Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Album Coming in One Week! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354555)

Moose Thompson 08-19-2022 10:53 AM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolan8or (Post 18252147)
It was crystal clear that Rodrigo wasn't mentioned at all lol. Love Rodrigo but he isn't making a 25th anniversary doc on BTCS.

Haha, ok fair, my bad. I thought he laid down enough clues about Brazil, etc that led me to believe he was saying Rodrigo without actually saying Rodrigo. I'll take the L on this one.

Exciting regardless.

Moose Thompson 08-19-2022 11:22 AM

Just listened to the bit about the film again and I see where I got tripped up. He mentions the person making it is a close friend of the band involved in their photography then goes on to say it documents periods of time with the band including being in Brazil. The math wasn't mathing when I put those two together, legitimately glad you corrected me.

nolan8or 08-19-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose Thompson (Post 18252211)
Just listened to the bit about the film again and I see where I got tripped up. He mentions the person making it is a close friend of the band involved in their photography then goes on to say it documents periods of time with the band including being in Brazil. The math wasn't mathing when I put those two together, legitimately glad you corrected me.

No worries at all, just wanted to set the record straight! Appreciate you listening to the pod!

warehouseguy 08-19-2022 11:46 AM

Backreading a little bit --- so August hopes are dim at this point, but still churn about a release this fall around a fall tour? Or really a case of the who-knows?

ElijahSoRight72 08-19-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warehouseguy (Post 18252231)
Backreading a little bit --- so August hopes are dim at this point, but still churn about a release this fall around a fall tour? Or really a case of the who-knows?

The best bit of info we have is that Matt Norlander has said to his knowledge the album is done and will come out later this year. That was as of a few weeks ago. Other than that, yeah it’s mostly “who-knows.” Still possible that it could be announced alongside the fall tour in September.

Speilmen230 08-19-2022 12:01 PM

TLDR: Soon.

btpeters 08-19-2022 12:03 PM

I think the Rodrigo doing a doc thing came from one of Matt Norlander's 3-part series on Busted Stuff. Either Harris or Lillywhite mentioned they sat in for a doc that Rodrigo was working on about MacHead, not necessarily all of BTCS.

nolan8or 08-19-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 18252245)
I think the Rodrigo doing a doc thing came from one of Matt Norlander's 3-part series on Busted Stuff. Either Harris or Lillywhite mentioned they sat in for a doc that Rodrigo was working on about MacHead, not necessarily all of BTCS.

That's not accurate at all. Might wanna read the last few posts about it before spreading stuff that isn't remotely true.

ToySoldier#34 08-19-2022 12:29 PM

As we all know Rodrigo was on Grey St podcast and confirmed a finished version of tLWS with Lillywhite will be the next album

btpeters 08-19-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolan8or (Post 18252262)
That's not accurate at all. Might wanna read the last few posts about it before spreading stuff that isn't remotely true.

Easy does it, my man. I said I think. Post wasn't stating I knew the truth, it was speculation

Apparently I'm mistaken. This recent comment wasn't the first time I'd seen it brought up. Thought it might have been his podcasts where I'd seen it. I supposed I'm incorrect.

btpeters 08-19-2022 12:53 PM

I saw the "clarity post" you provided up top, but I thought that was regarding your own podcast, not Norlander's. Reading it now again, makes sense.

btpeters 08-19-2022 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 18252264)
As we all know Rodrigo was on Grey St podcast and confirmed a finished version of tLWS with Lillywhite will be the next album

Stop spreading lies! :lol

Moose Thompson 08-19-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 18252245)

Yeah I fucked this all up and I apologize.

I was referring to the Norlander interview with Harris. He mentions a close friend of the band who is involved with their photography making a film looking back on early times in the band's career. Specifically he mentions Machead playing over a photo montage and about the band's time in Brazil. I incorrectly put photography friend and Brazil together.

So, I was way out of pocket when I responded since the conversation was about Sam Erickson on the GreySt pod. (Currently listening to the GreySt Erickson interview, it's great and I think I'm getting even more insight on my mistake)

This is why I mostly lurk. :D

btpeters 08-19-2022 01:09 PM

Everybody's fine in here. Just some honest confusion. And I'm betting nolan8or wasn't intending his post to come off as rash as it looked to me. BUT, I get what he was communicating.

We're all good. All here. All posting. All talking about an old album's new thing in the old new album thread that is coming soon or not, or maybe or...hey Mad Man's Eyes and Walk Around the Moon rule! :lol

nolan8or 08-19-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 18252297)
Everybody's fine in here. Just some honest confusion. And I'm betting nolan8or wasn't intending his post to come off as rash as it looked to me. BUT, I get what he was communicating.

We're all good. All here. All posting. All talking about an old album's new thing in the old new album thread that is coming soon or not, or maybe or...hey Mad Man's Eyes and Walk Around the Moon rule! :lol

Everything's all good, definitely didn't mean for that to come across as aggressive. Just wanted to set the record straight for what was said on our podcast!

SinclairWill 08-19-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolan8or (Post 18252156)

Thank you!

Xcacel 08-19-2022 01:40 PM

Guys, I admit I am totally lost about this phantom documentary.
As far as I know, the three photographers who are currently involved with band are Rodrigo, Rene Huemer and Sanjay Suchak. And most likely the band considers all of them good friends. Apart from the nice little snippets, which are nice, I doubt that Rodrigo skills are enough to make a documentary. I don’t know about the other two. Rene has been with the band for quite a long time, but I know him just for his great pictures.
Sam in the Grey Street episode was mentioning that he had no experience at all when management asked if he could film for a doc, back in ‘98. But today, if you want to make a doc, there is plenty of skilled filmmakers, why you want to go to a photographer? Again, I might be missing something, indulge me, Nolan

ericvol 08-19-2022 01:42 PM

Give me album updates or give me death

ElijahSoRight72 08-19-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericvol (Post 18252313)
Give me album updates or give me death

:lol :lol :lol

theflower 08-19-2022 01:52 PM

the national are releasing a new single on Monday... that should make everyone excited.

RolandsThinny 08-19-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theflower (Post 18252323)
the national are releasing a new single on Monday... that should make everyone excited.

But Panici! At the Disco put out a new album TODAY!

hopewelljones 08-19-2022 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warehouseguy (Post 18252231)

Cant get over this :lol

madhatter 08-19-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose Thompson (Post 18252137)
Same. When he made it basically crystal clear that Rodrigo is working on a BTCS documentary/memoire film and that includes Machead I thought people would be going crazy. But, it was barely noticed or discussed.

To be fair, I haven't checked out the podcast yet. [emoji2357]

It'll be interesting to hear Machead, but I'm guessing it won't match what people have built up in their heads.

RSSR 08-19-2022 04:05 PM

August is coming to an end. Big surprise.

ericvol 08-19-2022 04:06 PM

Sam said something like “it’s a beautiful little song” I think were his words.

I’m guessing it’s like a The Fly/Cigarette Lit/Diggin a Ditch type song.

btpeters 08-19-2022 04:17 PM

Didn’t someone who heard MacHead say it sounded like Sleep To Dream Her?

DMBCardinal 08-19-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSR (Post 18252407)
August is coming to an end. Big surprise.

I don't understand. Was there ever a doubt?

bowa36 08-19-2022 05:18 PM

I think some sort of Last Minute Change (LMC) prevented the definitely planned August announcement from happening

two-by-twostep 08-19-2022 05:34 PM

having trouble quoting for some reason.

RE: Machead / Sleep to Dream Her --- yes, iirc it was either Jake or Joe who heard it and wrote an article about it. pretty sure they said it sounded like this section of STDH: https://youtu.be/0L5aJXlKtDY?t=82

eidt: yes it was Jake and here's the article from 09 https://antsmarching.org/columns/column.php?columnid=71

bibby1044 08-19-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 18252412)
Didn’t someone who heard MacHead say it sounded like Sleep To Dream Her?

Yeah I think Jake said if he had to pick one thing the band has done as a comparison to machead it was Rois bridge in sleep too dream her.