though the tarp liner on the fence separating VIP from Platinum was as tall as the 6 foot fence, so couldn't see the left stage when seated.
There were two food vendors inside VIP, and hardly ever a long wait, but the options are limited and better food was found in the GA area, which was a bit of a walk back and forth. Everything was cashless and cardless, you'd pay with your wrist band, so it was kind of annoying seeing 200 Paypal transactions come Monday morning. Having dedicated bathrooms alone was worth VIP. There was never, ever a line, and they were super clean. The staff was always around to monitor them and constantly cleaning and disposing of trash, during day 2 we heard of horror stories about the bathrooms overflowing in GA. They did run out of some drink items if I recall correctly early in the second day, IPAs ran out for sure. Near the end of night 2 from my experience they were just giving away booze and mixed drinks were 99% alcohol.

CrushLive 12-15-2022 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt H (Post 18313445)
I will second this. It was a fantastic experience, no issues what so ever and very well ran.

We did VIP and would do it all over again. Not sure if there is a map out or if it's going to be the same as last year, but VIP section is in the middle between both stages and there are bleachers pointed at each stage. In VIP, water (Liquid Death in cans, still and seltzer) was free and they never cared how many you grabbed. When we'd go up for drinks, whether or not we needed water we'd get one, and drink made sure to drink it, as it was a little toasty out. There was limited shade, only from the few trees and the backside of the bleachers, so bring a hat, concierge provided sun screen. We were in line to get into the venue for as soon as it opened for both days, and we were able to grab the comfy (moveable) chairs. Being able to move them was great for seeing both stages, though the tarp liner on the fence separating VIP from Platinum was as tall as the 6 foot fence, so couldn't see the left stage when seated.
There were two food vendors inside VIP, and hardly ever a long wait, but the options are limited and better food was found in the GA area, which was a bit of a walk back and forth. Everything was cashless and cardless, you'd pay with your wrist band, so it was kind of annoying seeing 200 Paypal transactions come Monday morning. Having dedicated bathrooms alone was worth VIP. There was never, ever a line, and they were super clean. The staff was always around to monitor them and constantly cleaning and disposing of trash, during day 2 we heard of horror stories about the bathrooms overflowing in GA. They did run out of some drink items if I recall correctly early in the second day, IPAs ran out for sure. Near the end of night 2 from my experience they were just giving away booze and mixed drinks were 99% alcohol.

TFTI last year #rudenotag

Matt H 12-15-2022 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushLive (Post 18313462)
TFTI last year #rudenotag

I'm sure you were in one of five countries in Europe at the time.

joeyray34 12-15-2022 07:28 AM

Staying at the hard rock friday to Monday, just doing Sunday. Should be a fun time!

bohazo 12-18-2022 06:53 AM

Will DMB do a full set on Sunday?

dmbolp 12-18-2022 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bohazo (Post 18314458)

What's full to you? This is what they did to close Railbird Fest on SUN last year:

Dave Matthews Band
Aug 29 2021
Railbird Festival
Lexington, KY

1. Two Step
2. Cant Stop
3. So Much To Say
4. Anyone Seen The Bridge
5. Too Much
6. Dancing Nancies
7. Warehouse
8. Don’t Drink the Water
9. Jimi Thing
10. (I Want A New Drug)
11. (Sexy M.F.)
12. Brown Sugar (Tease)
13. Bitch (tease)
14. (I Cant Get No) Satisfaction
15. Sledgehammer
16. Crush
17. Grey Street
18. Everyday
19. Ants Marching

-------- ENCORE --------

20. Why I Am

surferbrad87 12-18-2022 09:15 PM

For those that don't know, you can book hotels from the Innings website with great deals. They have a bunch to choose from with special rates for that weekend. I saved about 100 vs booking directly with the hotel.

Matt H 12-19-2022 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bohazo (Post 18314458)

They headlined Innings back in 2020 and played 19 songs.

Don't Drink the Water
Samurai Cop (Oh Joy Begin)
Warehouse
Crush
Kill the Preacher (tease)
Why I Am
Come Tomorrow
So Much to Say
Anyone Seen the Bridge
Too Much
The Riff
Long Train Runnin' (The Doobie Brothers cover)
Jimi Thing
Tell Me Something Good (Rufus cover)
You & Me
Sweet Up and Down
Ants Marching

Encore:
Cornbread
Grey Street